• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to today's PA, I now have a term for people who keep playing a thing while simultaneously constantly bitching about how it's horrible the worst game ever and nobody sane would play it: hate-players.

I used to be like that with a certain third person medieval melee game and Guild Wars 2 at some point.

I quit playing the former and learned to like the latter for the things it did right.

From my experience if you are "hate-playing" you likely have some issues in your life unrelated to the game that are a cause for a large amount of stress.

Shiokazu

I used to be like that with a certain third person medieval melee game and Guild Wars 2 at some point.

I quit playing the former and learned to like the latter for the things it did right.

From my experience if you are "hate-playing" you likely have some issues in your life unrelated to the game that are a cause for a large amount of stress.

is it what happens to the dota/lol players?

is it what happens to the dota/lol players?

Nah, that's an entirely different phenomenon, known as "the trench" - where you're skilled enough not to suck, but not skilled enough to stop blaming failures on everyone else.

S1XTv8a.jpg

You see this in sPvP too.

Now now, let's be nice. It is a week before Christmas after all.
It doesn't really feel like Christmas where I'm at. No corporate Xmas theme songs, no advertising or holiday carolers, not even any lots of trees for sale.

Nope, just pleasantly warm weather and a quiet neighborhood overlooking the sea.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas where I'm at. No corporate Xmas theme songs, no advertising or holiday carolers, not even any lots of trees for sale.

Nope, just pleasantly warm weather and a quiet neighborhood overlooking the sea.
We have too many Floridians in GAF.

I want a summer Christmas at least once in my life.

Retro

Honestly, it doesn't feel like Christmas here either. I haven't put up the tree yet, nor have I watched A Christmas Story (kind of an annual thing). We sent out Christmas cards to my family simply because waiting any longer meant they'd be late. We had some snow last week, but it's almost all gone, and because of that week I was out of town, money is kind of tight (and what few gifts Meg and I did buy, we already exchanged because for some reason I am incapable of letting her wait).

We have too many Floridians in GAF.

That just means you have to spend less money traveling around to assassinate them.

I want a summer Christmas at least once in my life.

Hey, that gives me an idea... road trip? I know a few people places we could hit.

I too want to experience something foul and horrible.

Being married to me isn't enough?

Ashodin

Honestly, it doesn't feel like Christmas here either. I haven't put up the tree yet, nor have I watched A Christmas Story (kind of an annual thing). We sent out Christmas cards to my family simply because waiting any longer meant they'd be late. We had some snow last week, but it's almost all gone, and because of that week I was out of town, money is kind of tight (and what few gifts Meg and I did buy, we already exchanged because for some reason I am incapable of letting her wait).

That just means you have to spend less money traveling around to assassinate them.

Hey, that gives me an idea... road trip? I know a few people places we could hit.

Being married to me isn't enough?

You gotta keep that toilet flushed bro.

I'm farther south now, I could conceivably visit Hawkian and his spacious house.

It's cold where I am, but it does not feel like Christmas at all. Everyone around me is in the holiday spirit and I'm like eh let's get this yr over with.

Shiokazu

Nah, that's an entirely different phenomenon, known as "the trench" - where you're skilled enough not to suck, but not skilled enough to stop blaming failures on everyone else.

S1XTv8a.jpg

You see this in sPvP too.

I left the trench years ago. HORAAAY now everything makes much more sense.

oh, bad news here...

i dont have money to get a new cooler, and summer begins here... which means, the devil itself is coming to spend some time in my town, and he brought hell with him.

meaning its hot as fuck and my computer dont have as much refrigeration as it has right now.
im working right now on ways to revert the situation, tomorrow i'll have to make some summer cleaning, and stuff.

this is sad, specially because the computer completely froze due to overheating today when i was playing.

Einbroch

Banned
Have the next two weeks completely off, gonna fire this up over the break and try to get back into it. Haven't played since...April? I think?

Gonna be interesting.

Florida? Aw heeell no. I'm in Chile dude.
What are you doing living down there?

So that legionnaire sword is just a random drop it seems. There are plenty on tp from 1-3gold. Probably get one for my Charrdian.

@Einbroch
Let us know here if you need an invite to the guild. If you played in April and were in the guild you should be fine but just incase let us know.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I too want to experience something foul and horrible.
It's not that bad. I can't make a snowman but I also don't need to fear for my life during my daily commute.
I'm farther south now, I could conceivably visit Hawkian and his spacious house.
I don't have one of those. Though I will be house/dogsitting for my sister next week and she does. :D
Are there guild missions again this Saturday? Had fun last week.
Every Saturday night at 9:00PM EST. This week will have our first weekly lottery drawing.

Officers, please have a look on the Officer Lounge to read over my proposed lotto rules.
What are you doing living down there?
Making bank off of cloth :p

Lunar15

The stretch of I-95 from PGA to Miami is actually considered one of the most dangerous roads in America.

I travel on it every day.

Therefore, I'm a badass.

Well don't drive to Miami then. Sheesh you people need everything spelled out! ;D

I try to avoid it but honestly I can't depend on Amazon for everything. The locals on this island are staunchly protective of their local businesses. The problem is most of the local businesses (that aren't restaurants or bars) close down or have awful selection. The biggest stores they've allowed are Publix, Winn Dixie and Kmart! I never would have thought I'd miss Best Buy, Target, Barnes & Noble, even Wal Mart!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't you just put GW2? Like is it top games you played in 2013, or it supposed to be limited to games that came out in 2013?

I don't know if it's stipulated in the thread, but if it counts I'd definitely consider GW2 one of my top games for 2013. Even just considering the new/living story stuff that I played through it would be a lot of enjoyment, but factoring that in on top of how much time I've spent with the core game, much of which has also been improved this year, it'd just be dishonest for me not to include on a list like that.

However, if it's just supposed to be games that came out in 2013 I actually don't think GW2 Living Story really counts as an answer.

Can't you just put GW2? Like is it top games you played in 2013, or it supposed to be limited to games that came out in 2013?

I don't know if it's stipulated in the thread, but if it counts I'd definitely consider GW2 one of my top games for 2013. Even just considering the new/living story stuff that I played through it would be a lot of enjoyment, but factoring that in on top of how much time I've spent with the core game, much of which has also been improved this year, it'd just be dishonest for me not to include on a list like that.

However, if it's just supposed to be games that came out in 2013 I actually don't think GW2 Living Story really counts as an answer.

I really think these top 10 lists should be about games played that year not games played that came out that year. What if you play 10 games that year that are all terrible?

Anyway hope they don't think I'm trolling by including it.

I really think these top 10 lists should be about games played that year not games played that came out that year. What if you play 10 games that year that are all terrible?

Anyway hope they don't think I'm trolling by including it.

I was going to put GW2 as it is my most played PC game but, technically it didn't release in 2013 so I thought it probably wouldn't count.

I do agree that top games list should not be year specific. Usually it works out that there are really good games worth voting for but, games that have staying power should be able to win multiple times.

EDIT: GW2 is not listed in the games eligible for voting.

Retro

Ten Ton Hammer: Guild Wars 2: MMO of the Year (again)
When it came to selecting our Best MMO of 2013, there was little debate amongst our writing team. We all agreed that Guild Wars 2 remains the industry leader and is the one MMO that we all consider to be most worthy of our biggest award of the year. While the core game is still one of the best we've seen in recent years, the team at ArenaNet has continued to impress us and turn a lot of heads in the industry with its unprecedented series of Living Story updates.

Not only has the PvE in Guild Wars 2 continued to evolve throughout the year, but ArenaNet has left no stone unturned through a series of regular improvements and refinement to both competitive PvP and the massive World versus World system. It's for these reasons and many more that Guild Wars 2 was selected as our Best MMO of 2013, a title held by the game now for two consecutive years. (source)

To be fair, the competition was pretty light.

Guild Wars 2 also took "Best Expansion" for Super Adventure Box from Massively, as well as being nominated for the "Best Trend" award for the Living Story's cadence. On the negative side, they also listed the Living Story as a nominee for "Biggest disappointment" and their PR was nominated as as "Biggest Blunder", but those went to Dust514 and "Traditional sub models", respectively.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Two queries (bumping for post-work visibility):

1) CoE Tonight? Who's in?

2) Is anybody up for a weekly Fractal Friday? Fridays at 6:00ish PM EST, get a group to do whatever level it takes to advance everyone? I've been getting back into them and schooling the little wee fractallers in the low levels in fun and rewarding, but I'd like to actually progress into Mistlock territory and high-level pugs have a tendency toward obnoxiousness.

Retro

Having some issues with Mumble at the moment, our server address now leads to someone else's mumble server.

If you happen to connect, no, we did not add a bunch of gay / lesbian chatrooms. That's the wrong server now.

Will post updates as I get them.

Rnr1224

Hey everyone! im having trouble redeeming a Gem card that i got from amazon. The card came in a case from amazon and now i am not able to redeem it. When i enter the code in the prompt, the redeem button is not clickable. It only becomes available to click after 24 characters, of which the code is 20 (5 sets of 4). what am i doing wrong?

Retro

Hey everyone! im having trouble redeeming a Gem card that i got from amazon. The card came in a case from amazon and now i am not able to redeem it. When i enter the code in the prompt, the redeem button is not clickable. It only becomes available to click after 24 characters, of which the code is 20 (5 sets of 4). what am i doing wrong?

I don't think anyone here can help you with that, you'll probably have to go with customer support. The good news is, they're usually pretty quick.

Ceres

Banned

You sure you're entering it in the right place? The Redeem Code box only requires 11 characters before redeem becomes active. There's also an Item Code button but that's 25 characters and I believe for redeeming specific items for give aways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom