• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

Are there any specific times required to test in the EotM? I only really have time to sit in there on the weekends, so I need to know if I should even bother to put my name in.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't have any info on the timing for when it'll be opened for access or if it will be time of day-limited at all at this point, so it's up to you entirely.

WB Aodh. Good stuff coming.

And miss you too Trey :]

Thanks Hawkian :)

Not to derail the thread... And PM me if you're interested, let's not fill this page up. I recently upgraded my GPU, and now I have a 6870 not being used. Someone should get some use from it. If you want it, will use it and not resell it, and I have seen you in-game... and you will paypal the shipping cost, you can have it. I'd rather a fellow guild member get an upgrade than me store it and not use it.

Back on topic, Saturday night guild missions, can't wait. Been too long. Gimme crab rush!!!

jersoc

I don't even bother with the story in GW2. After the baby's first RPG story from the "personal" story, I just gave up. I just play to get the meta and fat lewts!!

also, any cool GS skins.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't even bother with the story in GW2. After the baby's first RPG story from the "personal" story, I just gave up. I just play to get the meta and fat lewts!!

also, any cool GS skins.

Charr was actually good though at least mine.
Choosing between your dodgy ass father, who still seemed like a nice guy (though he could be planning to screw you over) and the honourable to a fault guard was a tough call

Mxrz

Sheesh. Ehmry and Shiverspeaks must not have any overnight players.

I'd like to beta the new map too, but dont want to take a spot away from a dedicated gaf-guild member if the spots are limited.

Vyrance

Woot! I'm back online now. Updated, didn't play much tonight. I might later on tonight. I haven't played in 2+ weeks, and I already feel like I've missed so much.
Same here man! Just got back from a month away, definitely missed playing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sheesh. Ehmry and Shiverspeaks must not have any overnight players.

I'd like to beta the new map too, but dont want to take a spot away from a dedicated gaf-guild member if the spots are limited.
Don't worry about this yet, at the least- no indication about the number of spots, so apply if interested.

And sorry Teggy :p I didn't see EB or your borderlands last night but NSP's was.... silly
Same here man! Just got back from a month away, definitely missed playing
Wb to you as well!
I don't think it works that way, go ahead and put in for it.
Yeah I mean, I can just put his name at the "bottom" when I submit if he really has this concern. Anyone interested should definitely apply :)

Mxrz

This morning in the labyrinth was probably the most annoying content I've played in either GW. Sheesh. Without a zerg its just pure frustration. The horror basically roams around and murders everything up to small zergs. Stuff respawns super quick. Everything has an immobilize. Geh. Gonna log in and do the GW1 quests instead.

We (Ehmry Bay) are just not that kind of server. The zerg you guys had running in EB home last night was just ridonkulous.

Yeah, honestly I'd be lying if I said I didnt miss when we were in the 10-13 range, too. Seems we either outnumber or get outnumbered lately.

Complistic

I predict an amazing time in the edge of the mists. I'm also thrilled we're on anet's guild test team. That can only mean good things in the future. I've signed up (and pm'd you hawk) on the guild website.

jersoc

Jersoc is hitler.

literally hitler.

I predict an amazing time in the edge of the mists. I'm also thrilled we're on anet's guild test team. That can only mean good things in the future. I've signed up (and pm'd you hawk) on the guild website.

this actually sounds like one of the smartest things anet has done in some time. I like that the sides of the maps will be different and it takes above the main wvw maps. Plus the idea that you Q into it instead of waiting around is great.

Mxrz

Ranger is now 80. One more class to level and I'll finally be done with the Guild Wars 2 tutorial. I look forward to playing the real game.

#&%! Sylvari T3 medium cultural is too hard to resist. But damn, 120g for a full set and then transmutating is rough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lthis actually sounds like one of the smartest things anet has done in some time. I like that the sides of the maps will be different and it takes above the main wvw maps. Plus the idea that you Q into it instead of waiting around is great.
I'm psyched. Based on some of the obejctives they've described in there so far, I can totally envision myself finding my favorite one and setting up shop there on regular basis, daring people to come fuck with it. Could be my place to hang out not just while queued for a main map, but any time I'm deciding what to do next. The fact that it may help alleviate the primary queues but can never have a queue itself is just great.
#&%! Sylvari T3 medium cultural is too hard to resist. But damn, 120g for a full set and then transmutating is rough.
Yeah, all the T3 culturals are pretty damn enticing and so rough to acquire. They have been a really important fixed gold sink since launch.

Shiokazu

i wanted to try WvW... but being in northern shiverpeaks dont help. we dont have commanders that work well, out TS is nor well organized... last time i went in was boring, its also bad to be roaming alone.

turns out i spend 30 minutes being a guardian of some random spot. not to be bothered by anything, not ever seeing anyone...

it was like being at lornar's pass at around 1pm

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How long until Guild Missions?
I don't know if I can arrive on time for them
Starting out in roughly 90 minutes yep. When do you think you'll be showing up? I wouldn't mind starting out with rush, which would give you the most time.

I dunno if it was on any of your radars, but has anybody tried the game FORCED? It's like a 4-player local or online coop arena RPG. I've only played a little bit so far but it seems really well-done and fun, but I'm sure it really shines in co-op. The levels scale up and everything. I made an OT if you want to check it out or give a bump. If anybody has it and wants to play I'm Hawkian on steam.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Awesome. Dunno the last time I was in for an SBI kill before reset.

Starting missions imminently. We'll start with a rush. :)

Lunar15

Seems to always be some sort of deal, which I suppose is A-net's or NcSofts marketing dep good work lol. They also seem to have Gafs advertising on lockdown since I see GW2 advertisements more than anything else.

That's probably because it's done through google ads, which filter based on what content you're looking at. If you go to the GW2 thread a lot, you're going to see GW2 ads.

And yes, the help the Quaggan ad is really bad.

docbon

Thought I could salvage some sentinel light armor that my necro wasn't using to get the exotic insignias. I thought wrong.

Also my personal quartz node seems to have vanished entirely.

:(

Arkanius

Starting out in roughly 90 minutes yep. When do you think you'll be showing up? I wouldn't mind starting out with rush, which would give you the most time.

I dunno if it was on any of your radars, but has anybody tried the game FORCED? It's like a 4-player local or online coop arena RPG. I've only played a little bit so far but it seems really well-done and fun, but I'm sure it really shines in co-op. The levels scale up and everything. I made an OT if you want to check it out or give a bump. If anybody has it and wants to play I'm Hawkian on steam.

Just arrived home.
Girlfriend aggro on weekends, University on weekdays.

I'm fucked, help, I need my Guild Commendations

Good news is: The hour changed here, and since it went back one hour, I can now do Taco kills around 1 AM instead of 2 AM

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That's probably because it's done through google ads, which filter based on what content you're looking at. If you go to the GW2 thread a lot, you're going to see GW2 ads.

And yes, the help the Quaggan ad is really bad.

Probably still I saw it fair bit before I even started visiting the thread or practically any to do with GW2 at all

Hzoltan69

Just arrived home.
Girlfriend aggro on weekends, University on weekdays.

I'm fucked, help, I need my Guild Commendations

Good news is: The hour changed here, and since it went back one hour, I can now do Taco kills around 1 AM instead of 2 AM

We are in the same time zone, apparently.

I also missed out on guild missions, because I just couldn't stay up that long. I was fighting Jormag sometime before reset and kept falling asleep and waking up to find my character either running off the plateau, or charging Jormag head-on and dying. I hope no one was watching, I probably looked like a total idiot. :)

Arkanius

We are in the same time zone, apparently.

I also missed out on guild missions, because I just couldn't stay up that long. I was fighting Jormag sometime before reset and kept falling asleep and waking up to find my character either running off the plateau, or charging Jormag head-on and dying. I hope no one was watching, I probably looked like a total idiot. :)

Hahaha
That happened to me once when I was doing Path 4 Arah (The only time I finished it)
I kept going a sleep against Dwayna and didnt understand why she was always full health. Apparently, neither did my party

I started playing again and now Im a lvl 10 Necro. I dont think I know what I am doing. Any recommended guides? Also is swapping weapons something you are supposed to actively doing while fighting?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started playing again and now Im a lvl 10 Necro. I dont think I know what I am doing. Any recommended guides? Also is swapping weapons something you are supposed to actively doing while fighting?
I don't know Necros yet so I can't offer much help there. I'm sure you will be able to get someone to point you in the right direction in you want a guide. For many classes though, actively swapping weapons is very important. Are you interested in joining the gaf guild by the way?

Huhhh, word? This would be dumb, but did you try checking a different home instance? Like walk your character to the entrance to Salma or whichever other race's version and see if it's there?

I don't know Necros yet so I can't offer much help there. I'm sure you will be able to get someone to point you in the right direction in you want a guide. For many classes though, actively swapping weapons is very important. Are you interested in joining the gaf guild by the way?

Thanks. I am intereted in joing the guild, but Im a complete noob so I dont know how I can contribute.

Taffer

Thought I could salvage some sentinel light armor that my necro wasn't using to get the exotic insignias. I thought wrong.

I freaked out when this happened to me the other day and then decided it was probably because I was in a personal story instance rather than my home instance. I haven't bothered to go back and check since though.

Thanks. I am intereted in joing the guild, but Im a complete noob so I dont know how I can contribute.

Contri-what? Is that a thing people do? There's no requirements, if you don't have anyone to play with just post your account or character name and someone will shoot you an invite.

Mxrz

Why didn't I roll a Sylvari thief that I could dress like this instead of spending so much gold to look so nice on a class that I'm not all that thrilled with outside of spvp, where i cant use the armor anyway. WTB Class change gem.

(Not that they're completely awful or anything. Just trying to find a good stat setup between pve & wvw, with the added element of the pet thrown in is giving me a headache.)

Arkanius

No Guild Mission makeups today?
I have to go to bed in 2-3 hours, I guess I wont manage the guild commendations I'm missing this week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Contri-what? Is that a thing people do? There's no requirements, if you don't have anyone to play with just post your account or character name and someone will shoot you an invite.
You're required to donate 1 precursor/week :)
No Guild Mission makeups today?
I have to go to bed in 2-3 hours, I guess I wont manage the guild commendations I'm missing this week.
Damn... I straight up slept through the makeup time today. My dog woke me up really early and then I took a nap around 12. If you're still on now I'm hopping on to try to get things going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom