• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

If you care about the Personal Story, this is an important post to read.

Some very important thingies:
If your character is currently playing “Against the Corruption,” “Cathedral of Silence,” “Romke’s Final Voyage,” or “The Source of Orr,” you must complete your story steps through the Source of Orr to begin chapter 8. If you do not complete “The Source of Orr” before the Personal Story restoration goes live, you will be advanced to “Victory or Death” upon completion of “The Source of Orr.” “Victory or Death” is the final Personal Story step (and you will miss out on most of chapter 8 with this character). This is due to these steps being moved back into chapter 8 and the successor steps being restored to their original state.

The story step “Victory or Death” and “The Ruined City of Arah (story)” dungeon are being merged and revised to support 1–5 players. The previous version of the Ruined City of Arah (story) dungeon will be retired, and the explorable version will be unlocked by default.

Q: How long do I have to advance my character’s story past “The Source of Orr”?
A: While we haven’t set a release date at this time, we can confirm that you will have at least 8 weeks from the time of this posting to complete “The Source of Orr”, should you want to advance to step 1 of chapter 8, “Temple of the Forgotten God.” Otherwise, as stated above, you may miss out on much of chapter 8 with this character.

Mxrz

Arah story being solo-able would have saved a bit of time waiting on a group, but still glad all nine of my characters are done with it. The personal story is just a mess. Making it shorter was a good thing, I'd thought. I still wonder why they abandoned GW1's mission style in favor of so many (bloated) instances.

Spyware

I'm confused. They're removing Arah story mode?

Yeah. You can only play it once if not invited to a party where someone is doing that last step of the story, just like any other PS step.

We have converted the story mode of “The Ruined City of Arah” dungeon to be a Personal Story step, so after this update goes live, you may only play it once as part of your Personal Story. We are also unlocking the explorable mode of this dungeon by default so access will no longer be gated by story mode completion.

I'm extremely happy about this. I have not finished the PS on any of my 40 characters due to the group requirement. I'll play through it on EVERYONE after these changes <3

Levyne

Banned
I only did Arah Story on a second character to unlock the pvp track, pretty sure none of the rest of my 6 characters are anywhere past claw island, zzz

Quenk

So people are reporting that a few dungeon paths are bugged with the new patch. Hopefully there will be a hotfix out quickly.

Emitan

I only did Arah Story on a second character to unlock the pvp track, pretty sure none of the rest of my 6 characters are anywhere past claw island, zzz

I only did personal story on my thief to get her from mid 70s to 80. I don't think she's joined an order yet.

Minamu

This story thing; the missus and I have only just reached the Straits of Devastation with our characters, how does this affect us?

Wallach

Oh, top of the page... um...

Reminder: We're taking donations to help defray the cost of the guild's Mumble server. Donate here, via Paypal.

I realize I haven't been playing in a while due to work and Borderlands occupying what little free time I had, but I still wanted to donate. Really appreciate you guys keeping that Mumble server up for everyone.

Pffft ha ha ha!

Also I would totally get this for Charr.:p

tXqaThM.png

ciEm8qc.png

This is Data mined? I want that for my Charr..
Edit:Dulfy list them as outfits boooo, i wanted armor sets..

Spyware

No post processing, no voices, ignore the T-pose and it's basically back to normal. I don't see how that's so bad for something that lasts for one day?

Reese-015

No post processing, no voices, ignore the T-pose and it's basically back to normal. I don't see how that's so bad for something that lasts for one day?

Well I love the game's usual post processing and don't like to play without voices. I was just trying to complete Personal Story stuff and like to be immersed in that kinda stuff. Didn't really work with the filtering and the airplane noises and the spread out arms :D.

Moondrop

Banned
Umm in Rata Sum there is
Moto and a portal to SAB "currently offline for upgrading." Isn't this essentially confirmation of the return of SAB?

Retro

Just wanted to say that you guys are fucking awesome. Seven donors today kicked in a total of $107 for Mumble (the biggest donation was $40), which comes to just shy of a full year's worth of service!

<3 GAFGuild.

BraXzy

Just wanted to say that you guys are fucking awesome. Seven donors today kicked in a total of $107 for Mumble (the biggest donation was $40), which comes to just shy of a full year's worth of service!

<3 GAFGuild.

Make it eight! Couldn't throw in much but I'm a student :3

Was nice hopping on for a bit tonight, sorry to all of those who didn't get to be graced by my presence. Maybe next time <3

Levyne

Banned
Make it eight! Couldn't throw in much but I'm a student :3

Was nice hopping on for a bit tonight, sorry to all of those who didn't get to be graced by my presence. Maybe next time <3

that dungeon train was way too short we had to pick up adriaaa when you left, I hope you're happy

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
maybe I am missing something here but I don't get the joke :/

also they're retooling the story back to proper progression? thank goodness

also I got a "you are running out of disk space" message when updating yet I have 90gb free space

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Adriaaa and I solved the CoF1 bug and were charging for runs. Except I was never sent my cut of 1 copper. Just an fyi, scoundrel in the guild.

It's super adorable that posting CoF 1 right now gets you players with less than 1k AP. Because all experienced players are jaded and on reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom