• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus

He's... perfect!

vj145zz.jpg

image.php

Disappointing.

The Thumanova fractal is the same as the story instance, so hopefully you just get lucky and end up seeing it during a fractal run.

THe only thing you are missing is the dialogue between Kiel and Dessa before entering the Fractal and at the end of the story when you come back to the Mistlock Observatory.

You quite literally aren't missing out on anything except not needing to get it randomly... I guess the non-story version doesn't turn your party into inquest (right?) but other than that it is exactly the same

Yes it does. You are always an Inquest Asura, whenever you are in the Thumanova Fractal.

Moondrop

Banned
The balance patch notes appear to be exactly what was proposed before the feedback period. At least we were all warned.

Sentinel inscriptions now available for commendations- it appears I made my first ever proper investment by liquidating my stock two weeks ago.

I think I may burn my total makeover kit on my norn mesmer. Those freckles are just too cute.

And I know we're all hyped about the patch, but an SF member and I figured out a little exploit for ele last night that actually makes the elite situationally useful (beyond meteornado). Some of y'all may have caught that Reddit post yesterday about being able to call Fiery Greatsword underwater. I went to test it and indeed, you can call it down but you don't end up with one in your hands and you can't pick up the one that dropped underwater.

So here's the rub: for 30 seconds, you still have the stat buffs of the FGS. Specifically that's +260 power and +180 condition damage. The buffs persist even when you leave the water, and you have no way of using up the charges prematurely. Enjoy, but please don't go posting it to that Reddit thread. It'll be our little secret ;).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So here's the rub: for 30 seconds, you still have the stat buffs of the FGS. Specifically that's +260 power and +180 condition damage. The buffs persist even when you leave the water, and you have no way of using up the charges prematurely. Enjoy, but please don't go posting it to that Reddit thread. It'll be our little secret ;).
Does this elapse after the standard FGS duration?

Moondrop

Banned
Does this elapse after the standard FGS duration?

Unclear on your question. I think it's consistent with standard conjures, i.e. the weapon that appears in your hands lasts for 30 seconds and the weapon on the ground will last for 60 seconds on the ground, then 30 seconds when you pick it up. The timer begins when you call FGS underwater.

Unclear on your question. I think it's consistent with standard conjures, i.e. the weapon that appears in your hands lasts for 30 seconds and the weapon on the ground will last for 60 seconds on the ground, then 30 seconds when you pick it up. The timer begins when you call FGS underwater.
Are stat boosts for the conjurer only or anyone that tried to grab the sword?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gotcha so you essentially have the stat boost with your normal skills for 30 seconds minus however long it took to get out of the water, right?
Okay, blowing up the Tower felt damn good. And the aftermath is awesome:

izdxtfMKniLLw.jpg
Spoilers :p

Psh, if you've read the patchnotes, you knew it was coming. This is what Kessex now looks like. What I'm not going to spoil, is what happens just before all that :p

Moondrop

Banned
Are stat boosts for the conjurer only or anyone that tried to grab the sword?

Conjurer only I believe, as no one is capable of grabbing the sword underwater. But if you mean on land, then yes whoever picks up conjured weapons does receive stat boosts. And now that you mention it, the optimal usage of this exploit is to cast it onto the land from underwater, so someone can at least pick up the sword.

Gotcha so you essentially have the stat boost with your normal skills for 30 seconds minus however long it took to get out of the water, right?

Exactly. You could also use it in the underwater fractal, and umm... hold on I'm thinking...

Obviously this is highly situational, but there are several places in WvW where you can make use of it, such as Bay and the S and SE camps.

Proven

Here's another small oversight (or is it?) with the new glory vendor. Apparently the PvP cultural armor tier 2 and tier 3 still have the loot tables of Phoenix (and presumably) Dragon rank armors respectively. Which means you can get Phoenix and Dragon tokens. Which means you can get (limited use) Phoenix and Dragon finishers.

I'm afraid to craft any right now, but...

This update is too cool. I love that the story instance has replay value, doing the different paths (combat vs puzzle). I love that the three Toxic bosses in the tower are now in Kessex, since the Tower has collapsed, dumping them there. I love that Kessex is permanently changed.

And I've not even started Wintersday stuff yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ahhh man totally forgot that I'm supposed to play other games with a friend later tonight :3 Oh well. I'll still definitely log on and check stuff out... probably see the Kessex/Tower stuff because that's really intriguing. I didn't expect anything that substantial, very cool. But Kos, let's reschedule CoE for tomorrow night if you can be on. Luckily it's not like the Wintersday stuff is going anywhere.

Ceres

Banned
Have barely played the last two weeks but will probably be on tonight.

And looks like buying a ton of silk scrap 2 months ago will pay off tonight.

Ahhh man totally forgot that I'm supposed to play other games with a friend later tonight :3 Oh well. I'll still definitely log on and check stuff out... probably see the Kessex/Tower stuff because that's really intriguing. I didn't expect anything that substantial, very cool. But Kos, let's reschedule CoE for tomorrow night if you can be on. Luckily it's not like the Wintersday stuff is going anywhere.

Sounds good. Wintersday and Dungeons will be here. I'm more interested on the Kessex stuff as well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Have barely played the last two weeks but will probably be on tonight.

And looks like buying a ton of silk scrap 2 months ago will pay off tonight.
I didn't even buy anything to flip, jump selling off my accumulated stores will be cash money fly cars

Anybody seen this dialogue between Kasmeer and Marjory in game yet?
Marjory Delaqua: How'd you get out of all that without a single smudge or tear on your dress?
Kasmeer Meade: It's not a dress. It's an illusion. You think I'd take my best dress into a place like that?
Marjory Delaqua: An illusion? You mean you're...
Kasmeer Meade: Naked. Is that a problem?
Marjory Delaqua: Noooo. Not a problem.
I should lament this as lame and unapologetic fanservice, but... welp

Proven

Diamond Skin may be beyond hard counter. Someone started calling it a diamond counter. http://www.twitch.tv/lhob9944/b/486397926

I literally laughed out loud at the end of the first duel when he typed "You don't even need shield!"

Here's another small oversight (or is it?) with the new glory vendor. Apparently the PvP cultural armor tier 2 and tier 3 still have the loot tables of Phoenix (and presumably) Dragon rank armors respectively. Which means you can get Phoenix and Dragon tokens. Which means you can get (limited use) Phoenix and Dragon finishers.

Requoting myself to add one thing. I didn't mention that a person told me this in a twitch chat while talking about crafting high rank PvP weapons. You can do that too, don't forget.

EDIT:

Anyone who wants to buy a collection expander (800 gems) I'm willing to gift swap with you. I'm probably not going to buy 3, but at least you'll get the discount.

Moondrop

Banned
Arcane wave is ground targeted now :/

But the new ele healing skill isn't? Hmm, maybe I'll take it over ether renewal and pick up some condi cleanse elsewhere.

Proven

Arcane wave is ground targeted now :/

But the new ele healing skill isn't? Hmm, maybe I'll take it over ether renewal and pick up some condi cleanse elsewhere.

But the new Ele heal still has a cast time despite being Arcane. Give and take. Still, Arcane Wave being ground targetted means blasting fields as Staff without having to get too close.

Levyne

Banned
WIN GOLD FOR NEARLY NOTHING

So. For anyone in the gaf guild at this time of posting or earlier.

If you show up for missions at 9 eastern this saturday, your name will automatically be put into a drawing for 1000 gold. A runner up will also be given 100 gold. 3rd place for 30 gold.

Names chosen at random. I will include any name that I see during any of the missions, so show up early, or late, it's fine!

See you then!

Luigi87

I will not miss missions this week.

Totally for the comms, but your incredibly generous potential prize is a nice draw too.

I know you wanted to quit playing since you spent more time on it than you felt healthy, but this feels like you're holding a torch over the bridge. You're sure you won't come back later?

Retro brings up an excellent point.
We don't want a ploy in which you never return o_o

Retro

I know you wanted to quit playing since you spent more time on it than you felt healthy, but this feels like you're holding a torch over the bridge. You're sure you won't come back later?

And of course I have plans that will make it nearly impossible to participate in the missions this week. YAY. Good luck to those that make it and whoever wins.

swnny

That is true, not only for the cultural armors, but for the dredge and nightmare as well. But getting a rank token is of small chance. You may need to buy few BOXES in other to get a single token. Be prepared to "buy" 10 arcane dusts for 60k glory and 60gold. :)

And from first hand experience, I can say that, the whole thing around PvP rewards revamp is a complete disaster. As I said shortly after the stream:
- Z-E-R-O retroactive rewards for any kind of PvP player. Be it rank points, glory, gold, skins, titles, finishers - N-O-T-H-I-N-G. F#ck you and your 1000s of ranked games, across 1000s of hours.
- ZERO incentive to spend glory in the new vendor.
- armor sets in the new vendor are in f#cking boxes.
- no glory to gold conversion of any sort.
- small gold/silver rewards for rated play.
- the new players joining the mists, because of today's changes have no idea how to play. They will get flamed and hated on and will just go back to whatever they were doing before.
- all pvp game modes are now infested with braindead players, who just afk, so they get gold for doing nothing.
- the 'Luck' from savaging PvP items is extremly low. 90luck out of 60 salvages! In PvE/WvW you will get ~700 luck out of 60 salvages.
- based on the above, glory to magic find conversion rate is laughable at the moment.

So, there goes the wasted glory and glory boosters. I wouldn't open all my chests just yet, because the drop rate of Luck is terrible.
The income of "new blood" to PvP will come and go, as there is no proper ways to teach them the game and with some many questions regarding the upcoming unified gear, there is little to no incentive for them to stay in the mists.

And given how things are going, the final system, whatever it is, will be in huge favor for the newcomers, leaving the (small) active pvp community with a finger stuck in their asses.

Edit: Heh, they even banned me from the gw2 forums, because I copy-posted this. Too much negative feedback, I guess.

Moondrop

Banned
But the new Ele heal still has a cast time despite being Arcane. Give and take. Still, Arcane Wave being ground targetted means blasting fields as Staff without having to get too close.

Sure that's great for support eles- oh wait they changed it so they can't get all the water traits any more. I prefer to receives the benefits of the field I blast. I suppose the new heal serves that purpose.

Maybe I'll go back to my staff build that uses arcane blast and the grandmaster arcane that lets it chill and immob at 1500 range. Diamond skin doesn't seem viable for a super squishy. Not looking forward to using generic cantrips, but it seems we're being pushed in that direction.

Since Im level 35, should I start doing dungeons? Im getting a little tired of doing heart missions and I heard dungeons provide quicker leveling. Any truth to this?

Since Im level 35, should I start doing dungeons? Im getting a little tired of doing heart missions and I heard dungeons provide quicker leveling. Any truth to this?

dont do the hearts mate. they are not really mission or important. just explore all the regions and do events with other people. I always get sad when I see people who burn out by doing pointless hearts. They truly, are worth nothing unless you'r 100%ing. and you might as well get to lvl 80 and do other stuff first.

I dont feel like dungeons is faster levelling. I think crafting and gathering resources is much faster way of levelling.

If you show up for missions at 9 eastern this saturday, your name will automatically be put into a drawing for 1000 gold. A runner up will also be given 100 gold. 3rd place for 30 gold.

Names chosen at random. I will include any name that I see during any of the missions, so show up early, or late, it's fine!

See you then!

Just give it to me seda. I'll take good care of it

Proven

That is true, not only for the cultural armors, but for the dredge and nightmare as well. But getting a rank token is of small chance. You may need to buy few BOXES in other to get a single token. Be prepared to "buy" 10 arcane dusts for 60k glory and 60gold. :)

And from first hand experience, I can say that, the whole thing around PvP rewards revamp is a complete disaster. As I said shortly after the stream:
- Z-E-R-O retroactive rewards for any kind of PvP player. Be it rank points, glory, gold, skins, titles, finishers - N-O-T-H-I-N-G. F#ck you and your 1000s of ranked games, across 1000s of hours.
- ZERO incentive to spend glory in the new vendor.
- armor sets in the new vendor are in f#cking boxes.
- no glory to gold conversion of any sort.
- small gold/silver rewards for rated play.
- the new players joining the mists, because of today's changes have no idea how to play. They will get flamed and hated on and will just go back to whatever they were doing before.
- all pvp game modes are now infested with braindead players, who just afk, so they get gold for doing nothing.
- the 'Luck' from savaging PvP items is extremly low. 90luck out of 60 salvages! In PvE/WvW you will get ~700 luck out of 60 salvages.
- based on the above, glory to magic find conversion rate is laughable at the moment.

So, there goes the wasted glory and glory boosters. I wouldn't open all my chests just yet, because the drop rate of Luck is terrible.
The income of "new blood" to PvP will come and go, as there is no proper ways to teach them the game and with some many questions regarding the upcoming unified gear, there is little to no incentive for them to stay in the mists.

And given how things are going, the final system, whatever it is, will be in huge favor for the newcomers, leaving the (small) active pvp community with a finger stuck in their asses.

Edit: Heh, they even banned me from the gw2 forums, because I copy-posted this. Too much negative feedback, I guess.
I have nothing to add to this.
Guardian skill is fucking amazing with burning alone, but if you can get bleeds or poison running somehow, it becomes ridiculous amounts of ticks of heals. yum yum.

Wait, the new heal actually works with burning ticks? So if someone doesn't cleanse and you give them a decent burn, you're guaranteed at least 3 ticks of health?

I wasn't planning on using it, but now I might have to reconsider...

Damn, all my PvP matches have been like this today:

ijYBY8BgZA071.jpg

Barely any time left on the clock, red was totally set to win, and we got a few lucky kills and I held them off the Skyhammer, but barely - two mesmers in there were knocking me around like a pinball.

Also, how nice is Wintersday dressing for Lion's Arch. I forgot how cheery it makes me.

iCLnoHHyylkFO.jpg

Levyne

Banned

See you then!

for new page for 50 ppp plebs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom