• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Coming back to game from almost exactly 1 year ago.

The hell happened to Lion's Arch?

Proven

New finisher, courtesy of Dulfy: http://gfycat.com/SilkyNearFireant

New blog post on the Tournament of Legends. Because 64 teams are set to play for each region, they're adding more rewards to the Tournament of Legends. Anyone in the top 32 (just win one game) gets the new finisher now, and anyone in the top 16 gets 77 Mystic Clovers. Because of the mass of signups (there were like 50 teams that had to be turned away because they didn't have the resources to expand the tournament beyond a single weekend for each region) they're planning the next Tournament of Legends ASAP and it will be held in June or July.

Another fun WvW reset night. The new minor traits on Necro are great too. With my unoptimized mostly Knight's set, I get 3k toughness while in Deathshroud. Now that Knight is in PvP with the actual Toughness main stat, I'm going to play with it a bit more.

Also: Arken with the DKO on Skyhammer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AiEEZtfR0A
Touchdown.
Nothing like sitting in que seeing that you are number 5 and getting a network error that kicks you back to character select screen :(((( no WvW for me tonight..

That sucks.

I just downloaded this game again to give it another shot since it seems Bioware just doesn't give a rats ass about the health of PVP on SWTOR. However, the game runs like ass on my system. Even on Best Performance settings I'm only getting around 20-25 fps.

For reference here are my specs:

i5-2500k OC'ed to 4.4
7950 @ OC'ed to 1075 GPU clock and 1450 Memory Clock
8gb ram

What's going on?
20-25 fps is normal in any of the major racial cities, if that's where you get that fps. Anytime there is more than 25 players on your screen, I would say 30 fps is a good target.

But anywhere else you should easily get 60 fps on high settings. Update the R7950 driver if you haven't already, as there was a ~Feb 2013 driver that specifically addressed GW2. If that's already up to date, then the only other solution I can think of is to go to your Overclock utility and make a profile for gw2.exe at stock GPU clocks. I used to have a 7950 and GW2 did not like me overclocking it (truth be told, it was more artifacting than a FPS drop).

edit: third option, go to your Windows performance settings and make sure it's set to 100%, so you're getting 4.4 GHz from every core at all times.

Retro

No patch notes for the latest build?

Bug fixes
  • Rocket Turret: This turret is no longer created with its overcharged shot as the default attack when traited with Rifled Turret Barrels and Deployable Turrets.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Mesmer clones to receive rune bonuses from their master.
  • Power Block: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to set skills with zero recharge on 10 second recharge; namely auto-attacks from creatures and players, as well as thief initiative abilities. This trait will no longer trigger through stun immunity effects such as Stability and Defiance.
  • Fixed an issue where the Legendary Drake’s fire attack in Angvar’s Trove did not function properly.
Megaservers
  • Added a chat option – enabled by default – that shows only the messages coming from players sharing your client’s text language.
  • This option is only applied in to the /map and /say channels, as well as the /team channel in the Edge of the Mists. Other channels are not affected.
  • Messages from players in your friend list are never hidden.
  • Messages from players from the same World as yours are never hidden.
  • Messages from players currently in your party are never hidden.
  • Messages from players representing the same guild as you do are never hidden.
  • Reminder: if you encounter players using abusive or rude language in chat, please report them by right-clicking their name in the chat window and selecting ‘Report.’
  • Blocking a player still functions the same way.

gpdhNKv.jpg
Thanks to the PvP rewards, my Warrior looks awesome and deadly!

hythloday

Rexar Hellscream is my main, Warrior@80, the rest of the characters are very low level, then I used the birthday boost to get them to level 20.

I would appreciate it if I do get an invite, however what I didn't get across is, is there room for someone such as me who isn't on frequently?

I know many Guilds require set number of days to be on, WvsW participation and other such things, nothing wrong with that, just I sometimes don't have time due to hectic work schedule.

Also thanks for the tip about salvaging, I got a new skin just now, I thought you automatically get the skin when you pick up the item, however it seems that is not the case.

Your invite to the guild should be waiting when you log in!!

No playtime or playstyle requirements whatsoever. We run guild missions Saturday nights at 9PM and Sunday afternoons at 3PM (Eastern time). There is no obligation to attend, but there's often fun and drunken antics on Mumble.

We'll have to see if there are any wonky happenings with megaservers in relation to Guild Events tonight. That also reminds me, Retro and I may miss guild missions on Sunday or only be on for the beginning of them. It's Easter, and I'm having my folks over to consume mass quantities of ham.

Ran guild missions with GWAM last night (upon request of a friend), and even when we met up with another guild in some areas doing the same thing, the megaserver never got in the way - other than once or twice when someone had to join in on a party member after getting separated.

Hopefully this bodes well for tonight.

This game hates me, last night Network error after spending an hour in que for WvW, and now another error while fighting Karka queen, didn't get my credit for the trait, both maps i got the error were megaservers :(((

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So I was checking the exchange rates on gems to gold and holy cow noncash transactions are so skewed. I gave all my gold to a friend when I quit a year back and needed to catch up so I dropped 10 bucks and almost got 60 gold.

D:

Pancaeks! o/

o/

My friends started playing again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks.

...they didn't fix Ascalon :(
The waypoints? yeah, that's going to be an interesting thing. Hopefully it's just a flag per waypoint and not something combined with a zone or world event state.
Anyway, is there a timetable for temple events?
That's a reasonable question, I actually don't really know how it works now. At least one Orr map is megaserved, but not the others, right?
So I was checking the exchange rates on gems to gold and holy cow noncash transactions are so skewed. I gave all my gold to a friend when I quit a year back and needed to catch up so I dropped 10 bucks and almost got 60 gold.
Welcome back to the game! :> From my perspective, 10 bucks for 60 gold is really not worth it at all, though I guess in the early game it could make a big difference. Out of curiosity, what did you need it for?

--

Guys, since it's the first time we'll be doing our primetime missions tonight (9:00PM Eastern Time/6:00PM Server) since the megaserver change, I wanted to go over a couple simple things:
  • Please be patient! Pretty please :> It may be that we run into more guilds than usual doing the same mission, and in some cases we can just coordinate and work together, or do another mission first and come back. The worst case scenario is that we'd just wait for the guild before us to finish and then start ours. None of the missions last more than 20 minutes at most (except for Rush, which are easy to join). Please bear in mind this is just a game. If we all just take it easy as we work things out, it won't be a big deal.
  • A possible side effect is there are a lot of maps generated for certain missions is that people could get split up. Make sure to get into a party before we begin, and again, be patient while we get everyone over :)
  • We will likely have at least a few new people or first timers with us, so we'll be explaining things a bit- for this purpose, it's extreeeeemely beneficial to get on Mumble, even if just to listen! You don't even need a mic. I (and others) try to replicate instructions as best we can in guild chat, but especially if you're new it's really a good idea. If you're confused by anything just feel free to ask, we are friendly and helpful!
  • As a reminder or for those who don't know, we have a weekly guild lottery:
    You've got until the Rush timer expires to get your tickets in. Tonight's door prize, which is just a random roll for anyone in attendance, will also contain a bonus 5 Unidentified Dyes.

Sajjaja

The waypoints? yeah, that's going to be an interesting thing. Hopefully it's just a flag per waypoint and not something combined with a zone or world event state.

That's a reasonable question, I actually don't really know how it works now. At least one Orr map is megaserved, but not the others, right?
Welcome back to the game! :> From my perspective, 10 bucks for 60 gold is really not worth it at all, though I guess in the early game it could make a big difference. Out of curiosity, what did you need it for?

--

Guys, since it's the first time we'll be doing our primetime missions tonight (9:00PM Eastern Time/6:00PM Server) since the megaserver change, I wanted to go over a couple simple things:
  • Please be patient! Pretty please :> It may be that we run into more guilds than usual doing the same mission, and in some cases we can just coordinate and work together, or do another mission first and come back. The worst case scenario is that we'd just wait for the guild before us to finish and then start ours. None of the missions last more than 20 minutes at most (except for Rush, which are easy to join). Please bear in mind this is just a game. If we all just take it easy as we work things out, it won't be a big deal.
  • A possible side effect is there are a lot of maps generated for certain missions is that people could get split up. Make sure to get into a party before we begin, and again, be patient while we get everyone over :)
  • We will likely have at least a few new people or first timers with us, so we'll be explaining things a bit- for this purpose, it's extreeeeemely beneficial to get on Mumble, even if just to listen! You don't even need a mic. I (and others) try to replicate instructions as best we can in guild chat, but especially if you're new it's really a good idea. If you're confused by anything just feel free to ask, we are friendly and helpful!
  • As a reminder or for those who don't know, we have a weekly guild lottery:

You've got until the Rush timer expires to get your tickets in. Tonight's door prize, which is just a random roll for anyone in attendance, will also contain a bonus 5 Unidentified Dyes.

How do you know who deposited what amount of gold?

"Mass alien abductions reported across Tyria"

NnJHns1.jpg

Really digging the changes to all the various bosses. They feel much more solid now, and just a touch more challenging.

f0wYS0f.jpg

"Mass alien abductions reported across Tyria"

NnJHns1.jpg

Really digging the changes to all the various bosses. They feel much more solid now, and just a touch more challenging.

f0wYS0f.jpg
Peck also told me that the camera at Golem Mark II should pull way back as it does with Jungle Wurm and Bahemoth because they want players to be able to see all of the golem.

Wallach

Peck also told me that the camera at Golem Mark II should pull way back as it does with Jungle Wurm and Bahemoth because they want players to be able to see all of the golem.

It would probably also be a lot easier to see where the hell it is okay to stand when the electricity fields go out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just under an hour now until missions. All are welcome regardless of knowledge, skill, experience or level (sort of) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom