• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Someone will chime in momentarily with better answers, but yes, they have been. Most notably to the way the healing turret works (I believe it drops a water field now?), a variety of tweaks to the tools (flamethrower is better now), and some mechanical changes (most notably with the rocket jump having some weird animation lag). Everyone's been getting improved lately, even if not everyone (Ranger, mostly) isn't right where they need to be yet.

Thanks for the info. Seems like baby steps.

Grenade spamming is still top tier. Max range with some of the highest sustained damage in the game.

Flame thrower is just nowhere near it. Which is silly considering you need to stand face to face to get that thing to land a hit.

But traits were added / retooled. So you might be able to find something that works. I personally couldn't stand to play as the class knowing that I could only reach maximum potential if I clicked on a button feverishly.
Why won't they make grenades targeting enemies instead of spots of land and include auto attack?!

So they fixed some traits but sounds like it's still the standard grenade spam. That's disappointing.

Ranger has seen ton of improvements. Blast finisher, stealth, longbow arrow speed/aftercast improvement, cc on off-hand axe as well as small buffs like retaliation on axe 5, the pairing of two useful spirit traits into one "must-have" Vigorous spirits for anyone running those, the weakness buff for axe 3, significant signet improvements and lower cooldowns from the big balance patch.

Only thing that anet seems to hate is the shortbow.

Is Rangers philosophy still that most of their dps are done with their pets or can the ranger itself do a lot more damage now?

imBask

Banned
You're a mini game.

4605428+_6ced50b8339135b031ed0ea946748f50.gif

Retro

I came THIS CLOSE to needing a new keyboard.

But it's true though. If he had just followed the rules and put Bros before Hoes,
Glint would still be alive and passing her knowledge on in the fight against the other Elder Dragons, Kralkatorrik would (presumably) be dead, or at least less of a threat, Elona would most certainly be open, with possible overland routes to Cantha... Hell, Snaff would probably still be alive and doing all sorts of insane things with Golems. He was supposedly one of the smartest Asurans ever... which is saying something.

Logan had one job to do. Dumbass.

Retro

Going to delete the 80 thief for a new character. Engineer or warrior?

All three of those are really good professions, honestly... but if you don't want to buy another characters slot and you're dead set on deleting the Thief.... Warrior feels more solid, both gameplay wise and mechanically (good builds, very few useless skills). Engineer feels more fun though, and is lightyears more advanced than "Press F1 when Adrenaline is full." I mean, I love my warrior, but complicated he most certainly is not.

hey guys I have a few questions. I have been playing for a few months now and I have a level 45 Guardian a 20 warrior a 20 Elementalist and a 17 ranger.

I think i like the elementalist and warrior the most so far. I guess this is besides the point. When you guys in guild chat are getting together to do a dungeon or whatever can I go at any level? or do I need to be a certain level? how does that work?

thanks.

nataku

Looks like Evon won?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1jr5by/cutthroat_politics_voting_has_closed/

When you talk to Scholar Ela Makkay on the Zephyr Sanctum she says that Evon Gnashblade is the new councillor of Lion's Arch. I would still wait until Anet announces the results though, we don't know if it's working properly.

Herolds in LA announcing the same thing

EDIT: Twitter says

Our Queen's Jubilee livestream preview is in 30 minutes & will include a Kiel vs. Gnashblade winner announcement ~RB2

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/364453301754286080

So I guess we wait.

Levyne

Banned
Each dungeon has a level that it will downscale you to if you are above, starting at Ascalonian Catacombs (30 Story, 35 explore). Then Cadeucusususs Manor (40/45) and Twilight Arbor (50/55). Though for any of the explore modes I would probably suggest just waiting until 80 or close to it.

Oh shit: Evon!

Each dungeon has a level that it will downscale you to if you are above, starting at Ascalonian Catacombs (30 Story, 35 explore). Then Cadeucusususs Manor (40/45) and Twilight Arbor (50/55). Though for any of the explore modes I would probably suggest just waiting until 80 or close to it.

Oh shit: Evon!

hey thanks man.
It depends on the dungeon in particular. The lowest level, Ascalon Catacombs is either level 30 or 35. All of the dungeons have minimum level requirements. You'll get a letter in the mail when you hit the appropriate level to let you know you can head to that dungeon.

The "or whatever" is a little more complicated. WvW is open to everyone, and a fun way to level up. Guild missions/bounties/puzzles are randomly assigned from different zones...there's a few things you could join in on, but not all of them yet. I think the Fractal dungeon will set you at 80 as well.

alright thank you.

hey guys I have a few questions. I have been playing for a few months now and I have a level 45 Guardian a 20 warrior a 20 Elementalist and a 17 ranger.

I think i like the elementalist and warrior the most so far. I guess this is besides the point. When you guys in guild chat are getting together to do a dungeon or whatever can I go at any level? or do I need to be a certain level? how does that work?

thanks.

It depends on the dungeon in particular. The lowest level, Ascalon Catacombs is either level 30 or 35. All of the dungeons have minimum level requirements. You'll get a letter in the mail when you hit the appropriate level to let you know you can head to that dungeon.

The "or whatever" is a little more complicated. WvW is open to everyone, and a fun way to level up. Guild missions/bounties/puzzles are randomly assigned from different zones...there's a few things you could join in on, but not all of them yet. I think the Fractal dungeon will set you at 80 as well.

Ploid 3.0

Why would you do this!?

I second Retro's recommendation for Warrior. If you really must...

I figure that I wouldn't play thief anymore. I'll have 80 guardian, and mesmer soon, right now I have 80 elementalist, ranger (I like it), Necro, Thief.

While doing ranger I saw a engineer that was able to take the mob's attention off of me and my pet (cat that had all of my buffs and I had the trait buffed ice spirit, and the nice precision aoe buff from trait). It just seems like a pretty interesting and strong class.

If I buy new slots I think it would be best to buy another copy of GW2 and get 5. I guess I should wait and see how this champion gold stuff is. It cost 25 gold for enough gems to buy a slot a few weeks ago.

xeris

If I buy new slots I think it would be best to buy another copy of GW2 and get 5. I guess I should wait and see how this champion gold stuff is. It cost 25 gold for enough gems to buy a slot a few weeks ago.

Right now 100 gold gets you a bit under enough for 2 character slots and it probably won't go back up any time soon. Even so I'd rather spend in game money for the slots and not buy another copy unless you want to multi-box.

Retro

results are where?

Supposed to be announced during the live stream. Like Election Night, don't believe it until somebody concedes. Apparently there are in-game mails going out from Kiel thanking people for electing her though.

The feel, the animation, the uniqueness in ability...everything about the Torch is great.

Except damage and overall usefulness.

Sweeping Cleansing Flame through a pack of enemies is handy Melee-style AOE with the benefit of clearing conditions from allies too. Zealot's Flame is nice for being able to lob a fireball at distant targets, though I wish the default use had some utility (maybe makes you immune to the next condition applied or something). The pulses of burn damage aren't that good since Guardians already chuck a lot of Burning damage out already and it doesn't stack.

Yay, sneaky cat monster didn't win! :D

But I haven't been able to run cof more than once this week-end because I have to fly back home tmr soooo this is all bitter sweet :/

xeris

And GW1 lore is officially dead.

Fuck arenanet.

Fuck the players you mean. They voted. Honestly I'm happy with the results because I think it can lead to better storylines going forward. Didn't really care about the fractals and it didn't influence my vote, but Kiel's did sound more interesting. Throwbacks to old lore is nice, but GW2 needs to build it's own.

Edit: Damn, we almost made it a page without a Hawk post.

Retro

Looks like the Sovereign weapons can be obtained without RNG: Cogs and Gold.

Kiel won 52% to 48%.
+16 million votes cast through the election.

Maledict

It's wierd to hear people talking about the fire elemental event being over too fast - at launch it never died due to its insane hitpoints and the almost one shot fireballs it cast. How things change!

With regards to magic find gear - do we know when this change is going in? Didnt realise they were planning to remove it all, wonder if that includes the runes / signals / foods (hopefully it does).

Cannot believe Kiel won... :-(. Thermonuclear reactor is simply dull - I didn't even realise there WAS a mystery behind it. It's a giant Azura power plant - surely the only question was how long it would last before it blew up?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
BS. Evons stuff was a lot more interesting. But holy shit!!!! Waypoint Travel prices is been reduced, cant wai...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ABADDON!!!!! LET ME TOUCH YOU!

_woLf

It's wierd to hear people talking about the fire elemental event being over too fast - at launch it never died due to its insane hitpoints and the almost one shot fireballs it cast. How things change!

With regards to magic find gear - do we know when this change is going in? Didnt realise they were planning to remove it all, wonder if that includes the runes / signals / foods (hopefully it does).

Cannot believe Kiel won... :-(. Thermonuclear reactor is simply dull - I didn't even realise there WAS a mystery behind it. It's a giant Azura power plant - surely the only question was how long it would last before it blew up?

I'll give you a hint -- it was the inquest, just like everything bad that happens.

Ashodin

It was a prototype reactor the Inquest were using to test Dragon energy as a power source - they sort of perfected it at the Crucible of Eternity. It'll give us more backstory into the dragons as a whole and should be very interesting to traverse as a dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom