• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seil

That one is a bug, because the Plains of Ashford waypoints in question aren't "contestable," they just happened to be set that way for a single beta weekend finale. Ascalonian Catacombs waypoint has literally never been contested since launch and those should all be reopened.

Ah, I see. I assumed the first post was asking why the entire world outside of the citadel was absolutely littered with contested waypoints now, so figured the other posts were supporting that as a bug x.x My bad.

Shiokazu

I THINK i think people didnt atttended to shadow behemonth yesterday. somethng was weird with the areas around the swamp in queensdale. wtf is going on?

I have to wonder, what would you consider your "dream team" when it comes to dungeons and/or fractals.

Personally, I'd go for Guardian, Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmer, Elementalist.

But I'm all about utility.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just downloaded this game again to give it another shot since it seems Bioware just doesn't give a rats ass about the health of PVP on SWTOR. However, the game runs like ass on my system. Even on Best Performance settings I'm only getting around 20-25 fps.

For reference here are my specs:

i5-2500k OC'ed to 4.4
7950 @ OC'ed to 1075 GPU clock and 1450 Memory Clock
8gb ram

What's going on?
Hmm that actually sounds pretty crazy. You've got a better CPU than I do at a higher clock and the difference our GPUs wouldn't account for that kind of framerate at best performance. What resolution?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have to wonder, what would you consider your "dream team" when it comes to dungeons and/or fractals.

Personally, I'd go for Guardian, Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmer, Elementalist.

But I'm all about utility.
Tooootally depends on the run in question, which is why I so very love having multiple 80s I enjoy playing

Did the Arah PvP Path to get the Armor SET, but it only let me choose a single piece. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Oh well, I only wanted the chestpiece anyway:

URwovMF.jpg

http://a.pomf.se/efxqel.webm

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played Wildstar for 30 minutes. Entire time thinking why am I not playing Guild Wars. I am now playing Guild Wars.

SirKhalid

Did the Arah PvP Path to get the Armor SET, but it only let me choose a single piece. FALSE ADVERTISING!

Hey everyone,
This is a wording bug not a content issue. The design behind the dungeon tracks was that players would need to run the track multiple times to get the entire set of weapons and armor.
19 – weapons
18 – pieces of armor (6 light, 6 medium, and 6 heavy)
Upon completing a track you will get 3 weapons and 1 piece of armor all your choice including stat combo. Upon running the track multiple times you are able to either save tokens for legendary or use tokens to speed the process up of getting the full weapons/armor set you are working towards.
The fact the text says “set” is a mistake that we are going to update soon. Any other questions just let me know.

From the official forum.

Ceres

Banned
By the way. Going to either be late for WvW reset or not make it at all. Picking my parents up from the airport and their plane arrives 50m after match reset. Not feeling 100% so may just go to sleep when I get back.

Retro

You make it sound like you're forever alone. :p

Nope, I just meant that profession doesn't matter as long as the people I'm running with are friends. And since generally everyone in the guild is friendly, that usually means GAF runs = best runs. Seriously, we've been ridiculously lucky, I can count on one hand the number of disruptive members we've had to deal with. Over two years and at least 700 people (since we filled GAF, then GAFOverflow to ~230 people, and that's not even counting people who joined up after). A ridiculously good group of people.

The whole reason I'm playing GW2 so much is because of how I couldn't stand playing the FFXIV beta. If it weren't for FFXIV, I probably wouldn't be playing GW2.

I noticed a distinct uptick in the number of returning members when ESO released, even though it was in the middle of a dryspell for GW2. I think people see MMOs coming out and want to play one, but whatever recently-released game just has so many issues / lacking so many features / are just so laughably poor they don't satisfy. ESO, for example has a ridiculously-easy economy-destroying duping bug they've known about since Beta and has players running around with Billions of gold. They're going to have to pull the plug and completely reset everything from scratch. I saw a comment in the ESO thread just this morning about finally having a chance to sit down and play, but the game was undergoing maintenance. GW2 hasn't had any mentionable downtime since they added the wallet, I think? That was August of last year. FFXIV was unplayable because of queues to get into the server queues (the first FFXIV: ARR OT is almost 20,000 straight variations on "I can't log in!"). I expect Wildstar to be more of the same.

These kind of things remind people they already own GW2, don't have to re-sub, and when they find out it's loaded with new stuff to see and do? That usually scratches that ol' MMO itch nicely. Other games do a nice job of reminding people how fuckin' solid GW2 is.

Oh so we get three weapons from the dungeon set? Hrm I guess that makes it a less bitter pill to swallow. Sounds like its designed that by the time you get one full dungeon armor, you'd have all the weapons. Not too bad, I wonder if it overall saves time, given you'd have ALL the weapon skins. I know its really expensive to get one full dungeon armor anyway.

Edit: Anyway I'm a sad panda. Was running through the Aetherblade path FINALLY, finally got our way through to the final boss, and literally as we are walking into the room the internet cuts off because lolcomcast.
Soooo pissed. Internet still hasn't been up for two hours since. And yes I called, its their issue on their end.
If someone who's done the path before would be so kind as to join me in my second attempt later that would be FANTASTIC.

Oh so we get three weapons from the dungeon set? Hrm I guess that makes it a less bitter pill to swallow. Sounds like its designed that by the time you get one full dungeon armor, you'd have all the weapons. Not too bad, I wonder if it overall saves time, given you'd have ALL the weapon skins. I know its really expensive to get one full dungeon armor anyway.

In terms of Arah stuff, you get the following for finishing the Arah PVP path:

1 piece of armor
3 weapons
240 Arah tokens

It's actually pretty damn fair, especially as an alternative to actually doing Arah.

From what I can tell, every PvP Arena solo queue victory adds 3% to the total unlock path, and every loss adds 1%. You get a whole lot of other goodies along the way too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like TA Aether, if I can manage to stay awake at all I would be happy to go for that
In terms of Arah stuff, you get the following for finishing the Arah PVP path:

1 piece of armor
3 weapons
240 Arah tokens

It's actually pretty damn fair, especially as an alternative to actually doing Arah.

From what I can tell, every PvP Arena solo queue victory adds 3% to the total unlock path, and every loss adds 1%. You get a whole lot of other goodies along the way too.
In terms of raw "speed to acquire" this actually blows doing the dungeon out of the water for getting the gear you want. I'd actually disapprove except that it's appropriate since you couldn't get the gear in PvP reliably at all before, and because it's such a powerful incentive. I'm certainly considering doing that, though I'll have to run the Story Mode I suppose (is that unlock per character?)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
won't even be home from work in 3 hours and I have dinner after that, will see if I spy you online when I get on

edit: That was for HEX, somebody get this guy above an invite :>

Proven

So... I went and completed every single Daily achievement. So I will be screwed at reset if the bug isn't fixed. For some reason, I got it into my head that this would be for science.

I'll be back on at reset to PvP until it's WvW time. Maybe a little earlier. I'll jump on GAF Mumble when I do.

Ashodin

I like TA Aether, if I can manage to stay awake at all I would be happy to go for that

In terms of raw "speed to acquire" this actually blows doing the dungeon out of the water for getting the gear you want. I'd actually disapprove except that it's appropriate since you couldn't get the gear in PvP reliably at all before, and because it's such a powerful incentive. I'm certainly considering doing that, though I'll have to run the Story Mode I suppose (is that unlock per character?)

PVP is SO FUN NOW

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty pumped. As someone who never sought "reward" in terms of stuff from PvP (shit- this is me remembering I never managed to spend all my glory. Has it just evaporated?) and only hopped in for fun, the idea that I can get all kinds of goodies I might seek otherwise in PvE (along with plenty of fresh meat) is sweet gravy.

Ashodin

I'm pretty pumped. As someone who never sought "reward" in terms of stuff from PvP (shit- this is me remembering I never managed to spend all my glory. Has it just evaporated?) and only hopped in for fun, the idea that I can get all kinds of goodies I might seek otherwise in PvE (along with plenty of fresh meat) is sweet gravy.

We spent 2 to 3 hours with Callunah, Kos, and others PVPing out. SO MUCH FUN trash talking lol

Having done the new Jungle worm and Shadow B fights, i'm actually fairly impressed with them. Both are different, and in some ways, more exciting.

Interested to see how Fire Ele and Shaman have changed.

Currently taking the new lv 24 ranger to Brisban wildlands, trying to clear that zone in anticipation of season 2 of the LS. Been a long time since i've done anything in that zone, forgot how annoying the TP layout is.

Ashodin

Having done the new Jungle worm and Shadow B fights, i'm actually fairly impressed with them. Both are different, and in some ways, more exciting.

Interested to see how Fire Ele and Shaman have changed.

Currently taking the new lv 24 ranger to Brisban wildlands, trying to clear that zone in anticipation of season 2 of the LS. Been a long time since i've done anything in that zone, forgot how annoying the TP layout is.

And there's PEOPLE THERE

That Tooth of Frostfang i got last night will never sell :( i put it up for 740g last night and bunch of mofo already undercut the price by almost 100g, weeps..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You probably meant the Maw, but Fire Shaman is untouched, which is welcome by me- his absence from the new schedule meant that there's still the chance for even tiny groups to take him on at will. Weirdly, unless my call in map chat was really that effective, Ogre Wars got a huuuge crowd by its end despite the overarching Meta Event text having gone missing. I've yet to try Commissar, Eye of Zhaitan or Flame Temple Tombs (though not expecting much difference there) since the patch. Haven't done it yet personally, but I've heard the Fire Ele changes were welcome.

Shiokazu

You probably meant the Maw, but Fire Shaman is untouched, which is welcome by me- his absence from the new schedule meant that there's still the chance for even tiny groups to take him on at will. Weirdly, unless my call in map chat was really that effective, Ogre Wars got a huuuge crowd by its end despite the overarching Meta Event text having gone missing. I've yet to try Commissar, Eye of Zhaitan or Flame Temple Tombs (though not expecting much difference there) since the patch. Haven't done it yet personally, but I've heard the Fire Ele changes were welcome.

comissar... i think i had a problem with him earlier this week. had to call gaf and all.

Proven

My Dailies seem to have been reset.

Why are some of the PvP maps not in team arena?

They didn't get the blessing of the competitive community or weren't meant to be super serious maps. Even though they put up a leaderboard ranking for it and many players consider it their end game, ANet has never officially viewed Solo Queue as super competitive; it's just meant to be more competitive and structured than hotjoin.

The big issue with Skyhammer and Spirit Watch is that you can make builds dedicated to cheesing their map mechanics and players didn't like that. The hardcore (or at least most vocal) competitive community prefers Legacy of the Foefire the most.

Ashodin

My Dailies seem to have been reset.

They didn't get the blessing of the competitive community or weren't meant to be super serious maps. Even though they put up a leaderboard ranking for it and many players consider it their end game, ANet has never officially viewed Solo Queue as super competitive; it's just meant to be more competitive and structured than hotjoin.

The big issue with Skyhammer and Spirit Watch is that you can make builds dedicated to cheesing their map mechanics and players didn't like that. The hardcore (or at least most vocal) competitive community prefers Legacy of the Foefire the most.

Hooray!

So GAF anyone recruiting for a Guild? I've been inactive for quite a while, I will be honest I'll probably log in 3-4 times a week and that is at my best.(Job is just too stressful and I'm Australian so different times of availability)

I'm interested in the new content, like ascended gear and such but I never could do it solo,I did a bit of fractions and that was fun with a large group, I don't even know what to do.

I mean I want new better looking armour but all I got is the draconian set,I'm assuming to get new armour(That doesn't look bland) I need to do dungeons correct?

Hi, everyone. I’m here with an update.

Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate fixes for the bug affecting the stuck Daily Achievements today.

I understand that this is inconvenient, frustrating, and disappointing, particularly because a lot of you all play over the weekend and were probably looking to get some play time in and complete your dailies after the release of the Feature Patch. We apologize that this is affecting your game play experience.

We’re going to try and fix this at our next earliest opportunity, and that’s going to be early next week.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...hievement-bug-no-chests-dailies-stuck/3924559

First reply:

Fine, if dev team does not have time for this fix, I wouldn’t have time for this game either.

Retro

So GAF anyone recruiting for a Guild?

Erm, if you're asking if we have room for ya, we do. Just post your name.#### and we'll get you hooked up.

As for new armor: Dungeons, Karma Vendors, Gem Store, Personal Story, Crafting and just plain old luck are all proven ways of getting new armor skins. Salvage the hell out of everything and your wardrobe will start to fill up with skins (some of them fairly overlooked just because they're greens and blues).

Mxrz

I have no idea how traits are suppose to work on new characters now.

And it seems like my dailies reset tonight. Although, I haven't had a chance to test a dungeon yet.

* Yep, dungeons reset too. ANet is best Net.

Nothing like sitting in que seeing that you are number 5 and getting a network error that kicks you back to character select screen :(((( no WvW for me tonight..

Erm, if you're asking if we have room for ya, we do. Just post your name.#### and we'll get you hooked up.

As for new armor: Dungeons, Karma Vendors, Gem Store, Personal Story, Crafting and just plain old luck are all proven ways of getting new armor skins. Salvage the hell out of everything and your wardrobe will start to fill up with skins (some of them fairly overlooked just because they're greens and blues).

Rexar Hellscream is my main, Warrior@80, the rest of the characters are very low level, then I used the birthday boost to get them to level 20.

I would appreciate it if I do get an invite, however what I didn't get across is, is there room for someone such as me who isn't on frequently?

I know many Guilds require set number of days to be on, WvsW participation and other such things, nothing wrong with that, just I sometimes don't have time due to hectic work schedule.

Also thanks for the tip about salvaging, I got a new skin just now, I thought you automatically get the skin when you pick up the item, however it seems that is not the case.

GAF guild is pretty chill. I only represent and play with the guild on Saturday nights, and they've not kicked me out yet, so I think you're safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom