• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone ready for the living story to give us access to new areas?
Ring of Fyahhhhh
I'm kinda meh on it because there isn't much to do outside of the dungeon path.
This update has definitely been the most limited in scope so far. Even the Teq patch had the updates to the other world bosses as well, plus the WvW BL changes and the LFG tool.

I will say that it's up there among my favorite dungeon paths though. I'm really looking forward to getting better and better at it.

You find out that Caithe was the lover of the main baddie in TA, Faolain, who was also the head of the nightmare court. In the PS where you see into a possible future you can stick around to hear the shades of Destiny's Edge give up and/or bitch at each other. Caithe tells Faolain that since the end times are there, she'll fall to nightmare so she can spend the last days in Faolain's arms.
Not sure how widely known that is to other sylvari. If it's a big secret, that could be it. Sorta hoping it is just to tie up that little plot thread a bit.
I dunno. Scarlet makes reference to their relationship explicitly in the new path, just in like a teasing way. I think the secret about Caithe has to be something else.
quality of life, fix bugs, fix camera, take out shitty passive traits and add in more interesting ones, more skills.
Literally none of that is content, which sort of seemed like what AFNAL was talking about.
Fair enough. When did we get the magic find update? Was that 4 updates ago?
Bleh, no it's not "fair enough" :p Why would you concede that so readily? Anyway the MF change, ascended crafting and legendary tweaks, was 3 updates ago, the LFG was two ago.

Guild Wars 2 First Person Shooter MOD is in, check out the first screenshot below.
WW9ogkG.jpg

hythloday

They're one of mine too, I just get feelings like they could have added more, and in fact, Colin was stated saying that releases would be more and more meaty, when in fact, the last two have been dearth of anything outside of one specific update.

I'd like to throw you back to previous updates where we got:

• New Jumping Puzzles
  • New Mini-Areas built into existing areas
  • Living Story
  • New items
  • World Events (like boxes to break etc)

With Tequatl, it was just him, and some really weak scavenger hunts (which ArenaNet seems to love for some reason). Previously done right scavenger hunts include lore at the location (see: Molten Alliance agent), or interesting mechanics to find (see: using a radar to "ping" the location).

With Twilight Assault, it's just the dungeon. Yeah they added a whole category of weapons that drop, but they're RNG. I thought we were past the idea of just adding only RNG ways to get weapons in the game. Including them on the vendor for TA list with a substantially higher token cost would have been ace.

I'll agree on all those points.

For me, the Bazaar of the Four Winds update was the high point so far. The NPCs and the story instances had all seemed like they were really ramping up to something. You had all the Glint references, the mystery of the Aetherblades, and the fucking amazing content in the update. Add in the promises that came out from ArenaNet around that time that the Living Story was "just getting started," my internal hype levels were at a peak.

After that, the updates have kinda continued on a downward trend. They all had very good content, but after the Scarlet reveal, the story's been kind of a fizz instead of a kaboom.

The RNG thing kinda bothers me too. I had also thought we were moving away from RNG as a method of delivering the rewards in each update. It seems like things have been different every time, and they're still trying to figure out an optimal method. Either that, or they're just letting each team do their own thing from here on out, so we end up with these varied reward systems instead of one consistent delivery system like the Black Lion Ticket Scraps.

Complistic

that was a sweet ta run. The only thing that held us up was the fire ele v ooze bit. We even stomped sparki and slick the very first try.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Jumping puzzles can only be done once per character? The puzzle jump counter didn't go up again when I went up the spiral tree for Dark Reverie

So Jumping puzzles can only be done once per character? The puzzle jump counter didn't go up again when I went up the spiral tree for Dark Reverie
For the monthly? I don't think it counts duplicate runs, otherwise everyone would just do the easy Lions Arch/Southsun ones.

Levyne

Banned
BxUVIeM.png

Gold League is no longer a fantasy. If we do well enough it is possible. We are projected for 7, but this match is young.

Ashodin

BxUVIeM.png

Gold League is no longer a fantasy. If we do well enough it is possible. We are projected for 7, but this match is young.

Yep, have to echo xeris's assessment and say my interest would be below zero.

Really were hoping we'd be Silver League...

Yep, have to echo xeris's assessment and say my interest would be below zero.

Really were hoping we'd be Silver League...

Was playing tonight and it seems like most people that WvW a lot, know that they would be crushed in T1 so they hope they can stay in T2 from what I heard on TS.

They don't want anymore bandwagon guilds coming to SBI in hopes of SBI going to T1.

jersoc

Ring of Fyahhhhh

This update has definitely been the most limited in scope so far. Even the Teq patch had the updates to the other world bosses as well, plus the WvW BL changes and the LFG tool.

I will say that it's up there among my favorite dungeon paths though. I'm really looking forward to getting better and better at it.

I dunno. Scarlet makes reference to their relationship explicitly in the new path, just in like a teasing way. I think the secret about Caithe has to be something else.

Literally none of that is content, which sort of seemed like what AFNAL was talking about.

Bleh, no it's not "fair enough" :p Why would you concede that so readily? Anyway the MF change, ascended crafting and legendary tweaks, was 3 updates ago, the LFG was two ago.

except who i responded to was asking what else is there besides those things.
and i would say more skills and removing passives very much qualifies as content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
except who i responded to was asking what else is there besides those things.
Who you responded to was asking that to AFollowerNotALeader, his response included:
World events (discounting Taco because of the waiting around/organisational bar to entry). They've been pretty much completely absent.

Fun minigames.

An element of world exploration (again, Taco sort of had this but only in the most tedious way possible).
i.e. some of the other content types.
and i would say more skills and removing passives very much qualifies as content.
I guess in the sense that devs release a "weapon pack" in a shooter as "DLC" sure. They're not "something to do."

Based on the queues and spread last night SBI will be making it into gold league. Mwerp. As long as the people who really love WvW are happy about it then I'm happy.

Levyne

Banned
It's hard to say. If we perform as strongly through to Monday as we did last night, we will almost certainly be ranked into Gold for some moment in time. But we'll have to see how well it holds from there.

But what seemed like a snowball's chance in hell before is now looking like a flip of a coin if not better.

This is exciting!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't forget about tomorrow's Guild Event!
New TA dungeon path speed run.

Just mentioned it in-game, 6:00PM EDT tomorrow for an old school dungeon race. Random teams, 2G apiece for the winning team and an unided dye to all those who come to race.

markot

Banned
Um.

I thought there were gonna be 3 leagues for the us. So shouldn't it be 8 per league?

Anyway. Better to be loser of gold then winner of silver!

Virzeth

Um.

I thought there were gonna be 3 leagues for the us. So shouldn't it be 8 per league?

I’m here to make an announcement regarding season one of World vs. World. After careful consideration of feedback, we’ve decided to make some changes to both the timing of the inagurual season and the composition of leagues. We decided that it made more sense to split North America into three leagues, much like Europe. In the case of North America, the top six worlds will comprise the gold league and will battle each other in a clash of titans over a seven week period. The silver and bronze leagues will be made up of nine worlds each and will function exactly the same as the European leagues. We’ve made this change in order to have more competitive matches over the course of the season, while still retaining the variety of matching up with a wide swath of worlds during the season.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-vs-world-season-1-begins-october-18/

Ceres

Banned
Um.

Since 8 teams don't divide into 3 evenly, they're splitting it so fewer in gold league.
Which basically means rank 5-6 are screwed and TC isn't fairing much better at 4.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations

I’d like to create a central place for you all to get the current state of where we stand on optimizing the servers and relieving what most of you have come to know as “skill lag”.

Over the past several months we’ve had a small team working on ways to relieve some of the load from the game server while there are large concentrations of players. Most of the work thus far has gone pretty much unnoticed from the player’s perspective, but there have been pretty large steps made towards the issue. This continues to be a large and high priority issue for us so we can continue to make improvements to make this a thing of the past.

The various teams, or as we call internally “Feature Teams”, are now subject to performance reviews both client and server before they can ship. This is one of the many things we’ve put in place to stop the bleeding. Preventing further issues has been the main focus up to this point to ensure we aren’t introducing new issues and constantly cleaning up behind them. Now that we’re to a point where we’re confident that we’ve plugged the holes, larger strides to actually make noticeable optimizations are in the works.

I mentioned sometime last month that I’d like to be more transparent about what steps we’re taking to address the issue. To give you more of an insight of where we stand, we’re starting with taking the bull by the horns. We’ll be going through almost every skill in the game over the coming months and optimizing them one-by-one. This in itself will make an extremely large difference, that when that patch note comes through, expect a very different WvW experience.

I’m going to leave this thread open for discussion, but I urge you to be respectful of one another and keep things civil, otherwise I’ll be forced to lock it.

-Bill

Remfin

The implication seems to be server performance, so I don't really understand it. I could see "dumbing" down the nature of projectiles (since right now they are actually tracked and hit things in the way), and some skills maybe having some bad algorithms behind them somehow (next-target-selection for bouncers or buffs, which-targets-to-hit for things that fan like Guardian Staff auto-attack), but I don't see how they'd have that much of a difference.

Levyne

Banned
Struggling a lot more in WvW today. Expected growing pains. But I'll take the highs and lows of a competitive match to boring nap time of yesterday.

Just 'grounded' to go for the Aetherblade path achievements now. I'm sorry for barking orders at everyone, hopefully it was not too bossy or at least the reward of getting to the end outweighed being bossed around.

TrounceX

Struggling a lot more in WvW today. Expected growing pains. But I'll take the highs and lows of a competitive match to boring nap time of yesterday.

It's ok, you guys are doing great. Lots of talk about SBI in the community lately. FA was supposed to wipe the floor with you on reset, but look what happened!

I'm curious to see if you guys will hold out over the weekdays though.

Mxrz

Maguuma seems annoying. You kill them then they start whispering you about how bad you are. I don't even get how they find your name.

Leveling Necro lately. Fun, but sucks fighting world bosses since conditions dont do anything, and minions more or less get blown up. And FE is a damn trial and a half now for non-80s, at least in the off hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom