• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played in 13 months, but I'm thinking of playing again...what have I missed?

My guy is level 80 and I had 100% world completion (put in 500 hours in less than 3 months of playing). Now I'm missing a couple of vistas and waypoints, but I don't see a new area on the map.

Name is Varax if anyone remembers my character. Charr Ranger.

Just got back into the game, only level 21, how do I get into the tower of nightmare, theres tons of enemies luring outside. Also seems very dead, its a rare site to see anyone wandering around :(

Wow. Just wow. World vs World is SO much better when your join your server's mumble(or teamspeak, whatever service). The awareness of what is going on is amazing. Even if you don't have a headset, get in there! Wish I had done it ages ago.

All 3 of your if you want to join GAFGuild just post your character name or account.#### so I can add you to the guild. We are on SBI (NA Server)

Shiokazu

all i ever want is for us to be able to use spears as weapons.

not underwater. i want to use spears on the ground, damn, is that impossible? would that shake the game balance too much?

Complistic

Y0yuzBD.png

Anyone know how much truth there is to this?

Last I knew (from a dev interview/steam) they have a few guys looking into the possibility of giving all professions access to all weapons. But they were still just toying around with the idea and seeing if it was feasible. That was three or four months ago.

jersoc

god i hope new weapons come sooner rather than later either way. this game needs a breath of fresh air in the combat area. or ya know, get rid of passives and make traits fun.

Retro

god i hope new weapons come sooner rather than later either way. this game needs a breath of fresh air in the combat area. or ya know, get rid of passives and make traits fun.

I'm going to have to disa- wait, no, I completely agree with this. In fact, I'd rather have a trait overhaul along exactly those lines than new weapons. Been saying passives were a bad thing since before launch (scroll down to the "Potential solution" section).

leng jai

Why would you add new weapons when some of the existing ones are useless/broken and the traits need to be overhauled? They need to do the opposite of adding new shit when the stuff they already have needs more attention.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got back into the game, only level 21, how do I get into the tower of nightmare, theres tons of enemies luring outside. Also seems very dead, its a rare site to see anyone wandering around :(
The tower is hard content. If you're having trouble getting inside, you'll get freaking slaughtered in there alone. You need a party. This doesn't have to do with you being level 21 and upleveled (I've taken alts in there at that and below) but just getting better with your class over time.

What server are you on? You in NA?

Last I knew (from a dev interview/steam) they have a few guys looking into the possibility of giving all professions access to all weapons. But they were still just toying around with the idea and seeing if it was feasible. That was three or four months ago.

That sounds weird, and I'm not sure I like that idea. For one, one of the selling points of warriors is the broad spectrum of weapons they can wield. More importantly, I can see massive overlap in skills (both in-class and between classes) if they have to make five/three/two per each class/weapon combo.
One or two weapons per class sounds good, if they can make them unique. Any more than that and we'll be seeing the same skills with different graphics.

mingus

Any PvE Guardians out there that can help me out?

After today's run with my friends in Fractals, I realized our team composition isn't so great.

We're:

Engineer, (me, Pistol/Shield)
Engineer, (Dual Pistols)
Mesmer, (Not sure)
Warrior (Greatsword / Longbow)
Warrior (Dual Swords? / Longbow)

I have a level 80 Guardian running http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccz0oz9MmaGbmmvNbm0x0xaoaqMkqo8khT707khT7070M7kNc70V7owX70m and full Valkyries set (armour and weapons) in the wings, that I'm thinking of using for Fractals/Dungeons when running with the group. But I've got no idea what I'm doing, or how best to help the team. We seem to lack condition removal for some reason (Mai Trin was giving us hell on Fractal 1, for pete's sake).

Any suggestions as to what I should do with the Guardian, to raise our survivability? I'm trying to bolster confidence a bit, so we can tackle harder content together.

I'd agree that for most fractals it's not so much your stats as it is the utilities you bring, your weapon load out and understanding the mechanics (which I assume you are familiar with). I generally run Purging Flames/Stand Your Ground/Hold the Line. Purging Flames is pretty OP for the condi removal and the fire field. For a quick rundown:

Underwater
  • Sanctuary/SYG/HtL for krait
  • Retreat/SYG/HtL for the rest
Swamp
  • Staff - Retreat/SYG/HtL for the wisps
  • Sword/Focus, Hammer - Wall of Reflection/SYG/HtL for Bloomhunger
  • Scepter/Focus, Sword/Focus - PF/SYG/HtL for Mossman
Ascalon
  • Scepter/Focus, Hammer - WoR/SYG/HtL up to the final boss
  • Scepter/Focus, Sword/Focus - WoR/SYG/HtL for boss
Snow
  • Sword/Focus, Greatsword - Hallowed Ground/SYG/HtL for the ice elemental
  • Staff/Hammer - Retreat/SYG/HtL for running through the woods/blocking mobs
  • Sword/Focus, Hammer - PF/SYG/HtL for boss
Cliffside
  • Scepter/Focus, Sword/Focus - PF/SYG/HtL boss first encounter
  • Mace/Focus, Greatsword - Retreat/SYG/HtL running hammer and stacking
  • Scepter/Focus, Greatsword - PF/SYG/HtL boss final encounter
Uncategorized
  • Sword/Focus, Greatsword - WoR/Shield of the Avenger/Sanctuary to melee the harpies
  • Scepter/Focus, Sword/Focus - PF/SYG/HtL for the indoor parts including Tom
  • Sword/Focus, Greatsword - WoR/Shield/Sanctuary for the last boss
Volcanic
  • Scepter/Focus, Hammer - WoR/SYG/HtL grawl
  • Sword/Focus, Hammer - PF/SYG/HtL for the vets/boss first encounter (swap scepter for sword if you don't have enough dps or cc)
  • Scepter/Focus, Greatsword - WoR/Shield/HtL boss final encounter
Dredge
  • Staff, Mace/Focus - WoR/Shield/Sanctuary if you're standing on a button
  • Staff, Greatsword - WoR/SYG/HtL if you're kiting
  • Sword/Focus, Hammer - WoR/SYG/HtL generally when you're fighting dredge
  • Mace/Shield, Hammer - WoR/Sanctuary/Retreat when you're running bombs or protecting the people burning the door
  • Scepter/Focus, Sword/Focus - WoR/Retreat/HtL for mining suit boss, swap out WoR for anything else if it's the ice ele boss

I haven't encountered all of the new fractals to provide anything definitive but it's probably a good idea to bring SYG and HtL.

Some other things: I spam Virtue of Justice whenever it's off cooldown for better party dps and use resolve and courage as emergency heals. When there are a lot of mobs aggroing (Ascalon, Dredge), I use Ring of Warding on hammer and put WoR down right on the edge so we can safely melee the mobs getting knocked down. Focus 5 and Hammer 2 are blast finishers that I chain after putting down PF for might stacks. For the volcanic boss, I drop the shield when the lava elementals spawn to minimize immobilization and follow up with WoR when the boss's shield is broken. I think that's about it really. After playing guardian for so long, I'm used to constantly glancing at the party status in the corner and popping shouts/virtues whenever people are saddled with conditions or low on health. If anyone has feedback or criticism feel free to comment.

Arcteryx

Any PvE Guardians out there that can help me out?

After today's run with my friends in Fractals, I realized our team composition isn't so great.

We're:

Engineer, (me, Pistol/Shield)
Engineer, (Dual Pistols)
Mesmer, (Not sure)
Warrior (Greatsword / Longbow)
Warrior (Dual Swords? / Longbow)

I have a level 80 Guardian running http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccz0oz9MmaGbmmvNbm0x0xaoaqMkqo8khT707khT7070M7kNc70V7owX70m and full Valkyries set (armour and weapons) in the wings, that I'm thinking of using for Fractals/Dungeons when running with the group. But I've got no idea what I'm doing, or how best to help the team. We seem to lack condition removal for some reason (Mai Trin was giving us hell on Fractal 1, for pete's sake).

Any suggestions as to what I should do with the Guardian, to raise our survivability? I'm trying to bolster confidence a bit, so we can tackle harder content together.

I run something similar, although I dropped the extra sword crit/dmg, as I'm not always running SW/F.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJA...uFA-jwBBYgBkwAkKAIBqIasVWFRjVXDT5iIqWKgyFGB-e

As others have said, utilities are more important than your outright gear. I would advise always having some form of stability(be it a shout or consecration) and depending on the situations a reflect as well. That leaves you with an extra slot, which I usually fill with another condition cleanser(usually Purging Flames, which I try to take as much as possible, as the condition cleanse is OP and the might stacking potential is great too).

The most important thing for a Guardian in fractals is simply knowing the fights and what you need for them. After that, yes group comp does matter somewhat, as does build/gear, but you have to know what to bring to each fight first.

I would also recommend having the following weapons: Sword, Focus, Greatsword, Staff, Scepter, Hammer, and possibly Shield. With most of the vanilla builds you will be using SW/F with some other support weapon(either Scepter for ranged, Staff for might stacks/walls, Greatsword for stacking, or Hammer for Protection/blasts). Again, knowing the encounter will allow you to know what to bring.

You said you're having issues with clearing conditions/sustain, so give https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/Guide-DPS-Guardian-for-PVE a look, as it covers both high dps Guardian builds AND high survival (Hammer perma-Protection) based builds. As well, it has videos for a number of Fractal encounters(check gw2guru PvE section as it has more links/Brazil build too).

Personally I would recommend something that has at least 15 in Radiance for the blind/vuln/burning/might/reset of Virtue of Justice. Beyond that, I would suggest going for condition cleanse(Pure of Voice) over AH(honestly, those builds are just plain old and not helpful to the group; they aren't bad in WvW for a commander, but in PvE...nope). That should leave you with ~20 points to spend wherever you want, but again, I would encourage group utility in the form of consecration longevity(condition cleanse from Purging or stability from Hallowed Ground). With that type of build, aside from Dredge, you're going to be spamming F1 for those blinds, vuln, burning, and might. As long as the group has good dps...things will just melt. Use Resolve and Courage when needed for small emergency heal/regen(or condition cleanse if you trait it like I do) and blocks.

Examples of per Fractal usage for myself in most pug groups:

Aquatic Ruins:
Condition cleanse/stun breaks are most important here; aside from that, reflects are nice to have too.
It's underwater. I'm lucky I even have an exotic underwater weapon lol. SYG, HTL, Purging(or whatever). The boss hits harder now and it seems like vuln is applied much faster, so be on the look out for that. Otherwise, this is one where you can easily just brb and come back to a chest.

Swampland:
Mossman - Reflects and stability(WoR and SYG); should leave you with an extra slot to take Purging/another utility. I usually go with Scepter and CC; blink in with SW/F after he re-appears, do dps, and get out to CC/reflect again.
Bloombro - Reflects, condition cleanse, and stun break; WoR, SYG, SoA/Shield(for an emergency reflect). I usually 100% melee this encounter. Drop reflects, cleanse, and dodge. Nothing much else.

Urban Battlegrounds:
Reflects, stability, and protection. Here I would recommend having a Shield in your off-set for an emergency reflect(unless you have 2 Guardians, then don't bother). WoR, SYG, and an open utility. GS for most of the encounters to pull into a corner/wall and dps. Once you reach the "end"(all the trash + arrow carts), use WoR, SoA/Shield, and Courage to block as much as possible. GS on boss to start, then swap to Scepter.

Uncategorized:
Either bring reflects out the whazzoo or stability(or both). I usually run any of these: SYG, Hallowed, WoR, SoA. Couple that with SW/F, Shield offset, and Courage. You should be able to 1man block/stabilize the party with that. SW/F and GS for boss encounters(Hammer on Old Tom if you've got water fields = easy perma-Protection and heals).
ex of all the blinds/blocks/etc you have available(assuming traited in most cases): F1(blind), F3(block), SW/F #2, #4(both blinds), #5(block), SYG(stability), Hallowed(stability), WoR(reflect), SoA(reflect), Shield #5(reflect), GS #3(blind), etc. Aside from user error...you really shouldn't be having issues here even with just 1 Guardian.

Snowblind:
Reflects and stability. SYG, WoR, Hallowed. SW/F and Scepter for the most part.

Molten Furnance:
This can vary depending on what spawns in each room, but I usually bring 2 Stability utilities: SYG, Hallowed, and WoR. I use SYG for the hallway and WoR in-case those Rock Elemental assholes spawn, because they do some furious knockdowns that can wipe a party really quick if you aren't on your game. SW/F and GS usually for weapons.

Cliffside:
Reflects and condition cleanse, so SYG, WoR, and either a shout(if you spec'd into shouts cleanse) or Purging. I usually have Scepter for the first fight(with SW/F for blinds/quick dps) and then switch to GS and Staff for control/might stacks/swiftness. For the boss I switch back to SW/F and Scepter, along with 2 shouts and Purging for condition cleanse out the whazzoo.

Aetherblade:
This one is silly easy(a Mesmer can skip half of it), usually I have SYG, HTL, and Purging. At the end boss have SYG, Purging, and whatever so you can avoid stuns/pulls from the robots.

Volcanic:
SYG, Hallowed, WoR at the start (so those assholes don't pull you out into the room). Scepter and Hammer for the next phase for CC(swap back to SW/F and Scepter for boss fight there).
For shaman I usually run with: Scepter/Shield and Staff(sometimes GS for grouping elemental spawns), SYG, Hallowed, WoR, SoA. Depending on how many Guardians/reflects we have, I will sometimes drop WoR for Hallowed. Sometimes I use HTL if the party is lacking in condition cleanse/heals. Save your SoA for the elemental spawn and use Scepter smite on his shield to down it quick.
VoR is helpful here for quick emergency heals(or traited condition cleanses).

Thaumanova Reactor:
Depends on the fractal scale/group comp, but stability is nice if you want to not be pulled all over by the portals. Again, SYG, Purging, and an open utility. SW/F and Hammer for the ooze fight for CC; otherwise SW/F and Scepter for the boss fight.

Underground Facility:
Dredge...yay. SYG, HTL, Hallowed, WoR, etc. Basically reflects, stability, and protection. Usually GS and swapping the offset weapon depending on the encounter(sometimes I use Shield for the #5 knockback for corner stacking).
If you get the guns, then bring Sanctuary to block the door. If you get bombs...ehh. Sanctuary apparently bugs them out now and they pick up the bombs right away, so I recommend having a few people kite and the rest plant. Bring stunbreak/protection for this part; reflects if you can too.
Scepter for either boss. WoR if it's the Dredge robot for reflects on his bombs.

Solid Ocean:
Scepter and GS. SYG, HTL, and Hallowed. Easy.

Molten Boss:
GS and SW/F for the start. SoA, HTL, and Purging for burning cleanse.
Scepter/Shield and Staff for the boss fight, with HTL, Purging, and Retreat(useful so you don't need to waste dodges as much). Kill Berserker. Group for the last guy(if you can OOC, then switch Retreat to WoR for this part, otherwise no biggie).

Captain Mai Trin:
SW/F and Scepter, SYG, HTL, and Purging. Condition cleanse and protection are most important here(blocks are nice too). HTL can be dropped if group heals/condition cleanse are ok for Retreat(helps on the cannon phase).

Also, some of these tactics can DRAMATICALLY change based upon the current Mistlock Instability.

All the Mistlocks and my impressions:

31 Mist Stalker(The Mossman stalks you through the fractals): NBD, doesn't change anything
32 Impaired Immunity(Conditions applied to you last longer): BFD, beware of Fractals heavy on conditions(Bloombro, Shaman, Mai Trin, etc)
33 Outflanked(Enemies do more damage when attacking from behind or the sides): NBD, just be aware of your positioning/work on stacking well
34 Fleeting Precision(Your critical chance is reduced): NBD, just takes forever to kill
35 Stormy Weather(Lightning periodically strikes): NBD, doesn't change anything
36 Losing Control(Outgoing control effects have reduced effectiveness): Potential BFD when CC is important(like Shaman Grawl part)
37 Keep Them In Line(Damaged enemies gain boons when unattended): NBD, issues were fixed in a patch
38 Ill and Chill(Poison, chill, and confusion have unintended effects) (give regen, protection and fury to enemies respectively): NBD depending on group comp, BFD if you have Necros, Eles, and Mesmers utilizing conditions
39 Last Laugh(Enemies explode when killed): BFD for the most part, constant knockbacks, bring stability over anything else if possible(at least on enemy heavy levels). Take it slow
40 Agonizing Expedition(You are frequently afflicted with agony)(need 50+ Agony resist): NBD, just have proper AR
41 Playing Favorites(Untargeted enemies take half damage): NBD, we always target anyways
42 Lethargic(Reduced endurance regeneration): NBD for the most part, BFD on levels where dodging is critical(Mai Trin potentially, Shaman, etc)
43 Bloodlust (Combat is agonizing. Get a kill for relief) (you take increasing damage each time you hit an enemy i.e. 20 dmg for first hit, 40 dmg for second hit. This is reset if you don’t attack an enemy for 10-20s): BFD. Arguably THE worst one, as it not only takes FOREVER to kill stuff, but you take massive dmg. Heals and slow attacking are key. No joke, it took us ~1hr just to do Harpy fractal alone. It makes any boss fights a trying experience
44 Overextended(Take damage when you deal critical damage): Potential BFD depending on build; recommend running tanky build like in 43. PVT or something similar
45 Frosty(Periodically leave a patch of chilling frost): NBD; just have condition cleanse for oopsies(chilled in an AoE)
46 Social Awkwardness(Nearby allies reduce your healing effectiveness): NBD, spread out
47 Anti-elitism(Elite skills cause death): NBD, don't use your elite
48 Tainted Renewal(Regeneration, protection, and vigor have unintended effects) (Regen cause Poison, Protection cause Vulnerability, Vigor causes Weakness): NBD depending on your build. Just be conscious of your skills and what they apply
49 Stamina(Outgoing damage is reduced when endurance is low): NBD, honestly one of the easiest of all of them. If you want to do a daily 40 level, this is one of the best to do
50 Agonizing Expedition(You are frequently afflicted with agony) (need 70 AR to not take any dmg): Again, NBD, just have proper AR

So much info, woof. Gaf Guardians are representing today.

And people say GW2's skills/combat is basic. >..> After playing only Engineer for so long, all this is pretty overwhelming. And having to have so many weapons, geeze. I miss my bundles already.

Thanks for all the info. It's going to take a while to assimilate all this, and get the gear together. I really shouldn't have wasted all my mats on making a full Valkyrie set - but I forgot Toughness trumps Vitality. Perhaps I should just go full Celestial on my Guardian, at least then I feel balanced.

EDIT: Now I just feel overwhelmed, and thinking perhaps this isn't a good idea after all.

Moondrop

Banned
I think y'all shouldn't get your hopes up about rumors of new weapons. We're finally getting our first set of new skills tomorrow; new weapons represent much more work. Beyond creating at least twice that many skills, they also have to rebalance the trait lines (i.e. insert cooldown reduction).

But the most important thing to keep in mind is that the weapons should represent a new playstyle, not merely fit thematically. Engi hammer sounds good, but more CC would be redundant. It would need to be about dps, defense, or gadgets. Torch makes sense to expand condition thieves. Ranger staff also makes sense; introducing a druid playstyle could salvage the profession.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After playing only Engineer for so long, all this is pretty overwhelming.
I think one thing that those responding to you sort of glossed over is that the biggest benefit you'll be bringing to your group comp by being a guardian is "being a guardian." Guardians are inordinately useful in Fractals, and unlike many classes even a nowhere-close-to-mastered Guardian can substantially benefit a full party. From having the experience of being in a party with them alone I can tell you that if you toss Wall of Reflection and either a couple shouts or Purging Flames on your bar, you'll make a huge impact regardless of what Fractal you're on or weapon sets you're using. You can use the Fractal level progression to employ increasingly complex tactics and specialized loadouts for individual encounters as you feel more confident.

--

I don't at all recommend getting your hopes up for new weapon sets in the near term, even though it's the single non-QoL addition I want most. A couple of 4chan posts is complete hearsay at this point, and even if completely true in terms of the weapons the timeframe could be anything.

GW Standard Boxed Edition for $24.99 at Amazon

Mxrz

Yep, guardian master race.

I'm gonna guess you're low fractals, in which case you can get away with a lot more. This is what I use and I've soloed both Mai Trin and Motlan bosses up into the 20s. To keep it simple,

Actually never mind all of that. Shorter version: Soldiers Gear, Scepter/focus, staff, Stability (Stand your ground), Wall of Reflect, and "Retreat!" A lot of the fun I've had with fractals came from figuring out junk on my own.

Also, being a Charr makes you 10% more badass than everyone else, and 20% more badass than all the lowly hoomins you'll be running into.

Taffer

If really depends on how much you like the skin. Tier 1 armour's just under 3G total, normally quite an investment if it's your first character but 15G is enough to sail all the way to 80 without worry. Have a look at the Tier 2 outfit and see if you'd rather save for that ( usable at level 60) instead.

Mxrz

Oh right.

And the most important fractals tip.

NEVER let anyone else host.

F'ing idiot just tried to "Swap to guardian!" at the Grawl Shaman. Oh well, it was shitty group anyway. A nearly *done* shitty group, of course.

Proven

I mean the following - if I want a mixed set of cultural/dungeon armors from the new vendor, I HAVE to buy the WHOLE sets. For example - I want the Tier 3 Human Cultural Light Armor chest and leggings, the Citadel of Flame boots and gloves and the helmet and shouders from the Arah dungeon. To get these items, I need to buy all 3 sets, which will cost me a total of 100 000 glory and 80 gold!!! It's just ridiculous.
That's why they should allow us to get only individual parts of said armor set, like only the chest or the leggings.
I'm sad to say I didn't even consider this. I'm not a mixing set type of person. They probably didn't consider it either.
Rewatch the Stream again, and at one point(around the 25min mark), when they are demonstrating the luck drops, that clown Hugh, bought few mystery boxes, and they turned just as another rank/win chests, which everyone have few stacks of.
He also said there was a low chance at something good, but the chances of it actually being considered good by the playerbase is even lower.

Actually, I'm getting only positive posts in my suggestion to compensate previous solo/team arena wins:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/pvp/Compensate-the-already-won-Solo-Team-arenas

Too bad, that's pretty much all we can do on the matter. :/ I tried to contact Grouch via ingame pm, but he was streaming the 2v2 tournament, so I didn't want to disturb him.
I was busy all weekend, but I ran by GAF yesterday and posted in that thread last night.

I think it's more about the work involved. Adding an entire new weapon archtype is not a small deal.
Don't forget the traits. New weapons mean new trait support. Although this also gives them an excuse to drop some of the traits no one likes.

Why would you add new weapons when some of the existing ones are useless/broken and the traits need to be overhauled? They need to do the opposite of adding new shit when the stuff they already have needs more attention.

Because people have been complaining: "WE WANT NEW SKILLS! YOU PROMISED US! YOU PROMISED US!" And creating new skills isn't mutually exclusive with balancing current skills.

Ashodin

So Wintersday looks like it'll be even more fun than last year, they're really improving some stuff, and adding some new stuff, which is awesome like the donation army.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been experimenting with Microsoft's gif looping algorithm:

golemgolem0jixg.gif
Man that's awesome.
Damn, when I read posts like this, I always realize that you guys are playing this game on a whole different level. Makes me think: what the hell have I wasted 400 hours on???
I'm quite sure those who you're referring to easily eclipse 400 hours a few times over ;) There's a lot of depth to be had by those who seek it, that tons of players, perhaps even most, will never be touched.

It's funny, I've had friends in from out of town and barely played Sunday and didn't play yesterday... then bam it's patch day and I'm definitely feeling the itch. Gonna be doing mostly Wintersday stuff tonight but I really feel like squeezing in a CoE run, if anyone is interested.

Man that's awesome.

I'm quite sure those who you're referring to easily eclipse 400 hours a few times over ;) There's a lot of depth to be had by those who seek it, that tons of players, perhaps even most, will never be touched.

It's funny, I've had friends in from out of town and barely played Sunday and didn't play yesterday... then bam it's patch day and I'm definitely feeling the itch. Gonna be doing mostly Wintersday stuff tonight but I really feel like squeezing in a CoE run, if anyone is interested.

Count me in for a CoE run later tonight after 9pm or 10pm...if that is doable for you. If you want to run it earlier go ahead and do not wait for me.

Sonicbug

Hi Gaf Guild. I've been playing GW2 for about 2 months, since I picked up a new computer and wanted to try out something modern to play on it.

My main is only about level 67, but I'd like to throw my influence points toward something greater than I. (I would like to take part in some larger stuff at some point, I still feel like a stranger in a strange land.)

I planned ahead and I'm already on Stormbluff. My ID is Sonicbug.7341 if anyone would like to drop my an invite. I'll try not to embarrass myself too badly!

swnny

I'm sad to say I didn't even consider this. I'm not a mixing set type of person. They probably didn't consider it either.

He also said there was a low chance at something good, but the chances of it actually being considered good by the playerbase is even lower.

I was busy all weekend, but I ran by GAF yesterday and posted in that thread last night.

And that's what I call an oversight. And that's one of the smallest design flaw you can notice in their "total overhaul". If I start analyze every other thing about these changes, I'm sure I'll be able to prove that there is only ONE person working on this reward revamp, and he is doing so in his breaks/spare time. Every decision so far is just unprofessional and only proves how little they care about sPvP and its player base.

I said it in the forum thread about compensating ranked games, will say it again here - thanks for the support on the matter. I'll do my best to get a response out of Anet, even if I have to get on their nerves about it.

Oh, and there is a 2013 retrospective post on the site:

After December 10, there will be just four releases left in the current major world story arc, which we like to think of as season one of the Living World. There are some major unanswered questions that remain: What is Scarlet trying to do? What is the motivation behind her actions? What are the “do not touch” devices? What will Scarlet do with the knowledge she has gained from her various collaborations? The answers to all of these questions, and one epic finale that will rock Tyria to its very core, await you in 2014.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-2013-the-year-in-review/

I'm already ready for disappointment, unless its Cantha or Elona.

Hi Gaf Guild. I've been playing GW2 for about 2 months, since I picked up a new computer and wanted to try out something modern to play on it.

My main is only about level 67, but I'd like to throw my influence points toward something greater than I. (I would like to take part in some larger stuff at some point, I still feel like a stranger in a strange land.)

I planned ahead and I'm already on Stormbluff. My ID is Sonicbug.7341 if anyone would like to drop my an invite. I'll try not to embarrass myself too badly!

Logged in from work and added you.

Welcome to the guild.

So, I started playing pretty recently, and I don't know the story that well. Where should I look it up? The wikia? The official site?

Living World Summary: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_summary

Storyline in GW2: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personal_storyline

Lore: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lore

Yeah so mostly wiki.

Want to know more about GW1 and GW2 connections and summaries...WoodenPotatoes on youtube has a lot of videos on that stuff. Check out his channel if you want to learn more.

nataku

Anyone know if the reactor story mode is disappearing today? I haven't logged in to play for a couple weeks, so I never did that.

I'd assume it won't, but...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, I started playing pretty recently, and I don't know the story that well. Where should I look it up? The wikia? The official site?
Sort of depends what you're looking for. What Kos is referencing are these weird machines that are throughout the world right now that say "Do Not Touch" and shock you. They're a total mystery at this point.

This will kind of take you through the post-launch developments if you're interested in learning everything: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_summary
Anyone know if the reactor story mode is disappearing today? I haven't logged in to play for a couple weeks, so I never did that.

I'd assume it won't, but...
Not sure, actually. It would be great if someone could check if the "Fractured" Meta is still live when the patch hits today; if so I imagine the story fractal instance is still around too.

Sort of depends what you're looking for. What Kos is referencing are these weird machines that are throughout the world right now that say "Do Not Touch" and shock you. They're a total mystery at this point.
Yeah, I was talking about the story in general, the links you both posted are perfect, thanks a lot!

Lunar15

So it sounds like Scarlet will continue to be our main antagonist, even in Season 2. At least, that's what I gather when Colin mentions that we're building up to the reveal of Scarlet's motivations. I'd assume that season 1 ends with her real plans revealed, and season 2 deals with countering them.

Well, at least knowing her motivations is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom