• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Theory: Scarlet's possessed by Mordremoth (Jungle Dragon) not Primordous. Also Mordremoth is red colour not green, the briar(thorns) wrapped around the Pale Tree is representing the dragon not Scarlet.

Quite from her journal. I think that is the hint that it has to do with the jungle dragon. Pale Tree is a Glint equivalent and Mordremoth wants to destroy it. Mordremoth knows the pact forces made up of vigil, Drummond and whispers with the help of lions arch killed zhaitan so he wants scarlet to attack their strongholds so that the pact can't kill him when he emerges.

woah. I hadn't connected the attacks on LA/Whispers/Vigil/Durmond with Mordremoth wanting to take out the pact before showing up. Noice.

Korten

Banned
While we're on the subject, people demanding new zones don't seem to understand that after they're completed, the content just sits there and you have another part of the world nobody goes to any more. I mean, as cool as the zone is, how many of us would be in Labyrinthine Cliffs on a regular basis if it were still in game? It's fun as a temporary thing, but beyond easy access to karma vendors for cooking there's not much reason to regularly visit. Having it gone for a year makes it special when it returns.

I'd much rather they revisit old zones ala Kessex Hills and give them a purpose for revisiting. Even if it was temporary, you can't say Kessex was empty when the tower was up. I'd love to see them use the Living World to tweak multiple zones at once. For example, have a chapter where the various bandit gangs in the human zones start to work together and take over bigger chunks of the map, opening up new hideouts (open world dungeons, ala the Tower), parts of a new zone, and lots of new events. Throw in achievements and some unique bandit-themed loot and you've got people in those zones, guaranteed.

Honestly though, they need to make new zones. As much as I would love to see each zone get a make over or some living story stuff. Eventually it will be kind of boring if there is no new places to explore. I want to go south into the Crystal desert, the Blood Legion homelands, the Ring of Fire... See what else has been going on in the last 250 years.

Jira

Honestly though, they need to make new zones. As much as I would love to see each zone get a make over or some living story stuff. Eventually it will be kind of boring if there is no new places to explore. I want to go south into the Crystal desert, the Blood Legion homelands, the Ring of Fire... See what else has been going on in the last 250 years.

What Colin told me last year was they don't want to go to other areas until their current world is up to snuff from a rewards standpoint. They don't want to release say Ring of Fire and it be so much better than any other part of the base game and kill everything else. That was what they were working on last year, solidifying reward systems across the entire game no matter where you decided to play. Question is do they feel they're done at this point and are moving on or do they still feel there's more work to be done? The last thing they want is for their 5 years of work to just die when they release a new section of the world. As I said earlier, they're trying to address issues that no other MMO dev has managed to solve so it'll take some time.

Theory: Scarlet's possessed by Mordremoth (Jungle Dragon) not Primordous. Also Mordremoth is red colour not green, the briar(thorns) wrapped around the Pale Tree is representing the dragon not Scarlet.

Quite from her journal. I think that is the hint that it has to do with the jungle dragon. Pale Tree is a Glint equivalent and Mordremoth wants to destroy it. Mordremoth knows the pact forces made up of vigil, Drummond and whispers with the help of lions arch killed zhaitan so he wants scarlet to attack their strongholds so that the pact can't kill him when he emerges.

What you talkin about Luftar?
4148830036_tumblr_lmlwttWudc1qzwnso_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Why must everything happen while I'll be at work. Ugh. Do this again tomorrow xeris since I'll be off.

He set the event for Thursday, not tomorrow. Unless you meant you'll be working on Thursday...

Jira

What you talkin about Luftar?
4148830036_tumblr_lmlwttWudc1qzwnso_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

He set the event for Thursday, not tomorrow. Unless you meant you'll be working on Thursday...

I seemed to have missed the Thursday part...but yes I will be though I'd only be an hour late to it so hopefully it's still going. However, with EOTM being out I'm unsure what is going to be happening.

woah. I hadn't connected the attacks on LA/Whispers/Vigil/Durmond with Mordremoth wanting to take out the pact before showing up. Noice.
Also dragon being red explains the ceiling painting. Most people expect Mordremoth to be green because of he is the jungle dragon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
modremoth indeed seems like a given. i don't mind cause it's the only dragon I have no even imagination of what it looks like

Well, I came up with a good use for the near dozen experience scrolls from birthday presents. Using one on a new character gives you 16 skill points, from there you can do a couple quick skill challenges to make 20 and buy an augur's stone for making an ascended weapon.

Proven

Well, I came up with a good use for the near dozen experience scrolls from birthday presents. Using one on a new character gives you 16 skill points, from there you can do a couple quick skill challenges to make 20 and buy an augur's stone for making an ascended weapon.

Don't you get 20 skill points anyway if you're above level 20?

Retro

Puzzle was piece of cake, Challenge was child's play, Bounty was a breeze, Rush was really god damn horrible, as is tradition (we got Spider, aka "At least it's not Karka").

Congratz to Asteria de Ursa on the 10g door prize and Star Mie on the 110g Jackpot!

Makeup Missions will be held at 3pm Eastern tomorrow, attendance permitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehCc-1Ir-Vk dedicated to the GAFguild and all the GAFers

You have excellent taste in Final Fantasies.

ohhhhhhhh man

this game is fun

Nope, it's dead, guild is dead, cancel your subscription.

Aomber

I suddenly have quite the urge to jump into this game again. Haven't touched in moooooooooooooonths because I've been so caught up in other stuff.

Shiokazu

Puzzle was piece of cake, Challenge was child's play, Bounty was a breeze, Rush was really god damn horrible, as is tradition (we got Spider, aka "At least it's not Karka").

Congratz to Asteria de Ursa on the 10g door prize and Star Mie on the 110g Jackpot!

Makeup Missions will be held at 3pm Eastern tomorrow, attendance permitting.

You have excellent taste in Final Fantasies.

Nope, it's dead, guild is dead, cancel your subscription.

Thanks. VI is my favorite, im still recovering from what SEQX made with the game in their last shit try to get money.

urg, turns up i could have participated in missions today. GF aggroed then she had to go very early. after it i just went to practice the violin.

Proven

Can't use them after level 20. As you can imagine, it really curtails thier usefulness.

I had to go double check for myself. That was a mistake.

So now I have 3 three of those sitting in my bank where before I had 2 and was saving them for when I might be in desperate need of skill points.

And I still have 5 other characters with birthday boxes sitting in their mailboxes...

Retro

Make-up Missions will be starting after the 3pm Marionette attempt. So far we have 6 people who need comms, if people aren't busy watching the pre-pre-pre-game show, volunteers would be awesome.

Snowman

So me and a couple friends impulse bought this game just now and we literally know nothing about it. Can we all play together from early on even if we all play different races/professions and stuff? (Waiting for it to download before we all get on and play tomorrow)

hythloday

So me and a couple friends impulse bought this game just now and we literally know nothing about it. Can we all play together from early on even if we all play different races/professions and stuff? (Waiting for it to download before we all get on and play tomorrow)

Totally! Once you are out of the brief tutorial instance, click the little crossed swords icon at the top f your UI. Click it and go to the Heart of the Mists (PVP lobby). From there you can take a portal to Lion's Arch, which is the main hub city and contains portals to the other major cities.

Retro

As Hythloday mentioned, head to the Heart of the Mists and after a brief tutorial (which I believe you can skip) you'll be in Lion's Arch, the unofficial center of the world. That's where you can all meet up, and a place you'll get used to visiting often as it's become the designated hang-out spot for everyone.

Near the center of the map are five purple swirl icons; these are teleportation gates that lead to the capitol cities for each race. When you do decide to play together, you'll want to head through one of those and out into the world at large, since all of the zones that Lion's Arch naturally connects to are too high level for starting players.

Other than that, here's some useful tips:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=70635131&postcount=325

FYI the NeoGAF guild is on Stormbluff Isle server incase you and your friends wanted to be on same one as majority of posters on this thread.

We're EU if that makes a difference?
There are some eu in the guild (myself being one of them). I haven't encountered any problem regarding lag; the only downside is that the "peak" hours, where there's a lot of people on (which is kinda necessary a couple events) are after midnight. Apart from this minor thing, there are no problem whatsoever! Feel free to ask though :D

Where are you from? I'm Italian.

Stormbluff Isle is a NA server but a lot of EU guys have transferred over so they can play with the rest of us.

Guild Wars 2 has a guestig feature but it only works between servers in the same region.

If you have already chosen an EU server and want to change into Stormbluff Isle, easiest was is to delete your characters from account and when you start over you can select an NA server.

Retro

As others have said, there's a large group of EU players who play on NA servers with little to no problems. In fact, we even established a Transfer Fund to help buy gems for people who wanted to move over to Stormbluff Isle who rolled on Gendara early on or just discovered GAFGuild after playing on EU servers. Part of that is because the EU chapter of GAFGuild was abandoned by Naito and Mulligan, even after the former pushed really hard against the other officers' aims of a unified server and we didn't fight it as hard as we should have.

For what it's worth, a lot of the servers (Sea of Sorrows, Tarnished Coast, Fort Aspenwood) all claim "Unofficial Ocecanic server" status (Sea of Sorrows was at launch, but guilds have moved all over to try since then). Because of guesting, if you ever find yourself feeling like SBI is a little quiet, you can guest over to another server that's maybe more active at night.

Finally got Tailoring over 400. Looks like it gets expensive from here on out. Before I blow that kind of money, is it worth it? I definitely don't have anywhere near the amount of materials on hand to make the ascended gear...

Complistic

Finally got Tailoring over 400. Looks like it gets expensive from here on out. Before I blow that kind of money, is it worth it? I definitely don't have anywhere near the amount of materials on hand to make the ascended gear...

The stat increase isn't worth it really until you have everything else that you want first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom