• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Really annoyed that the final mission of my so-called "personal" story mode is FORCING me to team up with other players.

I will not sit around a waypoint for hours spamming random people hoping enough of them will take pity on me and join.

Lunar15

Yeah, they aren't fucking around. August is gonna be a big month.

Not to mention the fact that it seems to tie Braham and Rox back into the picture. I know they said they were going to hold off on huge story revelations until they've got the living story UI worked out, but it's reassuring to see those characters have ongoing stories. I really liked both of them, so it'll be neat to see how their stories have evolved.

Really annoyed that the final mission of my so-called "personal" story mode is FORCING me to team up with other players.

I will not sit around a waypoint for hours spamming random people hoping enough of them will take pity on me and join.

If you're on tonight, maybe we can form a guild group. I think there's a few other guildmates that need to run it.

Retro

I am absolutely shocked the Champion loot bags, and the Dungeon reward changes are already happening. I didn't expect this for a few months. Quite happy.

ArenaNet works fast, and they never talk about things unless they are confident they are going in. That's why all the chatter about LFG points to that being added soon. I'm actually surprised it wasn't in this one.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bonus Rewards for Dungeons

Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons. Guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons have been removed in lieu of these new rewards for dungeon completion; all other drops off of bosses have not been changed. Now you have even more incentive for braving the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria!

Lets celebrate with a CoF path 1 guild race this Saturday!

We'll see but that would be a bit of a missed opportunity for them to include. You get event rewards on "kill" so if they added the Champ rewards to them as well,

Also, Snowden Drifts and Timberline Falls are now off the table cause you're a jerk.

How was I being a jerk?

Wonder what they will give us on August 25th.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
If you're on tonight, maybe we can form a guild group. I think there's a few other guildmates that need to run it.

Would love to, but I'm not on the GAF server just yet. =/

Reading the changes really makes me look forward to Champ bounty parties. I've bounced between 20 something champs in a row before, now with champ chests it sounds like it will be fun AND productive.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha, was wondering when you were gonna pop in pissed about that.
Yeahhhh you shouldn't do that.

Run it with GAF! Ask in guild chat for Arah story. I need it too! It's a pretty cool dungeon as well.
So now everyone will be at Queensdale for the champion zerg? I hope not that would be lame.
Have you been there over the last week? This is already going on, lol

We have no real idea how it'll work yet. Heavy DR would be totally appropriate for something like that.

Anyway, even if that does become viable it won't really affect me. A champ's a champ; the loot would be way better going HAM in Orr, and the fun factor would be huge hunting solo out in the wilderness.

Also, dungeons. Hnnnng.
They're probably scaling loot bags to champion level rather than player level, as an attempt to drive players back to Orr.
Hope not (at least not for the entire contents of the bag). That would be a step backward, believe it or not. I'd much prefer a limitation of some sort on killing the same Champion more than once per day.

Reading the changes really makes me look forward to Champ bounty parties. I've bounced between 20 something champs in a row before, now with champ chests it sounds like it will be fun AND productive.
That's right. Now that Ash has done the culling you're at the top of my list. I'll set myself a reminder to do some guild management stuff tonight and look into the transfer.

Lunar15

You don't need to be on the same server to run dungeons, which is pretty neat!

Lunar15

It's alright, through the mighty generosity of GAF we're gonna get him over.

Speaking of which, how's our coffers looking? Do we need to run another lottery or other type of fun collection process?

Perhaps some sort of team competition (surrounding the new arena games) where guild mates can bet on teams and a % of the proceeds go to the transfer fund?

Or maybe people can pay reduced prices for the guild to go out and hunt for specific materials that people need? I dunno, I just love coming up with weird ways to fundraise.

Luigi87

Hope not (at least not for the entire contents of the bag). That would be a step backward, believe it or not. I'd much prefer a limitation of some sort on killing the same Champion more than once per day.

I do agree with you and I hope not as well. I was just thinking about how easy it is to run a cycle of Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak in Queensdale and if they'd want to try to augment that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of which, how's our coffers looking? Do we need to run another lottery or other type of fun collection process?

Perhaps some sort of team competition (surrounding the new arena games) where guild mates can bet on teams and a % of the proceeds go to the transfer fund?

Or maybe people can pay reduced prices for the guild to go out and hunt for specific materials that people need? I dunno, I just love coming up with weird ways to fundraise.
We've got somewhere in the ballpark of enough for one transfer at the moment. There will definitely be another lottery. Jira is the gatekeeper for that, so it's up to him when the next drawing is gonna be.

I like your ideas for more guild-driven funding though. Looking forward to seeing how the new games work out.
Yeah, I saw it while doing my achievement for Kiel. I hope they will scale the champions rewards, make respawn timer longer or make some small requirement to spawn them.
I'd be against the rewards scaling to make them worthless in lower level zones or changing the respawn timers to make finding them harder, in favor of making it less profitable to kill the same Champions multiple times in the same day. We'll see how it works though, could be anything at this point.

Taffer

Hope I don't have to worship the Builder to get one of those Watchwork Knights

In the beginning we lived as thieves,
Stealing fur and fang of beasts for survival
Then came the Builder who brought us the Hammer,
And with it we forged a new way of life.
To reject the Hammer is to denounce the Builder.

Trey

I knew the dungeon change was imminent when I was bitching about a CoF1 pug run in guild chat and Colin said something like "enjoy it while it lasts."

I think I'm gonna run CoF1 into the ground this week. Send it off as it lived, brief and generous.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True enough. I've avoided COF1 farming wholesale up til this point, but you and Kanik are right. It's time for a proper send-off. I'll be running it a bunch of times the rest of the week and we should have a not-particularly-formal guild race on Saturday before Fever.

True enough. I've avoided COF1 farming wholesale up til this point, but you and Kanik are right. It's time for a proper send-off. I'll be running it a bunch of times the rest of the week and we should have a not-particularly-formal guild race on Saturday before Fever.

Now think about this, it will actually be worth it to kill the Ooze King during CoF1 because you might get something nice from it.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/251793-cof-p1-ooze-king-and-queen/

Also we should always do it, to honor Robert Hrouda who created that fight.

Reknoc

In the beginning we lived as thieves,
Stealing fur and fang of beasts for survival
Then came the Builder who brought us the Hammer,
And with it we forged a new way of life.
To reject the Hammer is to denounce the Builder.

And Karras said, ‘Lay down thy hammer, friends, 'tis yesteryear's trappings.' And so we laid them down, and seeing this, Karras spoke again: ‘Now raise up thy mace, The Builder shall fuel thee...and all the followers of Karras.'

Lunar15

Breaking news, next living story arc to be Flame Legion themed, because now there's going to be Searing Effigies running amok everywhere.

Thanks, anet.

oktarb

This too bugged me. I'll join you this week to aid.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Now think about this, it will actually be worth it to kill the Ooze King during CoF1 because you might get something nice from it.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/251793-cof-p1-ooze-king-and-queen/

Also we should always do it, to honor Robert Hrouda who created that fight.
Hah, so true. Also I'm certainly of the same mindset viz a viz Kholer and Troll, and my favorites, the silly Graveling champs throughout all three paths.

Based on the description of the champ boxes offered-
crafting materials, skill points, unique skins, lodestones, and more
it sounds like while there's a chance it may come out to less than the 5s or 10s you'd have gotten previously, there's also a good chance it'll be substantially more. Mmmmm.

I'm curious about stuff in your bank. Will that automatically be put in the wallet? I mean the bank is already across all characters but the write up only says that stuff gets added to the wallet as you log in with each character. So it seems character based.

meep!

Neo Member
I wonder if the champion boxes also will drop unique skins like they mentioned in their looking ahead post. Or perhaps that is something they will be adding to them later on.

SirKhalid

I hope there is no limit for these currencies, like 250 badge of honor in the collection only. I have a tons of badge of honor, it would make some room in my bank.

Levyne

Banned
While sometimes I think the time gating of some things is a little annoying, I think it's a good idea for the champ stuff. It would be lame if whatever new 400+ crafting items were obtainable by people who do nothing but follow a champ zerg all day every day. Repeatedly doing fractal and instanced content for stuffs is one thing but basically clocking time in a zerg is another thing imo. Hopefully it doesn't become so much "every zone gets a zerg train" but if it does, it does. Better than the sparse player presence we have now.

Taffer

I kind of like keeping my alts poor so I can watch their money building up as they level. /shrug

And Karras said, ‘Lay down thy hammer, friends, 'tis yesteryear's trappings.' And so we laid them down, and seeing this, Karras spoke again: ‘Now raise up thy mace, The Builder shall fuel thee...and all the followers of Karras.'

Fun Karras fact: Science has shown that Karras has the second-best voice in games behind SHODAN.

Trey

I'm with whoever above said that we will fight Watchknights. There's no way we don't get some Judgment Day shit with them.

Lunar15

So are the watchwork knights basically Jennah's way of telling Logan she needs space?

Also, yes, we're absolutely going to fight those creepy motherfuckers.

Ploid 3.0

So now everyone will be at Queensdale for the champion zerg? I hope not that would be lame.

Don't they already to that? Recently I leveled about 4 new characters there because it's familiar, and in chat people always shout when the champions are up and there's a big party melting them down as I rush to them.

nataku

After the patch next week is going to be so amazing.

All that bitching people do in Queensdale when people mess up the champion event rotations? That's going to be in every single zone.

Reknoc

So are the watchwork knights basically Jennah's way of telling Logan she needs space?

Also, yes, we're absolutely going to fight those creepy motherfuckers.

logan fearful of being replaced by the watchwork knights tries to sabotage them but ends up causing them to go loopy and kill people indiscriminately.

Jira

I can guarantee you that you'll only be able to get the new loot bags from an individual champion once a day or something. They wouldn't design this system that is supposed to get people out into every zone then let them farm a single zone over and over.

Trey

I can guarantee you that you'll only be able to get the new loot bags from an individual champion once a day or something. They wouldn't design this system that is supposed to get people out into every zone then let them farm a single zone over and over.

"if players meet the requirements"

I'm positive you're right and there is some sort of limit on champion killing.

They could even tie it in lore wise and call it bounty hunting.

Levyne

Banned
I wonder if the type of champ within a given level range would be the division. I can't think of two specific ones, but would you really expect distinct/unique loot bags from a level 5x champion drake and a level 6x champion drake?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"if players meet the requirements"

I'm positive you're right and there is some sort of limit on champion killing.

They could even tie it in lore wise and call it bounty hunting.
I thought THAT just meant getting loot credit. But yeah hopefully there's simple DR, whether an each-champion-once-per day or something else. It would definitely be silly to have this encourage repeating the same kills in the same zone.

edit: HNNNNNNNNG
Katzbach said:
The currency wallet will not have the 250 stack limit. Currencies in the wallet will behave in the same manner that gold and karma do currently.
Oh hells yea

OooooOoOoOoO Or how bout this.. in order to get the special loot bag, you need to be within X levels of the Champ to prevent people from farming the lower zones with nothing but 80's and encourage people who are leveling to do the champs?

Or would that be too counter intuitive to the 'every zone is viable at every level?" philosophy?

Lunar15

edit: HNNNNNNNNG

Oh hells yea

oprah2.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OooooOoOoOoO Or how bout this.. in order to get the special loot bag, you need to be within X levels of the Champ to prevent people from farming the lower zones with nothing but 80's and encourage people who are leveling to do the champs?
No, cause
Or would that be too counter intuitive to the 'every zone is viable at every level?" philosophy?
Yep.

I want to be able to go out and hunt a champion solo in any zone, anywhere, and have it be at least potentially worth the time- meaning a bad roll would be possible, but just as likely as getting something great. The exact opposite of what fighting a champion- let alone soloing- means now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom