• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Some of these trait choses are actually tough. I feel like in the old system every trait tier had an obvious choice. However:

• Aeromancer’s Training: Gain 190 precision while attuned to air. Recharge of air weapon skills is reduced by 33%.
  • Tempest Defense: Surround yourself with a shocking aura for 4 seconds when disabled. Deal 20% increased damage to stunned or knocked down foes.

So either higher crit chance when attuned to air + reduced weapon recharge or...20% extra damage on a boss with Ice Bow 5 followed by 4. The usefulness depends on how long the fight is going on for.

Zeroth

Ike will be thrilled to find out tge warrior spec is apparently called "berserker" and the gallant skins might be what he wanted for some weapons.

So...I was trying to withdraw one Fancy Holiday Cabinet Tonic from the Guild Stash and the stack disappeared on me. I tried the alt-drag to get one but, the first time it transferred all 30 so I redeposited them to try again. The second time they just disappeared. I have no idea what happened and the transaction didn't log so it's like it rolled back but, didn't restore the item.

I'm not sure what happened there but, I wanted to give a heads up that it happened. I'll put in something to replace them since I was the one who screwed it up somehow.

EDIT: never mind, I logged out and back in and they were in my inventory.

Retro

The Dragonite Ore eater is a mini Karka hatchling named Princess.

You need to find 50 hatchlings hiding in LA to unlock her.

<3

Spyware

Sooo... have made 13 of my 40 new builds so far. I'm really bad at this so it's a very slow process. Most have been pretty straight forward, at least after a little while when I actually got a grip of where stuff had moved ;P But one elementalist had her build completely removed. I can't figure out any way to make more than 4 of them interesting now so I'm probably not gonna play her until she can be a Tempest :/

Logged in for a minute to check the new weapons (nice ones, loved the staff, but it's more in Cresc's style than mine) and take a little peek at LA. Gonna explore it with Cresc later but the first impression was
AMAZEBALLS!

Proven

Won a game on Necro. Felt like the amulet rebalance carried me more than the new Blood Magic traits (I can get way more out of Berserker than the low health classes).

Switched to Warrior. Apparently I had him parked in Lion's Arch. Trying to load into Lion's Arch froze GW2. Dammit. Might as well try Thief, maybe.

I'm really depressed by the fact that you can no longer use ground-targeted traps as a Ranger. It has been my build on my main since forever, now I feel a bit lost (and somewhat angry about it truth to be told).

nataku

I really like the new LA, overall. I was a little put off by it at first since I really loved the pirate ships as buildings aesthetic, but after looking around more there are enough hints of it to satisfy me.

I didn't see the lion statue fountain at all though, which really sucks.

I really like the new LA, overall. I was a little put off by it at first since I really loved the pirate ships as buildings aesthetic, but after looking around more there are enough hints of it to satisfy me.

I didn't see the lion statue fountain at all though, which really sucks.

It's Lobster's Arch now

Wanderer5

My guardian angel.:p

2015-06-23_00032_zpsudhkrb40.jpg

Also like the non-hobo pack bombs alot, and enjoy the new mortar kit, through still yet to see how useful it can be.

Thorgal

I decided to take a quick peek since framerate is currently horrendous on my rig to the point i was watching not even a slideshow but regular photo's .

That being said , i already love what they did to Lobster Lions arch .

Ashodin

Apparently flamethrower shows up in first person retro. TF2!
Oh hey.heyyyyyy

xA8qvVk.png

Looks like retro gets his wish! Thief with staff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe I'll use the extra character slot I wind up with to make a staffy thief. It doesn't really suit my current one. Sounds cool though.

Don't get your hopes up for staff thief. They showed some heavy class with something that looked like land spears in a trailer before HoT was officially announced, but they later confirmed there would be no land spears. The art team is doing their own thing most likely

Fishious

I'm really depressed by the fact that you can no longer use ground-targeted traps as a Ranger. It has been my build on my main since forever, now I feel a bit lost (and somewhat angry about it truth to be told).

I'm in the same boat. I think retraiting all my other characters is going to be a lot less time consuming than my ranger. While I'm not angry over it, it's going to be a big adjustment. And I'm not really sure why it was removed in the first place. Was it just a thematic thing since it made them not really function as "traps", but just AOEs? Is it because Healing Spring is a trap and they don't want me throwing it?

I'm sure I'll find something eventually, but it might take a while before I find a build that feels right. Because it's not so much about the absolute power or utility that is an issue for me, it's how much fun I find the playstyle.

Spyware

Don't get your hopes up for staff thief. They showed some heavy class with something that looked like land spears in a trailer before HoT was officially announced, but they later confirmed there would be no land spears. The art team is doing their own thing most likely
Well, they basically showed revenant staff. This is also not really the same type of situation. That pic is from an album with the pics that are the backgrounds on the stuff in the training tab. Thief with melee staff would make lots of sense since they should want to make more skins for it already since one prof has it. Makes sense to make at least two profs use melee staff then.

Zeroth

Staff thief would be odd since ranger is already getting staff.

Also, best image

That_shaman datamined stuff from the new patch.

It's not impossible given rev spec will also give shield, but it's worth keeping in mind one of the warrior artwork shows a warrior with a polearm, so it is not a indicative of anything.

I'm sure I'll find something eventually, but it might take a while before I find a build that feels right. Because it's not so much about the absolute power or utility that is an issue for me, it's how much fun I find the playstyle.
Exactly, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the best build power-wise, but I found it really enjoyable. I/We'll have to change how we play quite a lot, which it's a bit of shame really :(

Wanderer5

Well, they basically showed revenant staff. This is also not really the same type of situation. That pic is from an album with the pics that are the backgrounds on the stuff in the training tab. Thief with melee staff would make lots of sense since they should want to make more skins for it already since one prof has it. Makes sense to make at least two profs use melee staff then.

I would think they spread it out weapon wise, but honestly I think staff would be more interesting than say rifle for Thief.

I found Suriel The Blazing Light running around Fort Marriner with the description 'Training for the Next Gauntlet.' Has that always been there?

Ashodin

shit, I can't figure out what this symbol build wants to be. If I slot Honor, it's more tanky + has damage.

If I slot virtues, it's more raw damage but subjective to aegis loss.

Proven

I'm in the same boat. I think retraiting all my other characters is going to be a lot less time consuming than my ranger. While I'm not angry over it, it's going to be a big adjustment. And I'm not really sure why it was removed in the first place. Was it just a thematic thing since it made them not really function as "traps", but just AOEs? Is it because Healing Spring is a trap and they don't want me throwing it?

It's mostly because of the former: they weren't being used as traps. With Dragon Hunter coming they wanted to rework traps to be more powerful and used as traps. Otherwise you're just casting AoEs like an Elementalist. That said, sorry for your loss.

Moondrop

Banned
Condi beastmaster is the truth. It can tick for 3500+/sec and my jaguar can crit the heavy golem for 1500+ with Sic 'Em. I worked that shout into the build but more importantly the Quick Draw trait over the shortbow trait. 66% CD reduction on the first skill you use after weapon swap- in my build, that's bonfire on torch and the daze/stun on shortbow. Quite potent.

Terrior is, unfortunately, not the truth at this time.

Wanderer5

So I noticed there only one dungeon vendor, which covers all of them, and some priory guy rather than Dougal Keane.:( I hope Dougal was just moved to somewhere else.

Lunar15

So, uh, I haven't really been paying attention in a long time. Why does my view distance seem awful in Lion's Arch (I have it set to ultra) and did they change the camera FOV at some point? It used to center high to my character's chest, now it's about in the waist.

Maybe it's all the fog or something, but it just feels so empty and bland.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Family dinner... And more work to do when I get home. But I WILL see lions arch today!
I found Suriel The Blazing Light running around Fort Marriner with the description 'Training for the Next Gauntlet.' Has that always been there?
Awwwwesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom