• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aw man, didn't log in over the weekend and missed wishing my fellow Hawk a happy birthday.. Well happy belated! Based on "im drunk" I assume it was a good one.

Skreeee
thanks! Skreee!
Don't know how anyone finds guild missions fun anymore.
don't know how anyone finds you tolerable anymore! :D

Counterpoint to the above stuff, I don't personally have many issues with how Guild Missions operate and outside of uneven difficulty I like most of them individually as well. I'd vastly prefer a lot more different new missions than even more dramatic changes to the way they function than the ones we've heard about.

Tech-Wolf

I'll leave this here. It seem since today there a current issue with launcher unable to connect to a server. I had this issue and I folowed those step and it got fixed. It is unknow if it is regionn based and if you're wondering i'm in Canada.

Also the issue seem to be that the launcher is unable to connect to the asset server and based on this more then half of the asset server are down. I wonder what happened there.

Duress

To add to this; events that occur near hearts often contribute to their progress as well.

When I'm playing I usually just head out and look for events, gathering and killing enemies as I go. I don't stay in one map either, if I'm wandering around and hit an exit I'll just head that way if it's not too high level. When I eventually do feel like working on map completion, I end up with a bunch zones that are usually almost done to knock out really easily.

Keep an eye open for NPCs waving or calling you, they're telling you where events are. Usually they actually say something but sometimes I've noticed it's just "<so and so> waves at Professor Retro."

I thought I was special, when they waved. :(

spiritfox

We need new news, we're devolving into fighting over Kos.

Speaking of news, new engie drone skins were datamined. Looks like they might correspond to the different skill slots. Maybe some sort of activated skill for each different drone?

Ashodin

We need new news, we're devolving into fighting over Kos.

Speaking of news, new engie drone skins were datamined. Looks like they might correspond to the different skill slots. Maybe some sort of activated skill for each different drone?

I'm betting each one will attach to your hammer as a blast cap (already seen in the trailer) when pressed to add extra damage, healing, condi, other stuff.

spiritfox

I'm betting each one will attach to your hammer as a blast cap (already seen in the trailer) when pressed to add extra damage, healing, condi, other stuff.

That's a bit boring compared to the skills we've seen from the other Elites. Maybe instead of just numbered bonuses they give some active effect, like activating a Signet.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-7-2015

hzwt6ZD.jpg

Spyware

This update make me insanely happy/relieved.
Since we got a huge update 2 weeks ago with a bunch of issues I (correctly) assumed they would fix them 2 week later "like always". I made the mistake of telling the world boss hunters this at SB yesterday...
People were talking about the doubled HP and that it was a mistake and yadayada. I said "Well, it's gonna make more sense when they fix the crit issue tomorrow". I then got jumped by about 5 people in a very mean tone saying I was lying and stuff, that no one had said anything about an update today and so on. And they were right about that last part so I said "Oh, sorry, I meant 'next patch' and just assumed tomorrow based on the update schedule of 2 weeks. Didn't mean to mislead". They became even more mean and yelled many different things about how stupid I was to "assume" such things and calling them facts (which I never actually did) when Anet never ever patch stuff and the 2 week shedule is oooonly when Living Story is active. That's obviously wrong but no one in the whole map backed me up :(

MattyG

Banned
Do any of you use mouses with buttons for MMOs or anything? I'm thinking of getting a G600. My G100S is starting to feel a little uncomfortable for longer playing sessions. I'm just worried that the buttons on the 600 might be a gimmick or something.

They didn't fix either Warrior bug that affected anything one might actually use.

The Blademaster trait still doesn't lower Riposte's cooldown to 12 seconds, even though the tool-tip changes and says it should, and Berserker's Power still doesn't activate with the Longbow's Combustive Shot attack, even though the tool-tip clearly says it should.

They did manage to nerf Adrenaline gain a tiny bit more, even if it was a bug. It hadn't been a problem for the last 10 months and had way less of an impact than the two above bugs, but it still managed to get precedence. Before today, the first time you entered a map or instance and before you entered combat, you could use skills to give yourself Adrenaline, and it wouldn't drain until the first time you entered and left combat. Now it instantly drains even in that case.

It's pretty annoying how difficult to manage they've made this class mechanic over the past year. Too bad Necros don't instantly lose their Death Shroud every time they step out of combat; it's really unfair how much ANet likes Necromancer over Warrior.

Taffer

They didn't fix either Warrior bug that affected anything one might actually use.

The Blademaster trait still doesn't lower Riposte's cooldown to 12 seconds, even though the tool-tip changes and says it should, and Berserker's Power still doesn't activate with the Longbow's Combustive Shot attack, even though the tool-tip clearly says it should.

They did manage to nerf Adrenaline gain a tiny bit more, even if it was a bug. It hadn't been a problem for the last 10 months and had way less of an impact than the two above bugs, but it still managed to get precedence. Before today, the first time you entered a map or instance and before you entered combat, you could use skills to give yourself Adrenaline, and it wouldn't drain until the first time you entered and left combat. Now it instantly drains even in that case.

It's pretty annoying how difficult to manage they've made this class mechanic over the past year. Too bad Necros don't instantly lose their Death Shroud every time they step out of combat; it's really unfair how much ANet likes Necromancer over Warrior.

<3

Retro

Update:
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a server crash
Confirmed on twitter to be the World Boss crash.

likegjsts.png

Haha, I'm glad a couple of people appreciated that.

Uuuuh I think necros win the neglected child contest

I tried to make it sound like I was complaining on the official forums, but I think my post ended up making too much sense to fit in there. Still need practice.

I have seen that Necro comparison used seriously though.

nataku

So if anyone else is curious about the steam controller, a guy had hands on with it and it's various config options. One of the games he tested out was GW2. I guess he really liked it and it'll be his way of playing it going forward, but no word how exactly he configured it. I'm not sure if he can set it up similar to the way Hawk and company have theirs set up or not.

http://devinandrewwhite.com/2015/07/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-valves-steam-controller/

I also tried some RPGs. My main go-to MMO, Guild Wars 2,* took some finagling to create a workable control scheme, but it was not too long before I became comfortable killing centaurs from my couch. I did obviously need a keyboard for chatting, so it was not perfect, but this will definitely be how I am playing this game from now on.

Zeroth

Haha, I'm glad a couple of people appreciated that.

I tried to make it sound like I was complaining on the official forums, but I think my post ended up making too much sense to fit in there. Still need practice.

I have seen that Necro comparison used seriously though.

You cant start with reasonable complains then post a catch 22 at the end. All your post must be incessant whining Ike

Thorgal

You forgot to add at the end something :

Anet seems to have completely lost the plot of what they are doing , it is a kitten disgrace and it seems Anet hates veterans and Necros .
If nothing changes by the time HOT comes out i will quit playing this game and tell all my friends to quit playing as well , but you can be sure that i will visit these forums everyday to bitch and moan about how much Anet sucks and are incompetent hacks ,eventough i am no longer playing this game and probably have more important tings to do with my life .

Ashodin

Seems more controller converts coming. Yay fixed signets not working with perfect inscriptions!

Also snuck in with my pre purchase to get dat Revenant booty.

Swiggity swooty I'm coming for that stronghold booty

Fixed a bug in which the attack targets of some bosses could not be hit by melee or ground-targeted attacks.

I wonder if this fixed the last boss (Shadow of the Dragon) in the living world episodes. I remember people not being able to melee it for the past few months.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This update make me insanely happy/relieved.
Since we got a huge update 2 weeks ago with a bunch of issues I (correctly) assumed they would fix them 2 week later "like always". I made the mistake of telling the world boss hunters this at SB yesterday...
People were talking about the doubled HP and that it was a mistake and yadayada. I said "Well, it's gonna make more sense when they fix the crit issue tomorrow". I then got jumped by about 5 people in a very mean tone saying I was lying and stuff, that no one had said anything about an update today and so on. And they were right about that last part so I said "Oh, sorry, I meant 'next patch' and just assumed tomorrow based on the update schedule of 2 weeks. Didn't mean to mislead". They became even more mean and yelled many different things about how stupid I was to "assume" such things and calling them facts (which I never actually did) when Anet never ever patch stuff and the 2 week shedule is oooonly when Living Story is active. That's obviously wrong but no one in the whole map backed me up :(
Bleh. wish some of us had been around to pop some caps.
So if anyone else is curious about the steam controller, a guy had hands on with it and it's various config options. One of the games he tested out was GW2. I guess he really liked it and it'll be his way of playing it going forward, but no word how exactly he configured it. I'm not sure if he can set it up similar to the way Hawk and company have theirs set up or not.

http://devinandrewwhite.com/2015/07/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-valves-steam-controller/
It absolutely would be viable to set it up in a similar manner to ours. I can't wait to play around with one.

*sigh* I need to make a decision on how to incorporate F5. Was playing with my Engi a little finally and I can throw a thing that turns other things into Moas. I need to be able to do that.

tiijj

Do any of you use mouses with buttons for MMOs or anything? I'm thinking of getting a G600. My G100S is starting to feel a little uncomfortable for longer playing sessions. I'm just worried that the buttons on the 600 might be a gimmick or something.

That's what I use, I really like that mouse but the thousands of those unnecessary clicks from opening bags, karma jugs, lucks, liquid exp, etc... have taken a toll on the left click button. Comfort-wise I can't say if it will be better than the G100S since everyone has different hands. As for the buttons, I had the skill bar, F-keys, and dodge mapped on the buttons on the side and on the top. I also mapped the "g-shift" key as my F key, it works great in looting everything without actually thinking about it since I've gotten a habit of pressing it. You can play one handed on easy contents like map completion, world boss, and easy dungeons (casual runs).

Thief Elite Specialization.. Could it be Shadow Assassin?

Shortbow in gem store is called that, and it sounds oddly fitting. And specific. And random. It's not a cantha or elona thing and it doesn't fit with much else.

MattyG

Banned
That's what I use, I really like that mouse but the thousands of those unnecessary clicks from opening bags, karma jugs, lucks, liquid exp, etc... have taken a toll on the left click button. Comfort-wise I can't say if it will be better than the G100S since everyone has different hands. As for the buttons, I had the skill bar, F-keys, and dodge mapped on the buttons on the side and on the top. I also mapped the "g-shift" key as my F key, it works great in looting everything without actually thinking about it since I've gotten a habit of pressing it. You can play one handed on easy contents like map completion, world boss, and easy dungeons (casual runs).
Awesome, it sounds great! I found one for $45, so I'm gonna go pick it up today.

Mxrz

Haven't played as much lately, holding out for a patch and some severe nerfage across the board. But this sounds more like a bunch of slaps on the wrist. Grr. I appreciate the hard work, some of these fixes were definitely needed. But still holding out for a big nerf patch before HoT hits.

At this point, I'm thinking the Signet of Might glitch is just hardwired to the engine/instance/whatever. Been reporting it for about two years now.

What Signet of Might glitch?

The only one I've ever heard of is where you could equip the Deep Strike trait and get the 180 power bonus for free, but I don't think that has worked in over a year.

Well i got into a TTS Teq map and it was done in 9mins, first phase was done in 2 mins, i say need they need to work on things still..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom