• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Congratulations to Trixie on winning the 10g Door Prize + 5 Unidentified Dyes and Ceres on the 56g Jackpot (Ceres gracious left 30g to sweeten next week's pot)!

Makeup Missions will be tomorrow at 3pm Eastern, but due to the Easter Holiday, we may not have enough people to complete all missions. I myself probably won't be on since the in-laws are coming over for an early dinner. Just a heads up!

From tonight's guild missions:

ubhBn5k.jpg

HaWOI8t.jpg

CNTkJ3G.jpg

okIfrJD.jpg

muFGEgd.jpg

OBRSJEF.jpg

DRGi0e0.jpg

Coppanuva

Missions were good fun, until crashes. I finally beat guild rush only to crash on opening the chest, but ended up getting my items from it so it's all good.

TrounceX

Woke up to see TC has a 22k lead in WvW brings a smile to my face...

Enjoy this week because the next is going to be hell if JQ doesn't get their act together. We had this all planned out so that BG would get 5th place this season, but that is provided that JQ take 2nd this week to stay on schedule. Otherwise it will be BG/SoS vs TC next week and that will ruin everything.

The alliances are basically TC/JQ vs BG/SoS at this point. Very interesting politics in T1 right now, I'm having a lot of fun.

Shiokazu

i hope we can have more guild wubwub oportunities. couldnt join this week, but who knows in the next time?

hope everyone had a good one as well.

Aquila

Enjoy this week because the next is going to be hell if JQ doesn't get their act together. We had this all planned out so that BG would get 5th place this season, but that is provided that JQ take 2nd this week to stay on schedule. Otherwise it will be BG/SoS vs TC next week and that will ruin everything.

The alliances are basically TC/JQ vs BG/SoS at this point. Very interesting politics in T1 right now, I'm having a lot of fun.

It's a complete turnabout of last week.

I'm kind of wishing that we had a 4-way map just for this circumstance. I only hopped on for the daily after missions but at that point, JQ had no (competent) commanders on EB and our keep was gone. Borderlands weren't much better although I did see a few decently sized guild groups running about.

Pretty decent. Everything went smoothly, aside from quaggan rush, which made a lot of people crash because of reasons.

Guild bounty was hilarious, target didnt last 30 seconds.

Retro

Guild bounty was hilarious, target didnt last 30 seconds.

Sotzz didn't even get to his drunken state, that's the first time we've done that. Worth mentioning that we also had 26 people in mumble, which is just over half the server's capacity. We usually don't do that either.

hythloday

There were minor issues where a couple of people weren't on the same map as the rest of the guild, but that's less of a technical issue and more of a "pay attention because you should be in the middle of a huge GAF-pile and if you're not you need a ferry" issue. But I think those were actually old-fashioned overflowed maps and not megaservers.

This megaserver stuff can get quite crazy. I've never seen world bosses so busy on a Sunday, ever. I'm also knocking them off easier, thanks to the regular schedule. Not sure why.

EXIZ7bj.jpg

okwlxt6.jpg

ai0A4sr.jpg

kaC0MoQ.jpg

Eg6bmlx.jpg

zoHGGW2.jpg

ryC0faz.jpg

Ceres

Banned
Last night I'm not sure we even got on a megaserver at any point. Maybe Maelstrom? That had a guild doing bounty and golem popped during the challenge though so overflow could have been caused by that. Gendarran overflowed because it's the LA hub right now and that was prime time on a Saturday. Ascalon and Frostgorge are also not megaservered. Only puzzle map megaserver is Brisban which might be for Anet to test issues that could happen with the puzzles before changing the other two maps.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
yeah I'm actually not sure if the maps in question were or not, but it didn't seem to have a major effect on us (though other guilds have voiced complaints). By far the most important thing seemed to be staying in a party with other gaf members. All in all it did a pretty admirable job keeping us together.

Another 2v1 crying thread of the forums this time it's JQ crying, they just enjoyed a 2v1 beatdown of BG they should at least knew a 2v1 was coming this week..

I am expecting a 2v1 beatdown next time we face BG without JQ..

According to reddit and twitter, other guilds had a really difficult time getting their guild in one megaserver. A lot of people today are not happy with megaservers when it comes to Guild Missions.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I got invited to gaf guild by professor retro.

On the character select screen, it just shows 2 of my alts are in the guild, not my main one. When I try to talk in guild chat, it says im not part of a guild.

Anyone know whats going on?

Another question. Sometimes when I hover over crafting materials, it'll say something like "armorsmith (400)", and it'll be red. So whats that? I have to be level 400 to use it? Huh?

Hey guys, I got invited to gaf guild by professor retro.

On the character select screen, it just shows 2 of my alts are in the guild, not my main one. When I try to talk in guild chat, it says im not part of a guild.

Anyone know whats going on?

Another question. Sometimes when I hover over crafting materials, it'll say something like "armorsmith (400)", and it'll be red. So whats that? I have to be level 400 to use it? Huh?

You have to represent. Press G select GAF and press Represent at the bottom of that window.
You have to do this for all your characters.

Trey

Just specifying that it's a crafting level 400 material. It will only be used in level 400 or greater recipes.

And you can only use the material to discover other recipes if your crafting level is 400 or higher.

Atrophis

Seems it's my turn to have Internet issues. Needs an engineer fix but that's not going to happen any time soon, it being a bank holiday tomorrow. Just love having lots of free time and not being able to play ;(

Edit: OK its back, only down for four hours.

Mxrz

!#@$ Stealth. Its stupid in every game, yet every developer has to derp their way through the "WE CAN MAKE IT WORK IN PVP, HONEST!" feh. Wouldn't be half as bad as the "break combat, get full health, lawl" bit.

Shiokazu

!#@$ Stealth. Its stupid in every game, yet every developer has to derp their way through the "WE CAN MAKE IT WORK IN PVP, HONEST!" feh. Wouldn't be half as bad as the "break combat, get full health, lawl" bit.

its stupid because they implement stealth, BUT DONT MAKE A WAY TO BREAK STEALTH.

like, think about it, we dont have detection skills. if we had detection skills, MAYBE it would be bearable.

its also terrible because you can attack stealth and disengage, wich is stupid, you shouldnt be allowed to disengage and no healing skills should be allowed while in stealth. passive regen and external healing is ok, but DISENGAGING AND RETURNING FULL HEALTH OUT OF NOWHERE, with us not being able to know from where you are coming is stupid.

^ i totally wrote all of this with hatred, this is not a racinal post based in proper thinking.

(which is impossible for me, since i really hate stealth, to a level of being blinded by my hatred)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Stealth is the reason I've just started to join zergs and havoc squads instead of solo roaming in WvW.

I don't hate stealth, just hate how the game was design to make a player using thief have no other choice but to abuse stealth..

Mxrz

Oops, had a rage moment.

I have a friend trying to get into WvW. Every time I take 'em out, some asshole thieves jump us on our way to the tag. They kill 'em, and there isnt' much I can do about it. Pretty much every fight goes the same.

I don't mind thieves and mesmers using stealth as an escape. I don't mind when they straight up beat me. Its when they can constantly reset, regen/cleanse, and keep coming back that I get ticked off. Can't recall it being much of an issue in spvp, not sure why it seems so radically different in WvW. I know about the glitchy spots where you can break combat immediately, but I avoid those.

Commanded in EotM some since no one else was willing. The map still confuses the hell out of me. But you can't beat that wxp rate.

Katoki

Play a guardian? If it's any class that's given me grief in the last two days I've started playing my thief again, it's the guardians with GS and sword/focus. I'm not actually sure if the one I've been running into tonight alone is a shout build because I haven't been hearing any dialogue, if we're supposed to hear enemy dialogue at all. I'm too busy seeing my HP orb fall in chunks and not from sustained damage.

I have been playing sword/dagger though because dagger/pistol is so common and arguably the best weapon set for a thief in WvW/PvP without a question that it's dumb. That is all.

Edit: perplexity engineers also make a mess out of me. The confusion is like icing on the cake though since it's a condition build since conditions are so much more useful against players than in PvE with all those limitations.

Ashodin

Play a guardian? If it's any class that's given me grief in the last two days I've started playing my thief again, it's the guardians with GS and sword/focus. I'm not actually sure if the one I've been running into tonight alone is a shout build because I haven't been hearing any dialogue, if we're supposed to hear enemy dialogue at all. I'm too busy seeing my HP orb fall in chunks and not from sustained damage.

I have been playing sword/dagger though because dagger/pistol is so common and arguably the best weapon set for a thief in WvW/PvP without a question that it's dumb. That is all.

HI! I play that build. We gain might on blocks. It's why we hit like trucks with focus OH.

In other build news, I'm trying out Runes of the Ranger with Spirit Weapons. apparently, guardians can get the benefit of 7% more damage with a spirit weapon out. sick!

Katoki

HI! I play that build. We gain might on blocks. It's why we hit like trucks with focus OH.

In other build news, I'm trying out Runes of the Ranger with Spirit Weapons. apparently, guardians can get the benefit of 7% more damage with a spirit weapon out. sick!

A weapon set doesn't automatically make what you run the same as him though. Could be completely different traits from you and all that. It's also too bad that we can't see conditions and what not in the combat log since I can't pick apart what could be a very standard build for all anyone knows. Also, this one didn't need the focus shield to shatter because I was already trying to mitigate all the incoming damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom