• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think I'll ever be able to assess this game as "hardcore," really in any sense, ever, at least not the PvE side. Time commitment maybe most of all. It's got options that cater to the hardcore, but they aren't the majority or even the most important aspects of the game.

It's too accommodating to look at that way, for me. If I log in and decide to spend however long it takes to do a particularly tough jumping puzzle, then log out for the night, I know I'm not playing the game wrong or "missing out" on anything necessary. I had a fun hour or two, or 20 minutes, playing a videogame.

This sequence of events feels identical to me to the way it did at launch, and I honestly heard a lot of the same kind of complaint back then about how it "forced" you to spend your time. This at a point when, rose-tinted glasses aside, a lot of rewards were lesser than they are now and had fewer methods of acquisition.

I just log in and do whatever I feel like, for however long I feel like doing it. I get rewarded for this. I will never fill every bar, or acquire every hard-to-get item, or achieve every acheivement, or accomplish every feat, but I'm not looking for any of that out of the experience- I'm just enjoying myself, like it were any other game.

What's clear to me is that this game lends itself to compulsive behavior if you are predisposed to it. If you do feel compelled to do everything you possibly can, whether or not you're having fun, it's perfectly understandable to me how it could become a bit of a nightmare.
theMrCravens said:
They still could've easily toned it down considerably, and keep it on par to what we (or I) had played/seen back at launch and during beta.
I guess I'd be interested to see how... at launch, dungeons awarded you fewer tokens, and far less gold. Dailies and monthlies were more time consuming and less rewarding. Ascended gear has no appeal to me outside a couple of the skins, but most of the other stuff you mentioned is just content that has been added of varying length and difficulty (a concept you have made clear you are against at face value).

It's hard for me to see how any of that stuff is indicative of a hardcore time commitment. It's just stuff that's there if you want to do it that you can effortlessly ignore if you don't. Adding the extra daily dungeon tokens and rares from world bosses, especially- to me this was just more free goodies for doing something if I decided I wanted to. It's perplexing to me that so many view them as an obligation instead.

I mean, in beta, I didn't get past level 30 on any character... I dunno how I would have judged how "hardcore" the experience was then. But it seemed pretty similar to me at launch. And at launch, I know that I ran AC over 20 times to get a level 60 chest piece that would take me 5.5 runs to acquire a level 80 version of today.

I think people are just correctly identifying that it's a matter of perspective. I've honestly never really been able to relate to what it must feel like to "want a carrot," at least in this game. I get that there's a broad spectrum of players and that a wide middle of desiring some substantive reward for some relatively modest time investment exists, but I also feel like it does just as good a job providing that now as it did at launch.

It really is almost like the more stuff they add, the worse this complaint will become, because the difficulty of successfully doing all of it in the course of a day will become tougher to the point of near-impossibility. But that's not a shift toward the "hardcore" wherein you have to try and do it all, it's an invitation to decide what it is you want to do and forget about the rest.

What's clear to me is that this game lends itself to compulsive behavior if you are predisposed to it. If you do feel compelled to do everything you possibly can, whether or not you're having fun, it's perfectly understandable to me how it could become a bit of a nightmare.

That's what I was implying but, I fail at communication on a lot of levels.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's what I was implying but, I fail at communication on a lot of levels.
No, I failed actually- I was just reiterating the same point you made. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "It's definitely a personal thing though. Some of my friends are fine still playing 2 or 3 hours per week."

What started out as an awesome casual MMO concept back in beta now turned into a somewhat "hardcore" (as in time commitment) game with the revamped dailies/monthlies compared to launch, daily dragon chests, daily dungeon tokens, ascended grind, non-permanent content completion, ~1 hour invasions, ~2 hour SAB zones, etc etc etc.

If you played during beta and early launch, you probably know what I mean.

It's still the best MMO gameplay-wise, but the design point from the original casual manifesto has changed no matter what people say.

I don't believe it has. I just believe they added more optional content. None of this will invalidate you. doing your daily / working on monthly can take no more than 10 minutes if you so choose. the rest? just people chasing skins for vanity.

I need to play this game less. I've become obssessed and it's affecting me negatively. In game and in real life. My brother has become legitmately worried. His questions have escalated from "will you ever play another video game" to "will you ever do anything else?" This hit me quite hard, hence the upcoming post.

It's a tough, cringe-worthy, and exceedingly embarrassing thing to admit, especially when the topic at hand is something as inane as a video game.

And here it is in public, amongst strangers. I think it'll help me commit to changing. I feel some need to "put it out there", though. I don't know why. Probably no one cares. Maybe no one should.

The goal isn't to quit, but just to employ some (heavy) moderation. I don't need to chase acheivement points obsessively. I don't need to gather fake currency obsessively. I don't need to constantly compare my fake fucking avatar to every other person and strive to always be equal or better. I did this in GW1 and promised myself I wouldn't do it again, but here I am.

Getting involved in WvW over the last several months has been a nice change of pace, but it has almost made things worse as I find myself wanting to dedicate more overall time to even more facets of the game, like substituting out dessert for some exercise, but then going back for dessert anyways. Maybe that makes sone sense. Probably it doesn't.

If you have seen less of me and continue to, it's just me trying to reevaluate my priorities. I will still pop in to experience the living story updates, but I'm just not going to obsess over them. I will still run wvw with TE, just going to try to not make it a daily appointment. I'll do the usual dungeons, pve, guild events, but just less often.

I do enjoy, for the most part, the community GAF has built in and out of game and even though it is just invented screennames/handles behind cartoon avatars, I consider many of you "friends". I'm sorry if I've been more abrasive or aloof recently (if anyone's even noticed), I really am. I feel like I've been a lot more of an asshole, and there was no call for it.

I'm LevyneGAF on steam if anyone wants to add me. I enjoy chatting with you guys and, who knows, maybe we can meet up in a game outside gw2 :p

I'll pop back in in a few days. I know that seems low but for me it's quite a departure. Definitely going to try to keep wvw reset and guild mission nights a weekly thing.

I think I'll finally play some other games I've been sitting on in the meantime.

-Levyne

When I start to get stressed out over technology, I take a "disconnect break." The last one I had was in the summer time around 4th of July. I went two weeks without internet, television, video games, smartphone (no reception), and work-related computer stress.

I have issues with seasonal affection disorder and the amount of time I stare at glowing rectangles messes with my mind. I seriously wake up most mornings to suspend the alarm on my bright smartphone, then I go to work for eight to ten hours staring at more glowing rectangles. If none of my coworkers are with me at lunch or break, I'm looking at my smartphone or playing on a handheld device that has two glowing rectangles who's 3D may mess with my eyes/mind even more. Come home to what is now four glowing rectangles on my desktop with a 56 incher about fifteen feet to my right. I then joke that I need to just read a book, which is either on my smartphone (who's screen size gets bigger every year) or on a kindle - although admittedly, is better on my eye's and mind. lol. It's pretty hard to escape.

My next "disconnect break" from all technology including GW2 is Christmas through the New Year.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha, I really like this "disconnect break" thing. It's funny, because while I don't think I have many compulsive tendencies, I can totally relate to the feeling of inundation by glowing rectangles. Every full-time job I've ever had meant to do my job well I'd be staring at a screen the whole time. Sometimes I feel like I definitely forget the peace that comes with being cut off. I might just join you right around the new year, Xenon.

Complistic

I need to play this game less. I've become obssessed and it's affecting me negatively. In game and in real life. My brother has become legitmately worried. His questions have escalated from "will you ever play another video game" to "will you ever do anything else?" This hit me quite hard, hence the upcoming post.

It's a tough, cringe-worthy, and exceedingly embarrassing thing to admit, especially when the topic at hand is something as inane as a video game.

And here it is in public, amongst strangers. I think it'll help me commit to changing. I feel some need to "put it out there", though. I don't know why. Probably no one cares. Maybe no one should.

The goal isn't to quit, but just to employ some (heavy) moderation. I don't need to chase acheivement points obsessively. I don't need to gather fake currency obsessively. I don't need to constantly compare my fake fucking avatar to every other person and strive to always be equal or better. I did this in GW1 and promised myself I wouldn't do it again, but here I am.

Getting involved in WvW over the last several months has been a nice change of pace, but it has almost made things worse as I find myself wanting to dedicate more overall time to even more facets of the game, like substituting out dessert for some exercise, but then going back for dessert anyways. Maybe that makes sone sense. Probably it doesn't.

If you have seen less of me and continue to, it's just me trying to reevaluate my priorities. I will still pop in to experience the living story updates, but I'm just not going to obsess over them. I will still run wvw with TE, just going to try to not make it a daily appointment. I'll do the usual dungeons, pve, guild events, but just less often.

I do enjoy, for the most part, the community GAF has built in and out of game and even though it is just invented screennames/handles behind cartoon avatars, I consider many of you "friends". I'm sorry if I've been more abrasive or aloof recently (if anyone's even noticed), I really am. I feel like I've been a lot more of an asshole, and there was no call for it.

I'm LevyneGAF on steam if anyone wants to add me. I enjoy chatting with you guys and, who knows, maybe we can meet up in a game outside gw2 :p

I'll pop back in in a few days. I know that seems low but for me it's quite a departure. Definitely going to try to keep wvw reset and guild mission nights a weekly thing.

I think I'll finally play some other games I've been sitting on in the meantime.

-Levyne

glad to hear this. I've cut way back the last couple of months. It sounds weird, but you enjoy the game way more if you don't get to play it as often.

glad to hear this. I've cut way back the last couple of months. It sounds weird, but you enjoy the game way more if you don't get to play it as often.
Agreed. I take breaks or ease up on playtimes to do other stuff and I find that the result is a more rewarding experience overall.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cannot agree more. I am always surprised to hear about people playing this because they feel like they have to or at the detriment of playing other games. I just finished Spec Ops: The Line (awesome), am messing with Orcs Must Die (fun but too easy so far) and Reus, and just downloaded Dragon's Crown, which I'm gonna dive into tonight.

jtNct0OgHE8RC.png
Surprised I hadn't seen this before. Gotta see how good I can get at it, might be one of my faves.

Surprised I hadn't seen this before. Gotta see how good I can get at it, might be one of my faves.
That area was the last area I needed to complete its respective zone. The achievements panel was nagging me for months about this last area so I said, "fuck it, I'm off explorin' (via Wiki)." Anet has done a great job of making me want to scratch that itch. Now I'm reminded that I have two harpoon gun kills left until the next tier, but screw that craptacular weapon.

That area was the last area I needed to complete its respective zone. The achievements panel was nagging me for months about this last area so I said, "fuck it, I'm off explorin' (via Wiki)." Anet has done a great job of making me want to scratch that itch. Now I'm reminded that I have two harpoon gun kills left until the next tier, but screw that craptacular weapon.
This reminds me that the underwater content needs some updates. Take out the breathers, fix underwater weapon skills, and open up more utility skills and elites for underwater use. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

Retro

This reminds me that the underwater content needs some updates. Take out the breathers, fix underwater weapon skills, and open up more utility skills and elites for underwater use. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask.

Wat? Not having a breath meter is pretty much the best part of the underwater content. If you're going to have underwater combat, having a meter pop up to force you to the surface every 20 seconds is just going to make it worse. I'm fine with all of the other stuff, but the breathers have gotta stay or it's just going to be tedious.

Wat? Not having a breath meter is pretty much the best part of the underwater content. If you're going to have underwater combat, having a meter pop up to force you to the surface every 20 seconds is just going to make it worse. I'm fine with all of the other stuff, but the breathers have gotta stay or it's just going to be tedious.
I mean just remove it as a piece of equipment. The last thing I want is a breath meter.

Retro

I mean just remove it as a piece of equipment. The last thing I want is a breath meter.

Ah, gotcha. I'd be okay with that, as upgrading them has been a crap shoot and there are better places to get loot. The problem is having different skins, but the default ones are pretty good so I don't really mind.

leng jai

I think he means just have your normal helm instead of a breather.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't get it. Aqua breathers are a crucial component of the full gameplay package and you would throw everything into disarray just to avoid some minor inconvenience. They are clearly balanced specifically for underwater combat and it wouldn't function properly without them.

who the fuck could possibly make a case for needing these. I have yet to even remember to buy a damn 6 rune on any of my characters

Otherside of the 2 week content i spend maybe 15 mins on this game a day, all i do is my dailies, so i can get to 9k achievement points to get the helm, from my point of view the game is stale and run it's course only reason i play more than 15mins because of friends, when they are not only I am playing games from my back log started, Dead Space yesterday, finish Dead Island and Tomb Raider recently..

Game needs an expansion IMO, i want to see Cantha/Elona otherwise these bi-weekly content just don't hold my interests, they were fun in the beginning but now they suck, i just wait a day get the Dulfy guide and complete them for achievement points, before i used to run them and try and learn how to complete it on my own..

Jira

Sorry for the confusion surrounding this achievement. It is a bit complex, which makes it difficult to qualify in the sentence we have available in the description. So to help out anyone currently stuck on this one here are some clarifications:

Clarification on who is included in the Foreman Spur’s crew:

The NPCs standing in formation in front of the foreman counts as his crew. The patrolling steam watcher and any creatures spawned by the watcher don’t count as a part of Foreman Spur’s crew, nor do any of patrolling NPCs on the walkways.

You can get the achievement by aggroing Spur and then attacking either Spur or his crew.

If the players kill off the crew, but if the party wipes before killing Spur, the players lose out on the achievement.
If the players kill Spur without killing any crew first, they get the achievement after wiping out his remaining crew. Once Spur is killed, the party can wipe without fear of losing the achievement.

You can fight some of the crew without losing out on the achievement. Here’s how:

Once the foreman has been engaged, you can kill him or his remaining members in any order.
Portions of the crew can be defeated before engaging the foreman (aka getting Spur to turn hostile and attack), but you must avoid killing a complete row.
Using the foreman as reference, row 1 starts at his left and runs right, not front to back. So if you are attempting to make this achievement easier by pulling portions of the room, then make sure at least one mob per row remains standing before engaging Spur.

The intent is to first engage and kill Foreman Spurr while fending off his crew, after he is dead then you should be able to wipe/disengage. To allow for some flexibility in the difficulty we allowed the crew to be thinned out some. Unfortunately, this flexibility also allows the achievement to be completed using alternate strategies which makes it difficult to summarize in a sentence and has, unfortunately, ended up causing confusion in how the achievement can be earned.

Hope this helps.

All we had to do to get the achievement was to pull and clear out enough aetherblades to be able to pull the boss while leaving a couple of aetherblades unpulled in the back corner. Then when the boss was at 5% someone goes over to those guys and tanks/kites them until the boss is dead so they can be killed after the boss without going out of combat. There were only a few left at this stage in the back left corner so I'm pretty sure we had killed at least one entire row and we still got it.

jersoc

sort of funny. i got the game because it looked great and it was fun once the "open" beta thing started, but also because it's free to play. I played WoW crazy amount of hours in the first few years because I was part of a pvp group who were going high warlord. I had to get my 15 bucks worth. Which is rather funny now. I didn't want that pressure to always have to be playing wow. I just wanted to come and go when I could.

but I feel it because I'm a sucker to get all the one time skins I can from these events. The last month has been a nice break. I'm not saying its bad and its more of a me thing than a game thing.

But these events are ok at times, but they do suffer other aspects of the game I won't get in it.

Good luck Seda Khold Levyne. Like with all things, moderation is the key. And simply quitting means giving up on what you love.

I guess I'd be interested to see how... at launch, dungeons awarded you fewer tokens, and far less gold. Dailies and monthlies were more time consuming and less rewarding. Ascended gear has no appeal to me outside a couple of the skins, but most of the other stuff you mentioned is just content that has been added of varying length and difficulty (a concept you have made clear you are against at face value).

The bolded is what I constantly suffer with. I really had to get away around the time they introduced dailies/ascended/biweekly events because at that point it was going to be too much.

As for addressing it, I don't think there's a problem per se. I do have a problem with the carrot-on-a-stick game design that's been plaguing MMOs as well as in recent games (but that's a whole other topic altogether). In GW2's case, the issue stems from players who are trying to do everything just like they did back during launch only the content itself has multipled many times over. I can see how some players can become frustrated like theMrCravens as well as myself and I've already stated my position regarding ascended gear and temporary content. The carrot has always been there. It's just been expanded upon and streamlined.

ArenaNet should ban everyone on official forums with more tha 200 posts.

Then soon after shut down the official forum and just come to out OT for all the best ideas.

Killing Zhaitan...
Is so lackluster

I still wish they would try and fix it. In fact, I think all the story dungeons are not very friendly. I think the story modes shouldn't be much more difficult than regular story mission. That would make levelling characters much more fun and enjoyable. As it is right now, not many people I have seen ever do the dungeons to lvl/gear up.

It's not like the game needs it because the game has more means to efficently reach the level cap than any MMO I have played. But at the same time, I think there is story cohesion issues.

I'm going through the personal story, street rat, opportunity to join circus, human, and I feel some things storywise don't make sense. At the same time I keep wondering what happened to your personal instance?

When they first announced personal story instances as your "house" I thought It was going to be this city district that you would, in an almost Skies of Arcadia-way, grow. During your adventures you would recruit soldiers, and all sorts of folks to your part of town.

The used the hospital/orphanage choice as an example, and that is in the game, but it's not like it affects it. It's not like you want to hang out in there or invite people in there to see how your city district looks.

It's wasted potential, but on the other hand it's an MMO and it's not very MMO like to have people hang out in instances. A lot of the desolate cities and maps are always, well, desolate. While other areas are very popular.

I get that, ArenaNet don't want to segregate the community, but I honestly think that some areas could be shared between multiple servers. If you shared unpopulated maps, and capital cities with 4-5 other servers you would see some more people. And there would be more people to play with in the lesser popular maps.

At the same time, Lions Arch, the low level zones, orr, and other maps that are highly played would not be shared, because they wouldnt need to. If people wanna chat, hook up or look at other players they go to LA.

I also think thats a barrier in PvP. it's segregated and away. The thing is that GW2 is such a massive game. And it's only going to grow. a lot of players spend their time exclusively in other instanced parts of the game - WvW, Dungeons, FoTM, Activities and that leaves even less people to keep this massive game populated across all it's maps.

Typically it begins to thin out in certain 25-65 zones. at least on my server. and its high population. even in prime time it can be difficult to find folks. the game is just so big, lol:D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Your post formatting is rather disorienting, lol

I think it's important that story mode dungeons are a bit more difficult than story instances, on the one hand because they are an introduction to the difficulty of dungeons and the need for a team of 5, and on the other hand because they are such good XP. It's a pity that not many people you have seen used them to level or gear up. The majority of the levels I've gained on all three of my characters after around level 50 were from dungeons.

AC Story, while it used to be very punishing, is now quite "friendly" indeed (i.e. faceroll easy with the lone exception of the Cave Troll). I think it's at a very good place for introducing new players to dungeons (harder than the open world, harder than individual story instances, much easier than other dungeon paths).

The personal story instance and large chunks of the personal storyline itself are worthless.

I would support the zone "cross-flows" (or whatever) you're talking about to populate empiter zones. Technically it can't be a simple thing but it would be great to see eventually.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/first#post2990015

WARNING: It's a shitfest after the post Chris made. (expected)

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for their support toward the pioneering work we are doing, as we drive the world of Tyria forward.
The passion, and intelligence that our community devotes to making this game great is both humbling and essential.

Regarding our process in terms of forum usage as a development tool:

The reality is we do read our forums, and others, every single day. If you look over the last year, and cross reference with community feedback you will see many ideas actioned and many more not.

The communication pipeline in most part lacks one very important component. Specifically, ArenaNet having more time to feedback on your ideas, concerns and our own plans.

I am not one for excuses, but I do believe in being black and white. ArenaNet has been extremely busy of late listening to you all, evolving systems, providing ground breaking content, delivering adventures at a near real time pace, and tackling some very exciting problems.

We have, with your support, created a truly unique platform. One which is in its infancy, and one we build with the continued support, and collaboration of the community.

We do need to build out more time to be in dialog with you, specifically, following up on our own investigations of your suggestions and concerns.
We will work harder to achieves this.

We are also trying to forge a truly ‘Living World’. Therefore with your continued support, and patience we can continue to break new ground. Not just with world of Tyria, but with the method by which we build worlds ‘together’.

All of this said, I wanted to make it clear that whilst we avidly read our forums, we pay little, to no, attention to posts that are disrespectful to other members of our community or our development team. Our developers work very hard to listen to the community, and work tirelessly to create content and features that they hope the community will love. Likewise, the constructive members of our community work hard to provide our development team with feedback that abides with our collaborative standards and overall community philosophy of having a productive, welcoming, and friendly culture. This is a true partnership.

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to drive the creation of online worlds forward, thereby creating original, ‘stand-out’ content that pushes the boundaries of what it means to journey through a Living World. Any endeavor on this scale is going to have its challenges, and therefore as a team, we are fully prepared to make mistakes, learn from them, and make even better experiences as we move forward. We see problems not as failures but as opportunities, essentially a necessary part of Tyria’s and our Team’s evolution. It is with this understanding that we work with our community to move forward in the space and truly realize great things.

One key to understanding our philosophy to building worlds is that we don’t give more attention to feedback simply because it is the noisiest, most aggressive, or delivered in the most inflammatory way. We take on board all constructive feedback and actively discuss it, and then make a decision to backlog the item or move forward with it (the development of which can sometimes take longer than some give it credit for). Therefore do not expect feedback to be implemented just because it is something you feel very strongly about. We just don’t develop like that. We instead work with our community to help us navigate these uncharted waters, taking on board all advice and measuring them against the pillars of the Guild Wars 2 and the direction we ultimately want to move in as a whole.

Therefore you have to ask yourself: Is this a journey you want to take? Are you comfortable with expecting the unexpected, and ultimately working together in a positive and productive manner through thick and thin, to pioneer in a space that the team at ArenaNet feel is of huge importance? Many of you are not only comfortable with this paradigm but embrace it, and your contribution, as you know has already shaped Tyria immensely, for which we are extremely grateful and excited about.

Regardless of whether you wish to collaborate in the spirit outlined above or not, I ask that you remain respectful to your fellow man/woman, and be constructive in your approach to the development of the game, and understand Tyria is made up of communities and not individuals.

So thank you all so much for your support, passion and collaboration, and please understand that Arena is an amazing team with an amazing community. And together we build worlds!

Chris W

Jira

It's amazing that even after all the shitfest that is the official forums, that they still care enough to post that and want to communicate more with them. Though honestly I'm glad they came out and said if you're a jackass we won't take your feedback into account.

On compulsion: if you're predisposed it's going to be a problem in any MMORPG ever, because they HAVE to have content for the people that play 10 hours a day. I actually think that a game where you can't (reasonably) do everything can be a healthy therapy to letting some things go (I'm speaking from experience; I had every temporary achievement until Dragon Bash or so). I myself have temporarily stepped away from GW2 for several reasons, and yet, when I come back, unlike most MMOs, I won't be so far behind that I will be either a liability or straight up unable to play with the guild. That's the beauty of this game that we tend to take for granted; once you hit 80, you're always ready, no matter how many months you skip. Not many MMOs, hell, not many "non-massive" multiplayer online games can say that.

On the official forums: I'm not sure why it's those forums that always get the largest share of venom, ungratefulness, entitlement and stupidity; WoW's were like that too. I guess it's a combination of companies not wanting to "censor" people who criticize them (while moderators on a fan-curated forum are usually far less lenient with that nonsense) and angry users wanting to be heard by the developers (while users on a fan forum are usually there for the sense of community). Still, they're invariably noxious.

On GAF itself: is it running like shit today or is it just me?

Levito

Banned
Is there any MMO that has -good- official forms? It always just seems like a collection of people that complain endlessly about the game they supposedly love.

On GAF itself: is it running like shit today or is it just me?

Yes, NBC linked to GAF in an article and it's crashing the servers.

Lunar15

Is there any MMO that has -good- official forms? It always just seems like a collection of people that complain endlessly about the game they supposedly love.

Yes, NBC linked to GAF in an article and it's crashing the servers.

Actually, something tells me it has more to do with the Pokemon thread.

That or the fact that Evillore is making some type of server switch.

Or maybe a horrible combination of all 3.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh it is not just you Weltall. ;) No clue what's going on but dayum.

Level 6 Elf! Got myself a Bolt Ring!
Conceptually, such a forum could exist for a very small-scale MMO- a game with a small but stable population in a symbiotic relationship with the devs- like and indie or cult MMO, I guess, should such a thing ever exist.

Once you cross a certain population threshold, though (and so far all MMOs have, you know, aimed to get as many people as possible to play), you have correctly identified that the answer is no. You can read me expound condescendingly on this topic at length if you so desire. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anybody wanna join me for an Aetherpath run in a little over one hour? Feel like getting one in tonight before some more Dragon's Crown.

Levito

Banned
Conceptually, such a forum could exist for a very small-scale MMO- a game with a small but stable population in a symbiotic relationship with the devs- like and indie or cult MMO, I guess, should such a thing ever exist.

Once you cross a certain population threshold, though (and so far all MMOs have, you know, aimed to get as many people as possible to play), you have correctly identified that the answer is no. You can read me expound condescendingly on this topic at length if you so desire. :p

Will take a look at it, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom