• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Zhaitan before or after Arah Story? As I still need Arah Story on my ranger.

Arah Story Mode, is technically the 'final mission' in Personal Story. Once your personal story reaches the 'kill Zhaitan' phase, the only way to complete it is to do Arah Story.

The Personal Story mission name is Victory or Death.

Which reminds me: the sheer amount of effort put into the Personal Story, 70% of it most people will never see, is crazy.

doaX6.png.

daedalius

Clicked, looks awesome.

Really need to level up faster, I imagine the LA stuff is probably only for max level :(

also signed up for the wildstar beta, looks pretty neat, reminds me of borderlands.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Heh, thanks guys. I'll see about what time I can get on, as I'm limited by by ISP's GW2 throttle (thank you BT!) and my late night work hours.

Excited for the update too. :D

There are four more updates in this "chapter" of the living story, right? Well, three after today I guess.

Heh, thanks guys. I'll see about what time I can get on, as I'm limited by by ISP's GW2 throttle (thank you BT!) and my late night work hours.

Excited for the update too. :D

There are four more updates in this "chapter" of the living story, right? Well, three after today I guess.

Nope, just one left after this one. The next update will be the Season Finale.

The "four final chapters" are The Origins of Madness (Jan 21), the Edge of the Mists (Feb 4), Escape from Lion's Arch (today), and then whatever happens in two weeks.

Ah, now that makes more sense.

Anyways, I'm free for the next hour if anyone wants to hop on and attempt Zhaitan.

Risky - the patch might drop at any time now, which means lag, a forced client quit (after some time, but that time can vary), and general server instability as everyone rushes in. I would advise against it right now, personally.

John Ryan Twitter account has been gold today.

Can't wait to get home and try the update out later today.

See if I can finish all my work for today earlier so I can be home before update drops.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Risky - the patch might drop at any time now, which means lag, a forced client quit (after some time, but that time can vary), and general server instability as everyone rushes in. I would advise against it right now, personally.

Good advice. Later it is.

My ISP started traffic shaping in the middle of Shadow Behemoth, so I sure as heck can't play until later now. =/

Trying not to ruin it for myself, so i haven't looked into this update, but i hope it's not zerg content, please be instance party of 5 content, last time we had a zerg content in LA it was horrible the Karka content for the release of Fractals was HORRIBLE...please anet don't repeat that shit again..

Jira

Trying not to ruin it for myself, so i haven't looked into this update, but i hope it's not zerg content, please be instance party of 5 content, last time we had a zerg content in LA it was horrible the Karka content for the release of Fractals was HORRIBLE...please anet don't repeat that shit again..

You do realize that was the very first large scale event they ever did right? They've done a ton of them since, have built tools specifically for them, and have had 18 months to learn why that went wrong in the first place. I mean Taco, Wurm, Twisted invasions, and Marionette all run fine other than tiny bits of lag here and there. It always baffles me when people think that because something happened one way one time that it will ALWAYS be like that. Pretty much the same crap prior to GW2's launch where people would constantly say well X happened in GW1 so it'll happen in GW2 too. NO, that's not how the world works.

And it's not going to be 5 man content, this is a world changing event meant for 100+ at once. ANet doesn't like to do instancing as it defeats the purpose of an MMO. They'll instance the initial part for you but you'll get kicked into the real LA after with everyone else.

Sadly, I have to go to work right before the update allllllll day long. Ugh.

daedalius

It should scale you up, just like other events have.

Awesome didn't know that, looking forward to checking it out then when my wife and I get home.

People in the "most annoying boss thread" were complaining about the boss at the end of the personal story, what's so bad about him?

Awesome didn't know that, looking forward to checking it out then when my wife and I get home.

People in the "most annoying boss thread" were complaining about the boss at the end of the personal story, what's so bad about him?

Nothing, really. A bit underwhelming perhaps, but it's a decent dungeon, if a touch too long. I've done it about 5 times now, and I tend to enjoy it each time.

Nothing, really. A bit underwhelming perhaps, but it's a decent dungeon, if a touch too long. I've done it about 5 times now, and I tend to enjoy it each time.

I so need to do Arah still. Heck, I need to finish out those last few personal story missions period.

I think there are a few story dungeons i've yet to do as well. SE, HotW, Arah, and one other I think, or at least I don't seem to have credit for. Might be TA.

played Marionette about 10 times, never won.

I think we beat it three or four times, with twice as many failures. There is always some guy who just doesn't follow directions and wipes your platform, resulting in a loss.

Like that lovely Asura Thief last night, who tried to run around ranging warden 5 with dual pistols. Kept pulling the mobs off the stack, and we wiped as a result.

daedalius

Welp got into the wild star beta, will check it out when wife and I aren't playing gw or borderlands 2 :p

Will report impressions if able. It's got a pretty high bar to beat gw2 IMO

Ceres

Banned
I so need to do Arah still. Heck, I need to finish out those last few personal story missions period.

I think there are a few story dungeons i've yet to do as well. SE, HotW, Arah, and one other I think, or at least I don't seem to have credit for. Might be TA.

I talked about this back in December or something and I still want to do it but just haven't had time lately. Pretty much I want to do a weekly event to go through every dungeon starting with a run through of all the stories in order and then each path 1 and then path 2, etc. I've only done maybe 3 story dungeons myself. Originally wanted to do it Saturday afternoons but might just need to start it as a Wednesday or Monday night thing because weekends are really tough for me.

I talked about this back in December or something and I still want to do it but just haven't had time lately. Pretty much I want to do a weekly event to go through every dungeon starting with a run through of all the stories in order and then each path 1 and then path 2, etc. I've only done maybe 3 story dungeons myself. Originally wanted to do it Saturday afternoons but might just need to start it as a Wednesday or Monday night thing because weekends are really tough for me.

If you do this I would be interested. I would like to go through all of them at least once.

Grudy

Anyone else really hyped for the updated that they don't want to do anything else in the game? I'm just sitting in LA waiting for the new build message in chat xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom