• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This is the first game I play that actually has an active GAF community to speak of. Every other game (Defiance, Neverwinter to name two) have been dead, or near dead from the start. ^^

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No; they scale you up to 80 for whatever content is new. You'll have a harder time of it since you don't have an 80's gear or traits, but it's still doable.
Yeah in this particular case, it really barely has an impact. Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival, Aspect Arena, hunting for Sky Crystals etc. don't even use combat. The Candidate Trials would take advantage of it, but yeah surely you won't be excluded from that either, even at level 1. Definitely one of the best things about the game.
Every 5th post is Hawkian's.... Oh hey, look, new page!

c871d80be2ec4f879f88fcfca4143386.png

tsk tsk

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah in this particular case, it really barely has an impact. Sanctum Sprint, Southsun Survival, Aspect Arena, hunting for Sky Crystals etc. don't even use combat. The Candidate Trials would take advantage of it, but yeah surely you won't be excluded from that either, even at level 1. Definitely one of the best things about the game.

That's cool. :)

LkPr

Looks like may be a bug already ... when you first log in you get the candidates mail with the tokens. If you change zones it seems that these mails are disappearing.

So take your tokens before you zone once you log in.

Anno

I will create a class that uses a pistol specifically for using this skin. Holy crap that looks great. Bummed that rapier never showed up...

Lunar15

Dat pistol.

That's it, if I get the pistol skin, I'm going to roll a thief. Having that and the fractal pistol I got would make a pretty classy thief.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tier 1 kicked my ass after 26 enemies defeated. No skins for me it seems. =/
Well uh, you can group with people for it!

We really gotta get you transferred over. Please post your account name up in that transfer fund thread and I'll look in the coffers when I get a chance tonight.

Ah hell. A motherload of datamined stuff.

unlimited salvage sweight jaysus

MOTD on login?
Guild MOTD
109840_1006 Message of the day for ____: ____

Also teases of removing PvE culling, multiple new armor sets, and the LFG system yet again

Sophia

Tier 1 kicked my ass after 26 enemies defeated. No skins for me it seems. =/

In other news, Aspect Arena is rather fun.

I tried it out and got silver. It requires pretty good offense and crowd control if you're going to do it solo. Tier 1 and Tier 2 are definitely soloable tho.

109840_0728 You are considered Dishonorable because you've repeatedly abandoned your team during rated PvP matches. You may not participate in PvP until this effect expires.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that applies to more than just Tourney play.

jersoc

got first place in the southsun survivor and my rose.

today was a good day.

i usually finish top 3 unless i get unlucky with flora traps. i figure it's best the not run to the center right away. grab the nearest flora and find supplies asap.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't wait to play around with P/D now that Shadow Strike has torment. I might try to theme my condition build around it :D

Cels

the support token buff lasts a maximum of 1 hr? or does it extend beyond that if you put multiple tokens in?

nvm i see how it works now. when you drop a token in you get a little button you can use at any time you wish. my concern was about being able to do an activity within the 60 min from when you drop the token but you don't get the buff until you use that consumable item.

so for example you could just do a fractals run and then at the end when you are about to kill jade maw, activiate the button to show your support and get the achievement.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Well uh, you can group with people for it!

We really gotta get you transferred over. Please post your account name up in that transfer fund thread and I'll look in the coffers when I get a chance tonight.

Done!

The datamined stuff... awesome.

Magitech armour? lol.

Katoki

May pick up the medium set for the coat/skirt combo just for kicks. Not incredibly interested this time around and I'm also more heavily invested in the elementalist than the thief as of right now.

Lunar15

DAT HEAVY ARMOR.

Oh my goodness I want a set like that so bad. It's clearly the female Braham set. Ugh, that's exactly what I want norn heavy armor to be. PUT IT IN THE GAME NOW, ANET.

Sorian

Banned
GAF, my character is a baby level 40 thief. Will you guys still play horde mode with me? (Not now, I'm at work but I'll be on a lot tomorrow.)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DAT HEAVY ARMOR.

Oh my goodness I want a set like that so bad. It's clearly the female Braham set. Ugh, that's exactly what I want norn heavy armor to be. PUT IT IN THE GAME NOW, ANET.
Yeah, the sets are Phoenix (Kasmeer's, new male), Braham's (...Braham's, new female), and Magitech (never seen).
What's the secret to challenge lvl 4? Did I just end up in a group with shitty dps, or are you not supposed to the veterans?
Who knows, it's been like 4 hours. Remember when it used to take a whole DAY for someone to be the first to complete a new challenge?

edit: They must be building the Royal Terrace in that spot in DR guys.

Interesting, I was on DR after a long time not being there, I tried to jump inside the hole, but was not possible, hope its related to the next update.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, I wish the armor looked as cool as the weapons. Not to say the armor is bad, but weapon designs are on a total other level.

Some fun concepts in the new content. Placed 2nd overall in my 1st game of the Aspect Arena. And I've done horribly in the limited PvP mini games I've done before this. The trials seem fun too. Hope to get some GAF group going and really knock some out.

Ashodin

Some fun concepts in the new content. Placed 2nd overall in my 1st game of the Aspect Arena. And I've done horribly in the limited PvP mini games I've done before this. The trials seem fun too. Hope to get some GAF group going and really knock some out.

Only the trials can be done with guildies. The other two are random always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom