• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

assman.jpg

I'm actually a boobman

Just did the level 60 story quest, the feels. It really helps make you care about your character more, it's a fantastic touch and really adds to the game. I've been playing so much since I bought it, 54 hours on this char alone since the 6th. I haven't no lifed a game this hard since WoW and I quit that about 6 years ago.

Forgal was so bad ass, I was legit sad when he died. I had to recruit the Norn just to have a big bastard by my side again

Really looking forward to 80 so I can get my gear and find a skin, I like the Pit Fighter one which you can apparently get for 90 WvW tokens which I somehow already have. Right now I look fucking awful lol.
If you that tugged at your heart strings, just wait until you run around in bloodtide coast and
run into the risen corpse of your former mentor as a veteran mod event.

Also, your next character should be order of whispers.

Ashodin

I watched some of the stream from EGX Rezzed. I have to say, the Mordrem that can talk have fucking fantastic VA. Menacing to go along with their abilities. Also hearing your character talk (even in open world(!)) is awesome.

PAX East and Rezzed have killed all the new info coming out on the website. It sucks how every interview they are in they can't talk about anything.

If you watched POI and Ready up the week before community people went to ANET for previews, you know everything about HoT that they have shared.

Meh.

It was bad enough waiting for LIving Story when it went on breaks but the expansion wait is too long. No more expansions ANET put whole company on living story.

Khilandros

WvW is so much fun! I'm just running around following the commander and mob, my low level ass getting wrecked by zerg groups clashing with us...damn, never knew it would be this great! Can't wait to see what it will be like at lvl 80 with better gear :)

Im not in any guild

step one get into the guild.

Easy peasy. And then we can run around and do stupid crap together! I just started a week ago and should be your level in a day or two.

Edit: Also I saw an anime once where a dude wasn't in a guild. His sister fell in love with him. Don't be that guy. Join GAF!

Remfin

The website registration for authenticated API usage should go live next week...hopefully I'll be hitting up some of you to be guinea pigs :)

Tech-Wolf

It didn't went that bad, hawk died only 30+ times while apple it was only once. Yeah Hawk you were lost at the end. I wonder how many bottle did you went threw?

Quenk

It may have taken a few tries but we made it through all of AC. And Hawk was able to still form coherent sentences so it was all good.

Duress

I finished my first dungeon. I honestly don't know how agro works out in this game, or how I'm supposed to survive as a warrior on bosses without heals. I know to dodge, and the utility abilities, but the heals barely even fill up my hp.

If you're using Healing Signet, you aren't really supposed to activate it. The passive heal is worth much more.

If you're using Healing Surge, it heals for a great deal, as long as your adrenaline bar is full.

Mending and Defiant Stance are special case heals, and I wouldn't carry them in most fights.

Remfin

From my experience, warrior in PUGs sucks. The aggro system in this game is so screwy you can't help but have a bad experience.

Zeroth

I finished my first dungeon. I honestly don't know how agro works out in this game, or how I'm supposed to survive as a warrior on bosses without heals. I know to dodge, and the utility abilities, but the heals barely even fill up my hp.

Signet, which is the meta, basically means you need to keep yourself above 60% or so HP. I say that because given it takes time to heal a considerable amount, you should never put yourself in a scenario where you are this close to getting downed. Damage mitigation in the form of dodges (GS has its own dodge on skill 3) is a way to keep yourself alive, plus stuff like Signet of Stamina for extra endurance.

From my experience, warrior in PUGs sucks. The aggro system in this game is so screwy you can't help but have a bad experience.

Warrior is a class with a small skill entry point, and as such it's natural to find more people not used to play it efficiently, because it's relatively easy to just play it. A good warrior is one that goes above said skill cap and manages to help both himself and his party, which is a considerable task if you are used to simply use GS 2 and run in circles until it's out of cooldown.

If it' any consolation, a good batch of bad warriors quit the game once Hundred Blades' damage was nerfed by 8% since it was a clear sign that Anet was nerfing warriors to oblivion.

Remfin

My problem isn't how warriors plays, and I'm not going to claim I was particularly good/bad.

But when armor, toughness, and damage determine who gets hit (and vitality or hp pool also did in some way from my experience), and everyone else is running around in Berserker, it just sucked. My entire experience in dungeons was bosses/mobs locked on me 100% of the time. No amount of dodging and proper healing technique helps you survive that unless it's a gimmick boss or can be kited.

Zeroth

My problem isn't how warriors plays, and I'm not going to claim I was particularly good/bad.

But when armor, toughness, and damage determine who gets hit (and vitality or hp pool also did in some way from my experience), and everyone else is running around in Berserker, it just sucked. My entire experience in dungeons was bosses/mobs locked on me 100% of the time. No amount of dodging and proper healing technique helps you survive that unless it's a gimmick boss or can be kited.

Seems more like a problem tied to the zerker meta itself than a warrior problem. I see that happen quite often on duos toward me, so I can relate to how you feel. If it's any consolation, GAF runs tend to be pretty stress-free in that regard.

Remfin

Seems more like a problem tied to the zerker meta itself than a warrior problem. I see that happen quite often on duos toward me, so I can relate to how you feel. If it's any consolation, GAF runs tend to be pretty stress-free in that regard.
It is. But the warrior = heavy part makes it ugly.

Most people don't stress about it. But as someone who intends to pull their own weight, you hardly need other people to stress about it to feel like something is wrong.

leng jai

Try running shield and using energy sigils for more dodges. There's also Endure Pain which is a 4 second block and stun breaker. Soldier runes gives you more health and pretty good condi removal if you're using shouts.

Proximity+DPS is the strongest aggro factor for the majority of bosses, so if you are feeling the heat and need time to heal, it's usually as simple as running away while someone closer to the boss keeps attacking.

Warrior is not targeted more often over any other profession, and Levyne and Zeroth would probably both make a case for Warrior actually getting ignored far too often.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It may have taken a few tries but we made it through all of AC. And Hawk was able to still form coherent sentences so it was all good.

It didn't went that bad, hawk died only 30+ times while apple it was only once. Yeah Hawk you were lost at the end. I wonder how many bottle did you went threw?
I remember story, path 1 and 2 quite well.

I do not remember path 3 at all.

nataku

It is ok, you kept running into wall and dying in place. Nothing memorable to be remember.

Also they just showed the new WvW stuff on egx rezzed live stream, the new map sound cool, and will replace old server borderland ( it might be on rotation they still don't know). bunch of other stuff. Here a general list of it

Colin posted later in that thread.

ArenaColin
As Tyler said when the expansion ships we will initially replace the existing borderland map entirely with the new one, later there will be a rotation of schedule/format TBD between borderland maps.

Wanderer5

Meh the new map looks cool, but I not sure at all the gimmicks that can hinder open field combat heh. Amusing that the quaggan island is back in some way now as a skyhammer thing.:p

Thorgal

Are we having a " show up Drunk at Guild missions and get an exotic of your choice " tonight ? *

Exotic to be under 25 Gold limit .

Are we having a " show up Drunk at Guild missions and get an exotic of your choice " tonight ? *

Exotic to be under 25 Gold limit .

If you guys are crazy enough to get on mumble or teamspeak I will throw in 15 gold to raise the exotic limit.

actually where do I even deposit 15 gold. I don't need it I have extra from bag upgrades.

Ashodin

SMH at the people hating on the new map on Reddit.

"THE GAME WASNT BROKEN WHY CHANGE TO THIS SHITTY MAP"

"I think this map's mechanics will be terrible, and as a player from a winning server, will let you know that people who win WvW will win it harder now."

"THERES NO POSSIBLE WAY SMALL GROUPS CAN EVER WIN"

"I think this map's mechanics will be terrible, and as a player from a winning server, will let you know that people who win WvW will win it harder now."

I am completely new to this entire game. But honestly change is never taken well. Reddit of course will have the loudest audience...

People will calm down once its been out for a while.

Trey

This is why we leave reddit bullshit on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom