• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to retool the weapon swap, give us the choice to put whatever kit in the weapon swap with Q, so on that left side you see a smaller icon of Grenade Kit telling you that is what you chose to swap with your main weapon..

Well hey look at that we just found a way to get rid of the Engineer's biggest advantage. While we're at it let's just get rid of Elementalist attunements, and make that a weapon swap. Ranger pets should also be a weapon swap.

No.

Well hey look at that we just found a way to get rid of the Engineer's biggest advantage. While we're at it let's just get rid of Elementalist attunements, and make that a weapon swap. Ranger pets should also be a weapon swap.

No.
What about a out of combat weapon swap without opening inventory?

The weapon swap becomes enabled so you can change play styles between fights if you wanted.

What about a out of combat weapon swap without opening inventory?

The weapon swap becomes enabled so you can change play styles between fights if you wanted.

I could see that, though I can also see a lot of confusion with people wondering why weapon swap is there but suddenly they can't use it when they need it.

Ultimately, I'd be pissed if after losing Turrets, I was suddenly locked down to one weapon kit.

No.

Let me clarify, the Kit has to be on the bar but you get to quick swap to kit of your choice, so instead of pressing 7 for Grenade Kit you press Q, and you still have kits on 8-9-10, I am giving the user ability to switch to his favorite kit on the fly..excluding the Elite of course..

Let me clarify, the Kit has to be on the bar but you get to quick swap to kit of your choice, so instead of pressing 7 for Grenade Kit you press Q, and you still have kits on 8-9-10, I am giving the user ability to switch to his favorite kit on the fly..excluding the Elite of course..

...Just bind Q to 7. Or some other key. You know you can customize your keyboard layout, yeah? If you find yourself often playing Engineer and often using a single kit, then you can easily find some otherwise underused key and double bind skill 7.

Rawk Hawk

Not sure how many classes you play, but you could set a secondary key bind for that skill. I do that a lot for weapon swap and dodging. I have different secondary options other than ` and V, but depending on which PC I play from my mouse buttons are slightly different.

So while Q won't weapon swap anymore for you, you can have it activate your #7 skill.

Please, no changes to the keybinds. The damn F2 change had me having to re-learn muscle memory on the Nostromo for a few days, it sucked. Right now I can swap to any of my utilities in an instant, use a single skill from it, then swap back to a different one, etc. I love playing Engineer, but it's such an investment, any changes to how it works in terms of keybinds is... a pain. Some Engineers like having Pistol, Shield, Elixer Gun (or Flame Thrower!), Bombs, and Grenades as their weapon. Who needs weapon swap when you're weapon is four weapons in one? :p

"I'm a one man team!"

Please, no changes to the keybinds. The damn F2 change had me having to re-learn muscle memory on the Nostromo for a few days, it sucked. Right now I can swap to any of my utilities in an instant, use a single skill from it, then swap back to a different one, etc. I love playing Engineer, but it's such an investment, any changes to how it works in terms of keybinds is... a pain. Some Engineers like having Pistol, Shield, Elixer Gun (or Flame Thrower!), Bombs, and Grenades as their weapon. Who needs weapon swap when you're weapon is four weapons in one? :p

"I'm a one man team!"

Personally I usually roll bombs, flamethrower, an elixer, and Mortar.

Notice I didn't list a weapon.
It never gets used.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Please, no changes to the keybinds. The damn F2 change had me having to re-learn muscle memory on the Nostromo for a few days, it sucked.

I quit my Guardian when they changed the cooldown on a skill a month after launch and as result reordered the skills on the bar. My muscle memory ain't got time for that.

I changed my keybinds a *lot* from when I mained ele to today (a few months) so I can't go back to ele anymore. I try to do the might stacking mini game and I screw everything up because my utilities aren't where they used to be :p

I'm probably in minority's but I'm hoping that hammer will be so good that I can run. Build without kits.

Man if they got them sweet drones I'll be using it. As long as it's not JUST a hammer because that would be boring.

Though a drone kit would be sweet too.

As would turrets.

Shanlei91

I changed my keybinds a *lot* from when I mained ele to today (a few months) so I can't go back to ele anymore. I try to do the might stacking mini game and I screw everything up because my utilities aren't where they used to be :p

I plan on migrating from Dualshock 4 controller to Xbox One when the wireless receiver comes out. I'm scared of that transition.

jhekztH.gif

usea

I'm probably in minority's but I'm hoping that hammer will be so good that I can run. Build without kits.
I often run rifle + elixirs, with mortar kit being the only kit. For world bosses, dungeons, etc. I like it a lot. Elixirs are a lot of fun in most situations. Throwing out stability to a player across the room about to get knocked back is always nice. Lots of might and Skilled Marksman is great damage.

My other common build is rifle static discharge with tool kit and rifle turret. The tool belt abilities are great. Best open world pve build imo (with streamlined kits, too).

I would be happy if hammer could stand alone, but I'd be even happier if I could use hammer and rifle together with a weapon swap. I like melee, but I don't want to lose the ability to be ranged, and I don't want to go grenades or condi either. I can melee right now with tool kit, and it's pretty good.

Overall I'm very worried about forge, but open-minded.

I plan on migrating from Dualshock 4 controller to Xbox One when the wireless receiver comes out. I'm scared of that transition.

jhekztH.gif
I'm getting a Steam Controller, and plan on using that. Of course, I still have to try and figure out a config that will work with ground targeting any of my skills. That, and you know, muscle memory.

Forge makes all turrets airborne!!!!

I would cry tears of happiness.

I'm getting a Steam Controller, and plan on using that. Of course, I still have to try and figure out a config that will work with ground targeting any of my skills. That, and you know, muscle memory.

We just need these options to be implemented.

Skill Targeting
1001462_0163 Allow Skill Retargeting
1001463_0638 When using a skill that targets enemies, changing your target will cause the skill to update with the new target.
1058992_0365 Snap Ground Target to Current Target
1058994_0653 The ground-target marker will reposition itself to your current target's position so long as it is within range.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3jgd6i/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_september_2/

Morokh

Tomorrow is more than likely a patch, so we'll get more data mining, and the compensation for the event.

If you mean the retroactive rewards, I just got mine and some other people seem to get them too.

I'll take that too ! it would be 'new mechanic' enough for the class lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes, after the hype and long ooze corridor it was sort of a letdown. I shouldn't complain tho because I got four rares and an exotic drop from the ooze corridor :p
But I guess it didn't help the impression of CoF that my head felt like a war was happening inside since the end of path 2. :(
I just love the concept of there being an Ooze Queen and Ooze King somehow (like... what?) and that the ingame event labels them the "oppressive Ooze royalty." :p
I medically need to make a char engineer now
I have one! He's the smallest possible Charr. They used to make fun of him in charr school. But now he makes up for it with explosions.

Shanlei91

When they finally add Snap Ground Target to Current Target we can all celebrate.

Retro

Roy Cronacher said:
The problem is that they are balanced around having 1 skill bar and not 2 for the right half of your bar. They are also not made with energy in mind and would need to be changed to work with revenant, but would muddy the purity of each legends skill set playstyle. I thought I had mentioned it before on one of the initial streams, but racial skills won’t be usable on revenant.

Unrelated: This week could go very good or very bad for a lot of Engineers 'round these parts.

I finished off my Necro to 80 on Friday. Since 40 I've been playing her as a full minion build with sceptre/dagger and staff. I felt pretty indestructible in regular world PvE. I'm busy working my way through all the classes at the moment so I haven't optimised any of them for anything much. I definitely enjoyed levelling the Necro loads. Probably the easiest class I levelled after Guardian.

As an aside. I tried a bit of Drytop with my Elementalist the other day and really wasn't feeling her. She was the second class I got to 80 but she's feeling really squishy and wasn't killing stuff very easily. For regular world pve content how are people with this class speccing and playing?

I'm mainly using wells right now. Pets were nice, but not having control means they often went off to fight things I really didn't want to stop and fight. I do use that elite skill one though, nice to have the extra damage at times. Really wish you could dismiss them though.

leng jai

I'm having the same problem with Ele - the game needs to have custom key binds for every class you play. It's also annoying as shit only being able to equip one weapon suit. You should be able to have both sets slotted at once like other classes but be restricted to swapping when out of combat.

I'm gonna be a cook, I ave decided.

Outside of getting Legendary weapon crafting in this game is crap, don't think about making money from it, the Chef can make loot but every chef is making the same recipe and undercutting in price to a point it makes no fucking sense..become a chef for yourself.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Outside of getting Legendary weapon crafting in this game is crap, don't think about making money from it, the Chef can make loot but every chef is making the same recipe and undercutting in price to a point it makes no fucking sense..become a chef for yourself.

I am becoming one because I like dyes and they can make those!

Retro

Revenant changes? No! Noooooooooooooooo!. /picardsmash.

Upcoming Revenant Changes:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/revenant/Upcoming-Revenant-changes-for-BWE3

Hey, everyone! Once again, I’m back to talk with you all about upcoming changes to the revenant which you’ll get to play in the upcoming BWE3. These were made from all the awesome feedback we received from BWE2 as well as our internal testing.

Similar to the other posts like this that I have made, I’ll be providing some of the thought behind these changes as to why we made them. Overall, revenant has been doing very well and is much closer to how we want it for HoT launch. As you all have seen, the profession has come a long way since the first time that it has been played and a lot of that is with the help of all the amazing feedback from you all. (Thanks!) There were a few lingering issues, tweaks, and polish which I’ll discuss below. So, let’s get into it.

General
Here we have some polish changes for the profession. It was brought up on the forum as a suggestion to have a custom dodge FX and that got added as a direct result.
  • Added an effect to dodging.
  • Added underwater versions of the downed skills.
  • Added a hand glow when invoking legendary centaur stance.
Downed
Unfortunately, the displace mechanic was interacting poorly in the game as a whole. It was causing undesired behavior with NPCs and pathing, its strength varied by game mode, it was very disorienting to the receiving foe and other issues as well. We made the decision to remove displace and change the skills which had it on them. In this case we changed it to a knockback because it was similar functionality.
  • Forceful Displacement: This skill no longer displaces foes, instead it will now knockback the foe 600 distance.
Sword
For sword, there were some minor tweaks. Precision Strike was made a whirl finisher because it made sense as your character is spinning around, plus the skill needed a bit of help. Unrelenting Assault was a bit strong after the last set of changes so I slightly increased the recharge to have a lower window between evade times.
  • Precision Strike: This skill is now a whirl finisher.
  • Unrelenting Assault: Increased the recharge from 10 seconds to 12 seconds. Fixed a bug so that this skill will more report damage as a multi-hit skill allowing it to stack up damage per target rather than displaying each instance of damage individually.
Staff
In staff the changes were mostly about the flow of play. It felt awkward to have to stand still to cast Renewing Wave so I changed out the animation to one that would work while moving to keep this weapon more mobile feeling. Debilitating Slam had a long cast time for a skill which is used for an interrupt so I went ahead and shortened that down to so it could be used as a more reactionary skill.
  • Warding Rift: Fixed a bug where this skill could be cancel-casted to gain the benefit of the block without going on full recharge.
  • Renewing Wave: Changed the animation on this skill so it can be used while moving. It retained the same 1 second cast time.
  • Debilitating Slam: Decreased the cast time from 1 second to 0.25 seconds.
Shield
We were trying out defiance bars on player skills in a few places, but it didn’t really work out. Defiance bar is balanced around being on creatures which left some pieces of it feeling awkward for players. It also had essentially a duplicate functionality to stability. In the end we felt like it didn’t play well on player skills so we removed all player defiance bars.
  • Envoy of Exuberance: Decreased the energy cost from 15 to 10. Fixed a bug so that this skill will properly heal at the target location instead of around you.
  • Crystal Hibernation: Removed the defiance bar. This skill will now block attacks for the duration while regenerating health. Lowered recharge from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
Legendary Assassin Stance
Jade Winds was a bit too strong being able to cast it back to back if you stored up the energy. This skill got a short recharge to limit being able to chain it back to back with itself. You may notice we have some this with a few skills so pressing one skill multiple times wouldn’t be encouraged and allow for a breathing room for your foes.
  • Jade Winds: Added a 5 second recharge.
Legendary Centaur Stance
Here I made some changes to the cast time. Now all utility skills are instant, only the heal and the elite have a cast time. The elite has also been lowered in cast time as well as decreased energy cost.
  • Naturalistic Harmony. Decreased the energy cost from 25 to 20.
  • Purifying Essence: This skill is now instant cast. Decreased the energy cost from 35 to 30 and added a 5 second recharge.
  • Energy Expulsion: This skill is now a blast finisher and reduced the cast time from 2 seconds to 1 second. Decreased the energy cost from 50 to 35.
Legendary Demon Stance
In this stance we had a bit of a bigger change happen. Demon Stance was in an awkward place because it was mechanically cool when you looked at it in a vacuum, but when you were put around other players there was this point of tension which was created. When using demon stance you wanted to manage your conditions and try to keep certain amounts on yourself to empower your skills.

Though, allies directly impacted this play style. While you were around allies, especially players running support, it created tension and frustration between the two players. You wouldn’t want to be near these other players that removed conditions from you as it weakened your skills. This isn’t a tension or frustration that we wanted to create between allies so I moved this stance away from focusing on scaling effectiveness based on your personal conditions. As such, the self-conditions didn’t make sense anymore as you had less reason to utilize these so they were removed. Similar to Forceful Displacement, the displace was removed on unyielding anguish and the skill was re-designed a bit.
  • Empowering Misery: Removed the self-applied weakness. Increased the base heal by 40% and decreased the heal per condition by 40%.
  • Pain Absorption. Removed the self-applied blind.
  • Banish Enchantment: Removed the self-applied vulnerability. This skill now applies 3 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds instead of being dependent on the conditions you have on you.
  • Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been re-worked. This skill will now leap to the target location creating a dark field which chills for 1 second and torments for 4 seconds per pulse. The field lasts for 4 seconds and pulses every 1 second. Added a 10 second recharge.
  • Embrace the Darkness: Removed the self-applied torment. This skill no longer copies conditions to nearby foes. This skill will increase stats by 10% while active and pulse 6 seconds of torment every 1 second to nearby foes.
Legendary Dwarf Stance
A lot of you thought Forced Engagement was too high of a cost for a single target control skill, and I agree! But, I can’t allow you to use it back to back or else it creates bad chain controlling situations so there is an added recharge as well.
  • Forced Engagement: Increased the recharge from 3 seconds to 5 seconds and lowered the energy cost from 50 to 35.
Herald
In herald overall I think it played out fairly well, but there was a few small tweaks I wanted to make. Shared Empowerment was slightly under-tuned compared to other similar traits. Gaze of Darkness bypassed defenses like dodging which wasn’t intended.
  • Shared Empowerment: Increased the might duration from 5 seconds to 8 seconds.
  • Facet of Nature: This is now useable underwater.
  • Gaze of Darkness: Fixed a bug so that this can be properly avoiding using things such as your dodge.
Corruption
In the corruption specialization, there were a few traits which needed some tweaks in power to be competitive options. As an example revenant did not have many options to apply poison, but had the trait Venom Enhancement which increased poison duration so I thought it made sense to also apply poison itself.
  • Pulsating Pestilence: Increased the trigger chance from 15% to 25%.
  • Replenishing Despair: Increased the base heal by 300% and added a 1 second internal cool-down.
  • Venom Enhancement: This trait will now apply poison for 5 seconds with a 20 second recharge when you apply torment as well as increasing poison duration.
Devastation
In this specialization, I addressed an issue a lot of you brought up in feedback which I thought made a lot of sense. Basically you all said the profession stat buffs like empower are generally in master tier and ferocious strikes was just a weaker trait. So I went ahead and switched the position of both of these traits.
  • Assassin’s Presence: This trait has been moved to master tier replacing the place of Ferocious Strikes.
  • Ferocious Strikes: This trait has been moved to adept tier replacing the place of Assassin’s Presence.
Retribution
In the master tier for this line there were two traits based around incoming control effects, which made little sense and ended up fighting with each other. I went ahead and merged these two traits together creating room for a new trait which I added as the master tier needed a trait to help support the tank feel of retribution.
  • Eye for an Eye: The Redeeming Protection trait has been merged with this one. When Eye for an Eye triggers, you will also gain protection for 5 seconds.
  • Redeeming Protection: This trait has been merged with Eye for an Eye.
  • Dwarven Battle Training: This is a new master tier trait replacing redeeming protection. This trait provides a 25% chance on hit to weaken foes for 4 seconds with a 10 second recharge and decreases weakness’s effectiveness on you by 50%.

Mxrz

Fuckdammit.

Two seconds isn't much in PvE, but lot of times i won a fight with no health hitting it on recharge. Ah well. Knew it was coming. The wind change is eh. Not being able to spam one skill sort of takes away from the whole point of the energy system, but whatever.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(mallyx needed the help, but they can still kiss all of my butts inbetween buffing eles.)

Mxrz

Losing the defiant bar and displacement might make sense (saw the ai bug many times)given gameplay but really hurts the overall feeling of uniqueness. I thought the Mallyx stuff was a buff, but now I'm thinking i'll never use it. Displacement and pulsing back conditions were the main draws. Same with the shield & defiant bar. Not seeing a whole lot of reason to care now.

Zeroth

Mallyx is more condi-oriented now. Before it was troublesome to use, but now it added more reliable condition pressure to the Revenant toolkit. I posted my impressions in the thread, but I really wanted to see a Water Field on the Centaur :(

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/warrior/Berserker-Changes-for-BWE3

My favorite changes after a quick first glance:

Berserk: Removed the 0.5 recharge before you are allowed to activate a berserk burst after entering berserk mode. Increased attack speed bonus from 10% to 15%.

Always Angry: This trait now refreshes when berserk mode ends.

Fatal Frenzy: Increased quickness duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Now also grants 3 seconds of swiftness when berserk mode is activated.

Arcing Sear: This skill has been replaced with Arc Divider. Arc Divider creates a 450 range shockwave that damages up to 5 foes it hits. This skill deals 75% more damage to foes below 50% health.

It never made sense to put a condition damage burst on greatsword, so I'm really happy they rethought that one.

spiritfox

Tempest changes are also up. On mobile so someone else link it. Rebound now acts as an AOE AED.

Edit: Also Reaper and Daredevil. Whole lot of buffs for Reaper and animation cleanup for Daredevil.

Ashodin

YOU DID IT, YOU FINALLY DID IT

yaaas.gif

We’ve lowered recharges of both Justice and Resolve while specialized as a Dragonhunter, in addition to lowering the cast times and improving battle effectiveness.

KARL YOU DA MAN

Ashodin

So I've been wondering this for some time now, and I think I've found my answer:

The leyline armor data mined over a year ago is the Legendary Armor.

Heavy

Medium

Now, I've asked that_shaman on twitter to see if he has the updated models, but we'll see if I get a response.

Reasoning: these armor pieces have not seen the light of day since their addition, plus they have not been added to the gem store or otherwise. They COULD be one of the two "featured armor" sets that they said are in Heart of Thorns, but they look like they will have particle effects on them similar to the ley line weapon skins. If they don't, it would be doing a disservice to that art design.

example: dulfy wielding the grapesword for effect
8W5oOHJ.gif

spiritfox

Wasn't there a datamined medium set with 2 variations, one normal and one more intricate? Maybe that is the legendary armor.

Edit: There were heavy and light versions too.

Morokh

There was a set of every weight with two versions, which is certainly a 'carapace-like' armor set you can get in HoT zones.
Light Medium Heavy

Ley Line armor, here and here

and the new Guild exclusive sets

Ley-Line armor as legendary armor sound like a terrible idea because the matching weapon skins are BLTC skins and because it simply doesn't look very good, even if they add the fancy effects.

Overall if those are the two armor sets we get with HoT, save for the medium one on a female character, I'm not really looking forward to them xD

Ashodin

Ah there it is.

Yeah I think the other armors might be the legendary armors now that I think about it. Precursor and Legendary versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom