• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If there are people who are interested enough in sPvP, I'd love to get consistent premade teams together. To be fair though, I don't think I'm in a real position to lead a team because I'm still learning what is happening in a lot of the matches I'm playing.

I've got about only 200 matches in, and I still think I'm below average as a PvP player. I am literally throwing my stuns into people who have stability up. I've been called out an idiot cause I finished someone when it was a bad idea. There are a lot of things I still don't know about PvP, but I'd like to get better instead of running around like a headless chicken.

Message me ingame or here and we can queue up together. :)

Zanyu.2017

I am like, below-below average but if you are on and see me on and wanna pvp shoot me a whisper and we can try it. I am a Guardian.

#teamhollow

I agree, #teamhollow is a great 2nd place pick!

Everyone go vote, do your part. Pick your fave and let's have a good time.

Retro

Guild Hall Voting is NOW OPEN!
Here's how voting will go for Guild Halls. The bottom two tabs of the Guild Bank have been renamed so that the second tab is now marked "Lost Precipice" while the third tab is "Gilded Hollow." Deposit 1-5g into whichever tab you wish to vote for; whichever tab has the most gold on Thursday will be the winner. Proceeds will be used to fund the claiming and construction of the guild hall.

Please keep in mind that whichever hall wins, we'll try to eventually set up the other one in the Overflow guild and invite people upon request.

Now that Mouse Look is a thing, it's time to bring back Dragon Ball.

GW2_2013-06_DB_Dragonball_1.jpg

I will unfortunately be unavailable for the last day of our Guild Dungeon runs. The Ruined City of Arah Paths 3 and 4 will still go on though, so be sure to get with Zeroth and Levyne after makeup missions to find parties.

I really appreciate how well received the event was and am super thankful for all the help I had organizing it. I hope to see all of you in the future for more fun guild events in Heart of Thorns and beyond!

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Falsetto, and Crescendo are our current Dungeon Masters, so wish them luck in finishing the final two paths and earning the big prize!

Moondrop

Banned
Also, if I go bow, what's a good secondary. Greatsword is an obvious choice but I reeally wanted to keep a focus. (It's the legendary I am going for. The harp)

Maybe 1 handed sword + focus?
I'm having the same dilemma with my glassy roaming dragonhunter build. It stands to reason you would only swap from bow for either great utility (staff) or for defense.

Focus seems like the proper defensive choice, but what about hammer? If the objective is to keep your opponent away, you've got a ranged immmobilize, a launch, and ring of warding. That should be enough to keep yourself upright until it's safe to swap back to bow again- such as from within your ring. Plus you'll already have your F3 as a projectile shield.

Can't wait to purify EotM with true shots.

TrounceX

Can we talk about how completely and totally clueless Anet's WvW team is? I wonder if they realize they just halved the effective time we have on the weekend to play meaningful WvW? Matchups will have already been decided by Friday so there's no incentive to play except to karma train. No more Friday night fights, no more Saturday morning SEA raids, ff you're OCX time zone, sucks for you, your reset is now on a Sunday. These were server community events, it was the unofficial start of the weekend for thousands of us. Come on, wtf...

What a slap in the face.

I have a full Cleric Ascended Set for my guardian used to run nothing but an Altruistic healing build, but since the specs change seems useless, and Druid/Rev look to be better healers, problem now is what to change the armor set to, PvT or Sentinel for raids..

Spyware

#teamhollow should stop cheating! :p
Go #teamlost!

I hope the name of the guild is displayed near the Guild Hall name somewhere. My first guild, now my bank guild, has just the perfect name for LP:
Lost Precipice - Whereabouts Unknown

I guess I should vote Hollow for GAF since I'm gonna get LP on the other guild but... nope. Just can't. Go LP!

I will unfortunately be unavailable for the last day of our Guild Dungeon runs. The Ruined City of Arah Paths 3 and 4 will still go on though, so be sure to get with Zeroth and Levyne after makeup missions to find parties.

I really appreciate how well received the event was and am super thankful for all the help I had organizing it. I hope to see all of you in the future for more fun guild events in Heart of Thorns and beyond!

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Falsetto, and Crescendo are our current Dungeon Masters, so wish them luck in finishing the final two paths and earning the big prize!

Oh no :( It was really nice to run dungeons with you! Thanks so much for everything!

I'm so happy this event was started and I've had so much fun. This event and the nice words from guildies has helped me soo much. I've gone from never running dungeons to helping out when people ask and I'm even gonna pug AC on my EU account where I don't have the guild to back me up :O It's all thanks to this :)

Proven

Guild Hall Voting is NOW OPEN!
Here's how voting will go for Guild Halls. The bottom two tabs of the Guild Bank have been renamed so that the second tab is now marked "Lost Precipice" while the third tab is "Gilded Hollow." Deposit 1-5g into whichever tab you wish to vote for; whichever tab has the most gold on Thursday will be the winner. Proceeds will be used to fund the claiming and construction of the guild hall.

Please keep in mind that whichever hall wins, we'll try to eventually set up the other one in the Overflow guild and invite people upon request.
So I jumped on around midnight last night, tired, wanting to quickly do dailies, only half paying attention to guild chat, and ended up depositing 10 gold (with character Bloody Smith). Sorry!

And here I thought Ike would be there to keep the throne as the original GAG Dungeon Master.

Can we talk about how completely and totally clueless Anet's WvW team is? I wonder if they realize they just halved the effective time we have on the weekend to play meaningful WvW? Matchups will have already been decided by Friday so there's no incentive to play except to karma train. No more Friday night fights, no more Saturday morning SEA raids, ff you're OCX time zone, sucks for you, your reset is now on a Sunday. These were server community events, it was the unofficial start of the weekend for thousands of us. Come on, wtf...

What a slap in the face.
Honestly, I'm torn. Yes, they announced the time change way too late (and probably because of what happened with the squad UI issues during the last beta event). No, it's not like they don't care about WvW because part of the reason they want to push the day back is out of concern for disrupting WvW on reset night. Any fixes that come out, both for WvW and for the entire game (like Squad UI/party issues, or server crash fixes), can cause a build to go out which disrupts siege, upgrades, positioning, everything. If Friday is becoming a bad day, then the next best option with numbers of players playing (since the players themselves keep reminding them that the weekend is the most important fight for WvW and can decide the whole week) is to move the day to Saturday.

edit: I ranted, will come back tonight or another day to write something more fair and in better consideration of the skin I have in the game.

Zeroth

Its fine to vote with more than 5g, we just wont take in consideration the excess. Furthermore, doing 5g or more ensures you voted to the max possible, so thats always welcome.

Is there a list of all the things that will be added with Heart of Thorns? Also, has anything been said about when the Living Story will start again?

Retro

Is there a list of all the things that will be added with Heart of Thorns? Also, has anything been said about when the Living Story will start again?

http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/

No info on when the Living World will start up, they specifically said they were waiting until launch to detail their future plans. They've pretty much confirmed there will be a Season 3 though, we just don't know when it will start.

As Anet done preloading before? It'll be good to not have to install the whole thing on launch day.

Pretty sure the reason the last few updates have been huge is because they're preloading a lot of the content already. I'm sure there will be an update on launch day, but hopefully it won't be too big. This is their first expansion so it's hard to say.

Zeroth

Haven't they already more or less done that with a large part of the content? What with the betas and such?

Beta only covered one map out of 4. Plus many story stuff that hasn't been included yet due to datamines probably. There's plenty of content that hasn't been added simply because they are doing the final touches.

Hedge

Beta only covered one map out of 4. Plus many story stuff that hasn't been included yet due to datamines probably. There's plenty of content that hasn't been added simply because they are doing the final touches.

Right, sorry. I didn't want to spoil myself in the betas, so I only played around with the classes in the known maps.

Jira

We haven't even seen all of VB actually. There's the entire underground, the entire middle of the map, and the canopy in the middle/eastern side. Then the other 3 maps are a complete mystery, as are the world bosses for each map, we have no idea how the security level system works in VB or what it actually does because they intentionally made it impossible to level up. We have no idea how much story there is, there's tons of adventures just in VB that weren't ever on. There's WAY more coming here than people seem to grasp (none of this was aimed at you, just typing it out).

Wanderer5

Thanks again for these dungeon events. It looks like they have done well.^.^ So glad to have finally gone through Arah and complete Aether path 100%, and am happy to have done it with you guys.:)

And congrats to the folks that going to wrap up having done all the paths during the events.

gw996_zpsbrrgob0b.jpg

I had a great final dungeon group today. Thanks to Quenk, Sonicbug, Wanderer5, Garebear, and rhmatt for joining me.

Congratulations to Wanderer5 and Sonicbug (almost!) on finishing their Dungeon Master achievements today. :)

Zeroth

Thank you to my party for today, we got to finish P3 really fast and P4 we only had problems with Lupi, and not with the other hard stuff in there :) Thank you Taffer, Karamba, burnt toast and Kitsy!

Additionally, thank you for all those who attended our dungeon runs. It was an awesome experience to have so many different people running dungeons together, and I hope we'll have many more adventures and fun events with the upcoming expansion :)

Sonicbug

Thanks to the leaders who set up the dungeon runs. I probably would have never gone through them without guild peer pressure! I really didn't think I'd make it to every week either when it started.

So, by configuring my Orbweaver such that one of the buttons registers as right click(and having it just held down), I was able to configure the steam controller to about 90% of how it will be with action cam, and it feels really great. Obviously its ultimately still a slight bit jank, but its already very comfortable to play (if a bit awkward with menus). Here later I'll clean up the config and post a screens of it.

usea

Oh no I'm a fairly adept Engineer, was just saying that Engies can pretty much bring every weapon they want, just "which do I bring now".

EDIT: I took my lunch break as an oppurtunity to set up my Steam Controller controls. Hopefully they stay from work profile to playing games profile, would hate to have to rebind everything. Really, the only annoying thing right now is having to hold a button down to adjust the camera. Everything else is great.
Oh, my bad. I totally misread. Sorry ;_;

Clearos

Took a break from the game but excited to come back with the expansion. went overboard and got the ultimate pre-order. Once I name my Revenant I'll post for a guild invite. Glad to see the community is still going strong.

....or I can just post my account name like a normal person.

Clear.8512

Spyware

A huge thank you to everyone who helped organize the Dungeon Event. I've had so much fun. I can't describe how thankful I am :)

Also a huge amount of thanks to the guildies in the various parties I've been a part of, It's been so much fun! sorry (not sorry!) for being an annoying shutterbug ;)

A bunch of extra thanks to my party from yesterday, Retro, Saturdai and Modric, for keeping my mood up when everything went south. <3
I feel better now!

spiritfox

Guild Missions: Week 1

With the new guild mission system (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-mission-changes-and-improvements/), missions each week are randomly generated. There is a toggle you can use to allow your guild to select between PvE, PvP, WvW guild missions, or a mix of all three for more diverse guilds. When you make a change to the toggle, it&#8217;ll go into effect during the next week of missions. We&#8217;ve defaulted all guilds to the mix of all three mission options for week one, which means every guild will have the mix of missions option selected for week one.

The random roll for this week already happened and we&#8217;re seeing on our internal servers that week ones missions rolled a mix of PvP and WvW missions for the first three mission slots that guilds have unlocked once you&#8217;re able to access the expansion (as you unlock deeper into your guild hall, you&#8217;ll be able to unlock more mission slots). We wanted to make sure everyone knew this information ahead of time.

I guess it won't matter since we'll be doing guild hall, but FYI.

Fractal Dungeon Leaderboards

Back when we announced all the updates to Fractals for Heart of Thorns &#8211; the announce blog also discussed more information coming before HoT about leaderboards for Fractals. Our team of folks working on Fractal dungeons kept iterating on this concept and ultimately we have decided to make it something more involved (re: exciting) than our original plans which will extend our development a bit more. This also means you&#8217;ll be able to earn the new fractal backpack precursor, but a few of the components for the new legendary will come with this expanded future fractals feature.

As always, we&#8217;ll discuss features once they&#8217;re far enough along to share development details on; our Fractal Dungeon team will be back with more updates about this and other plans for Fractal Dungeons in the future: when it&#8217;s ready&#8482;.

RIP Fractals.

Taffer

Combat Visibility

One change you’ll notice when the expansion goes live – a number of FX for skills have changed. We’ve tried to cut back some of the visual noise of some of the “noisiest” skills to make it easier to see what’s going on in combat with multiple players/mobs on screen. We’ve also made some skill FX end much faster to align with the length their actual combat effect happens in the world – previously some FX lingered much longer than the actual outcome of the skills combat interaction would occur. This is also to help make it easier to see what’s going on in combat.

Seriously the best part.

Engineer Profession Icon

We’ve had some issues over the years with folks being able to tell the difference between the Engineer and Elementalist profession icons, in particular when they are shrunk down to smaller sizes for party UI. This became even more apparent when we began testing our updated large squad UI. As a result, we’re going to be changing the engineer icon to better differentiate between the two. We’ve also done a bit of re-work to better differentiate the icons between Scrapper, Tempest, Engineer and Elementalist.

Also nice but posted mainly because that's the whole thing pasted in here now.

Zeroth

We are probably going to limits ourselves to PvE because of WvW. Depending on how the WvW/PvP missions are we could host them every so often, but we'll see this weekend how things play out

Retro

Yeah, we're gonna have to see how things work before we decide, but based on our open approach to WvW it may not work when our members are scattered across various worlds. I know we have a lot of people who regularly sPVP though, so maybe we'll switch to a mix of that and PVE.

We could also, theoretically, use GAFO for PVP missions or something. I mean, the guild has a lot of upgrades and we're going to be sinking time into it for the second hall choice, so... it's an option, I guess.

I want to see how everything works before we make a decision.

Retro

Lots of news / info / stuff trickling out today;

Matthew Medina said:
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to pop on here and clarify something very specific, and very important, about the &#8220;Heart of Thorns&#8221; storyline. The first chapter titled &#8220;Prologue: Rally to Maguuma&#8221;, which some of you have played a beta version of in our previous BWE releases, is set in a public multi-player tutorial style map, very similar to the way that new players start in a multi-player tutorial map. It is NOT a private story instance.
As such, the rules for story steps in public maps apply, namely that even if you are in a party with your friends together in this map, EACH party member must complete the story step individually in order to receive credit toward unlocking the second chapter &#8220;Torn from the Sky&#8221;.

In short: if you want to party up to get into the &#8220;Heart of Thorns&#8221; storyline and enter the first story instance &#8220;Torn from the Sky&#8221; together, PLEASE make sure all party members have completed the &#8220;Prologue: Rally to Maguuma&#8221; story chapter first.

The game WILL allow you to enter the &#8220;Torn from the Sky&#8221; instance even if you have not completed the prologue step, but you will NOT earn progress on &#8220;Torn from the Sky&#8221; until you&#8217;ve completed that step, which may result in party members needing to re-do the prologue and &#8220;Torn from the Sky&#8221; a second time to get full credit.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this might cause, but hopefully if you all think of the starting prologue experience in terms of the starting tutorial maps, it will be clear.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing you all playing through the &#8220;Heart of Thorns&#8221; storyline and giving us your feedback here. See you in game soon! (source)

Ashodin

Yeah I'm going to say it'll likely be PVE missions only depending on what the response is from the guild at large. Since PvP missions would take the place of PVE missions if you select a mix, I'm concerned with guildies getting a short two missions instead of our four we hit every weekend. Not every player does PvP, so I'd feel we'd leave people out if we split up the types for a week.

Doing the PvP entirely on GAFO seems the right idea.

Edit: I plan on doing the story solo immediately upon release.

Callunah

Neo Member
I am soooo thankful that you are feeling better!!! (Was overjoyed that you were able to stick it out and finish up the night with us too!)

The last months of dungeons have been so great, and am thankful that I was able to be in groups with so many "new to me" people! It was fun!!!

A huge thank you to everyone who helped organize the Dungeon Event. I've had so much fun. I can't describe how thankful I am :)

Also a huge amount of thanks to the guildies in the various parties I've been a part of, It's been so much fun! sorry (not sorry!) for being an annoying shutterbug ;)

A bunch of extra thanks to my party from yesterday, Retro, Saturdai and Modric, for keeping my mood up when everything went south. <3
I feel better now!

hythloday

wth is gafo

It's the overflow guild that was used when the game launched because we had more than 500 people and GAF filled up. Eventually as people stopped playing, everyone who was still active was able to get an invite to GAF.

We MIGHT end up using it for people coming back for HoT, but personally I'm not really sure for how long. We were at 488~ members the other day, so all it takes is another couple handfuls of returning players to hit the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom