• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Guild Missions in 30 minutes!

This is fucking epic t1 server is another level, all i am seeing is 100man plus super zergs it fucking awesome...

If that's your cup of tea, that's great. Just be aware that the constant, always-on push to stay in Tier 1 can get old quick unless you're the type to dedicate yourself to something wholy. SBI did Tier 1. SBI hated what Tier 1 entailed (Politics, backstabbing, spying, harassment, etc.). SBI made a conscious effort to leave Tier 1.

I'm just saying, it's not always greener, nor is it ever green, on the other side. If WvW is your thing though, congratz on the new home.

You don't want to go to DR on Tarnished Coast. So I'm told.

Oh yeah, that's ERP territory. I recall a Reddit thread where it basically sounds like the RPers have just taken over DR and nobody else goes there because it covers the entire town.

Like I said, it was still tons of fun and now I'm itching to go back in for another to see even more new stuff.

For whatever reason one of my teams has scheduled a meeting from 4-8 PM PST today. That means I have to miss guild stuff for the fourth week in a row. UGH! Apparently we're meeting during spring break to do something like coax the 'epic' out of our game in the last run to gold. I'm all for committing to my work, but time off should be time off unless there's an emergency. Sorry :(

That sucks man, will you be able to make Sunday Makeups at Noon Pacific? If not, we can always hit up a (low level) fractal whenever you get on. I think you'd adore the Cliffside and Ascalonian ones. Blizzard is pretty neat too.

Dawg

what's your cpu? I have a 4770k but at 4.6 it runs unstable and I bluescreen. So I go at 4.4 and I saw significant improvement compared to stock 3.5

I think I'm gonna go for 4,2. I currently seem to be on stock which, according to CPU-Z, is 3,8Ghz for all cores.

I changed my energy settings to full performance (the same as unparking your cores) so my CPU runs at 3,8 at all times now.

Framerate seems somewhat better but I still hit 45fps in Lion's Arch. Maybe that's normal though? Seem to be a lot of effects going on. I know it's not the huge amounts of players because nobody was around earlier (or, well, very few people).

4,2 is only a 0,4 increase though. I wonder if that will deliver a big boost.

Screen of fps:

gw01321klv.jpg

Guild Missions in 30 minutes!

If that's your cup of tea, that's great. Just be aware that the constant, always-on push to stay in Tier 1 can get old quick unless you're the type to dedicate yourself to something wholy. SBI did Tier 1. SBI hated what Tier 1 entailed (Politics, backstabbing, spying, harassment, etc.). SBI made a conscious effort to leave Tier 1.

I'm just saying, it's not always greener, nor is it ever green, on the other side. If WvW is your thing though, congratz on the new home.

Not concern with that man, not even in a guild, I play on my own, with no one telling me what to do, so these guilds can do whatever they want,Yaks Bend is pathetic right now, every day it's like this, 9pm est we out-manned got tired of that shit, at 5pm I had to be in que for 15mins...

TrounceX

After days of trying I finally got into Tarnish Coast, holy shit this server has a lot of people, there's an OF for Divinity's reach, that map was dead on Yaks bend..

This is fucking epic t1 server is another level, all i am seeing is 100man plus super zergs it fucking awesome...

Music to my ears. I'm glad you got into TC, it really is a great community. It's been over a year since I first transferred to T1 and I still sometimes have to sit back in awe at some of the fights. It's truly some next-gen shit.

Look for my guild [Choo] if you want to get some lootbags!

If you need the Mumble info or to be verified, or anything in general really, feel free to message me.

Music to my ears. I'm glad you got into TC, it really is a great community. It's been over a year since I first transferred to T1 and I still sometimes have to sit back in awe at some of the fights. It's truly some next-gen shit.

Look for my guild [Choo] if you want to get some lootbags!

If you need the Mumble info or to be verified, or anything in general really, feel free to message me.

I got a ton today, as usual RNG hate me, while this one dude was in there for 4 hours and got 2 ascended gear and 3 Exotics :(

Retro

hope yall are having a good time rocking missions tonight, sorry I had to miss it!

Just finished. A quick and flawless Quaggan challenge, followed by Langmar Estate Puzzle with ~7 minutes to spare, then we killed both Bwikki and Kamali for the bounty. Ended the night with a Spider Scurry for the third week in a row, but it went fairly well. Thanks for coming out, everyone! There was no Lottery this week, so if you bought tickets they will absolutely carry over to next Saturday.

Makeup Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / noon Pacific. Anyone who can volunteer to help out is greatly appreciated!

Tuesday is an Update, and as per this post , be sure to spend your Found Belongs and Heirlooms before then! This update is expected to be relatively small, to wrap up the Living Story season and probably lay the groundwork for what's to come.

As a heads up, my wife and I are going to be out of town next Saturday. I'm not 100% sure how late we'll be out, but hopefully back in time for missions.

I think I'm gonna go for 4,2. I currently seem to be on stock which, according to CPU-Z, is 3,8Ghz for all cores.

I changed my energy settings to full performance (the same as unparking your cores) so my CPU runs at 3,8 at all times now.

Framerate seems somewhat better but I still hit 45fps in Lion's Arch. Maybe that's normal though? Seem to be a lot of effects going on. I know it's not the huge amounts of players because nobody was around earlier (or, well, very few people).

4,2 is only a 0,4 increase though. I wonder if that will deliver a big boost.
It won't be a huge boost, but it should nonetheless be noticeable. Even better, however, is that hopefully you'll see less framerate variance and overall smoother gameplay (i.e., the frametimes). The smoke effects in this game are also known to tank the FPS.

i5-3570K @ 4.6 with your settings

With my settings

Edit: GW2 doesn't have a scalable UI independent of the render buffer, does it? I just tried 1440p downsampling on my 1080p TV and the result is glorious, but all text in the game is too small. Shame.

Proven

Don't forget to use up the Found Belongings tomorrow. Don't forget to use up the Found Belongings tomorrow. Don't forget to use up the Found Belongings tomorrow. You need those Tomes of Knowledge.

(I'm so going to forget)...

Retro

So I may not be able to make it to Mission Makeups at 3. I'm not sure if any of the other officers want to take a crack at leading them, but we have plenty queued up if you want to try. Sorry in advance to anyone who doesn't get their commendations, and thanks in advance to whomever may be on to lead them.

Glory too

Hmm? It was my understanding that Glory wasn't being removed entirely, just ways to earn it. Let me dig around to make sure because part of me thinks you're absolutely right now that I think on it.

Fake Edit: Here's the article:
Phasing Out PvP Glory

by John Corpening on February 13, 2014

Hello Tyria,

In the Player vs. Player Rewards Roadmap, we discussed how glory will be retired as a currency and we assured you that we would give advance warning as to when that would happen so you’d know how much time was left to finish up your goals. This post is to let you know that glory will no longer be awarded as of a maintenance build that is currently planned for March 18.

At that time we will also be removing all existing random reward chests from PvP. This means that all rank reward vendors will be removed and we will no longer be rewarding bonus chests for winning Solo and Team Arena matches. The bonus rank points that were awarded in these chests will become part of the end of match reward.

The glory vendor that was introduced in the December 10 build will remain until the new reward system is released in a later update so you’ll have an avenue to spend your existing glory, but we will be removing the Mystery Coffer from his selection of wares.

So you'll still be able to spend Glory, but it's going away as a mechanic you can earn. Still, not altogether an unwise idea to spend it now, since Mystery Coffers are pretty decent.

Proven

I believe Mystery Coffers were already removed a content patch or two ago. I could be confusing something. Still, I used up most of my glory already, but I think I need to do a few rounds tomorrow to get one last 18-slot bag.

Mxrz

So with glory boosters being deleted out of inventories, reckon the Chalice of Glory will go too? 5k glory isn't much, but if the item is just going to be deleted, might as well use it.

Zeroth

So with glory boosters being deleted out of inventories, reckon the Chalice of Glory will go too? 5k glory isn't much, but if the item is just going to be deleted, might as well use it.

I was actually thinking about that. Wish they could do a different booster for people who bought the Deluxe edition. Maybe a 5 month magic find booster.

A man can dream.

It took me a bit to get my act together but I was doing decently by the end.

Wasn't that hard either, was it? Aside from an initial stumble at Spider, mostly due to derping out and lag, we killed all remaining bosses including Kohler without a single wipe. I really wish more people would just *play* the dungeons, they're a lot of fun and a great place to learn which skills are effective where. I'm starting to think I should host a 'walk only' dungeon thing where we go through all the dungeons in order, and you have to do them walking, to emphasize taking time and giving people a chance to swap skills / listen to explanations.

Part of the problem is that people quickly move to grinding dungeons.

Yup. And grinding/farming leads to burnout/boredom, which leads to making a reddit account so you can complain how boring the game is, which leads to spending more time on reddit than playing the game, which leads to fedoras.

Don't grind, kids.

T1 server is fun, but i have notice a lot of exploiters, the desire to win and the lack of Anet giving a fuck players are just hacking their way to victory in the past 24 hours in have seen Redlake be exploited 7 times, Hills 3 times, Briar once....I saw this when i was on Yaks Bend but not to this level, one guild named Revel saw their Thieves exploit there way in the Redlake 3 times today..

Retro

Will we just get pvp items as random drops now?

Short Answer: Gold is the new reward, gear as a separate and distinct PVP element will cease to exist.

Long, Official Answer: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

T1 server is fun, but i have notice a lot of exploiters, the desire to win and the lack of Anet giving a fuck players are just hacking their way to victory in the past 24 hours in have seen Redlake be exploited 7 times, Hills 3 times, Briar once....I saw this when i was on Yaks Bend but not to this level, one guild named Revel saw their Thieves exploit there way in the Redlake 3 times today..

Report it? They can't really fix what they don't know about.

Retro

So do I buy gear with gold now?

I R confused.

Instead of PVP having a special currency (Glory) that is only used in PVP, you'll now gain experience and gold, just like in WvW and PVE.

The Gear you use in PVE and PVP will eventually be the same, or at least that's their goal. Not sure how it's going to work, but we'll probably get details pretty soon considering that will be part of the upcoming Feature Update.

Basically, just spend any glory you have now.

Shiokazu

here to report i wont be being much active this month due to the fact im not home. trip to see my girlfriend so lots of things to do.

but maybe if i can find a good place to keyboard and mouse i might pull off some GW2

HAVE A GOOD MONTH EVERYBODY!

Retro

here to report i wont be being much active this month due to the fact im not home. trip to see my girlfriend so lots of things to do.

but maybe if i can find a good place to keyboard and mouse i might pull off some GW2

Hey, have a good trip and we'll see you soon!

Instead of PVP having a special currency (Glory) that is only used in PVP, you'll now gain experience and gold, just like in WvW and PVE.

The Gear you use in PVE and PVP will eventually be the same, or at least that's their goal. Not sure how it's going to work, but we'll probably get details pretty soon considering that will be part of the upcoming Feature Update.

Huh. Will do.

Sounds like a huge mess honestly.

Retro

Huh. Will do.

Sounds like a huge mess honestly.

It is a little, though it's been something they've been talking about and telling people to get ready for since December. News does tend to fall through the cracks when the only way it's delivered is the launcher.

But the goal is to make less of a mess of things. If there's one nice thing about ArenaNet, it's that they're not afraid to take a hammer to things in the interest of making it better. This doesn't just apply to the obvious things (Lion's Arch), but to the various game mechanics as well. PVP is in a state right now and this is, I assume, one of the first steps to making it better.

It is a little, though it's been something they've been talking about and telling people to get ready for since December. News does tend to fall through the cracks when the only way it's delivered is the launcher.

But the goal is to make less of a mess of things. If there's one nice thing about ArenaNet, it's that they're not afraid to take a hammer to things in the interest of making it better. This doesn't just apply to the obvious things (Lion's Arch), but to the various game mechanics as well. PVP is in a state right now and this is, I assume, one of the first steps to making it better.

You add the new avenue to receive gear BEFORE taking away the old.

Doing it this way makes no sense at all.

Doesn't inspire confidence that their next way will make things better.

Retro

You add the new avenue to receive gear BEFORE taking away the old.

Doing it this way makes no sense at all.

They did. PVP has been dropping gold since the December 10th update. Everything since then has been a grace period for people who still have glory left.

Retro

So you can buy the pvp gear now? Yes or no?

My current gear is uglee.

If you have Glory, yes. Buy the chests from the old PVP vendor to the Left when you spawn in (Purple trophy icon, Copper / Silver / Gold <rank> Chest) or from the Glory Reward vendor on the right (same icon, PVP Mystery Coffer or use the tabs for Dungeon / Cultural armor). You can also just buy bags with Glory, which is what I did.

We don't know how gear will be handled just yet, but I highly doubt you'll lose anything. If you want PVP gear immediately though, those are your options.

And when I say "We'll know more soon", I mean probably before the end of the week.

Proven

I guess I should reiterate it again just in case.

You will not be able to earn new gear from PvP starting Tuesday. Unless you have leftover glory to buy things from vendors, leftover chests you never opened, or leftover crafting materials you're going to put into the mystic forge, you will only be left with what's in your PvP locker.

You will not be able to earn more glory. You will not get chests with gear from winning tournament matches. You will not get chests with glory or gear from ranking up. You will still earn rank points at an increased rate and you will get a reward for ranking up in the form of crafting materials, skill point scrolls, and level up scrolls. The exact amounts depend on your rank. You will still earn gold after every match. When the refugee bags are removed, there's a possibility there will be some other extra reward added to solo and tournament queue.

The feature build with the new PvP gear/reward system, balance changes, and who knows what else is still without a release date but expected to be in the next 5 weeks or the next 5 months, whenever it's ready. Based on a forum post, the hint was supposed to be the upcoming stream schedule.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Have a wonderful trip, Vil

_woLf

Dat feel when I finally have enough gold to buy a precursor...

...just to realize that the price of mats have gone up so much since I had last calculated everything months ago that it'd cost me another 600gold just to get them all.

I guess I will remain legendary-less. :/

Hyunashi

Dat feel when I finally have enough gold to buy a precursor...

...just to realize that the price of mats have gone up so much since I had last calculated everything months ago that it'd cost me another 600gold just to get them all.

I guess I will remain legendary-less. :/

Wait for precursor crafting, mats will spike even more.

Does that mean that someone with full ascended gear will have an advantage over someone with exotic gear?

The thing I like about the PVP now is how it's an even playing field stats wise. I need to hammer PVP the next day+ to use up some of my glory and boosters.

Does that mean that someone with full ascended gear will have an advantage over someone with exotic gear?

The thing I like about the PVP now is how it's an even playing field stats wise.
I think pvp stats will always default to the maximum stats you are able to get in pvp so that no one is overpowered just because they have more money.

This idea just allows you to keep using your awesome PvE set in pvp or vice versa. Stats on you armor will be controlled by the mode you are playing.

I think pvp stats will always default to the maximum stats you are able to get in pvp so that no one is overpowered just because they have more money.

This idea just allows you to keep using your awesome PvE set in pvp or vice versa. Stats on you armor will be controlled by the mode you are playing.

Sweet. I didn't want to lose that.

Retro

Sweet. I didn't want to lose that.

Yeah, I believe the way it will work is, you'll keep the same armor skin across all modes, the stats will just change depending on what mode you're in. I'm not sure what this means for the PVP amulets and such, but considering today is the last update before the Feature Update, we'll probably found out soon. Rather than "Soon™."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom