• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

You underestimate my love of angelic things

In that case, you might want to buy some gems and snag the White Feather Wings Backpack while it's available (sale ends Sept 1st). 500 gems is ~$5 US.

Glad I joined. Got to experience a bunch of content that I wasn't able to before.

Awesome, glad to have you. Sorry if things are a bit chaotic, Saturday Missions is when most people can come up so there's a ton of us all running through. Sunday make-up missions (for folks who couldn't make the Saturday ones) are much more laid back, there's fewer people, and we tend to go slower and explain stuff better.

Proven

Catching up on the thread, I wonder if we should have some guild event a month or two down the line just for people to piggy back through LS2 episodes. Once for those coming for HoT that missed LS2, and again for when LS3 is starting up.

Although, ANet probably should just add LS2 for free if you buy HoT.

Glad I joined. Got to experience a bunch of content that I wasn't able to before.

I'll be doing Fractals tomorrow at 4:30 PM EDT if you're available to come try them again. It will be tailored more for newer players and people new to Fractals, so I'll be doing a better job explaining everything and making sure we take our time. (And we'll do a low level with no Agony, so you won't be getting killed at seemingly inexplicable times.)

Perona

I'll be doing Fractals tomorrow at 4:30 PM EDT if you're available to come try them again. It will be tailored more for newer players and people new to Fractals, so I'll be doing a better job explaining everything and making sure we take our time. (And we'll do a low level with no Agony, so you won't be getting killed at seemingly inexplicable times.)

I definitely want to. I will do my best to be on by then.

spiritfox

Catching up on the thread, I wonder if we should have some guild event a month or two down the line just for people to piggy back through LS2 episodes. Once for those coming for HoT that missed LS2, and again for when LS3 is starting up.

Although, ANet probably should just add LS2 for free if you buy HoT.

I still need to finish those achievements, so a guild LS2 run would be nice.

Quenk

So dying randomly is not how fractals work? Who knew? Hopefully you guys roll some fun ones

Churned out a new Guardian this week.

TwZYjyv.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I didn't think it was that big of an update... try switching to a different language and back to English? Sometimes that works.

it's not the patch update itself that's slow, it's the pre-patch download. Barely goes above 11KB.

Jira

http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/mastery/

I wish that would be bubbles in the banner image. Destroying new LA.

His name is Steve. :D

So this gives some insight into what it's going to take for guild upgrades. I hope people are ready to gather and craft. Get ready for the markets to spike. I really like this idea though where I as an individual can go help work on guild upgrades or guild decorations via gather/crafting if I want to.

http://hot.staticwars.com/assets/images/content/guildhalls/guildhall_07.jpg

Proven

If you want to see Druid concept art, click here:

https://marius.im/u/202sH4.jpg

Also, guild upgrades are going to take some serious dedication from crafters/gatherers:

http://hot.staticwars.com/assets/images/content/guildhalls/guildhall_07.jpg

The concept art image only has 6 and a half elite specializations showing, unfortunately. As for the second image... that actually shouldn't take too long for us. I play casually and still go through lots of mithril and such when I do get on. If it's primarily level 80 materials, it'll be done quick.

Retro

If it's primarily level 80 materials, it'll be done quick.

I dunno, silk and iron are on there too (those boxes also take runes which have to be bought, so it's a good sink as well). I think if they're smart they'll put stuff in for all levels. Not only so players of all levels can contribute, but to get guilds out into all corners of the world (which might pair really well with the Map Bonus system too).

Jira

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...d-wars-2-going-free-and-the-addition-of-raids

Eurogamer: The other question related to all this is whether becoming free has anything to do with people leaving the game and you trying to fill it up again?

Mike O'Brien: It's kind of the opposite, because we are doing this at a time when lots of new players are coming into the game.

Heart of Thorns is an expansion that adds a ton of endgame content... and we really wanted people to be able to build up their accounts, their characters, to get ready for Heart of Thorns. People are interested in the game right now, people are coming into the game anyway - if our players want to get their friends into the game what more perfect time to introduce them?

Colin Johanson: We have a really unique, cool opportunity here to do this at a time of strength; I think that is very rare. This is the highest Metacritic score of a new MMO in the last decade; this is a game that's done extremely well for us; and we're showing extreme success this year since we announced Heart of Thorns. It's a rare opportunity to do it when everything is going really well.

It's interesting that they were doing well under B2P and then just said screw it, let's open the flood gates and just let people play it. They are obviously at this point putting all of their eggs into the HoT basket.

Wanderer5

So tonight I notice that they might have changed the animation for using the engi mortar, least on Charr? Before I could have swore he was shooting the mortar with both hands, but now he just holding it with one hand.

2015-08-29_00016_zps3mlzmdn9.jpg

Jira

did you guys see that on the guild hall page ?

guildhall_07.jpg

Mat sinks for guild upgrades

Really glad they're using lower level mats as they REALLY need to get a lot of items out of the economy. It's a great way to contribute towards the guild and see a tangible result/progress versus the current system.

Qurupeke

Hello GuildGAF!

I noticed that the game is free so I'm downloading it right now. It seemed interesting for quite some time now and a bunch of friends played it when it was paid-only. I'm inexperienced on MMOs and this kind of games but I think I'll manage. I'll post my in game name later, when I start playing.

spiritfox

Hey! If you want to play with us, you need to be on the US servers. We have a bunch of Europeans and Asians with us, and we don't really have any issues with lag, so come join us!

nan0

I wonder if we'd get enough members for a EU GAF Guild. I'd love to play with you, but your activitivies are practially at night for me.

Thorgal

I wonder if we'd get enough members for a EU GAF Guild. I'd love to play with you, but your activitivies are practially at night for me.

we used to have a EU guild at launch but the guy who suggested it and took a large group of people with him suddenly disappeared causing that branch to implode on itself and the NA part of the guild spend the next years helping stranded players to get back to a NA server .

so you can understand if i said we are a bit reluctant to try that again .

Spyware

so you can understand if i said we are a bit reluctant to try that again .
Yup, and I wouldn't like to become separated fromt the "main" guild even tho I'm form the EU.
Nothing stops us EU peeps from making our own events at times that work better for us while still being on NA servers :)

Morokh

Yup, and I wouldn't like to become separated fromt the "main" guild even tho I'm form the EU.
Nothing stops us EU peeps from making our own events at times that work better for us while still being on NA servers :)

Since it certainly will be a bit more time-consuming, at least at first, planning an EU timeslot will certainly be a good idea.

We'll also have to see what the restrictions are on Raids but I'm not terribly worried.

Do we know anything more about armor selections?

1) New Armor with the Guild Hall system (with an additional upgraded variant)

2) New Armor with the four HoT based map (with presumably a new upgraded variant)
< I assume it will work like Silverwaste. Event completion and token requiring to trade with a vendor, in a light, medium and heavy variety (caprice) and then with a more SFX-induced version (illum).

3) A token armor piece for each specialization; Berserker Ultron-Hat, Daredevil Shinobi fold, Revernant blind-mask, and so on.

Is there any chance that the default armor and weapon drops in the HoT maps of White, Blue, Green and Yellow variety will be completely new models, than then ones we are used to?

In other MMO expansions they save the good looking stuff for end game, but the way we collect and in the wardrobe, means that they could introduce new cool low level armors and they would be worthwhile all throughout.

I would love some sets that look dragon hunter inspired, some daredevil ninja sets that does not involve trenchcoats, and some druid magey-looking armors, who has nothing even remotely looking like that for the medium professions.
then there is the questions of the asuras and charrs who have had to deal with a lot of clipping and armors not looking good.

I've been happy with outfits, but they have a limited lifespan IMO and I wish they would have more overlay options on specific pieces. If I could use the monk-pants with any armor set specifically, disable shoulders and hands on them, have deeper indvidiual dye channels on all of them.

Mxrz

1000 bolts of silk isn't exactly whistling Dixie. Why not gossamer & jute? Ascended armor is already keeping Silk, linen, wool and cotton up. If they're going to use mid and lower tier mats then they need to rethink the looting system. Expecting everyone to keep level 30-55 alts for bag opening is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom