• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guild events!! Yes please! I would normally think jumping puzzles in a group would be a nightmare but I think it's necessary for this one. Bring out your mesmers people, you're gonna need em
I dunno what you're talking about, jumping puzzles in a big group are always hilariously awesome

I don't know where the entrance to the new JP is but I want to do it tonight

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for all the advice! I've been playing off and on since release but I do forget stuff and the game changes so much that I sometimes have trouble getting back into it.

Like, I am pretty sure I had no idea about EOFTM and that it was another viable way to level.

I've been playing as a guardian for a few hours now and decided to go into the pvp lobby to check out the specs and stuff.

I know it was never a good idea to go full support build but any chance that it's a bit more viable now?

Pve or pvp? I feel that in pve, guardian provides a lot of support options without really trying, just by nature of how their virtues, utility skills, and even some weapon skills work. That is, a damage oriented build is still going to give the group aegis and still gonna blind enemies. You can always slot a mace for a regen symbol, etc. Slot a few more shouts on the fly and you're giving the group stability, regen, protection, whatever and you don't really need to change your traits much at all. But, you /can/ and make your shouts convert conditions too. Change your gear to have more healing power and suddenly your staff skills will heal notably more. Change a few traits or runes and you can clear conditions on shouts or share your virtues more easily. So basically I feel like guard has a ton of support options but I wouldn't go "pure" support because you still gotta kill the things. Just pick the support options you like best, get a couple and maybe change depending on the fight. The stability on virtue of courage is a cool one, off the top of my head.

For pvp I used to run an old Altruistic Healing support shout build with a cleric amulet, but the lack of damage output just meant I would have a hard time finishing off 1v1s at capture points and often battles only ended once aid arrived on either team. Sometimes it worked okay by forcing the enemy to outnumber me at a certain spot, but hitting people with a feather for a hammer just wasn't very fun. I switched to a more damage based amulet ("crusader", now) and trait ed a few more damage skills and traits (new elite shout seems to help) and while I still provide healing power and some tankiness, I actually have something kinda resembling a burst now.

So, I wouldn't just seek to go absolutely full support in either game mode, but Yea, I encourage looking at the specs and picking some favorites.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I don't know if it was because of stat changes mitigating them to items, conditions being deadlier or trait revamp but PVP was a hot mess last night. All of my builds were powerhouses, people were dropping left and right. There was a Warrior running around 2-shotting people.

FAzmFcm.gif

Levyne

Banned
I don't know if it was because of stat changes mitigating them to items, conditions being deadlier or trait revamp but PVP was a hot mess last night. All of my builds were powerhouses, people were dropping left and right. There was a Warrior running around 2-shotting people.

http://i.imgur.com/FAzmFcm.gif[iMG][/QUOTE]

The pvp matches I did last night were a lot of fun. We probably just had some lucky draws but we were...uh..stomping a whole bunch. Matches were only closeish because we wanted to kill people and weren't playing the points real well, lol. I still hate mesmers though. I have yet to see a multi moa or whatever.

The pvp matches I did last night were a lot of fun. We probably just had some lucky draws but we were...uh..stomping a whole bunch. Matches were only closeish because we wanted to kill people and weren't playing the points real well, lol. I still hate mesmers though. I have yet to see a multi moa or whatever.

I think everyone in those matches just wanted to kill anyone they came across to see what their new build could do. I know I did :3 There were a whole lot of random ass fights in the middle of nowhere. Every map is courtyard. Good times

Just to clarify I suggest Pillars of Eternity because it is Baldur's Gate 3 with your style of druid. No one has to leave GW2 to play it.

IMMA STAG!

Stag-icon.jpg

(I play Druid main in Pillars) :p

And yes, Pillars is being awesome. I'm so glad my better half picked it up, so now I can play it too.

Levyne

Banned
I watched Brazil's new ranger guide for a potential pve build.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljux9o5FGM

I had thought of a fury proc remorseless build, but I didn't consider the GS fury trait or the reduced shout trait for fury from the elite, which is now a shout. Wasn't expecting gs to be back in favor for the swap from sword but it makes sense. Quickdraw maul and Path of scars does seem neat.

Edit: I also didn't realize strength of the pack pulsed fury too. I thought just the stability portion pulsed. So more synergy with remorseless. Actually excited to mess with it.

Quenk

I had thought of a fury proc remorseless build, but I didn't consider the GS fury trait or the reduced shout trait for fury from the elite, which is now a shout. Wasn't expecting gs to be back in favor for the swap from sword but it makes sense. Quickdraw maul and Path of scars does seem neat.

Yesterday I was considering a sw/axe + sw/wh set up for Quickdraw birds and more fury.

Ashodin

So I am in need of some fractal experience in order to get Mawdrey. Would it be possible to get involved in a guild run so that I do not broadcast my noobitude to randoms?

Totally could help you with that. When are you available?

Edit: I also didn't realize strength of the pack pulsed fury too. I thought just the stability portion pulsed. So more synergy with remorseless. Actually excited to mess with it.

Was playing around with Remorseless last night with Rostad, I pretty much had perma Fury perma Opening Strike. Shit was bonkers.

Proven

Literally my worst fear for Druid. Go roll a Norn or play PoE. :p

I tried more engi flamethrower with knight's amulet and there's definitely something there for putting AoE pressure on a point. But it's kind of silly to work on power builds right now with conditions so strong.

Surprisingly, I'm hearing from other sources that power damage is winning out in PvP over conditions, if only because condition cleanse is still strong with conditions come up to match, while power damage has only gotten stronger.

We'll see how the meta shakes out. This weekend's Go4 GW2 Weekly will also be extra entertaining to watch.

Moondrop

Banned
Surprisingly, I'm hearing from other sources that power damage is winning out in PvP over conditions, if only because condition cleanse is still strong with conditions come up to match, while power damage has only gotten stronger.
To clarify I still plan to run mostly power builds, but I meant that this is the best time to test condi builds before they tone down conditions. Already they've had to nerf condi mesmer, so I missed out on those funtimes. I'll try condi warrior and thief today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Didn't yet post here about it but the Lock AOE To Max Range option for ground targeting that was added is absolutely fucking glorious using a gamepad. it's a perfect fit

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Of course, but I haven't decided where yet. Nothing came to me while playing around with the world bosses last night. :-/

1-4 on the d-pad was so elegant!

Fishious

Thanks for this and thanks to everyone's that's been discussing ranger builds. It's helpful reading other people's thoughts and it's pointed out synergies I'd overlooked entirely. That said I haven't had much time to play around with the specializations (spent most of the evening karka hunting with friends), but it seems a lot easier to make a usable build now that everything's been consolidated. The new Remorseless seems pretty crazy just by itself.

The lack of Longbow makes it more attractive to me. You're actually encouraged to swap weapons and not just ride the sword auto.

Quenk

Lupi is Unstoppable, so I expect this to get patched out, eventually. All enemies with that ability will probably become immune to Slow.

Kind of a weird thing for them to forget.

Yeah I'm sure it'll get patched out. I guess they didn't add it to unstoppable because of the distinction between movement-impeding effects and something that affects ability timing.

Moondrop

Banned
Of all the crazy bugs that've crawled out since the patch, my favorite might be "Med Kit consumables are being consumed by mini pets."

Retro

New build notes:
Bug Fixes:
General
  • Fixed server crashes.
  • Fixed a crash involving the WvW Spring 2014 Tournament ticket mail.
  • Fixed a bug that caused bonus chests awarded from some events to display incorrect descriptions.
  • Fixed a bug in PvP in which profession, level, and health information for some party members displayed incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some skills to affect more targets than intended.
  • Warden: Removed a conversation option that referenced profession trainers that no longer exist.
Professions
Engineer
  • Shrapnel: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from functioning properly with all of the Elite Mortar Kit skills.
  • Streamlined Kits: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait’s recharge from triggering properly when equipping Elite Mortar Kit.
  • Mortar Shot: Reduced the damage by 28%.
  • Automated Medical Response: This trait now correctly recharges Med Kit’s Bandage Self skill.
Guardian
  • Inner Fire: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to trigger only at 3 stacks instead of 3 or more stacks.

Mesmer
  • Chaotic Dampening: Reduced the recharge reduction percent of staff skills per pulse of chaos armor from 5% to 2%.
  • Power Block: Reduced the damage on interrupt by 17%.
Necromancer
  • Vampiric Presence: Fixed this trait to use the necromancer as the source of the life steal.
Ranger
  • Quick Draw: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working properly with Swoop.
  • Two-Handed Training: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working properly with Swoop.
  • Water Spirit—Aqua Surge: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.
  • Sun Spirit—Solar Flare: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.
  • Stone Spirit—Quicksand: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.
  • Frost Spirit—Cold Snap: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.
  • Storm Spirit—Call Lightning: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.
  • Spirit of Nature—Nature’s Renewal: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from properly recharging when used.

Thief
  • Hidden Thief: This trait now applies 3 seconds of stealth rather than firing blinding powder.

Wallach

Fixed a bug that caused some skills to affect more targets than intended.

That note is a pretty big deal as far as how world bosses were playing out. They're still gonna get #rekt2015 but it'll be a little less so when stuff like Blood is Power isn't applying Might to everyone in radius instead of just 5 people. Apparently Guardian buffs for Might and Quickness were doing it too. Not sure how many skills were affected overall, but apparently it was widespread across classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom