• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

Unless you own every legendary, why would you trash it?

Not interested in more than Bolt and Kraitkin. I mean, in the end I don't care. I just wish I could put them to use. But I'd rather trash them than use them to build a legendary I don't want.
In the end, all I wanted was the gold star, really. :p

Jira

Not interested in more than Bolt and Kraitkin. I mean, in the end I don't care. I just wish I could put them to use. But I'd rather trash them than use them to build a legendary I don't want.
In the end, all I wanted was the gold star, really. :p

You can still work towards building one and then sell it for gold.

Besides icy runestones, what else of the old stuff can you collect now to hoard for a new legendary?

these new ones dont require badges of honor or mystic clovers either?

Proven

I dismissed the camera changes at first, but reading the dulfy notes and seeing some screenshots....

This is literally what I've always wanted from GW2! This takes it away from a tab targeting game and makes it way more immersive for me. I can now stop devoting 2-3 key binds just for quick targeting, and I can even save a mouse button with the new bind for Skill #1. And even without any of that stuff, the fact that they're adding an option to change your target halfway through a channel to hit a new target is gold.

Hawkian, when you see this, go read the notes. This update is amazing for controller players. I might actually switch to one myself now.

Only disappointment, using trebs will be even more awkward for me than they are with my current keybinds. I really wished Skill #1 on trebs and similar devices was to fire, and then Skill #2 and Skill #3 were to aim left and right.

Besides icy runestones, what else of the old stuff can you collect now to hoard for a new legendary?

these new ones dont require badges of honor or mystic clovers either?

You will, I'm pretty sure. Someone needs to make a graphic for me to be absolutely sure though.

Wallach

Camera changes? Man it would be awesome if they implemented a real mouselook mode.

lZTFtLh.gif

The action camera mode looks like what we were trying to do when we did Rifle-only, no autoaim runs of SE and TA. The cross-hair will be pretty nifty to have.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is it safe to use your api key at gw2efficiency? I like their crafting calculator

Jira

Is it safe to use your api key at gw2efficiency? I like their crafting calculator

Yeah all a key does is share what is tied to your account item wise and all that. Nothing can be done with it other than view what you own. Just don't share it with anyone but that site if you're worried at all.

Proven

Update on WvW time: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-the-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/5617694

John Corpening said:
Hello All,
Launching a game is an enormous undertaking and our teams need time to address any issues that come up. Therefore after launch we must move WvW reset to Saturday. We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

Since it is clear that we cannot pick a time that will work for everyone, we will be maintaining our original plan of shifting reset by 24 hours, to Saturday evening. That time was based on data for when prime time occurs in each region.

Thank you,
John

Fishious

I wasn't expecting much when they mentioned the camera changes, but after seeing the stream I'm blown away. This changes everything! I also love how there were potentially so many small issues that could ruin its usability for certain professions/builds, but every time Joel preempted it and showed they had already thought of that issue and had solution. Dude's a superstar.

One last pre-launch stronghold tournament! https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Academy-Gaming-Stronghold-Tournament-October-19/first

Good news: Every participant will get a llama!

Bad news: On Monday, and only 16 teams can participate.

I am actually available for that time. If GAF's putting together a team and needs a fifth man or something I'll volunteer. I don't want to take a spot from one of our veterans since I'm still scrub tier, but I'm pretty comfortable with stronghold (and only stronghold) so I don't think I'll be that much of a liability.

Vena

After I get back from turning off some equipment and lasers, would anyone mind giving me a hand in the one final achievement for Luminous, the one where you have to pass the three trials of ascension in eight minutes? Its proved to be a real pain in the ass to solo, haha.

So like in an hour.

Time for another reminder that the Alpine Borderland maps will be gone (at least for a little while) from WvW once HoT adds the Desert Borderlands. So get your Hero Points and Jumping Puzzle stuff done now.

The hero points In the new borderlands will be the same as the old ones.

Oh, that makes it easier then.

Morokh

Person of Interest? I stopped mid season 2, should I start again?

Points of Interest is the old name of Guild Chat (the weekly twitch livestream)

For Person of Interest, the TV show, you should definitely catch-up, that show is definitely awesome :p

UltimateIke said:
Time for another reminder that the Alpine Borderland maps will be gone (at least for a little while) from WvW once HoT adds the Desert Borderlands. So get your Hero Points and Jumping Puzzle stuff done now.

Oh ! I did the jumping puzzles during Guild Chat yesterday, but didn't think of the Hero Points, thanks for the reminder !

spiritfox

The hero points In the new borderlands will be the same as the old ones.

SourBear

Banned
Wow. Really looking forward to the action camera stuff. Biggest pet peeve about having to hold down the right mouse button all of the time is gone. it will be glorious!

Hedge

What should I do to prepare for HoT? Give me tips

I've 12 characters I need to farm Hero Points on so I can unlock their specializations. Farm gold and materials for the precursor collections. Craft a full set of ascended for my Revenant. Buy silk since the devs have said that they'll do something about the SW farm, but they feel as if silk is totally in a good spot.

Action cam?

My Steam controller is ready.

Action cam does actually make things a bit tricky for GW2 with a Steam Controller though... I'll have to take a look. Now we have to try and get every skill on the triggers.

Proven

Alternatively, only farm hero points on characters you already have at level 80. Especially if you're like me and after 3 years you still only have 4 level 80s and can't decide if he should spend his tomes on the rest because it's not like he's going to enjoy every elite specialization anyway...

1 last LS2 chevo and I'll have them all.

Thank you SpiritFox for helping me get the Mote Challenge chevo in the Grove dragon fight instance.

After the last chevo, will be finishing up story and LS on Sylvari Necro so I gave him available to do HoT after my main.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Try to have as many hero points as you can so you can unlock your elite specialization right away

I have a guardian only and don't plan on switching to a bow I think. Still worth it's specialization? Hmm...

I have a guardian only and don't plan on switching to a bow I think. Still worth it's specialization? Hmm...

The F1-F3 skills have some really cool effects. Secondly, the bow feels pretty good to me now. Certainly better than scepter/staff. It feels... different from Warrior LB and that to me is important. It feels a bit closer to ranger Longbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom