• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Really happy about the Demon Stance changes. The original way it worked is just not something I enjoy playing or want to play around when playing with others. Even during the first Rev beta I had to play differently than I wanted because Cresc played Demon and I couldn't pick any condi removal stuff. Have not played the other classes so I can't really say much about those changes, but it sounds pretty good overall.

The release is getting oh so close now too! Just over five weeks :O

Qurupeke

I just joined the HoT club and I'm not a free user anymore! Some changes are apparent, like more slots, no restrictions on messages,daily login, world transfer working again etc. but can someone inform me about what's coming later on HoT? Also, the new content will be available with an update on the release date? Oh and can I take part in a beta for HoT or they don't happen anymore?

Morokh

If you want an overview, your best bet is the official HoT website. and the Gw2 wiki.

You could also check the news feed on the GW2 website, and go back until January, you'll have a lot of information in there.
Ditto for the Points of Interest VoD's on the official Twitch channel.

There will be one more Beta week-end before launch, but we don't know the exact date yet, one thing is certain we'll have to wait for them to announce the Engineer, and the Ranger Elite specialization before it happens. (Engi is this week)

Zeroth

What does the rev play like in pve ^^

Like a mix of Guardian and elementalist, but that is selling it short.

I just joined the HoT club and I'm not a free user anymore! Some changes are apparent, like more slots, no restrictions on messages,daily login, world transfer working again etc. but can someone inform me about what's coming later on HoT? Also, the new content will be available with an update on the release date? Oh and can I take part in a beta for HoT or they don't happen anymore?

Nice! hope you enjoy your freedom now :)

The HoT content will be available when HoT launches, on October 23. Until then, you can experience some of it in the next beta weekend. You wont need to download a beta client, it will be inside your current one, you'll just have to use your beta character slots.

We have four 2 handed weapon elite specs, and 4 off hand elite spec, Ranger is a odd man out, could the ranger be the only one to get a main hand weapon? Mace. Scepter, and Pistol only viable options, i highly doubt Ranger gets daggers main hand..

spiritfox

We have four 2 handed weapon elite specs, and 4 off hand elite spec, Ranger is a odd man out, could the ranger be the only one to get a main hand weapon? Mace. Scepter, and Pistol only viable options, i highly doubt Ranger gets daggers main hand..

Druids are getting Staff, unless they changed it since the reveal.

Zeroth

Druid is getting staff. It has been stated back when HoT was announced.

Druids are getting Staff, unless they changed it since the reveal.

Well I am kinda basing this on the fact they are showing Ranger last, we have known for a long time it was staff yet they haven't shown the spec, if Ranger is still druid it would have been shown first or at least before Rev, just guessing Ranger no longer druid..

spiritfox

Well I am kinda basing this on the fact they are showing Ranger last, we have known for a long time it was staff yet they haven't shown the spec, if Ranger is still druid it would have been shown first or at least before Rev, just guessing Ranger no longer druid..

I highly doubt they will change it so late into development, and when they have already revealed it to the public. Either there was a rework of the specialization, or they are just keeping it under wraps due to the PR cycle.

Wanderer5

"Black Lion Chest Keys from the early personal story rewards have been limited to one per week accountwide."

Welp bye key farming.

Also still no fix on the royal guard outfit on charr and norn name/tag bug, grrrr!

Ashodin

Full notes:

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

General

• Added Vertical Position Near slider to camera options. The existing Vertical Position slider has been renamed Vertical Position Far.

• Added greater precision to camera position sliders.

• Adjusted some default camera positions when using the Adjust Camera to Character Height camera option.

• Achievements for the previous beta weekend have been disabled from the Achievements tab.

Personal Story

• Black Lion Chest Keys from the early personal story rewards have been limited to one per week accountwide.

Items

• Increased the drop rate of Black Lion Chests and Black Lion Chest Keys throughout the world.

• Laurel vendors now sell 1 hour of the new Item Booster, replacing the Laureate Magic Find Booster.

• Laurel vendors now sell 1 hour of the new Experience Booster, replacing the Laureate Experience Booster.

Profession Skills

Engineer

• Fixed a bug in which the Grenadier trait made grenade throws less accurate.

World vs. World

• Altered arrow cart line-of-sight checks to be more restrictive.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE

New Items and Promotions

• For the next six days, the complete Living World Season 2 pack is 40% off in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store. Complete your playthrough of all eight episodes leading up to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™.

Rip key farm.

Key farm changes mean absolutely nothing to me, but "increased the drop rate of...Black Lion Chest Keys throughout the world" actually has a small chance of rewarding me neat stuff.

Ashodin

The drop rate of chests needed buffed because they're starting to climb to several silver a piece. I have a suspicion most people delete them instead of saving them.

Taffer

At a guess I'd say I've got a little more than half a dozen keys from drops over the course of my career. It's always very exciting to get something crazy rare with a chance to get something crazy crazy rare from it but it is always just boosters or other stuff I'll ignore so I've never seen the appeal of farming them.
But chests sell for money now? I have a dedicated slot in my bags for them, buried way down at the bottom in an invisible bag so I only have to deal with them when the stack starts overflowing. I think the last pile I dumped went for 3c each, I'm always happy to see the community paying too much for trash.

_woLf

Key drops are rarer than pre drops from the forge, I have gotten 6 pre from the forge and 3 keys total from regular gaming..

i've got like 10-15 key drops from the open world throughout my time playing...never seen a precusor from the forge or elsewhere, for myself or anyone I have played with :(

Also with this change i don't need an extra Character slot, wasted gold hoping it would be on the sale, my Key farmer is now a level 55 character for Linen......

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Wow this game is full of jerks.

Random NPC just said I had an ugly face :(

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Wont be able to make guild events this weekend im going on holiday friday till friday after.

usea

When were you getting these keys? I need to know what not to do cuz I have 5 characters are within level 15.
The first part of the personal story for each character rewards, among other things, a black lion chest key. A lot of people would make a new character, get to level 10, finish that mission, then delete the character after getting the key. They would often do this many, many times. This has been going on for a really long time. They tried to discourage it with changes (you used to not have to get to level 10), but this sounds like the final nail in the coffin.

I don't know how the new restriction works exactly. Presumably only the reward from the level 10 chapter is affected. If you go to your hero panel in-game and click on Story Journal on the left, then expand the My Story section. That section outlines the different chapters of the personal story. Only the one next to the number 1. should matter. When you do the final step of that, you get a black lion chest key, which they're now rate-limiting.

Indignate

The first part of the personal story for each character rewards, among other things, a black lion chest key. A lot of people would make a new character, get to level 10, finish that mission, then delete the character after getting the key. They would often do this many, many times. This has been going on for a really long time. They tried to discourage it with changes (you used to not have to get to level 10), but this sounds like the final nail in the coffin.

I don't know how the new restriction works exactly. Presumably only the reward from the level 10 chapter is affected. If you go to your hero panel in-game and click on Story Journal on the left, then expand the My Story section. That section outlines the different chapters of the personal story. Only the one next to the number 1. should matter. When you do the final step of that, you get a black lion chest key, which they're now rate-limiting.

So I just have to avoid completing the first part of their personal stories. I was concerned it was more accidentally obtainable than that. Thanks for the info! I'll just stagnate the three characters that I didn't get around to starting their stories yet for the next few weeks.

Or maybe I'll just stop playing five characters at the same time. I don't know.

Pro

What is with all these game crashes lately? Seriously. Last night the game client crashed when we were on the 3rd champ in Vinewrath. The night before it crashed immediately after finishing off Teq. Missing out on chests here. Fix your shit Anet!

I know they have some kinda magical streaming system, but i think this game needs to be taken offline for an 8 hour maintenance, for example jungle worm has the worst skill lag right now and it's been like that for months, kill the boss with 20 people on a late map and experience 2 sec delays, Not even the horrible Maw fight has that bad of a delay, random DC has increase a lot lately...

Zeroth

Just wanted to wish a happy birthday to my friend UltimateIke! Hard to believe it has been so long since we met and did all that crazy stuff :)

Proven

Happy Birthday Ike. In the past year you've reached the top of the food chain and have started running your own guild events. Great job.

I've been MIA for the week, and regret missing the past dungeon run. Will probably end up missing this week's too.

But I have been keeping up with news and

Hunter’s Fortification: This trait has been reworked to remove conditions when blocking attacks. In addition, receive less damage when you have no conditions on you.

Zealot’s Aggression: This trait now allows Justice’s passive effect to cripple, in addition to dealing extra damage to crippled enemies.

Mean that Condi-Dragonhunter without Meditations is back on the table. I didn't really get to leave any impressions from the beta either, but I guess I'll wait until BWE3 to really write about it.

Happy Birthday!

Ugh, I hate this key farm nerf. It's the only reason the vast majority of people could get or afford Black Lion skins in the first place, considering the vast majority of people don't spend money on gems and never will, knowing how much of a rip-off gems are in terms of real money. Just drop the facade of allowing non cash-shop users to get any decent items altogether, if that's your intention, Anet. I like many of the game's systems, but it's clear that the reward system is lackluster by design, restrained by the stupid fucking cash shop.

spiritfox

If they improved the loot from Black Lion Chests I might actually buy a key, but as of right now, fuck off, I don't need boosters or Merchant Expresses.

Happy Birthday!

Ugh, I hate this key farm nerf. It's the only reason the vast majority of people could get or afford Black Lion skins in the first place, considering the vast majority of people don't spend money on gems and never will, knowing how much of a rip-off gems are in terms of real money. Just drop the facade of allowing non cash-shop users to get any decent items altogether, if that's your intention, Anet. I like many of the game's systems, but it's clear that the reward system is lackluster by design, restrained by the stupid fucking cash shop.

Cosmetics gonna cosmetics. Just don't consider them a reward. The stuff that's worth real money on the cash shop, are worth it (permanent harvesting tools, etc). I don't find the cash shop or Black Lion skins THAT unskippable that I'd spend money on it, but there are those who will. I won't judge. I bought a WoW mount a long time ago. No regrets.

If they improved the loot from Black Lion Chests I might actually buy a key, but as of right now, fuck off, I don't need boosters or Merchant Expresses.

That's the worst irony about it, THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE SPENDING MONEY REWARDING. This is what drove me away from the game about a year ago, it was Living Story S2 and Heart of Thorns the brought me back. I really hope this expansion is fun.

Cosmetics gonna cosmetics. Just don't consider them a reward.

I feel like cosmetics are the endgame reward that Anet intends. They're long-term goals that keep people playing after the great fun of playing the content for the first time, but the cash shop interferes with that idea significantly, and I think the game is worse off for it. I know why it's there, and I pretty much asked for it by limiting myself to buy-to-play MMO's, but these are my thoughts on it.

It's been a while (2 years, actually) since the last time I played my ex-main ranger. When I saw a ranger with longbow shoots arrows in a much faster speed, I'm intrigued to play my ranger again.

How do rangers fare in dungeons and wvw nowadays?

Happy Birthday Ike <3

Just wanted to wish a happy birthday to my friend UltimateIke! Hard to believe it has been so long since we met and did all that crazy stuff :)

Happy birthday UltimateIke! ^ ^

Happy birthday Ike!

IKE!!!

happy birthday

Happy Birthday Ike. In the past year you've reached the top of the food chain and have started running your own guild events. Great job.

Happy Birthday!

Yo Happy b day

Thank you all so much!

Extra special thanks to Zeroth and Apple for hanging out with me tonight. They also gave me wonderful gifts! I can't fully express just how much it means to me to have you both as such close friends.

Zeroth's excessively expensive gift:

bMNYvEl.jpg

LfKFNl6.jpg

BmelJg6.jpg

Fishious

That's the worst irony about it, THEY DON'T EVEN MAKE SPENDING MONEY REWARDING. This is what drove me away from the game about a year ago, it was Living Story S2 and Heart of Thorns the brought me back. I really hope this expansion is fun.

I feel like cosmetics are the endgame reward that Anet intends. They're long-term goals that keep people playing after the great fun of playing the content for the first time, but the cash shop interferes with that idea significantly, and I think the game is worse off for it. I know why it's there, and I pretty much asked for it by limiting myself to buy-to-play MMO's, but these are my thoughts on it.

I'm not sure the key farm nerf is really all that significant. Key farming was fairly time consuming, even before the new player experience changes which nerfed it a bit. I probably farmed 25-30 keys before that nerf and only got enough scraps for 1 ticket. The rest of the stuff from the chests was largely trash. This is not atypical.

Over the weekend I finished out the Dwayna set making it my second full set of Black Lion weapons. My first set was Daydreamer. I didn't spend any gems on keys or farm any keys. I just bought them straight off the trading post with gold. If you want one of the skins, just buy it with gold.

Doing some rough calculations I probably spent at least 8.5 hours doing key farming and got one ticket out of it. Today, in the same amount of time for considerably less effort, I could at least get enough gold doing Silverwastes runs to buy 1 of whatever Black Lion weapon is currently going for 1 ticket. If you're savvy enough to play the trading post, it's even easier to make enough money.

In summation, if you've got your eye on a Black Lion weapon, there's much easier and more efficient ways to get it than key farming or gems. The only way the new nerf might affect this is it might cause prices of Black Lion weps on the TP to rise, but we'll have to see if the key drop rate bump is enough to offset it. That is assuming that a good portion of those weps on the TP come from key farmers. I have no idea how much they actually contribute to the supply.

Also, if you've been gone a while you may be happy to know that Arenanet has stopped adding new armors sets to the gem store. Now they only make outfits (which are unmixable sets that are worn over armor) for the gem store and future armors are to be available through in game means. The carapace and luminescent sets were the ones we got after this change and there should be more coming in HoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom