• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

OAdImxD.gif

wallach if you don't get this you're not a man

or a norn

Quenk

I think there's a bug that's preventing me from buying trait guides. I'm only seeing the guides for the traits that I've already unlocked.

Anno

The new camera stuff is great. I really hope though that they can find a way to remove from shield effect from VoCourage in first person, 'cause it makes it so annoying to use when running around.

leng jai

All the hilts on the Shadow weapons are ugly as sin but the effect is nice. Playing with max field of view is a bit too much of me, currently have it at 85%.

Anyone having problems with guild chat? Mine says I'm not in a guild.

Minamu

All the hilts on the Shadow weapons are ugly as sin but the effect is nice. Playing with max field of view is a bit too much of me, currently have it at 85%.

Anyone having problems with guild chat? Mine says I'm not in a guild.
Yeah, try changing your online status to invisible and such, should kick the guild chat back into functioning. nobody knows why, just that it tends to work (except for chillingssworth).

Anno

Some really nice sword skins coming out of the datamining. Makes me hyped to see what might be some of the new legendaries.

Retro

Yeah, try changing your online status to invisible and such, should kick the guild chat back into functioning. nobody knows why, just that it tends to work (except for chillingssworth).

This is actually causing a Crash to Desktop. Yikes.

gw2-hot-weapons.jpg

Katana sword and Katana Dagger. ArenaNet you da real MvP. I also enjoy the one-handed sword. Should look nice with guardian and a chaos shield.

The new faces are conservative and subtle but I like them. I love love love love that they add new faces and hairstyles.

Levyne

Banned
Was able to get the client to update at work but at home on both my laptop and desktop I am a little less luck.

Edit: Removing sweetfx did the trick, but I hope I can get that working again.

Edit Edit: Now I am getting connection error on the laptop, doesn't even have sweetfx. grrr

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's a bug that's preventing me from buying trait guides. I'm only seeing the guides for the traits that I've already unlocked.

Yeah, I had to go out and actually find the trait via skill point completion. It saved me 1g 50s I guess...

Ashodin

gw2-hot-weapons.jpg

Katana sword and Katana Dagger. ArenaNet you da real MvP. I also enjoy the one-handed sword. Should look nice with guardian and a chaos shield.

The new faces are conservative and subtle but I like them. I love love love love that they add new faces and hairstyles.

I see mesmer sword

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Going from world boss to world boss, this is the shit I bought the game for, even if I have to play on best performance which is N64 level to keep 60fps. There is a massive difference in quality between them though, some are 1 minute yawn fests while others like Jormag are just fucking fantastic. BTW, is it super rare to get an exotic item from the chest? I always get a rare.

leng jai

Going from world boss to world boss, this is the shit I bought the game for, even if I have to play on best performance which is N64 level to keep 60fps. There is a massive difference in quality between them though, some are 1 minute yawn fests while others like Jormag are just fucking fantastic. BTW, is it super rare to get an exotic item from the chest? I always get a rare.

And people call me a troll.

Retro

New build in 10 minutes,
No notes yet, hopefully this fixes the guild bug.

Edit: Ah, here we go;
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a server crash.
  • Fixed an issue in which players could see only their current profession’s weapons and armors at vendors.

Levyne

Banned
Most people think Jormag is really boring and drawn out. (If you didn't see, he bolded that part in the quote.)

In fact, boremag, snoremag, jorelag, are pretty common nicknames :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You said jormag was a fantastic fight when most people consider it one of the most boring world bosses in the game.

/shrug, I thought it was pretty epic. Maybe I'll get bored of it in the future but it was more interesting than say the Shaman who just stood there and died in 2 minutes.

Be sure to check your keybinds. I can't bind Interact and AoE loot to the same key anymore, so AoE loot was unbound. (I'm a derp, ignore me)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you thought Jormag was awesome, Tequatl is some next level stuff.

We wiped on this one because we were "in the wrong instance" or something so I just left and went onto the next one.

Levyne

Banned
Be sure to check your keybinds. I can't bind Interact and AoE loot to the same key anymore, so AoE loot was unbound.

I must be underthinking something, but can't you just tick the aoe loot on interact option? That's all I did when they first made that an option.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
/shrug, I thought it was pretty epic. Maybe I'll get bored of it in the future but it was more interesting than say the Shaman who just stood there and died in 2 minutes.

The repetition brings diminishing returns. I also thought it was amazing and epic the first few times but do that several times a week for over a year and you'll come to hate it too. Some of the bosses end so quickly that you can't even register emotion, whether good or bad towards them. The pirate gate boss is another one I loved the first two times and now just avoid.

Minamu

This is actually causing a Crash to Desktop. Yikes.
It didn't for me nor Chillingsworth. I think a few others did the same thing. I got the tip from the wiki of all places.

Anyway, got a Charr plushie backpiece in a chest today and a couple of traits from dungeons, very good day :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
And this is why patches have QC testing, but I think a week wasn't long enough. Lots of systems must have had pretty big changes.
what was the change/bug that resulted in people saying embarrassing things in guild chat yet?
St3v3 said:

Have you seen the Golem Mk. II yet? One of my favorites. Also the Fire Shaman, not so frequently done anymore cause it's not on a timer, highly recommended.

Rares are guaranteed. There are extremely rare unique exotics associated with some events found in the physical chest in the world, but you always get a rare (once per day) from the pop-up chest.

I thought the Claw of Jormag was extraordinary the first time I did it too btw. Many have apparently been playing too long or too cynically to be able to relate to that feeling.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We wiped on this one because we were "in the wrong instance" or something so I just left and went onto the next one.
Tequatl, the Triple Wurm, and the Vinewrath are a bit unique in that they're more mechanically involved and easily failable without coordination.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
what was the change/bug that resulted in people saying embarrassing things in guild chat yet?

Have you seen the Golem Mk. II yet? One of my favorites. Also the Fire Shaman, not so frequently done anymore cause it's not on a timer, highly recommended.

Rares are guaranteed. There are extremely rare unique exotics associated with some events found in the physical chest in the world, but you always get a rare (once per day) from the pop-up chest.

I thought the Claw of Jormag was extraordinary the first time I did it too btw. Many have apparently been playing too long or too cynically to be able to relate to that feeling.

Ah OK, I thought you had a chance at a rare or exotic from the reward chest. And yeah, did the Golem MK, I've done most of them now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
big patch made me miss tequatl :(

Also I thought teleport skills don't work when there's no path to begin with?

Zeroth

I felt this deserved some attention. Roughly a year ago, I started doing fractals with GAF (my first fractals ever!), a content that at that point I had only heard about, but felt a bit turned off due to mechanics like Agony and not having access to Ascended equipment.

At first, it was tough doing that kind of content, since it was so different from everything the game had thrown at me until that point. However, having trusty gaffers with me (like Ike, Salad and Rowland, always with me for the early scales and that grew with me both in personal level and skills over time) made it pretty easy, and over a period of like 3 months, we played fractals to increase our personal level and get to the mythical high scale fractals.

We had many hardships, Grawl was a pain even on lower levels until we "got it", and let's not speak of the frustration that was Dredge. Still, our group remained dutiful, and we even recruited many others to our cause, such as Jay, Moondrop and even Miktar, who was burned out of fractals at that point. Each new gaffer added something to our team, and by learning to cooperate, many times without saying a single word, we came to be a force to be reckoned, and to this very day the feats we accomplish on our scale 50 runs surprise me. No fractal ever feels dull, nor do I ever feel like I know all there is to know.

Today's run reminded me of how lucky I am to have a group of dedicated people, willing to help each other and do this content, many times not for the reward (or no reward *cough*) at the end, but for the mere sake of having fun and a good challenge with friends.

It also reminded me that, now that Shizune (a friend whom I met on Reddit some weeks ago and proved to be a great Guardian and fractal partner) and Vezix (a mesmer I met recently but with whom I've run enough fractals to see he's got what it takes and I would like to introduce to our other GAFractalers soon) are part of GAF, we can now, in a dream scenario, form TWO scale 50 parties, each highly talented and skillful to the point they can make scale 50 runs seem like child's play. I'll post a quick draft of what I would love to see in the upcoming fractal content that HoT will unleash:

Party 1:

Zeroth - Guardian
Levyne - Ranger
Moondrop - Warrior
Jay - Elementalist
Rowland - Warrior

Party 2:

Shizune - Guardian
Ike - Warrior
Miktar - Engineer
Salad - Necromancer
Vezix - Mesmer

The beauty of these parties is that they are both perfectly balanced. Each member is capable of bringing their own unique skills to the group and add something no one else can. The supports that Miktar and Moondrop provide are pretty different, yet with Vezix and Jay, each team can complement what the other may lack. It's really a dream scenario for me because it depends on way too many schedules matching up, but I can't deny I would love to see these two parties doing HoT together in the future. It's amazing to think GAF can form two parties that put a lot, and I mean a lot, of people to shame.

To think that, one year later, I would be able to make TWO scale 50 teams out of gaffers is beyond my wildest dream, and I can't express how grateful I am for those who enabled this to happen.

Still, I predict this new content will provide many new challenges for the GAFractalers, some dire stuff that will certainly stress us, enrage us until we figure it out. And yet, we will still come on top of it as usual by the end of the day.

Because, you know, we are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom