• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Friends and Neighbors, Dogs and Cats, of all ages, Gaming Age Force cordially invites you to the Guild Wars 2 Event of the Century: Guild Missions in one hour!

I don't have a single one. Pretty sure Hawkian doesn't either. That's 2/3 GMs without one. Ash only has one.

That's because you do map completion and LS 24/7.

IceIpor

Hey guys. Do you still have room in the guild?

I'd like to join up again. Account name is Raydonn.6240 if you're still recruiting, thanks!

☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY AUGUST 30 ☆

No Dungeon Event - Break for PAX Prime
Fractals of the Mists Tutorials

Required Character Level: 1
Required Zone: Lion's Arch

(This is a free week not required for the Dungeon Master Challenge. Anyone who is inexperienced with Fractals is encouraged to join me for a chance to learn what they are about, however!)

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ CURRENT EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#1 - July 26 - Ascalonian Catacombs
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#2 - August 2 - Caudecus's Manor

#3 - August 9 - Twilight Arbor
Story Path and Explorable Forward/Up Paths

#4 - August 16 - Twilight Arbor
Explorable Aetherpath

#5 - August 23 - Sorrow's Embrace
Story Path and Explorable Path 1

August 30 - PAX Prime
*BYE WEEK*
(No Dungeon Event stuff, but I will be around to do Fractals of the Mists if anyone is interested!)

#6 - September 6 - Sorrow's Embrace
Explorable Paths 2/3

#7 - September 13 - Citadel of Flame

#8 - September 20 - Honor of the Waves

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

*DATES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE WEEK OF THE EVENT AND MAY BE RESCHEDULED IN CASES OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES*

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

leng jai

So what's the Necro dps weapon meant to be? I'm assuming it's dagger but every skill outside of auto attack is useless for damage, and the off hand options aren't much better.

Katoki

So what's the Necro dps weapon meant to be? I'm assuming it's dagger but every skill outside of auto attack is useless for damage, and the off hand options aren't much better.

Warhorn 5 + dagger auto, well of suffering and corruption if you're so inclined. Lifeblast until your shroud runs out and then use staff auto attack to refill and do the most straight damage in staff. Staff 4 is a condition transfer but is also the highest power damage mark followed by 3. Blood is power for self might since necros aren't particularly party oriented.

Taffer

Necro MH dagger is one the most boring weapons going. Auto auto auto DS auto auto auto cancel DS auto auto auto. I don't care where GS ends up relative to dagger for DPS as long as it feels like there's a need to use the other skills.

I kinda wish wells aren't ground target anymore so you can activate them instantly

RIP preferred stunbreaker.

Retro

Anniversary Day 3 – August 23
Discounts will be available until August 30.
  • Balthazar’s Regalia Outfit – 490 gems (was 700 gems) – 30% off.
How many specializations do we know?
Six, so far; Chronomancer (Mesmer, shield), Reaper (Necromancer, greatsword), Tempest (Elementalist, warhorn), Dragonhunter (Guardian, longbow), Berserker (Warrior, torch) and Herald (Revenant, shield).

We also have leaked / datamined / teased info on the remaining three; Ranger will be called "Druid" and use a staff (shown in the HoT reveal trailer), Engineer will use hammer (same trailer) and will supposedly be called "Forge" (datamined but unconfirmed) while Thief is supposedly getting staff and will be called "Dare Devil" (both datamined, unconfirmed).

Hedge

I wonder why they waited with the Medium-Armor professions til the end! Coincidence?

Well they did say that they revealed them in the order that they finished, so presumably the last three were either difficult to make something new up for, or they have the most complex specializations thus being time-consuming.

I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm afraid Ranger will be forever forgotten as a Druid if they don't do something amazing with the pets.

Retro

Guild Missions in ~30 minutes, followed by Sorrow's Embrace Story + P1 at 4:30 Eastern:

☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY AUGUST 23 ☆

Event #5 - Sorrow's Embrace

Required Character Level: 65
Required Zone: Dredgehaunt Cliffs

Retro

Excellent Guild Missions, as always!

Thanks again to Crescendo, Falsetto, Lordphantomhive and Shizune for the excellent SE group, and Ike for running the dungeon events as always;

5u3g93H.jpg

0JYFZBO.jpg

VandalD

I haven't been very active in GW2. Just randomly remembered I haven't played in a while, logged in, and it just happened to be the time in which guild things were happening. I think I liked the giant lava robot fight the most. Most of the other fights felt like a mess of AOE happening and I wasn't really sure how much I was contributing. Thanks to everyone I grouped with, and specifically to Melfra for explaining the encounters.
Oh man, it was Melfra, right? I'm sorry if not!
Hope to group with you all again sometime!

Here's a crappy-ish screenshot filled with UI.

Rawk Hawk

I haven't been very active in GW2. Just randomly remembered I haven't played in a while, logged in, and it just happened to be the time in which guild things were happening. I think I liked the giant lava robot fight the most. Most of the other fights felt like a mess of AOE happening and I wasn't really sure how much I was contributing. Thanks to everyone I grouped with, and specifically to Melfra for explaining the encounters.

Here's a crappy-ish screenshot filled with UI.

Glad to have you join us, and you certainly contributed to those fights. Not only in DPS, but I kept my eyes out for that healing turret a couple times when I was getting low. :)

Well I finally decided to finish my Luminescent armor. Spent the last week just grinding SW and going back to get ap in the ls. My ap went up almost a 1000 just from getting everything done finally. All I know is I’m never stepping foot in SW again.

Spyware

Excellent Guild Missions, as always!

Thanks again to Crescendo, Falsetto, Lordphantomhive and Shizune for the excellent SE group, and Ike for running the dungeon events as always;
5u3g93H.jpg
Thanks to you too, as always ;D

Fun to see the difference in sceenshot quality, this is my version:
tumblr_ntk4u4zCnj1qg7wmro2_1280.png

Unlocked a lot of weps today;

Gallant Sword
Gallant Shield
Gallant Greatsword

Dwayna Greatsword
Dwayna Staff

and 10+ cheap exotic skins that could look good on various elite specializations in HoT.

Hax :eek:

I had an awesome group for the mission event today yet again ^_^ Had some people who had never done SE at all before today and we did great!

The giant lava robot is really great :D One of my favourite fights I think. And yes that was me!

I really miss the first game, I'm pissed I lost like 10 years worth of minipets and all my progress on the first game. I might rebuy the trilogy on steam soon, when it goes on sale.

I just miss the game. It was my first mmo and arenanet are being jerks. :(

Thanks for adding me. Not played this for over a year, so decided to jump back in by deleting all my characters and starting from scratch. Not that I had achieved anything much previously anyway!
You're welcome!

Coming back at the right time. Lots of changes since you last played, probably. Especially with character progression and skill/trait unlocks. Better that you started from scratch.

YESSS, all I had to do was fucking email arenanet with my god damn CD keys.

Playing GW1 again, I'm so sad it's dead. Nobody anywhere except Kamadan so far.

Rawk Hawk

Glad to hear it worked out. Reminds me I should log back in at some point and pick up a couple years of birthday gifts.. might get enough mini's to fill up my HoM with them finally, haha.

I started playing it recently for HoM and I'm seeing a handful of people in most of the outposts... when I got to Kamadan I was surprised how many people there were. It's much less dead than I was expecting for a 10 year old game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom