• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Proof that I'm already the future: Razor Nostromo shows up in the Ender's Game movie:

TjmaRJU.jpg

(Movie wasn't bad. Hyper-compressed, if you've not read the book a lot would seem weird, should have been a trilogy or something, the actor playing Ender was great though).
ender and valentine were great, harrison ford was sleepy. no locke and demosthenes :[
No ,all i am getting is this :

naamloostjilk.png

Also seems like it isn't detecting my plugged in controller .

naamloosrso9r.png
K, this means windows isn't detecting your controller. Have you used it for other things? Unfortunately this isn't a part of the gw2 solution, but I can still try and help troubleshoot.

Thorgal

ender and valentine were great, harrison ford was sleepy. no locke and demosthenes :[

K, this means windows isn't detecting your controller. Have you used it for other things? Unfortunately this isn't a part of the gw2 solution, but I can still try and help troubleshoot.

Yes i have used it with multiple games without problem .

Only Xpadder seems to have this issue .

BraXzy

Proof that I'm already the future: Razor Nostromo shows up in the Ender's Game movie:

TjmaRJU.jpg

(Movie wasn't bad. Hyper-compressed, if you've not read the book a lot would seem weird, should have been a trilogy or something, the actor playing Ender was great though).

I watched Ender's Game during a flight and I really disliked it. It was too cheesy for me, the plot was meh. The romance was cringe worthy, I didn't like the actors who played Ender or Petra and the squad leader guy was straight from a panto with his acting.

That mouse however, looks epic though I doubt I'd be able to use it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes i have used it with multiple games without problem .

Only Xpadder seems to have this issue .
So right now is this what you seen in this screen in devices?
url]

Hmm, just to check, you're running Xpadder in Compatibility mode for WinXP?

A tip for new players: if you're finding the game too easy, start exploring into slightly higher level zones than you are, and fighting monsters higher level than you. As long as your attacks aren't "glancing", you can earn a lot of bonus experience for killing things higher than your own level.

There's another way to get a lot of bonus experience: killing things that haven't been killed in a while. Finding red monsters, or even yellow passive monsters, in out of the way corners, can really boost you up fast. Combine that with the bonus from killing things above your level, and you'll speed up your levelling process quickly, and give yourself a nice challenge.

BraXzy

I managed to get my buddy to buy the game just now so when he gets all set up I can start out with him, I made my character last night then got tired and went to bed haha. Currently running a Norn Thief, I've always looked the Rogue type class.

He's on GAF so it's all good if he joins the guild too right?

Thorgal

So right now is this what you seen in this screen in devices?
url]

Hmm, just to check, you're running Xpadder in Compatibility mode for WinXP?

I think i found the problem .

To play an old game normally i had to switch off all the HID compliant devices in device manager .

Once i switched those back one the xbox 360 image image returned on Xpadder .

Now i am gonna try it again with guild wars 2 .

I will let you know if it works .

Jira

I managed to get my buddy to buy the game just now so when he gets all set up I can start out with him, I made my character last night then got tired and went to bed haha. Currently running a Norn Thief, I've always looked the Rogue type class.

Even if he wasn't in GAF he could join since you know him. Just post his id in guild and someone will invite him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Friends of GAFers are welcome regardless.

First preliminary warning, ya'll, the Cull Scythe is coming soon.
I think i found the problem .

To play an old game normally i had to switch off all the HID compliant devices in device manager .

Once i switched those back one the xbox 360 image image returned on Xpadder .

Now i am gonna try it again with guild wars 2 .

I will let you know if it works .
That was it, yep! You'd switched off the actual input interface for the pad, Xpadder should be detecting the same things windows is.

First thing you want to try out in GW2 is pressing the Back button once. It should reset your mouse cursor to the center of the screen above your character- this is what the script file is doing and it really brings the setup together. Let me know if you have trouble with that.

xeris

GAFfers, friends and relatives are all ok. Only real request beyond that is that they read the guild rules.

One of the best things about GW2 is that because of the way they handle down-leveling you don't have to worry about zooming past your buddy. In other games if my wife was playing I'd keep an alt back so we could group. Outside of dungeons, in GW2 you could take an 80 down to group with a 2 and you'd both get ok rewards. The upshot of this is feel free to ask in guild if you want people to join you at any time and any level without feeling guilty. If they're busy, they'll just say no. I think only Kos bites.

Thorgal

Friends of GAFers are welcome regardless.

First preliminary warning, ya'll, the Cull Scythe is coming soon.

That was it, yep! You'd switched off the actual input interface for the pad, Xpadder should be detecting the same things windows is.

First thing you want to try out in GW2 is pressing the Back button once. It should reset your mouse cursor to the center of the screen above your character- this is what the script file is doing and it really brings the setup together. Let me know if you have trouble with that.

It works beautifully now

Thanks for the help !

Retro

Yeah, that's no problem, just post his name.#### or if you're online you can ask for an officer to invite them.

We've always had an open policy for friends and family, so long as they follow our guild policy. I only mention it because this being the internet, some people are just in the habit of calling things 'gay', etc. and our rules are based on NeoGAF's own TOS. Anything sexist / racist / homophobic is the fastest way to get in trouble.

If they're a GAFer, they probably know better, but if you have friends or family they're more than welcome to join. That goes for anybody reading, by the way.

Moondrop

Banned
One is a power/vitality build focused on increasing greatsword damage (as a main weapon) with a longbow in the second set since the longbow is like the greatsword in that it does not rely on conditions for damage.

The other one I'm not sure of in terms of viability but I found a way to perma stack regeneration and swiftness. Testing it during some fights I managed to get around one minute of swiftness and regeneration stacked on myself and nearby allies before the fight ended (champion risen). Maybe this one could be good for WvW? Since you could stack swiftness on your allies until the buff time cap (whatever that is).

The first proposal (power/vitality/GS/LB) is essentially the opposite of how I play ranger (condition/toughness/S-T/SB). It's probably a solid choice in PvE, especially given the vulnerability stacking, but I can't really comment.

The latter I'm assuming is a shout build. It seems ok in theory, but in practice:
1) If you're running with a group, there are many sources of switftness, so you're giving up a lot prioritizing it so highly.
2) If you're solo roaming, then it's a little more viable. But most people don't run healing power in their roaming sets (apothecary is one of the few examples), thus not maximizing the regeneration. Plus that form of regeneration can be boon-stripped.
3) Last and most importantly, shouts are fundamentally associated with Beastmastery and that is just not in a great place right now.

Gothos

Damn, I just read in that other thread about 50% price reduction that they already introduced megaserver to the whole world! Logged in to check it out and lo behod, there are actually people running around in Kessex Hills, doing group events! Had a blast in the last hour :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guild missions and a lottery in 30 seconds! Er, I mean, minutes.

All new people are welcome! Most of the missions are available to you if you're at least 15-20.

Taffer

Doh, didn't think about that, can I choose? I paid for it in £ through the official site..

That won't matter, you just need to select a North American server when you start the game (or make a character, I forget when it comes up), Stormbluff Isle is where most of GAF is.

Retro

Congratulations to Celesti Incar on the 10g Door Prize (with a bonus prize of their choice of one rare dye) and Kos Luftar on winning the 64g jackpot in the guild lotto.

Makeup Missions will be at 3pm Eastern time tomorrow.

Z5SHRlj.jpg

AUIk7Lt.jpg

"Game is dead."

And now the reason we're all here:

KOS!

6qhrFml.jpg

dat face

7ArvD1K.jpg

workin' it

GfshwPr.jpg

omg 2 die 4

AI22KIt.jpg

like a goddamn adonis

Meanwhile, elsewhere:

UXH8RPB.jpg

B4gffxZ.jpg

TIME FOR GUILD GROUP PHOTO!

CxKNLBW.jpg

Okay, move together guys...

G4cawuR.jpg

Skooch up a bit...

Ww1TKeI.jpg

Where is everyone?

Y7yF2Zj.jpg

Ah, that's better, but we need to get a bit more in frame...

XLE93rm.jpg

Oh for the love of...

fra8qLu.jpg

I can't work like this!

But it turned out okay in the end:

if4i2PcBNSO7z.jpg

[GAF] Guild - 5/3/2014

(I'd love to have all the names listed, but I always take shots with UI off, derp).

And here's one you can print out to keep in your wallet:

i30CZTHylnMCr.jpg

Perhaps even get Kos to sign it for you.

For reference, here's the guild group photo taken 2/15/2014, it actually only has about four more people in it:

i3573TqoFtrcw.jpg

And the first one I ever took, 12/14/2013:

iSGNvYvf2YQGY.jpg

BraXzy

I've played a few hours today in the starting area, getting a feel for the Thief class and deciding if I want to stick with it. I'm starting to like it more, I'll see how it goes. I want to get my head around how levelling up and skills and such work since I haven't really looked into it yet. I can't work out how to arrange my skills on the skillbar.

I've played a few hours today in the starting area, getting a feel for the Thief class and deciding if I want to stick with it. I'm starting to like it more, I'll see how it goes. I want to get my head around how levelling up and skills and such work since I haven't really looked into it yet. I can't work out how to arrange my skills on the skillbar.

The 1-5 skills are always set automatically, based on the weapons in your hand. 1, 2 and 3 are your mainhand, while 4 and 5 are your offhand. Or if you're using a two-handed weapon, that sets 1 through 5.

The 6,7,8 and 9 skills are your hot-swappable "utilities", you just click the up arrow above a slot to choose a new one to go in (from what you have unlocked so far). Slot 6 is always your heal skill. Slot 0, is your Elite, which you choose from your unlocked Elites.

When playing your profession, think of your available weapons as sub-professions. Depending on which weapons you put in your main hand, offhand, and your weapon swap slots, you're choosing how you want your character to play. A dagger/dagger thief plays differently than a pistol/pistol, or dagger/pistol, or sword or shortbow. It's a good idea to buy cheap white weapons of all the ones your profession can use (the weapon vendors in cities sell white, basic weapons for cheap), and try them all in combination with each other, and see what feels fun.

You'll be changing your utility slots quite often once you hit max level, based on what traits you pick or what the upcoming fights demand. For example, as an Engineer, I'll have Flamethower, Grenades, and Elixir Gun in my three utility slots, but I might change them all to the turrets instead, if I feel like that'd work better for what I'm about to do. Or I might make them all my elixirs. Don't think of slots 7,8 and 9 as being three skills you set and forget, rather, they represent *all* your possible utility skills, at any time. It'd be good practice to swap them regularly, not just to see how other skills feel, but to get into the habit of considering those slots "fluid".

BraXzy

The 1-5 skills are always set automatically, based on the weapons in your hand. 1, 2 and 3 are your mainhand, while 4 and 5 are your offhand. Or if you're using a two-handed weapon, that sets 1 through 5.

The 6,7,8 and 9 skills are your hot-swappable "utilities", you just click the up arrow above a slot to choose a new one to go in (from what you have unlocked so far). Slot 6 is always your heal skill. Slot 0, is your Elite, which you choose from your unlocked Elites.

When playing your profession, think of your available weapons as sub-professions. Depending on which weapons you put in your main hand, offhand, and your weapon swap slots, you're choosing how you want your character to play. A dagger/dagger thief plays differently than a pistol/pistol, or dagger/pistol, or sword or shortbow. It's a good idea to buy cheap white weapons of all the ones your profession can use (the weapon vendors in cities sell white, basic weapons for cheap), and try them all in combination with each other, and see what feels fun.

Ooh awesome, thanks I'll have a go with some different combo's then.

Thief does have one difference - skill 3 is a combination of mainhand and offhand, so a sword/dagger combo will have a different 3 than sword/pistol.
There's even a unique 3 if you equip a mainhand but no offhand.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is it fine to TP sell "inscription" mats (claws, fangs, bones, etc.) of lower tier once you hit 400 on all crafting?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just went to this thing where a bunch of people I apparently know talk about some chick named Scarlett being dead and now I have a bunch of items I won't be able to use for like 30-40 hours taking up spaces... hmmmm...

Is it fine to TP sell "inscription" mats (claws, fangs, bones, etc.) of lower tier once you hit 400 on all crafting?
Keep them if you plan to level other crafting professions but otherwise you're fine. Avoid selling the T5 or T6 mats, though. The T6 especially if you want to get to 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom