• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

I'm one of those rare people that didn't do the two returning dungeons when they first released despite having access. I'll talk about Molten Facility when I do it more than just once but for now it seems like a quick romp. Haven't done Aetherblade Retreat yet.

They're shorter and a lot easier.

Its a little bit of a shame. Those two dungeons are probably better than a lot fo the standard ones we have.This is sort of an issue with GW2's limited time content. Just feels like a waste to not make some of it permanent.

This is my only real problem with the game as a whole. I feel like I can never get caught up with the progress because it changes so rapidly.

Like right now, I'm still really set on 100% world completion before anything else. So I've been missing basically all the living world stuff. Not to mention I can't devote nearly enough time to the game.

I guess I think it sucks if you really want a backpack reward and it's only there for a month, and you just don't got time. That's how it was for me with Super Adventure Box. Just didn't have time, and second coming of it (back to school update) I strangely didn't have time again, but did try it for a bit. Didn't found it particularly fun.

I think it's wrong to get stressed out of stuff like this. See the living world as refreshments for people who play 10x what you do. Those guys who have 5 lvl 80s(or more!) and several legendaries. Those people can't get enough of new content. the rest of us, just have to scrap by.

I can appreciate seeing the world and everyone in it becoming more unique! I have a few backpacks from the first halloween event, and I dont use them, but im glad I have them. their uniqueness of only having been from that event make them more special than regular items.

for something to be significant, there must be a off setting. otherwise everything looses it's meaning. you can't have the one without the other. So while I agree with you, I also disagree with you. In fact I think this is a good carrot on a stick.

there is also something to be said of what it is. If we really think about it, the vast majority of content comes back. through this year a lot of it has been holidays. did you miss dragon fest? halloween? xmas? - All those are coming back.

Did you miss the dungeons like molten and aetherblade? coming back.

What you miss, is more the story. and it seems that you havent missed that much, as not even Anet(?) seems to be fans of this scarlett arc. At the same time, they will hopefully tell a more permanence story that allows people to catch up on a more cohesive package. their new trailer with their new cinematic style gives hope of this happening, I think!

leng jai

The gold reward for Fractals is also messed up. Doing a level 30 run gives you the equivalent of what you can get from a 10 minute CoF run. The monetary reward should increase depending on what level you're doing. Why is it so hard for these guys to scale things properly?

Arcteryx

The gold reward for Fractals is also messed up. Doing a level 30 run gives you the equivalent of what you can get from a 10 minute CoF run. The monetary reward should increase depending on what level you're doing. Why is it so hard for these guys to scale things properly?

Even with a good group and the shortest fractals...you're still looking at 45-60 mins.

And people wonder why everyone champ farms :(

Retro

Its a little bit of a shame. Those two dungeons are probably better than a lot fo the standard ones we have.This is sort of an issue with GW2's limited time content. Just feels like a waste to not make some of it permanent.

Yeah, but now they are permanent, so...how is it still an issue? I mean, apart from these two instances, what chunk of content has been lost forever? Stuff like the Bazaar will likely be back next year, and though I dunno what their plans for the Nightmare Tower are, I'm sure we'll see something like it return. Other than those, the only thing I can think of is the Mad King's realm, which wasn't terribly long or interesting (though for nostalgia's sake I hope it comes back eventually). Everything else was a mini-game/activity.

Oh, SAB, but I'm guessing the overwhelmingly negative response killed that, maybe even forever. We'll have to wait until April and see if it returns.

Yeah, the whole temporary nature of the Living Story has it's downsides, but I'd rather get big new things to do than do the same things over and over and over again while we wait a year or two for an expansion.

I guess we could have a long discussion on how MMOs are supposed to be big, persistent worlds that are always changing, but somehow everyone wants every drop of content to remain available. I always thought the real promise of an MMO was inhabiting an ever-changing world with other players who affect the course of the game. That seemed like the goal of stuff like Ultima Online, but somewhere along the line (say, 2004, early 2005, perhaps?) it turned into a theme park with rides. Don't get me wrong, GW2 is still a theme park MMO at heart, but they're trying to do something nobody else has done at this scale too.

/shrug

Proven

They quadrupled the amount of people on, based on something posted in the WvW forums. I got put into an overflow with almost no one else on, decided to take a break, then found out the next volume of a book series was out and started reading on iBooks. Oops.

Mxrz

Yeah, but now they are permanent, so...how is it still an issue? I mean, apart from these two instances, what chunk of content has been lost forever?

The fractal versions seem a bit smaller than the full ones. Although I guess its mostly a lot of filler fights that were cut.

Yeah. I'd much rather do Fractals that my usual dungeon rounds, but the gold reward means i need to squeeze them in from time to time. But then I snagged an ascended ring, too. So that's like 35 laurels saved somewhere.

Surprisingly I got into an Arah story PUG in less than a minute on a late night. Very nice group, had a ranger, no one cared. Something I didn't appreciate with my other characters was that the hair actually blows with the breeze on the airship stage. Neat.

iDsyTYzOSyOJO.png

Now I can start on that empty fifth character slot.
Edit: man I wish there was an option to use military time in the chat box; it would save some space.

GLopez12

Neo Member

I complained about this on the official forums, too. ArenaNet still has no idea how to make content rewarding.

markot

Banned
Remember how everyone smart said 'wvw xp shouldnt be character bound' when it was announced?

>.< At least they realised.

Blood lust still exists though...

Well, this was a pretty terrible way to handle the drama over the new light skin:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive/page/11#post3275237

Hey, everyone. We&#8217;ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

* We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
* Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
* We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
* Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

Screw over customers who have paid you in favour of vocal forum whiners who haven't. Really ArenaNet? I'm lucky I guess that I didn't impulse buy the set on the first day or else I'd be livid.

Buyer beware on the Gem store. I guess in future I'll hold off buying things until I find out whether or not asshats on the forums think it's OK that I should have them.

So not impressed.

Edit - more threads here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Flamekissed/first#post3276756

Hedge

Buyer beware on the Gem store. I guess in future I'll hold off buying things until I find out whether or not asshats on the forums think it's OK that I should have them.

So not impressed.

Did.. you read the post you quoted yourself? If you don't like the new art, you'll get a refund. How is there a better way to deal with it?

Did.. you read the post you quoted yourself? If you don't like the new art, you'll get a refund. How is there a better way to deal with it?

Do you have no concept of consumers' right?

Because something I've bought has been removed without asking, and I have to go though some irritating customer service routine to get my refund?

Quite apart from that it ignores things like:

1) People who bought gems to buy the set - can we get our money back? No?
2) People who bought/crafted items to put the skin onto.
3) The fact that people who paid for the set liked it.

It's a terrible solution.

It's one thing to remove the set from the store, it's quite another to bait-and-switch customers who've already bought it.

The least worst solution would have been to remove it from the store and leave it as is for people who have bought it.

Hedge

Do you have no concept of consumers' right?

Because something I've bought has been removed without asking, and I have to go though some irritating customer service routine to get my refund?

Quite apart from that it ignores things like:

1) People who bought gems to buy the set - can we get our money back? No?
2) People who bought/crafted items to put the skin onto.
3) The fact that people who paid for the set liked it.

It's a terrible solution.

It's one thing to remove the set from the store, it's quite another to bait-and-switch customers who've already bought it.

The least worst solution would have been to remove it from the store and leave it as is for people who have bought it.

Of course I have a notion of consumer's rights. However, since you can get a full refund - which to me implies your money back from the gems too - there is no "poor consumer" here. There is no "bait-and-switch". I have seen them refund money hundreds of times for less.
Yes, customer support is annoying, but it's better than releasing a product that completely nullifies the idea of cultural armor.
Now you may moan however much you like. Untill you tell me you can't get your money back, I see no problem.

Well, this was a pretty terrible way to handle the drama over the new light skin:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive/page/11#post3275237

Screw over customers who have paid you in favour of vocal forum whiners who haven't. Really ArenaNet? I'm lucky I guess that I didn't impulse buy the set on the first day or else I'd be livid.

So not impressed.

Edit - more threads here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/Flamekissed/first#post3276756

It's cumbersome to go through CC, but surely you'll manage? They will probably(hopefully) learn from their mistakes on this one.

I agree that it's bad to sell something based of on T3. It took me a long time to accumilate gold for my T3. I see it as a major milestone in itself. Technical issues possible as well? Maybe they were unable to give gems back to players and remove the itmes?

Arcteryx

Of course I have a notion of consumer's rights. However, since you can get a full refund - which to me implies your money back from the gems too - there is no "poor consumer" here. There is no "bait-and-switch". I have seen them refund money hundreds of times for less.
Yes, customer support is annoying, but it's better than releasing a product that completely nullifies the idea of cultural armor.
Now you may moan however much you like. Untill you tell me you can't get your money back, I see no problem.

They never said anything about people who already used the set though. It's nice and all if you didn't use it or you plan on using whatever skin they change it to, but if you already applied it... Sure, you can get a gem refund, but are they going to hand out transmutation splitters too? or do you get to spend your gems on buying splitters, thus losing money?

Stupid situation that could have been COMPLETELY avoided if they had used common sense beforehand.

Hedge

They never said anything about people who already used the set though. It's nice and all if you didn't use it or you plan on using whatever skin they change it to, but if you already applied it... Sure, you can get a gem refund, but are they going to hand out transmutation splitters too? or do you get to spend your gems on buying splitters, thus losing money?

Stupid situation that could have been COMPLETELY avoided if they had used common sense beforehand.

I agree, it is a stupid situation. But they aren't exactly know for the opposite. It's the same situation as changing the dye channels on the cultural sylvari armor, and people feeling cheated because it's now not the same armor as when they bought it. Then they change it back, and the ones who bought it in the meantime for the new glow moan about it. Some situations you can't come out the winner.
However, I was under the impression that they would be issuing transmutation splitters to those seeking a refund.
But that's because most of my news come from Reddit, and it's hard to discern what is hear-say and what is official.

I too must question what went through their mind as they decided to release a re-skin of some of the most prestigious armor in the game in the cash shop. It just screams quick profit to me. I don't mind the cash shop much, but that - to me - is crossing the line.

Levito

Banned
I think it's wrong to get stressed out of stuff like this. See the living world as refreshments for people who play 10x what you do. Those guys who have 5 lvl 80s(or more!) and several legendaries. Those people can't get enough of new content. the rest of us, just have to scrap by.

That's a fair enough point, I suppose it's just like the raiding scene in WoW in that regard.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
While you talk about issues with that bad tasting but ultimately removed skin.

Account bound WvW XP Baby! I knew it was inevitable but it gives me so much more freedom to play the characters I want to when I want to. The one thing I really like this game for is to remove a lot the needless grind the playerbase would otherwise have to involve themselves in with most other games.

Hedge

While you talk about issues with that bad tasting but ultimately removed skin.

Account bound WvW XP Baby! I knew it was inevitable but it gives me so much more freedom to play the characters I want to when I want to. The one thing I really like this game for is to remove a lot the needless grind the playerbase would otherwise have to involve themselves in with most other games.

Oh yes, account bound WXP and Fractal levels make me truly happy. <3

hythloday

On behalf of GAFguild, just wanted to wish everyone out there a very happy Thanksgiving. :)

and a happy Thanksgivukkah as well!

Thanksgiving in our house is rescheduled to tomorrow due to the unexpected week outta town. I am craving mashed potatoes and gravy SO FUCKING BAD right now. come on calendar be tomorrow already GOSH

Aim_Ed

Just wanted to say happy thanksgiving to the Guild Wars 2 community here. I recently started playing again and thought it would be a good idea to get involved in your community here. :)

Ashodin

On behalf of GAFguild, just wanted to wish everyone out there a very happy Thanksgiving. :)

Trolls and haters are all 'long the thread
with vitriol and malice 'ever they tread
"A gem shop item this is not cool!" they said.
Those that just enjoyed the game shook their heads.
"ArenaNet is full of incompetence and stupidity!"
While they themselves spoke with such enmity.
"It's thanks to them we have a good game at all,"
Pleaded the hawk, perched happily atop the wall.
"I do not care, I want what I want and know else not!"
Spoke the hateful, spiteful masses with drool and snot.
Pleaded the ash, "Listen to reason, please, my friends,
Our time together is worth more than these ends.
For the community and camaraderie is worth most,
And without our solidarity we surely would be toast.
On this night we should celebrate not shops or skins,
But the fact that our lives exist and the world still spins.
The web of tubes that give us the ability to talk,
with those who are far and to which we cannot walk.
Thankful to meet each other, though fully Tyria'd,
From all strides of life and beliefs varied and myriad.

A guardian here, a ranger there, the mesmers and elementalists wave their hand,
the warriors, thieves, necromancers, and engineers make their stand.

We have so much to do, friends, so much more to see,
For I am thankful to be able to adventure with you, most truly.

Trolls and haters are all 'long the thread
with vitriol and malice 'ever they tread
"A gem shop item this is not cool!" they said.
Those that just enjoyed the game shook their heads.
"ArenaNet is full of incompetence and stupidity!"
While they themselves spoke with such enmity.
"It's thanks to them we have a good game at all,"
Pleaded the hawk, perched happily atop the wall.
"I do not care, I want what I want and know else not!"
Spoke the hateful, spiteful masses with drool and snot.
Pleaded the ash, "Listen to reason, please, my friends,
Our time together is worth more than these ends.
For the community and camaraderie is worth most,
And without our solidarity we surely would be toast.
On this night we should celebrate not shops or skins,
But the fact that our lives exist and the world still spins.
The web of tubes that give us the ability to talk,
with those who are far and to which we cannot walk.
Thankful to meet each other, though fully Tyria'd,
From all strides of life and beliefs varied and myriad.

A guardian here, a ranger there, the mesmers and elementalists wave their hand,
the warriors, thieves, necromancers, and engineers make their stand.

We have so much to do, friends, so much more to see,
For I am thankful to be able to adventure with you, most truly.

We don't even celebrate Thanksgiving here but I still thought this was awesome. Thanks Ashodin. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ash gets snaps from me. stay hep daddy-o
Just wanted to say happy thanksgiving to the Guild Wars 2 community here. I recently started playing again and thought it would be a good idea to get involved in your community here. :)
Welcome!

Are you a part of the guild and if not would you like to be?

Complistic

I spent longer than I care to admit to get the right dye. Because the dye color and brightness effects the glow color of the armor. Thanks though :)

Yeah - that is pretty great.

jersoc

so since the new bg tests have been while im at work. how is it? does it do a fairly good job of breaking zergs up and focusing on smaller groups? is there more to do than just fight a door every so often?

Hedge

I spent longer than I care to admit to get the right dye. Because the dye color and brightness effects the glow color of the armor. Thanks though :)

I thought they removed the added brightness on sylvari armors? Because people were outraged it changed their dye-scheme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom