• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complistic

Faces again... I want new hairstyles.

Why_not_both.jpg

Lunar15

So, I haven't been reading much at all about the expansion: Did not realize that the new borderlands was straight up replacing the old WvW map. That's pretty cool actually, the new one looks downright nuts.

Moondrop

Banned
Teleports: These skills will no longer activate if a valid path to the target point cannot be found, except when acting as a stun break.
Is this a huge nerf? No, you can still blink up to places. I wonder what was changed.

Armor of Earth: This cantrip skill now grants 10 stacks of stability on use.
That's a lot.

“Stand Your Ground!”: This skill now grants 5 stacks of stability to nearby allies.
That can definitely be stripped. All guardians reroll. :p

Mantra of Concentration: This mantra now applies 3 stacks of stability to nearby allies each time it is activated.
I can work with that. Not giving up on my new mesmer build concept yet.

Lich Form: This ability now grants 1 stack of stability every 3 seconds, with a 3-second duration.
RIP Lich meta.

nataku

So, I haven't been reading much at all about the expansion: Did not realize that the new borderlands was straight up replacing the old WvW map. That's pretty cool actually, the new one looks downright nuts.

Only for a time. Colin said on reddit that it'll be on rotation eventually.

I'm hoping they'll be taking the time it's not in play to revamp it a bit, because going back to that after playing the new one will be hard for a lot of people.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Patch is now downloading at 100kb/s, this will take forever.

Remotely loged in to my PC at home to update the game for later but the launcher just says "Initializing..." is anyone seeing the same thing?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about 3 bars from level 80 and the patch is downloading at 20kb/s now, the torture!

Found a fix on Reddit, close the launcher and paste this ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -assetsrv 62.154.232.128:80" into the start menu, it will open the game using a different server. Mine just finished downloading at 3mb/s opposed to 20kb/s.

Khilandros

Max FoV is amazing and so glad they finally added it.

First person is fun and there's crazy screen shake when you get hit and whatnot, going to see how long I can do this on my Ele, d/d will be interesting, lol.

The shadow weapons look so good, but I can't afford any of them.

Also, I had a lot of fun doing my first guild challenge with you guys on Sunday. Looking forward to more.

This patch is megaton. So many great fixes, some long overdue. The streaming client is great, I love having an in-game ping now, and so on. No more WvW needed for World Completion, the Stability changes.. increase to votekick needed to kick someone, about time.

Only the Modrem Wolf got nerfed. :p

Be sure to go through all the game settings again with a fine-tooth comb.

Patch seems interesting. The new camera looks great and I wonder how the stab changes will play out. However, I lost my drive to play. I think I've been going too hard the last couple of months and it's time for an extended break. That's what I love about GW2, don't have to worry about a sub, and I can come back when I'm ready.

Grats! You were quite quick on it, for your first 80.

Patch seems interesting. The new camera looks great and I wonder how the stab changes will play out. However, I lost my drive to play. I think I've been going too hard the last couple of months and it's time for an extended break. That's what I love about GW2, don't have to worry about a sub, and I can come back when I'm ready.

Ditto. I took two weeks off, and I'm feeling very eager to do stuff in the game again.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Grats! You were quite quick on it, for your first 80.

Nice, what's the rough average? I basically just went from zone to zone completing them 100%, while doing the story mode and story dungeons as they popped up.

OH AND, max FoV = sex.

Ditto. I took two weeks off, and I'm feeling very eager to do stuff in the game again.

Yeah, a few weeks here and there is probably the best. The longest I did was three months, and I started to have withdrawals. Kept constantly thinking about it and checking the forums. I always come back and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Yeah, a few weeks here and there is probably the best. The longest I did was three months, and I started to have withdrawals. Kept constantly thinking about it and checking the forums. I always come back and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I hear ya. I'm like that with Twitter.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, this may be the stupidest question ever, but why am I moving so fast now? I bought my level 80 Berserker's gear from the AH, went out to test it and I'm moving much faster than before? Do you just move faster at 80 or what?

Arcteryx

Guys, this may be the stupidest question ever, but why am I moving so fast now? I bought my level 80 Berserker's gear from the AH, went out to test it and I'm moving much faster than before? Do you just move faster at 80 or what?

Did you have walk enabled or something? lol

There are certain runes that'll give you movement speed boost (Traveler and Speed), however I don't think that would be the case if you just bought it from the AH.

Minamu

Berserker's don't have any speed boosts inherently, maybe you have some signets going on? Or it's simply the new camera that makes it feel faster.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It was the FoV, went back to default and was slow again, so it was just an illusion! Spent about 1g on all my level 80 gear/gems, now I'm off farming my last trait to save some pennies then I don't know, maybe some PvP for exotic weapons, I already got a sick axe from PvP without much effort. I also have a couple of story dungeons to complete, and I want to 100% the zone I was levelling in when I dinged. Exciting times ahead.

Zeroth

My asura engineer is making sounds from other classes/races. Just now he yelled "Retreat" in the female human voice despite not doing anything.

Guild chat is also wild with lots of people typing random embarrassing stuff thinking no one is reading it.

Best patch.

And this is why patches have QC testing, but I think a week wasn't long enough. Lots of systems must have had pretty big changes.
Yeah, hope they give enough QC time to HoT because I'm sure that's gonna have even more changes that could break things.

Sometimes I feel like it's just impossible to know what will happen on the live client. Luckily they are pretty quick with fixing things that break.

Zeroth

HoT beta will help nailing down this kind of stuff before it hits the common user. All anet needs to do is start sending beta invites
to me

HoT beta will help nailing down this kind of stuff before it hits the common user. All anet needs to do is start sending beta invites
to me
People who were subscribed to newsletter since GW2 was announced get in first so your shit out of luck.

That shaman found 3 other revenant legendary stances in dat file.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just did CoF P1 and P2 which was fun. The gear you get from tokens looks great which is a bonus, right now I look like a level 5 NPC. I'm going for the GS first as that seems the biggest upgrade, and it looks cool! What else should I be doing daily apart from the daily quest and CoF? Any other ways to get Berserker gear? I know I need Laurels for Ascended necks/rings but I only have 15 of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom