• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will be able to move around to other teams if need be, it's just about making sure we don't get a case where all of the Guardians are on the same team leaving everyone else without a single Wall of Reflection to be seen.

Shiokazu

I am in Team 4!
dac15_cool.gif

Grenadier worked like this: Grenade Barrage the F skill for Grenade Kit, allowed the grenades you lay down just slightly behind an opponent deal damage once when they pierce through the target (which is seven hits) and then also have them take the seven hits upon landing. So with some skillshot play, you could insta down a target in spvp.

i'd go 4, but two eles doesnt makes the team VERY squishy?

yukinon

SUNDAY JULY 19, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

Nope, can't do Sun afternoon (Mon morning here). Well you guys have fun.

We could probably take you on a practice run again

i don't think i can make it on the day of :/

but...

i could probably make it to the practice run *cough*
make it tomorrow :3
*cough cough*

also, i might be skipping out on missions this week since its 4th of july weekend and all DDDDD: / :DDDDD

Would Hawkian, Moondrop, Taffer, Noisy Ninj4, and Miktar be interested in joining for the Arah event? I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but we've done so many dungeons and fractals together I always look to you guys first when I need help.

Everyone else join too! Don't be shy. I don't think you'll often get a lot of offers to do the path! I want as many parties involved as we can get.

Xanathus

Ugh that time is really awkward for me too as I need to sleep at that time, actually several hours before then. I would have ideally liked it to happen after normal mission time, or at least an hour or two before makeup missions.

I'd love to, but my Sundays from 2 to 5pm EST are pre-booked (it's when I play with my guild).

Same here. Sundays I work until 5 est. Would love to help otherwise. :<

If you're both free at 5, there wouldn't be any issue pushing it back 30 minutes. There's a chance missions would run long anyway.

It's not scheduled for another 2+ weeks, so there's plenty of time to adjust if people need it moved.

Ugh that time is really awkward for me too as I need to sleep at that time, actually several hours before then. I would have ideally liked it to happen after normal mission time, or at least an hour or two before makeup missions.

After normal missions would run pretty late for NA people, but maybe everyone would be fine with that too? I wouldn't mind staying up.

But then Europe is left out. It's hard to manage a single time for everyone.

Proven

Jeez, it was down for so long...

I don't want to fully confirm until Sunday morning (who knows where I'll end up after Saturday...), but I'll sign up for the Guild Event. Will bring my Warrior, and will even use Phalanx Strength. But no Greatsword. No, no Greatsword.

I missed the discussion over the last few days of news. On the Mist Hero stuff, it does sound like they're really pushing it as the new todo fun game mode, and the fact that they're even putting in queue splits for it says they're willing to do a lot to make it successful. I've already put in my two cents as to why I think it's still going to be too hard of a game mode for the average player, but hey, that never stopped League or DotA from becoming popular.

As for WvW borderlands stress test, I'm guessing GAF wasn't chosen. Else I'd be jumping up and down like an undeserving but entitled child with his hand up screaming "PICK ME PICK ME!" The fact that I'm starting a summer work schedule this coming week but should reliably be on home in time for it (unlike the Stronghold Beta Tournament, which I missed) leaves me bitter.

Quenk

Jeez, it was down for so long...

I don't want to fully confirm until Sunday morning (who knows where I'll end up after Saturday...), but I'll sign up for the Guild Event. Will bring my Warrior, and will even use Phalanx Strength. But no Greatsword. No, no Greatsword.

Just to clarify. It's not this Sunday. It's the 19th.

I was hoping giving people lots of time to prepare would make it easier to commit, but it's just ended up making things more confusing. :(

Taffer

I won't know what I'm doing Sunday evening until closer to the day. I can probably make it but can't say for sure yet.

Ashodin

As for WvW borderlands stress test, I'm guessing GAF wasn't chosen. Else I'd be jumping up and down like an undeserving but entitled child with his hand up screaming "PICK ME PICK ME!" The fact that I'm starting a summer work schedule this coming week but should reliably be on home in time for it (unlike the Stronghold Beta Tournament, which I missed) leaves me bitter.

Nah they picked extremely active WvW guilds.

That Stronghold Beta Tournament was pretty cool though ;) We had a 50/50 chance of going up against The Abjured (shudder)

Ashodin

Bill Friest says next patch (presumably, the 7th) will have WvW separate skill loadouts, as well as bosses crittable from ALL spots.

I have been playing continuously for the last week. I think its safe to say I have returned to playing this game. Who can I message to get an invite the GAF guild?

Ashodin

So I went back to the drawing board on the emblem design; I wanted some sort of "removal of texture" to symbolize the ashes that the phoenix is rising from. To that end, I did a little bit of pepper spray erasing, and then added more of a "spark and ember" texture to the ashes to make it seem like it was still embering.

The phoenix itself has a texture overlaid on it which has also been edited to give the phoenix a more rustic "I'm old but new" look to it. The ashes themselves are misshapen yet hold to the form of the circle, while the phoenix is rigid and fresh, "new".

M6xobWh.png

I may yet go back and add some "lines" to the edges of the phoenix, but that may be overcomplicating the concept.

If you're both free at 5, there wouldn't be any issue pushing it back 30 minutes. There's a chance missions would run long anyway.

For myself, the reason we run 2 to 5pm EST on Sundays, is because at 5PM the evening starts. Have to make dinner, etc, and then free to game again around 8pm EST.

yukinon

you can sell paths, unless you're this person

from meows, to SE, to lag, and stomps... tonight was a fun night
chat censored cause nsfw

just another day in lion's arch heheh

fTVMxbM.jpg

the quaggans were nice enough to stand beside me for a photo opportunity :3
1Z4Pmhs.jpg

ty quaggans

edit: happy 4th of july, everyone!
i won't be back in time for guild missions, but i hope it goes well

Quenk

Thanks again to Lev, Ike, Apple and Zeroth for taking me through some of the last few dungeon paths I had yet to do. Just Arah 4 left :D

Thorgal

I think they're trying to buy help.

See how valuable P4 is? I'm willing to do it for nothing and have trouble getting people to go.
Please don't send nudes.

aw , and here i wanted to share my collection of Asura ,Sylvari and Charr nudes.

You would not believe what a Charr is hiding under all that furr downstairs .

Rawk Hawk

That would be a fun event, I have never done any Arah (or really many dungeon lines honestly). Unfortunately I won't know for sure if I an make it until closer to the 19th, but here's hoping.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would Hawkian, Moondrop, Taffer, Noisy Ninj4, and Miktar be interested in joining for the Arah event? I don't want to put anyone on the spot, but we've done so many dungeons and fractals together I always look to you guys first when I need help.

Everyone else join too! Don't be shy. I don't think you'll often get a lot of offers to do the path! I want as many parties involved as we can get.
:'( I'll be out of the country.

I won't be able to make it to missions tonight either, because it's the 4th of July which is also my birthday!

Hope you all have a lovely independence day yourselves, be safe and have fun :D

Zeroth

I won't be able to make it to missions tonight either, because it's the 4th of July which is also my birthday!

Have a happy birthday Hawk! Be sure to pretend all the fireworks are celebrating your birthday for extra fun ;)

Quenk

Happy birthday, hawk. We'll drop a box of fun for fireworks at missions for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom