• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

• Puncture Shot: Arrow velocity is slow! We’re looking at increasing it so that it’s less strafe-able. What we’ve got it at is ~66% increase, putting it at around Hip Shot (engineer rifle) velocity. We’re also looking at the base and bounce functionality.
  • True Shot: To make this ability more rewarding for stopping you in place, we’re looking at further increasing the damage.
  • Deflecting Shot: We’re looking at increasing the damage values of this ability, so that it has a bit more impact to it.
  • Symbol of Energy: It’s really hard to place this in a position on allies/enemies without them being gone by the time the arrow gets there. Upping the missile velocity by ~60% and allowing it to be fired behind you.
HYPE RISING

Quenk

I wonder what will be playable at pax. It would be nice if they're having another elite spec and the tweaked ones to try out.

Every single Berserker trait is named after Fighting Games. That is fantastic.

Having not seen the notes yet, I'm hoping they picked a couple really random fighting games

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, can some intrepid scout post what the actual gem costs are of the stuff that's on sale for the Anniversary Sale?

Retro

Having not seen the notes yet, I'm hoping they picked a couple really random fighting games

OaroJYU.jpg

Primal Rage, Fatal Fury, Smash Bros. Brawl, The Last Blade, Killer Instinct, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Bloody Roar, King of Fighters and Eternal Champions.

The only references I don't get are Always Angry and Blood Reaction. Maybe they're super obscure (though The Last Blade is, but I at least remembered that one).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Primal Rage, Fatal Fury, Smash Bros. Brawl, The Last Blade, Killer Instinct, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, Bloody Roar, King of Fighters and Eternal Champions.

The only references I don't get are Always Angry
Gotta be Hulk from the Avengers 1
Blood Reaction
Hmm, I dunno. what does the trait do?

edit: ah I see. Sounds sort of like a generic reference to Viking berserkers :(

I haven't thought about Eternal Champions in a looong time... that was a game.

Mxrz

Probably Melty Blood: reACT.

Spec looks fun. Funny to see chat scream OP. Nothing stood out, but conditions should be fun to mess around with. The 2nd life trait is an interest spin on sustain. The rifle burst seemed great. But rifle skills still aren't horribly useful are they?

No Street Fighter makes me sad, but all the SNK love makes up for it.

Ashodin

The only references I don't get are Always Angry and Blood Reaction. Maybe they're super obscure (though The Last Blade is, but I at least remembered that one).

The Last Blaze is Blazblue + The Last Blade.

Retro

Gun Flame is apparently a Guilty Gear reference too (I haven't played a new fighting game in ages).

I haven't thought about Eternal Champions in a looong time... that was a game.

It was what my Brothers would rent when Mortal Kombat got boring, before Super Street Fighter II finally released on the Genesis.

Wanderer5

Nothing's on sale today, just the skins are back at 600 gems a piece.

As far as I can see, anyway.

Well the sales is going on for 21 days, so lots of ground to cover. Think I check out the krytan armor finally if the old armor sets come back again (which I be surprise if they don't really).

Thought it was a pretty good livestream, but The new F1 sword, GS, LB, Rifle skills were the best bits. I really don't like robert said that there would be a ton of CC in HoT. :I It's so boring having to pack your skill bar just for stun breakers and spec for that. I really dislike hard-CC, were you loose complete control like in WoW.
Slow, crippled and such are fine. You still have control of your character, but the ones where you can't move a finger? those suck. In every game! Seems Berserkers has some good traits. particularly the bottom line. Eternal champ might make me opt out of defense all together.

As for Berserker mode, I thought it would be more.. visible. There is a fire effect on the UI, and the character seem to pulse, but I was hoping for something more like reaper form, or your character morphing into looking really strong.

With this LS I would rate the ES we have seen:

1. Reaper
2. Chronomancer
3. Herald
4. Tempest
5. Berserker
6. Dragon Hunter

Though I think the biggest highlight on PoI for me might have been Shiro and Revernant. I hope great things for thief and druid. Don't fail us medium professions!

T
1. Reaper
2. Chronomancer
3. Herald
4. Tempest
5. Berserker
6. Dragon Hunter

Dragon Hunter from BWE1 felt like a shitty failed Ranger i messed around with the traits and couldn't come up with something decent..DH is worthless as of BWE1 hopefully by the time BWE2 rolls around it's better..

Retro

It's so boring having to pack your skill bar just for stun breakers and spec for that. I really dislike hard-CC, were you loose complete control like in WoW.

I don't think you'll see that happen, GW2's combat is much too fast-paced for that kind of garbage, especially in PVP. I wouldn't worry about getting stunlocked or anything like that.

I don't think you'll see that happen, GW2's combat is much too fast-paced for that kind of garbage, especially in PVP. I wouldn't worry about getting stunlocked or anything like that.

I hope so mate! I mean, it would also be counter-intuitive right? After all GW2, is the bridge between the spammy action MMOs, and the hotkey based MMOs!

GW2 is the game with the tab targeting where movement matters. The bridge of bridges:D

I've enjoyed reading others people impressions on the specializations. I feel I am in the minority for being so excited for Reaper. Just not for my love of greatsword, but I just think thematically it looks amazing. But I see a lot of Necros that aren't happy campers, and I wonder. Do you guys think (in a stereotypical sense), that people are more prone to being disappointed in their mains specialization?

Warrior was my main in GW1, and has been in GW2 since launch, and given that Berserker looks solid, I wonder if I don't feel as strongly about it, comes from a biased notion of having played Warrior for at least 1500-2000 hours!

Unless HoT is full of Engineers.

Which is actually frightening

I can't for the life of me imagine what Engineers elite spec will be called. Uses Hammer, has floating robots around it.

Scrapper?

I hope so mate! I mean, it would also be counter-intuitive right? After all GW2, is the bridge between the spammy action MMOs, and the hotkey based MMOs!

GW2 is the game with the tab targeting where movement matters. The bridge of bridges:D

I've enjoyed reading others people impressions on the specializations. I feel I am in the minority for being so excited for Reaper. Just not for my love of greatsword, but I just think thematically it looks amazing. But I see a lot of Necros that aren't happy campers, and I wonder. Do you guys think (in a stereotypical sense), that people are more prone to being disappointed in their mains specialization?

Warrior was my main in GW1, and has been in GW2 since launch, and given that Berserker looks solid, I wonder if I don't feel as strongly about it, comes from a biased notion of having played Warrior for at least 1500-2000 hours!

I can't for the life of me imagine what Engineers elite spec will be called. Uses Hammer, has floating robots around it.

Scrapper?

I'm still hoping for a power glove kit with large, steampunk esque boxing gloves. Rocket punches! Tesla fist stunners! Dempsey Roll combo attack! It would be a riot.

Retro

I feel I am in the minority for being so excited for Reaper. Just not for my love of greatsword, but I just think thematically it looks amazing. But I see a lot of Necros that aren't happy campers, and I wonder. Do you guys think (in a stereotypical sense), that people are more prone to being disappointed in their mains specialization?

I can't speak for everyone, but Reaper bumped Necro up pretty high on my list of professions to play in HoT, after being at the bottom of my list for the last 3+ years.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Reaper definitely made me want to level my Necro, in exactly the way Berserker didn't make me want to level my Warrior! :3

Thief, Chronomancer, and Revenant are enough for me even if everything else sucks

I finally finished the preliminary idea, it's not all fleshed out, but the concepts are there.

(Warning: pretty long)

9Uv4Yrk.png

Very cool, it reminds me a bit of Shadows of Mordor when you are fighting in spirit form. Dagger for Guardian is a very interesting choice.

In the next expansion I really hope for new weapon types (and one/two new races)!:)

Proven

Sadly, I realized that since the bag slots are not at the top of my want list, and the extra goodies are just extra goodies, I'm only breaking even if I buy the set for the two bank slots and two bag slots. I'll wait and see how the three weeks of sales go...

Retro

Anniversary Sale Day 2 – August 22
These items will be available until August 30.
  • Fused Molten Logging Axe – 1000 gems
  • Fused Molten Sickle – 1000 gems
  • Molten Alliance Mining Pick – 1000 gems

Retro

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Friends and Neighbors, Dogs and Cats, of all ages, Gaming Age Force cordially invites you to the Guild Wars 2 Event of the Century: Guild Missions in one hour!

Officers get better RNG than peasants - it's no coincidence they're all drowning in legendaries.

I don't have a single one. Pretty sure Hawkian doesn't either. That's 2/3 GMs without one. Ash only has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom