• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

Yeah, that was a side effect of preventing folks from getting stuck in the generators. The collision gets smaller once you destroy them. A fix for that and the Clockheart retaining shielding after wipe are both queued up for the
next non-hotfix update.

Hey thanks for the quick response and nice to know it wasn't intended.

Moondrop

Banned
I actually enjoy underwater combat on my mesmer and thief, but I must admit I don't think it really belongs in sPvP. It's interesting to hear that disappointed you, I'm surprised.

I like the concept of underwater combat, though clearly the execution is lacking. What's disappointing is that the devs would seemingly rather remove it from spvp (and the wvw borderlands for that matter) than face the problem head on and overhaul the system.

I had some great times in the early builds launching amphibious assaults with my ranger pets. Now warrior in particular gets owned underwater; I have to avoid the Raid of Capricorn node entirely.

jersoc

Speaking of bad armor, anyone see the pictures of the ascended armor floating around? That stuff is a hot mess.

im less excited to craft it now. i may even just skip it or make pieces as I can instead of farming all the time for them.

seriously, the people involved in that design. just wtf man.

Lunar15

im less excited to craft it now. i may even just skip it or make pieces as I can instead of farming all the time for them.

seriously, the people involved in that design. just wtf man.

I could see pieces of it looking good with other sets. Got my eye on the top and shoulders for my mesmer, but I'll have to try out a preview link to see if it will look good.

Moondrop

Banned
The ranger pet revive is just stupid underwater without finishers.

While I agree it should be tweaked, most if not all professions have an interrupt skill to use on the pet. Of course most players steadfastly refuse to target pets. The real problems come when either the pet clips below the ground surface and can't be hit (I'm looking at you jellyfish), or when the self-res is boosted at the surface of the water.

Ashodin

• Your party is already in that guild hall.
  • You must be in your guild hall to use that command.
  • Guild Hall
  • New guild hall.
  • Guild Battle
  • That guild is already involved in a battle. Please challenge another, or try again later.
  • Top Guild Battles

Inc GvG and Guild Halls

Levyne

Banned
Wow. Legitimately exciting....though the last thing I need is more things to do.

Listen to me. The hell is this.

GvG fanatics bitching it's not exactly what they want in 3...2....1....

I want to respond to this but I don't know how.

Jira

Wow. Legitimately exciting....though the last thing I need is more things to do.

Listen to me. The hell is this.

Well he's right. You know no matter what it ends up being, people will complain about something. They'll pick something else to focus their bitching on since GvG exists.

Lunar15

I dunno, I guess it's just kind of jumping the gun. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. Kind of beating a dead horse at this point I suppose.

Ashodin

30fff10-15_NextHero_EN.jpg

The new update may be called "Madness".

Or at least have something with Madness in it. Mad King yo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
GvG will happen, but probably not til like the beginning of Q2 2014. I am sure they want to go big and it's gonna be tons of work.

Somebody said they thing the dude in that image is Mad King Thorn's brother? Iunno.

Retro

The GvG scene, as I understand it, just wants to hang out and duel each other all day without distractions or interference. ArenaNet making an actual gameplay mode for it means it will most definitely not be just that, as I would guess the rest of the game's population wants a little more to an entire game mode than just "Guild death matches". Thus, the current GvGers are unlikely to enjoy it because it is very unlikely it will match their pre-conceived concept of what GvG should be.

Add "It's not 'pure' GvG!" to your Official Forums Bingo card now for a free space.

hythloday

The GvG scene, as I understand it, just wants to hang out and duel each other all day without distractions or interference. ArenaNet making an actual gameplay mode for it means it will most definitely not be just that, as I would guess the rest of the game's population wants a little more to an entire game mode than just "Guild death matches". Thus, the current GvGers are unlikely to enjoy it because it is very unlikely it will match their pre-conceived concept of what GvG should be.

Add "It's not 'pure' GvG!" to your Official Forums Bingo card now for a free space.

Since there isn't a GvG mode yet, I think it's hard to say what the "GvG scene" wants. They hang out and duel now, since all they can really do at this point is find a corner in the borderlands and hang out and duel. If they were provided with some setup where they could do leagues, tourneys, etc, they'd probably be happy about that. They've also already got private PvP arenas, so ArenaNet could just expand on those, no?

Jira

WvW meta achievements. Of course the WvWers are already bitching about the JP part, though you don't even have to do them as you only need 15 of the achievements to get the meta.
(meta) Premier Season Veteran (50 points, 1 season 1 chest key, title, requires to complete 15 'WvW Premier Season' achievements
(semi meta) WvW Dawn of the Season (start the first season wvwvw, 1 tier, 0 points)
Season Mists Defender Restores (4 tiers, 10/150/300/500 repairs done, requires dawn of the season)
Mists Invader Defender (1 tier, 10 invaders killed, requires dawn of the season)
World Ranker (4 tiers, 1/15/30/50 wvw ranks gained, requires dawn of the season)
Mists Merc Camp Vanquisher (same requirement, 4 tiers, 1/15/30/50 mercenary camps taken)
Sapphire Leap in the Mists (complete blue bl jp, same requirement)
Emerald Leap in the Mists (complete green bl jp, same requirement)
ObsidianLeap in the Mists (complete eb jp, same requirement)
Garnet Leap in the Mists (complete red bl jp, same requirement)
No Tower to High (same requirement, 5 tiers 1/5/10/20/30 towers taken)
Castles in the Air (same requirement, capture 5 stone mist castles taken, 1 tier)
The Keep is the Thing (same requirement, 3 tiers, 1/5/10 keeps taken)
Camp Crusher (same requirement, 5 tiers, 1/25/50/75/100 supply camps taken)
Supplies Severed (same requirement, 5 tiers, 1/50/100/150/225 supply caravans destroyed)
Sentry Capturer extraordinaire (same requirement, 5 tiers, 1/35/85/150/225 sentry captured)
Guard Slayer (same requirement, 5 tiers, 1/100/200/350/500 guards killled, thanx to RandomBrasilian)
Demolition Expert - (4 tiers, 1/10/30 walls or gates destroyed, thanx to Mallechos)
Master of Ruins - (4 tiers, 1/15/30/50 ruins captured, thanx to Mallechos)
Big Spender (1 tier, 250 badges of honor spent, thanx to Mallechos)
Advanced Mists Invasion Defender (requires Mists Invasion Defender, 3 tiers, 50/200/450 enemy invaders killed)

Proven

Since there isn't a GvG mode yet, I think it's hard to say what the "GvG scene" wants. They hang out and duel now, since all they can really do at this point is find a corner in the borderlands and hang out and duel. If they were provided with some setup where they could do leagues, tourneys, etc, they'd probably be happy about that. They've also already got private PvP arenas, so ArenaNet could just expand on those, no?

Well, the prevailing thought is that they can't just increase PvP server limits, or else they would have done that already. The PvP servers are magnitudes smaller than the PvE and WvW servers and they want to keep the current specification they have. It'd be a whole lot of work to either A) Have two implementations to every type of PvP server depending on size, with all the bug testing and such included or B) Switch all current PvP servers to a larger size (hundreds of these things) which also increase maintenance and bandwidth costs anyway.

Which actually makes me very, very curious as to where Guild Halls will be physically located server wise (using space on unused overflow servers perhaps?) and then if they're possibly currently spinning up new servers just for GvG.

I have to ask... Is this stuff common dinner table discussion material for you guys?

Retro

I have to ask... Is this stuff common dinner table discussion material for you guys?

We sit in crowded restaurants and talk loudly about the game and the guild.

I introduce myself to people as Retro.

We have confused waiters by discussing 'doing tacos later' despite not being in a Mexican restaurant.

When detailing why I'd make a good husband to her dad, I included my WoW raiding history and gearscore.

He was very impressed.

I spend more time talking on the Mumble mobile app than placing actual calls.

I spend more time than you'd like to know posting from the bathroom.

Like right now.

We ERPG IRL. We sit on opposite ends of the room and whisper what we're doing to each other.

We decide where we're going to dinner by rolling 1d20. She has a +5 bonus on saving throws vs. Pizza Again, I have a +2 wisdom modifier against Things that Gave us the Shits Last Time, with an additional +1 proficiency against Cuisine (exotic). In retrospect I should have just taken intestinal fortitude.

She knows when I actually come to bed at night by the time stamp of my posts on GAF.

She caught me cheating one night... looking at a Dulfy guide.

Proven

We have confused waiters by discussing 'doing tacos later' despite not being in a Mexican restaurant.

When detailing why I'd make a good husband to her dad, I included my WoW raiding history and gearscore.

He was very impressed.

Like right now.

We ERPG IRL. We sit on opposite ends of the room and whisper what we're doing to each other.

We decide where we're going to dinner by rolling 1d20. She has a +5 bonus on saving throws vs. Pizza Again, I have a +2 wisdom modifier against Things that Gave us the Shits Last Time, with an additional +1 proficiency against Cuisine (exotic). In retrospect I should have just taken intestinal fortitude.

She knows when I actually come to bed at night by the time stamp of my posts on GAF.

Some of those things are not true.

But which ones?

It's about time I take a break from GAF.

New day, new way for ArenaNet to piss everyone off.

Only one thing can cure this injustice... Rage on the official forums! Damn you Anet! You owe me 2 hours free subscription time for waiting, just for Tequatl to be bugged!

Wouldn't it be funny if someone at Anet was tired of seeing main getting it every time after reset while watching multiple overflows try then not get it, and just decided to screw with us. I'd like them more for that.

He was very impressed.

Like right now.

You guys have a fun type of relationship... I can actually see some of this happening.

Don't poop and post at the same time. It's bad etiquette :)

You guys have a fun type of relationship... I can actually see some of this happening.

Don't poop and post at the same time. It's bad etiquette :)
In simpler times, a man would read the newspaper in such a fashion. Posting on the pot is just a result of technology moving forward.
Next thing we know, we'll have vidscreens on our bathroom walls just like in spaceballs.

In simpler times, a man would read the newspaper in such a fashion. Posting on the pot is just a result of technology moving forward.
Next thing we know, we'll have vidscreens on our bathroom walls just like in spaceballs.

I was just being funny. A smartphone in the bathroom is totally normal. This is why I would never ask to borrow someone's phone these days. I know exactly where it has been.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry about the challenges guys. I was just playing it too safe the first time, we were doing fine. Supplies always wrecks groups smaller than 20

I was just being funny. A smartphone in the bathroom is totally normal. This is why I would never ask to borrow someone's phone these days. I know exactly where it has been.
I was mostly trying for humor myself. I think more posts should reference spaceballs. :<

Lunar15

So I tried on some of that ascended armor because I thought it could fit one of my sets and man, it really sucks. Part of me feels like maybe the textures aren't complete or something.

Earlier today I was in the SBI overflow that tried to kill Tequatl. Surprisingly we had only like 10% left for a very unorganized effort. Though it was interesting watching the shitstorm and blame game that occurred after event failure.

When does gaf run Taco? I was removed for inactivity from the guild but that's to be expected. I don't really want a guild invite if you guys are full and I most likely will not be on consistently.

I was in an overflow this evening that took Taco down. It was surprisingly well organized and we had very little problem with it. That was also my first kill of the dragon, so that was cool.

Took down the inquest golem solo in under 5 minutes. Well, one guy turned up with 10% health left, didn't make much difference though.

(Well it sounds impressive but it's not any actually harder than doing it with a huge zerg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom