• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

Greetings from the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Somerset, if anyone is curious and/or stalking me), where it's currently trying to decide whether it wants to snow or rain. Weather permitting, we should be home around 4 or 5pm Eastern.

Cya soon, GafGuild.

Making the drive tomorrow through that area to reach my parents place. Terrified. Be safe man.

Matrix+-+Not+Like+This.gif

xeris

Greetings from the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Somerset, if anyone is curious and/or stalking me), where it's currently trying to decide whether it wants to snow or rain. Weather permitting, we should be home around 4 or 5pm Eastern.

Cya soon, GafGuild.

Drive safe. Although since I'm stalking you I already knew where you were. Should you be driving with one hand in that kind of weather? And did you really order THAT for lunch? By the way, you should stop for gas soon. You won't make it the rest of the way on what you have left.

Jira

Cya soon, GafGuild.

Retro...I don't know if you know this or not...but Tiy said BETA is likely coming on December 4th. Get your goodbyes in order everyone because Retro will be leaving for some time.

Retro...I don't know if you know this or not...but Tiy said BETA is likely coming on December 4th. Get your goodbyes in order everyone because Retro will be leaving for some time.

What, what what?

Why?

Noooo...Retro, Meg. What's going on? Everything ok?

Jira

link isn't working. what is it.

It got put up too early. Essentially it's a site where if you submit a video in a public place of you saying a bunch of stuff (like a pledge to GW2) you'll get a copy for free. I think it's like if you say you'll quit your MMO and come over to GW2, you get the game for free. (5,000 limit)

Cya soon, GafGuild.

I hate western PA weather.

swnny

I don't want to do a total copy paste dump. Some balance changes got put in too.

Mostly for the engineer. Also, another ele trait bites the dust... now there are exactly 3 traits in the water line that are worth getting, 2 of them a must have in this condi meta...

Everything else are just updated skill and trait facts... The 10th December balance patch better be worth it.

Oh, and there is a LivingWorld meta-achievement for the fractals as well, so much for a release without these.:)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
On my T1 server commanders typically drop trays of Omnomberry Compote, Rare Veggie Pizza, and most importantly Lemongrass Poultry soup. The latter is key against necro-heavy blobs (though I personally take the Omnomberry on my warrior).

What rank, because SFR while not the best in a lot of things (e.g scouting and sieging zergs), it does have the best open field, and general blob commanders in Europe. And they never bother with Rare veggie etc, because well it's so class specific and easily countered, because guardians are the most likely class you'll have in excess of in a zerg (that and warriors). Necro can also counter it pretty hard.

Edit misunderstood.

Proven

Caught my eye: Unshakable creatures will no longer receive more than 5 stacks of the defiance boon in the fractals.

GvG Arena in (for some reason I thought that was coming in the patch after).

The actual balance changes are minor things. Most of it was tooltip updates and bug fixes.
What rank, because SFR while not the best in a lot of things (e.g scouting and sieging zergs), it does have the best open field, and general blob commanders in Europe. And they never bother with Rare veggie etc, because well it's so class specific and easily countered, because guardians are the most likely class you'll have in excess of in a zerg (that and warriors). Necro can also counter it pretty hard.

Wait.. why do you use it against a necro heavy blob, that makes zero sense what so ever. You do realise necro's are one of few classes that eat conditions for breakfast they have well of power aoe turns conditions to boons, they have feast,they can transfer conditions from allies to self. Necro's and guardians are the foods worst nightmare

That tactic makes no sense what so ever. Why? just why?
Lemongrass is the food that reduces condition duration by -40%.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Caught my eye: Unshakable creatures will no longer receive more than 5 stacks of the defiance boon in the fractals.

GvG Arena in (for some reason I thought that was coming in the patch after).

The actual balance changes are minor things. Most of it was tooltip updates and bug fixes.

Lemongrass is the food that reduces condition duration by -40%.

ahh that I can understand

Still condition removal is ample in a zerg I personally go with the 1000 health

markot

Banned
You know what else sucks?

Why do they have condition caps in pve for bleed and the like? Why limit the damage of condition specs? They don't limit burst damage for hard hitting specs....

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You know what else sucks?

Why do they have condition caps in pve for bleed and the like? Why limit the damage of condition specs? They don't limit burst damage for hard hitting specs....

What caps, there 's a stack cap, that's not the same as a condition damage cap which is the same as burst damage. (not really the same there just isn't really a cap)

Moondrop

Banned
While condition removal is indeed ample, in NA it's not like it once was when every other heavy sported shouts and Soldier runes. That mass of red circles our heroes must kite aren't full of lava fonts; they're necro well bombs. The best counter for warriors is Melandru runes and lemongrass.

As to the veggie pizza, it is a very viable choice for most backliners: condimancers, staff eles, condi mesmers, condi engies, and bleeding thieves. Heavies of course should pick one of the other two.

I feel like there's an eighth class in the game I'm forgetting... Someone PM me if they can remember. :p

Anyway, I finally started using a hammer in blob vs. blob. I get it, but I don't love it. And I don't want to surrender my mace. The hard parts now are picking my Defense traits and learning when to swap weapons.

Arcteryx

Sooooo after doing the Fractal SM and 30 (again yay)... some of the changes are pretty weird.

We got Ascalon, Harpy, and Dredge:

Ascalon was silly easy(not that it was ever hard to begin with), as the NPCs never died, and the boss didn't seem to do agony at all.

Harpy was silly easy, as it was missing 3-4 harpies per jumping path and Old Tom dropped in about 1/2 the time.

Dredge...was easier in some regards(HP pool of boss seemed less), but they added in even more trash mobs at the start and in some other sections. Also, you can't die on the switches anymore at the start, so yea...this will require a mes/thief/tanky class pretty much now. Mes blink glitch still works though, which cuts down on the annoyingly long start.

We also got the old "boss" Maw:

Again, super easy, HP pool seemed reduced, and crystal despawn rate was increased(so you have to keep an eye on them). Dodging still works too. Also, the camera might have been bugged/intentional, as it was SUPER zoomed in, aka almost FPS style, so if you're a norn...lol have fun.

Rewards weren't any different(RNG bla bla bla), aside from the added ~1g at the end. We all got a +1 infusion per chest though(which are TP tradeable).

Granted, I haven't touched the newer fractals yet, but overall it seemed MUCH easier/streamlined(aside from Dredge which is still a pain in the ass).

They definitely tweaked Agony/resist, as 30 felt like sub-20(I have 45 resist on the character I was using). Some of the other people had 25-30 resist and their HP didn't drop at all.
So it definitely feels more "accessible" I guess.

Also, the SM requirement is silly, as it was very drawn out and boring(aside from the end boss which was actually kind of fun). Granted, you only need to do it once, it's still a silly requirement.

Overall, best part of the patch was
ITEM RARITY BOXES

Mxrz

Welp.

My Sylvari armor glow seems completely gone. Good job, f'ing forum whiners. Sometimes I really, really fucking hate the official forums and everyone on it.

Moondrop

Banned
Wait what did they complain about?

A month ago they unexpectedly tweaked many of the Sylvari cultural armors to increase the glow. The side effect was that it muddied most of the dye colors. The changes were almost universally panned and the devs promised to reverse them.

Mxrz

Spoilers for stuff.

Bug bug bug Scarlet bug White room end.

I hate to imagine how the Abbadon one would have went.

Wait what did they complain about?
Changes did something to some of the dye, and people on the forums went flat out vicious on the dev. So I guess she changed it back. Some of us absolutely loved the changes, but I guess we were drowned out by all the personal attacks in that thread.

Luigi87

Fifth 80 get. Only three to go.

Also feel bad that I haven't been able to run with GAF for Sat. Night Fever in quite some time, but... stuff.

Retro

I'll have to catch up on the thread, but thanks for the safe travel wishes and such in the interim.

Thats what they all say.

Then they forget to check the house for hiding murderers.

Nah, the only murderer we have in the house is our cat.

Hyunashi

Terrible update. I mean, did they really have to make T3 human light-cultural be available in the gem store with added effects and at a cheaper cost? Lazy design choices. The fractal changes were great but seriously, does everything need to be linked back to you-know-who? It just feels like voting was rigged as you-know-who being implemented in the Abaddon fractal would probably feel off.

I continue to have little faith in ANET, but will wait to see what they say at the start of the next year for their 6-month reports. I cant see living story cutting it going into next year.

Arcteryx

Yea the cultural armor thing is REALLY bizarre, as are the other choices there(that heavy armor...lol). Pretty much a blatant money grab there, but oh well they've put out much better content in the past.

Odd. I've finished the Thaumanova Reactor story mission, but every time I try to go into fractals, it just wants to do it again.

Nevermind: Anet employee said to leave/enter map, and it might fix itself in a few minutes.

Edit: Nope, seems I didn't actually finish the Reactor last time, it never teleported us to the final chest once the boss was done. Had to do it again.

Jira

Bug-Fixing

Fixed an issue where players could not be resurrected after a party wipe in the Thaumanova Reactor story fractal.
Fixed a bug that could prevent the Fractal Transit Query from appearing after completing the Molten Weapons Testing fractal.
Preexisting Fractal weapons can be used again.

Yay

Sooooo after doing the Fractal SM and 30 (again yay)... some of the changes are pretty weird.

We got Ascalon, Harpy, and Dredge:

Ascalon was silly easy(not that it was ever hard to begin with), as the NPCs never died, and the boss didn't seem to do agony at all.

Harpy was silly easy, as it was missing 3-4 harpies per jumping path and Old Tom dropped in about 1/2 the time.

Dredge...was easier in some regards(HP pool of boss seemed less), but they added in even more trash mobs at the start and in some other sections. Also, you can't die on the switches anymore at the start, so yea...this will require a mes/thief/tanky class pretty much now. Mes blink glitch still works though, which cuts down on the annoyingly long start.

We also got the old "boss" Maw:

Again, super easy, HP pool seemed reduced, and crystal despawn rate was increased(so you have to keep an eye on them). Dodging still works too. Also, the camera might have been bugged/intentional, as it was SUPER zoomed in, aka almost FPS style, so if you're a norn...lol have fun.

Rewards weren't any different(RNG bla bla bla), aside from the added ~1g at the end. We all got a +1 infusion per chest though(which are TP tradeable).

Granted, I haven't touched the newer fractals yet, but overall it seemed MUCH easier/streamlined(aside from Dredge which is still a pain in the ass).

They definitely tweaked Agony/resist, as 30 felt like sub-20(I have 45 resist on the character I was using). Some of the other people had 25-30 resist and their HP didn't drop at all.
So it definitely feels more "accessible" I guess.

Also, the SM requirement is silly, as it was very drawn out and boring(aside from the end boss which was actually kind of fun). Granted, you only need to do it once, it's still a silly requirement.

Overall, best part of the patch was
ITEM RARITY BOXES

I also noticed with the Harpy fractal that they don't go invulnerable like they used to.

Proven

There's still something up with the checkpoints in the Thaumanova Fractal. Beyond that, and the mobs you run into, it doesn't feel all that long and difficult. But it's usually the third fractal to come up in the rotation. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom