• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

You're required to donate 1 precursor/week :)

Damn... I straight up slept through the makeup time today. My dog woke me up really early and then I took a nap around 12. If you're still on now I'm hopping on to try to get things going.

I just logged off
BUT I CAN LOGIN AGAIN
THERE IS STILL HOPE

Contri-what? Is that a thing people do? There's no requirements, if you don't have anyone to play with just post your account or character name and someone will shoot you an invite.
Wait, I've been depositing 1 gold every couple weeks into the guild bank for nothing??? I distinctly remember Jira's edict declaring weekly 75 silver deposits when missions first came out.

We should have enough gold by now for another European transfer if needed

Retro

Why didn't I roll a Sylvari thief that I could dress like this instead of spending so much gold to look so nice on a class that I'm not all that thrilled with outside of spvp, where i cant use the armor anyway.

Maybe it's not loading, but was there an image you're referring to? Because I have a Sylvari Thief and I'm always looking for new looks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For what it's worth I was on around the usual time and asked and nobody spoke up that they needed em! :(
Oh good!

I feel better then. Thought I screwed that up.

Remember people, 3PM Eastern is the actual time for sunday All-range-Mode mission makups.
Wait, I've been depositing 1 gold every couple weeks into the guild bank for nothing??? I distinctly remember Jira's edict declaring weekly 75 silver deposits when missions first came out.

We should have enough gold by now for another European transfer if needed
You are highly excellent.

Deques

Finally bought GW2. I played quite a lot GW, but I got the chance to the try the second game. I hope I won't regret buying it :)

Finally bought GW2. I played quite a lot GW, but I got the chance to the try the second game. I hope I won't regret buying it :)
I don't think you will. I had 3000+ hours in GW1 and loved every minute of it. Same thing is happening to me with GW2, it is all I play since it came out. The two week updates are awesome addition that wasn't in GW1.

GAFGuild is playing in Stormbluff Isle server (NA server), post your account name if you want to join the guild (another reason why I play this game everyday).

Deques

I don't think you will. I had 3000+ hours in GW1 and loved every minute of it. Same thing is happening to me with GW2, it is all I play since it came out. The two week updates are awesome addition that wasn't in GW1.

GAFGuild is playing in Stormbluff Isle server (NA server), post your account name if you want to join the guild (another reason why I play this game everyday).

Will I be able to switch back and forth between NA and EU servers?

Will I be able to switch back and forth between NA and EU servers?

Your account can only exist on NA or EU. You can guest between servers in NA freely but you can't guest to EU and vice-versa.

You are able to transfer your whole account to another region for a fee.

Guild chat works cross region but we won't be able to play together.

We have many EU players that play in our NA server and they are happy with it and do not notice any increased lag.

Since you just bought he game if you are in EU and want to come to NA you can do it for free by deleting all your characters and rerolling to NA server.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just wanted to make a last call for any guildies interested in helping test the Edge of the Mists.

If you've read and agree to the basic conduct guidelines please apply in this thread on GAFGuild.com. You may PM me any details you don't wish to post but please at least make a post in that thread for records.

I will be submitting the roster this afternoon, so please get in ASAP if you are interested. Thanks!

Mxrz

Its a different game. Originally I wanted a better looking GW, but GW2 is its own thing. I love 'em both. But it can take some getting use to.

Maybe it's not loading, but was there an image you're referring to? Because I have a Sylvari Thief and I'm always looking for new looks.
Oops, didnt think to post a pic. Its some T3 cultural, thief hood, etc.
d0ld0Isl.jpg
SxGSYMVl.jpg
Sometimes it looks a little too glossy depending on the area and lighting. Most of the time i love it, especially when the Sylvari glow comes on. Spent more than I'd like on trans-crystals for the armor & hood, but meh. I can be the prettiest plant-elf-Bastila around.

Vyrance

Just wanted to make a last call for any guildies interested in helping test the Edge of the Mists.

If you've read and agree to the basic conduct guidelines please apply in this thread on GAFGuild.com. You may PM me any details you don't wish to post but please at least make a post in that thread for records.

I will be submitting the roster this afternoon, so please get in ASAP if you are interested. Thanks!
Damn im at work and wont be home til 4, I want in though hawk!

Retro

tumblr_m7fj2yls041ryy2wpna.gif

I think we can safely ignore the repeated attempts at trolling by someone who tried (and succeeded, you'll note) to get a refund for the game three months after launch.

Sometimes it looks a little too glossy depending on the area and lighting. Most of the time i love it, especially when the Sylvari glow comes on. Spent more than I'd like on trans-crystals for the armor & hood, but meh. I can be the prettiest plant-elf-Bastila around.

I think the Medium T3 Cultural looks the best of the Sylvari stuff, probably because it's what Caithe wears so they wanted to make it look snazzy. I don't have any of it on my thief, but I'm still putting together her current outfit (need to just hunker down and run some CM sometime). Just need the boots:

When I get tired of the trench coat look, I'll probably switch. That'll give me time to build up some money for it anyways... though I wonder if I could mix and match my favorite pieces from Cultural and TA. I bet it all meshes nicely.

Edit: Just realized that's an older picture of my thief, I added some red to it so it's not entirely black. The metallic bits on the CM armor really stand out in-game though, much more than they do at character select.

Mxrz

What do you guys do with T5 'fine' materials like fangs, dust, bone, and the like? My mule guild stash is filled up with the stuff. They're only worth 1-2g per stack, but I'm running out of room.

Complistic

What do you guys do with T5 'fine' materials like fangs, dust, bone, and the like? My mule guild stash is filled up with the stuff. They're only worth 1-2g per stack, but I'm running out of room.

Just sell them. Or level some crafting you haven't already done.

Retro

The Fervid Censer really ties that whole outfit together. Is it the lighting or is your skin colored to match? It looks really good.

I tried rolling a Sylvari Necro a few weeks ago, and the male run animations just don't click with me for some reason. I think it's the way they sort of flail their arms. Of course, the class doesn't really click with me either, but I wanted to try. Maybe I'll take a stab at it again in the future.

I like my Sylvari Thief, but I think she might be my only plant person for a while. If they add another light armor profession, maybe... but I have a feeling the next thing they add will be heavy armor, and I want that to be a Charr.

Complistic

The Fervid Censer really ties that whole outfit together. Is it the lighting or is your skin colored to match? It looks really good.

I tried rolling a Sylvari Necro a few weeks ago, and the male run animations just don't click with me for some reason. I think it's the way they sort of flail their arms. Of course, the class doesn't really click with me either, but I wanted to try. Maybe I'll take a stab at it again in the future.

I like my Sylvari Thief, but I think she might be my only plant person for a while. If they add another light armor profession, maybe... but I have a feeling the next thing they add will be heavy armor, and I want that to be a Charr.

the armor dye matches my skin yeah, the censer isn't 100% match but it looks nice with it. and i wasn't a fan of the male sylvari animations either. They do look better in planty armor though.

Update tomorrow!

Rumors say that we will not be able to get inside the tower this update!

2013-10-28 17:39:13 UTC
Due to unforseen circumstances, there will not be a developer livestream today. ~RB2
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted to see if the rumor was true.

So, Hawkian and the others in the group I bailed on last night, I am sorry. Something needed my immediate and full attention and I had to log. I hope you were able to get a replacement for the group and you weren't put out to much.

Shiokazu

i just need some moletariate stuff to buy the SE armor. im on it just for the stats, the looks are going to be Norn T3.

i already got the chest, the legs and the shoulders, just need the other 3 pieces AND some gems...

not to forget i need the moletariate stuff from the dungeon, DAMN.

Taffer

i just need some moletariate stuff to buy the SE armor. im on it just for the stats, the looks are going to be Norn T3.

i already got the chest, the legs and the shoulders, just need the other 3 pieces AND some gems...

What prefix are you going for? If you don't care about the looks there's other ways to get them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Level_80_exotic_equipment

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn im at work and wont be home til 4, I want in though hawk!
Wait, uh, are you not able to post your stuff in the thread?
Oh god hawk I'm not home to give you my real account name

Please take it from in game
Waiiit do you mean what you posted was just a fake assortment of numbers?
So, Hawkian and the others in the group I bailed on last night, I am sorry. Something needed my immediate and full attention and I had to log. I hope you were able to get a replacement for the group and you weren't put out to much.
No biggie, we got Kos to come almost immediately. Had a nice lulzy run with Venthus not on mumble so that we could make fun of him.

As taffer notes, if all you want is the stats you don't need to limit yourself to getting them from the one dungeon.

Ashodin

Wait, uh, are you not able to post your stuff in the thread?

Waiiit do you mean what you posted was just a fake assortment of numbers?

No biggie, we got Kos to come almost immediately. Had a nice lulzy run with Venthus not on mumble so that we could make fun of him.

As taffer notes, if all you want is the stats you don't need to limit yourself to getting them from the one dungeon.
Yeah I'm in Minnesota, going back tonight

Taffer

im doing carrion or dire, if i get armor to be carrior, trinkets will be dire(ish).

If you check the TP for carrion gear it goes for about 3+ gold each (carrion used to be dirt cheap when Orr farming was a thing because of all the bones floating around), instead have a look for Ogden's (light), Shiro's (medium) or Brutus's or Sheena's (heavy). People list named exotics at less than the crafted equivalents, those go for about 1.5G a piece.

Hawkian I pulled Ash's account name from the roster and PM'd it to you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you check the TP for carrion gear it goes for about 3+ gold each (carrion used to be dirt cheap when Orr farming was a thing because of all the bones floating around), instead have a look for Ogden's (light), Shiro's (medium) or Brutus's or Sheena's (heavy). People list named exotics at less than the crafted equivalents, those go for about 1.5G a piece.

You're the best, wasn't gonna be able to log in for a bit now

I am sending off the roster in 10 minutes. Make lots of noise and post immediately if you don't want to miss your chance.

Shiokazu

you, sir. you are awesome.

Screenshot%202013-10-28%2020.05.40.png

my humble thanks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't see why there wouldn't. I was actually worried for a moment that we wouldn't have enough to really warrant getting in.
Well... in theory there wouldn't simply because they mentioned that space per guild might be limited but didn't give any indication of how many spots were available. I don't think there's much of a concern on the other side at all; "our guild," whatever that entails for these purposes was already accepted before the roster submission. For all I know they are inviting some much smaller guilds to participate as well to be able to get their input.

Well... in theory there wouldn't simply because they mentioned that space per guild might be limited but didn't give any indication of how many spots were available. I don't think there's much of a concern on the other side at all; "our guild," whatever that entails for these purposes was already accepted before the roster submission. For all I know they are inviting some much smaller guilds to participate as well to be able to get their input.

I didn't mean to insinuate we wouldn't be let in because as you said we were already accepted. More like we wouldn't have enough to field a decent segment of testers, making us less likely to be included in future stuff.

I figure despite the total roster we have, the amount of active players is relatively small compared to a lot of guilds that got invites but of course there's no way to really tell.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Of course. There isn't anything stopping people in our guild who are also members of another guild that got an invite from enrolling with them instead, either. Was just trying to express some optimism about everybody who wanted to getting the chance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom