• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I hope to have lots of fun with GW2 (I think I'll go with Guardian) :). So far, download client looks cool as fuck ;p.

Welcome. If you want to join GAFguild, just post your name and number (it'll look like "example.####") and an officer will add you at their earliest.

mingus

My god that list of champions...this is what I feared, that my daily check-off list would balloon out of control. I don't think I'm going to go on a champ hunt until people start figuring out what everything drops.

Arken2121

New PVE set:

zEi6Ntj.jpg

Trey

My god that list of champions...this is what I feared, that my daily check-off list would balloon out of control. I don't think I'm going to go on a champ hunt until people start figuring out what everything drops.

Think they all drop the same thing: bags have a chance to contain rare crafting materials, items that award skill points, and more. On top of the chance to get what regularly drops from mobs.

I like that champions, and maybe some lesser traveled zones could see more action from the patch. I just hope it doesn't turn into constant map chat bashing because this zerg started before that zerg finished the previous champ. I ignore it mostly, but it is annoying.

Lunar15

I'm still in love with that Braham armor. It's so incredibly detailed. Even the sides of the helm have a "woven texture". It's a fantastic touch.

I'm going nuts with dyes over here. I just wish there was a way to save dye combinations so I could switch between my favorite sets.

Jira

I think the combination of the sheer amount of champions and world events it will be literally impossible to keep track of where the train is at any given time so people are just going to be seeking out champs all over the world.

Lunar15

I think the combination of the sheer amount of champions and world events it will be literally impossible to keep track of where the train is at any given time so people are just going to be seeking out champs all over the world.

Hmm... player behavior dictates that they're going to try to find the path of least resistance and then follow that. But we'll see how the system is set up.

Jira

Some info on the personal portal:

The portal is a one-time use consumable that effectively allows you to use a skill that is similar to the mesmer’s portal. We recognize that it’s a very powerful item, so the recipe is quite rare and takes considerable resources to manufacture.

It’s not allowed in WvW or sPvP.

Also to be clear, the recipe is exotic and tradeable, but the output of said recipe is not.

I assume this means you drink the consumable, it gives you a skill on your character on the utility slot and you have a permanent portal you can change in and out. I can't imagine it's a completely one time use and then it's gone cause NO ONE will bother with the time and possible resources required to obtain the thing if you can only use it once.

Jira

To clarify we had both QA and our internal core tests go through the content a whole bunch. The QA team focused on making sure that every profession could complete every boss (there are 12) with a reasonable level of skill and gear. The core testers mostly did what they do best and beat the pants off of the stuff we throw at them and tell us whether or not it was hard enough. I feel its worth mentioning that we would schedule tests for an hour or so and some of them would stay all day trying to beat it. But they were having fun, and that’s whats most important to me.

Queen’s Gauntlet is definitely the more challenging side of the Jubilee. That’s why it has its own achievement category and rewards. There’s even a gambit system wherein you can increase the difficulty for a better reward.

It’s not quite like anything we’ve ever done before. I think some of you are really going to have fun with it.

The Sovereign skins are very cool, some of my favorites so far. I’d describe them but I don’t think I would be able to do them justice. You’ll just have to log in and see.

The gold bonus does not apply to fractals no, we will however continue to update both content and rewards in Fractals as the year progresses. For example: champion loot bags do indeed apply to Fractals of the Mists.

Sophia

Queen's gauntlet has 12 bosses. WOOO

And more importantly, no treasure to protect. So I don't have to worry about crowd control skills not working because the NPC bugged and declared itself at the drop point. Despite flying through the air ten miles away. :p

jersoc

the braham armor looks nice. thinking of getting it but i have no artistic talent and my dying ideas are shit. someone make a site where you input your dyes and it outputs 3 great colors together.

GOGOOGOGOGOGO.

I'm still in love with that Braham armor. It's so incredibly detailed. Even the sides of the helm have a "woven texture". It's a fantastic touch.

Braham armor looks AWESOME and I want to use parts of it for both my norn heavies!!!

Too bad I wouldn't be able to use the helm though ... both of them have looong, juicy hair styles that would be GONE :/

But I'm not gonna buy that until they bring out a wardrobe system anyway. I shouldn't have to divide up the pieces simply because I have 2 characters in that armor class and neither would wear the full suit.

Cels

patch looks pretty exciting.

massive QoL boost with wallet system, overhauling dungeon/champion rewards, improving skill detail....sounds really great, and it's just a teaser, maybe they are holding something back.

hopefully there will be more focus on improvement of things like this in every patch. they'll fix a lot of the problems with the game if they do have stuff that fixes things that are wrong with the game (and not just a special festival or something) every two weeks.

imagine if they said "we no longer kick the party if the instance creator leaves" for the aug 20 patch. and maybe for the patch after that, "revamped TP: added new filters, added ability to search within lists of past sold/bought items, fixed font scaling issue"

perhaps i am expecting too much...

Goddamn it, I hope my new PC woes get fixed by the end of the this week. I've been itching to finally use my new i7, GTX 260 with an SSD only to run into problem after problem since ordering all the parts. I'm so anxious too, haven't really gotten back into GW2 and want to use that SSD if it really cuts down on loading.

Goddamn it, I hope my new PC woes get fixed by the end of the this week. I've been itching to finally use my new i7, GTX 260 with an SSD only to run into problem after problem since ordering all the parts. I'm so anxious too, haven't really gotten back into GW2 and want to use that SSD if it really cuts down on loading.

What kinda of problems are you having?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got a new PC few days ago. After playing new Bioshock, I wanted something, that doesn't include guns. Just when I wanted to renew my WoW account (as I always did on my old ass laptop) I realised, that there is this little gem which I have completely forgotten about.

I hope to have lots of fun with GW2 (I think I'll go with Guardian) :). So far, download client looks cool as fuck ;p.
Uh oh, GW2 has guns.

Lunar15

the braham armor looks nice. thinking of getting it but i have no artistic talent and my dying ideas are shit. someone make a site where you input your dyes and it outputs 3 great colors together.

GOGOOGOGOGOGO.

Send me a picture of your dyes. I wouldn't mind making 3 sets or so for you. (Note: if you do, send it organized by hue)

I just like doing it, even if it's not for me.

As a side note, the armor has 21 slots for dyes, which is crazy. You can customize a lot of the detail.

ReconPeon

I've been out of his game for a while now, so I got kicked from the guild, but I'm back in full force now. Is there any way I can get a re-invite? Its lonely without everyone.

Question for you guys, since the reaction I've found on the web has been pretty mixed. How do you deal with the different rarities of loot? This is what I have been doing, but I'm not sure if it's the most efficient way to handle it.

White- salvage
Blue- salvage
Green- check trading post to see if anyone wants one, if not sell to vendor
Yellow- check the trading post first, then salvage with higher level kit

Should I be forging all of my unwanted greens and yellows? I did that for awhile, but almost never received anything I was interested in...

Question for you guys, since the reaction I've found on the web has been pretty mixed. How do you deal with the different rarities of loot? This is what I have been doing, but I'm not sure if it's the most efficient way to handle it.

White- salvage
Blue- salvage
Green- check trading post to see if anyone wants one, if not sell to vendor
Yellow- check the trading post first, then salvage with higher level kit

Should I be forging all of my unwanted greens and yellows? I did that for awhile, but almost never received anything I was interested in...
White = salvage
Blue = sell to merchant
Green = put in mf hoping I get a rare
Rare = salvage for ectos
Exotic = sell on tp, check if sigil is worth more than item and salvage it with black lion kit than sell sigil or keep if I need it

That's what I do...not ver rich with gold but if I sell all my ectos I'd be pretty rich.

White = salvage
Blue = sell to merchant
Rare = salvage for ectos
Exotic = sell on tp, check if sigil is worth more than item and salvage it with black lion kit than sell sigil or keep if I need it

That's what I do...not ver rich with gold but if I sell all my ectos I'd be pretty rich.
Ok good to know! For the rares which type of salvage kit do you use?

Ploid 3.0

I really wish rune of the monk wasn't account bound. I spent all my points on those things and I was on a character that has 0 use for them. I got those points last year while messing around in dungeons with old FFXI friends. Why are these things not at least account bound? Is there some exploit they are preventing?

Cels

I really wish rune of the monk wasn't account bound. I spent all my points on those things and I was on a character that has 0 use for them. I got those points last year while messing around in dungeons with old FFXI friends. Why are these things not at least account bound? Is there some exploit they are preventing?

You can use them on throwaway gear, transmute to a white or blue to make the gear account bound then salvage on the character you want the runes on.

White = salvage
Blue = sell to merchant
Rare = salvage for ectos

I have a couple ammendments:
Rare: Check TP price, sometimes particular rares sell for more than 30-40s and it's statistically worth selling them.
Green: Vendor (this is a personal preference; the time spent MFing them plus the silver lost from not vendoring them times the chance of getting a rare is lower than the potential ectos IMHO).

Levyne

Banned
Invite sent. Make sure you represent once you join up.

Edit: Err...you are not new new, but rather, returning...so you probably know that...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
teehee pouncy paws

I too cannot tolerate the time cost of using the MF for greens.

Soon though it'll be a SALVAGE ALL THE GREENS-type dealy for the account MF boosters :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Thank you very much, GAFGuild. I am now a resident of Stormbuff Isle and I sincerely look forward to being actually able to party up and play with you fine folks.

Seriously, thank you.

nataku

More info on the portal consumable.

Anthony Ordon said:
It’s not allowed in WvW or sPvP.
Also to be clear, the recipe is exotic and tradeable, but the output of said recipe is not.

Anthony Ordon said:
More clarification:

• It’s an artificer recipe
  • You can trade the output of the recipe between characters on your account
  • The recipe makes a one-time use item, it does not unlock a new skill
  • This is not going to replace a mesmer in your party

I'm not really sure what the point of this is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MF, you should know that I MF new ways to confuse and enlighten you due to the MFing boredom that comes along with any given Wednesday afternoon. Few things are MF than MF posts in this thread to kill time.

Anyway, on top, the MF is so rarely worth the hassle that as soon as the change comes I'd much rather salvage for account-bound MF, which will be especially useful when it comes time to run MF in Fractals. Of course, by that point it will be important to have AR to run AR* in order to MF at higher levels as well.

-my friends
-must find
-motherfuck
-more fun
-making funny
-Mystic Forge
-magic find
-Molten Facility
-*Credit due to Retro
-mitigate failure
MFW typing this post: 8]
Thank you very much, GAFGuild. I am now a resident of Stormbuff Isle and I sincerely look forward to being actually able to party up and play with you fine folks.

Seriously, thank you.
Welcome my good man, and thanks as always to our valiant Immigration Fund contributors guild-wide. You folk make dreams come true.

To those looking to give back to the guild for this purpose, please check the Guild Bank, third box (Deep Cave). It is labelled for donations.

Levyne

Banned
Re: Portal

Seems like a limited scope item, but not everything added has to be of supreme significance. Just a fun little quirky item (at least my impression from what has been shared)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom