• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

So... TESO is a subscription based game?

1040.gif

Whelp, I guess it'll be interesting to see what the new "permanent impact" stuff will be. Although after the election has left me a bitter husk of a man, I kind of hope that it doesn't involve voting.

Retro

So... TESO is a subscription based game?

Unconfirmed, but with F2P being such a big marketing thing the fact that they haven't said anything yet feels like they're hiding something, because they know the reaction will be overwhelmingly negative.

Probably subscription based to milk the shit out of the diehard fans and maybe a few people who don't know better. When those fall off, they'll switch to F2P, guaranteed. The question is, are they aware this is how it's going to go, and building the game to be F2P from the ground up, or are they completely out of touch with reality and building the game around a sub? Because if it's the latter, there's a transition period that gets pretty ugly (SWTOR's switch looked especially painful from the outside, can't imagine what it was like to actually play it).

Levyne

Banned
Had a proper send off by running a handful of dungeons with some friends, ending with CoF1....

I'm a little misty eyed. Everything will be different next time I log on.

;-;

Goodnight, friends! Weird to say that in a post and not a chat line but whatever!

Katoki

So after that SBI TS fiasco, we're on Twisted Effect's TS now for mainly Eternal Battlegrounds WvW. Will relay in-game later on for those who're interested.

Levyne

Banned
Mmhm. Though when Bannok was leading today they were on the usual server (which isn't surprising) and the TE server was empty. Hopefully they stick to one or the other.

Katoki

Care to fill us in?

I actually have no idea what happened in there besides for some guys in Twisted Effect / Hostile Territory revolting against something with TS names that were against the code of conduct and getting flat out banned. I don't know if warnings happened at all, but ever since that day, the SBI TS has this CoC pop-up every time you connect. From what I read of the CoC, the first offense is a 24-hour ban but it doesn't seem to be that way this time around.

Because of that, Star Player had to move to/start up a TS under his guild which has been being advertised in the Eternal Battlegrounds during the later hours after Bannok goes for the night since that's when Fiddlesticks will pin. The thing is that I'm told that Bannok still uses the SBI TS so I'll assume everyone just switches over when Twisted Effect commanders start tagging up because Star can't command on the SBI TS.

I can't speak for any of the "it's more community oriented and not for commanders" and "the people who run the team speak don't command in WvW" stuff that's been talked about lately though. I think part of it stems from the Eternal Battleground folks having this community built up. We'll occasionally jump to the borderlands to "help" or cap a keep so that the other servers will flock there leaving us an opening in EB but none of the commanders will say today is a borderland day or any of that. At the end of the day, we'll always be defending the battlegrounds because it's where our battles are fought.

Dec

So when do the living world events go live? I know during the Halloween one there was a cutscene showing him coming out of the ground and everything and I'd like to see whatever happens for this event. I only recently came back to the game though so I'm not sure what time I should be on.

Katoki

So when do the living world events go live? I know during the Halloween one there was a cutscene showing him coming out of the ground and everything and I'd like to see whatever happens for this event. I only recently came back to the game though so I'm not sure what time I should be on.

3.5 hours til we're allowed entry again if all goes well.

Jira

Today's update is an exception due to the 6 hour downtime which doesn't ever happen actually. On a normal update the updates come out any time between 9am-12 noon PST or so. Living Story updates are active as soon as they go out, they're not like the holiday events that may have specific times. So you'll be able to get on in roughly 4 hours.

Jira

I assumed it would start after maintenance but was unsure. That's extremely early (5 AM PST?).

6am pst, though if the past is any indication ANet always overestimates how long it takes them to do any kind of server work and it'll probably be up sooner.

Jira

Datamining from the patch:

Appearance
109627_0671 Double-click to randomly reassign a character's appearance settings: height, body type, skin color, markings, face, and hair. Race, gender, and profession will remain the same. This item will be consumed when finished.
109628_0097 Random Makeover Potion
109629_0520 Random Hair Tonic
Bank space
109780_0685 Double-click to increase the maximum stack size of all bank collections by 250.
109780_0686 Collection Expander
Anniversary (not your birthday)
109837_0747 A thank you to all who celebrate our first anniversary by playing Guild Wars 2 with us. All those who play on August 28, 2013 receive 200 free Gems.
109837_0748 Guild Wars 2 First Anniversary
109837_0749 First Anniversary Attended
109838_0212 Receive 200 free Gems for logging in on August 28, 2013.
Advanced Transmutation
109841_0956 Recover Transmuted
109841_0957 Will return the original appearance item and stats item from an existing transmuted item. All items will remain soulbound.
109841_0958 Recover Upgrades
109841_0959 This tool will remove the upgrade from any item, without destroying either the upgrade or the item.
109841_0960 Customize your
109841_0961 Change the stats combination once on a particular piece of equipment. Item will become soulbound. Combination choices are limited by item type, level, and rarity.
109842_0205 Item Stat Changer
109842_0206 Double-click to separate a transmuted item into the two base items it is made from. If the target item has been transmuted more than once, only the current appearance item and the current stat item will be recovered.
109842_0207 Transmutation Splitter
109842_0208 Removes the upgrade from any item, without destroying the item.
109842_0209 Upgrade Removal Tool
Secret Treasure Maps
109842_0035 Secret Treasure Map
109842_0034 Use this map while in the Iron Marches to track down hidden treasure
109842_0037 Use this map while in Fireheart Rise to track down hidden treasure
109842_0039 Use this map while in Mount Maelstrom to track down hidden treasure
109842_0040 Use this map while in Frostgorge Sound to track down hidden treasure
109842_0041 Use this map while in Sparkfly Fen to track down hidden treasure
Salvaging
109842_0050 Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 10% chance of rarer materials. 20% chance of recovering upgrades. Requires 3 copper per use.
109842_0051 Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
109842_0053 Grants access to the Royal Terrace in Divinity's Reach. Redeemable at any time. Expires two weeks after first use. Double-click to display the pass.
109842_0054 Royal Pass (2 weeks)
Consumable Portals
109842_0077 Double-click to receive a bundle item that can create a portal between two locations.
109842_0078 Watchwork Portal Device
109842_0079 Reverse-engineered plans for a personal portal.
109842_0080 Recipe: Watchwork Portal Device
WvW
109843_0106 Supply Master I: Pick Up Supply Faster
109843_0107 Supply Master III: Gain Courier Speed for a Short Duration
109843_0108 Movement speed increased by 50%
109843_0109 Courier Speed
109843_0111 Supply Master IV: Chance to Get Back Some of Your Supply That Is Spent
109843_0112 This buff is to track the cooldown on Supply master 4-5
109843_0113 Supply Master V: Your Placed Siege Sites Are Invulnerable for a Short Duration
109843_0114 Supply Master II: Gain Swiftness When You Spend All Your Supply

"A migratory market's just opened at the foot of Mount Maelstrom! See its wonders before it leaves!" 109839_0735
Presumably called 'The Wandering Bazaar'. (Perhaps it's a small Bazaar envoy, so we can still get recipes and things?) 109839_0737
Wandering magicians appearing in cities.

wat

Wallach

Had a proper send off by running a handful of dungeons with some friends, ending with CoF1....

I'm a little misty eyed. Everything will be different next time I log on.

;-;

Goodnight, friends! Weird to say that in a post and not a chat line but whatever!

Why will everything be different? I haven't heard what's all in this patch.

Katoki

He's just being dramatic. A major part of the patch is reviewing the dungeons and then assigning an appropriate value to clearing the paths. This way CoF 1 will no longer be the way to earn money since a lot of other things are going to be much more viable than they were before.

Jira

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

He's specifically referring to

Bonus Rewards for Dungeons

Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons. Guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons have been removed in lieu of these new rewards for dungeon completion; all other drops off of bosses have not been changed. Now you have even more incentive for braving the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria!

Wallach

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/august-06-2013/

He's specifically referring to

Bonus Rewards for Dungeons

Each day when you finish a unique path for any explorable or story dungeon, you’ll receive a bonus reward for completion—1 to 3 gold for explorable dungeons depending on their length and difficulty, 50 silver for story dungeons. Guaranteed coin rewards that previously dropped from bosses in dungeons have been removed in lieu of these new rewards for dungeon completion; all other drops off of bosses have not been changed. Now you have even more incentive for braving the hazards of the dungeons of Tyria!

Ah, I see. Nice change. I'm more interested in the account wallet and combat effects changes, as those have been requested since before the game launched. I'm going to reclaim a huge amount of bank space from that.

kanamechan

Of course the masses are going to vote for Kiel. She's human. She's got boobs

Please. The people that would care that she has breasts are the very people that wouldn't vote for her based on that.

It has a reason that many of the people unhappy with the character keep talking about her breasts or how she should be going through horrible gendered things they wouldn't be saying about a male character.

Ah, I see. Nice change. I'm more interested in the account wallet and combat effects changes, as those have been requested since before the game launched. I'm going to reclaim a huge amount of bank space from that.
Your bank space should be empty because you never play.

I guess the update isn't out yet?

Wallach

Your bank space should be empty because you never play.

I guess the update isn't out yet?

Man I have like 800 hours worth of garbo in my bank. My bank looks like GW2's waste bin; random bits of holiday events, skins, all manner of things that got picked up off the ground. Didn't help that this achievement reward update dumped like 1,500 WvW badges on me.

Man I have like 800 hours worth of garbo in my bank. My bank looks like GW2's waste bin; random bits of holiday events, skins, all manner of things that got picked up off the ground. Didn't help that this achievement reward update dumped like 1,500 WvW badges on me.

Yeah for me a whole bank tab full of dungeon tokens, badges and guild comms will free up so I can start collecting more sets for each character.

Levyne

Banned
I actually have no idea what happened in there besides for some guys in Twisted Effect / Hostile Territory revolting against something with TS names that were against the code of conduct and getting flat out banned. I don't know if warnings happened at all, but ever since that day, the SBI TS has this CoC pop-up every time you connect. From what I read of the CoC, the first offense is a 24-hour ban but it doesn't seem to be that way this time around.

Because of that, Star Player had to move to/start up a TS under his guild which has been being advertised in the Eternal Battlegrounds during the later hours after Bannok goes for the night since that's when Fiddlesticks will pin. The thing is that I'm told that Bannok still uses the SBI TS so I'll assume everyone just switches over when Twisted Effect commanders start tagging up because Star can't command on the SBI TS.

I can't speak for any of the "it's more community oriented and not for commanders" and "the people who run the team speak don't command in WvW" stuff that's been talked about lately though. I think part of it stems from the Eternal Battleground folks having this community built up. We'll occasionally jump to the borderlands to "help" or cap a keep so that the other servers will flock there leaving us an opening in EB but none of the commanders will say today is a borderland day or any of that. At the end of the day, we'll always be defending the battlegrounds because it's where our battles are fought.

I don't know how one thing became another thing entirely, but supposedly it started with Star Player and Co. being frustrated with lack of players on Saturday during the server temple run, which gets its own channel in the TS (and apparantly has a lot of overlap with SBI BL crew (to the extent that we have one)?). Star supposedly said that they should move the timing of the temple run, come to wvw, they answer that they shouldn't be told how to play and when, somehow shenanigans and general attitude go sour, leading to trollish name changes and bans. I know that general progression is a bit foggy but that's the sort of answer Star gave in TS when he was asked. Though maybe that was partly invented or embellished on his part?

Heh. It's been answered, but yeah, CoF 1 will still be worth running but not worth repeating over and over again. More variety dungeons run in GAF is okay in my book.

And some of the datamined stuff seems really cool like the Transmutation splitter/upgrade removal tool, though I won't properly get excited until I see them in the patch notes.

So.. childishness and ego. Sweet. Well honestly I'm not going to be bothered with back and forth ts server hopping. Mofos need to get over their bs and have one unified voip server otherwise it's pointless.

Retro

“Defeat the Claw of Jormag”: The champions in this event no longer drop loot.

Well, that's that. Now maybe Claw won't take 4 hours because everyone is more focused on the champs at the back.

Logged in to get all my stuff into the wallet and just wanted to let people know that you get 5 free tickets in the mail per character and they're account bound.

So if you're like me and only have 1 main and your alts are mess around, you can collect all the tickets for one character to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom