• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent discussion I'd like to point I've moved on from two-handed hammers to a greatsword on my guardian. Definitely more interesting to play and still kills things quickly. Still trying to get better at swapping when things are on cooldown between the two.

And I'm sticking with guardian until at least level 30 or whenever traits become available. From there I'll decide to try out something new or stick to it longer (maybe just go until 80).

I did look through the other race options while considering a new class and I just can't stand how the Charr look. I'll make one to check them out but it'll be grudgingly.

Retro

I did look through the other race options while considering a new class and I just can't stand how the Charr look. I'll make one to check them out but it'll be grudgingly.

Race is entirely cosmetic anyways, go with 5 humans or 5 Asurans or whatever mix you want. There's no rule that says "You have to play a Charr or you're missing out"; aside from an achievement or two for doing their personal story, there's no reason to roll one race or another except looks. And I'm pretty sure you can wrap that achievement up by 30 anyways.

I found a few looks for Charr that I like, but like you it was a bit of an uphill battle and I took a LOT of screenshots of random characters to narrow down what I liked and didn't.

Proven

I still haven't finished going through the S2 episodes so I can't say which is better. I won't say S1 had the best highs, just that it had high impact. S2 hasn't had much impact but has been much better for the game on a day to day basis.

Also, Tournament of Legends S3 coming up. Signups April 24th, NA tournament May 30th. That's the weekend that school ends for me, so I'm wondering if I should try and round up a GAF team for it. Every match is best of three until the finals, and if we win the first round we get a mini llama.

More details here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-third-tournament-of-legends-pvp-tournament/

Ashodin

Season 1 had this "build, build, build, build" until it just kind of all exploded (literally) with Lion's Arch and the Breachmaker, and everything. It feels Season 2 has been kind of (rightfully so I guess to the story) hidden away in Dry Top and Silverwastes. I liked Season 1's world hopping story.

aember

Lv39:
25qF6gc.png
Lv40:
9YVnnVN.png

This might be the most satisfying armor upgrade I've ever had in an mmo. It looks simple, yet at the same time it looks freakin' awesome.

I know I'll end up having the gear replaced soon by better drops, but when I hit the endgame I'll definitely have a set transformed to look like this.

Minamu

With the recent discussion I'd like to point I've moved on from two-handed hammers to a greatsword on my guardian. Definitely more interesting to play and still kills things quickly. Still trying to get better at swapping when things are on cooldown between the two.

And I'm sticking with guardian until at least level 30 or whenever traits become available. From there I'll decide to try out something new or stick to it longer (maybe just go until 80).

Keep in mind that unlocking the traits option doesn't mean you get all traits. It just means that you can finally either buy them with gold and skill points or go hunt them down manually across the world which takes forever unless you have a build already in mind.

Keep in mind that unlocking the traits option doesn't mean you get all traits. It just means that you can finally either buy them with gold and skill points or go hunt them down manually across the world which takes forever unless you have a build already in mind.

It's more just to see the interface and what they're all about. I know I could easily search online but I've been enjoying holding myself back and keeping things fresh for myself by experiencing things as I come across them in the game.

One thing I did unlocked a trait and I had no idea it was going to happen but I'm still too low level to do anything about it. That just made me more curious since I didn't realize stuff in the world could somehow unlock them.

Hello everyone! I've been playing GW2 on and off since launch and enjoy it a lot. I have never cared for an MMO before, and I honestly was surprised to like it so much.

I just read the announcement about the new legendary mechanics and I have a question.

I have been working on making sunrise for years now and I am only missing the map completation. What's gonna happen if I didn't make it in time? Is bad or good to craft it before the update? Any advices will be appreciated.

spiritfox

Hello everyone! I've been playing GW2 on and off since launch and enjoy it a lot. I have never cared for an MMO before, and I honestly was surprised to like it so much.

I just read the announcement about the new legendary mechanics and I have a question.

I have been working on making sunrise for years now and I am only missing the map completation. What's gonna happen if I didn't make it in time? Is bad or good to craft it before the update? Any advices will be appreciated.

The process of creating a Legendary will not change, and they have promised that before. The expansion will only add precursor hunting.

The process of creating a Legendary will not change, and they have promised that before. The expansion will only add precursor hunting.

But what about the skin tier thing? Will my now non account bound dawn become account bound? What skin tier will I have?

By the way, is the expansion going to be paid or free?

aember

Noisy Ninja showed me around some awesome jumping puzzles, a mini-dungeon and some awesome scenery. I've said this before and I'll say it again - I love this game more and more!

Also discovered that the Guardian shield works with a staff, which looks freakin' awesome.

If you're running with an experienced and properly geared group you won't see most of the actual boss mechanics because they die too fast, especially in AC >_> With new people I explain the whole thing because it's good to know how things work instead of just mindlessly facerolling, and we'll probably see most of the mechanics since we have less DPS than normal, but I guess 3/5 experienced is enough to still be pretty fast

But what about the skin tier thing? Will my now non account bound dawn become account bound? What skin tier will I have?

By the way, is the expansion going to be paid or free?

No. Only the new legendaries will be non-account bound. Your dawn is a dawn, I don't think you need to worry about that.

the skin tier thing is for crafting purchases. You have your dawn already so that does not apply to you. but people who want to craft their dawn will go through the skin-tiers. That's the way I understood it.

It is unthinkable that ArenaNet would strain people into "hurrying" with something so vast and time consuming as the legendary grind. It's simply doxing people into playing unhealthy amount of hours to "make it in time" so I don't think you need to worry. :)

aember

If you're running with an experienced and properly geared group you won't see most of the actual boss mechanics because they die too fast, especially in AC >_> With new people I explain the whole thing because it's good to know how things work instead of just mindlessly facerolling, and we'll probably see most of the mechanics since we have less DPS than normal, but I guess 3/5 experienced is enough to still be pretty fast
It's still fun though! I -surprisingly- still remember a good chunk of the info you wrote last night, which is pretty useful I'd say.

Proven

We don't even have a release date for Heart of Thorns though... Some kind of summer update incoming to tide us over? The re-re-return to Southsun Cove?

No. Only the new legendaries will be non-account bound. Your dawn is a dawn, I don't think you need to worry about that.

... Snip

Thank you! I've been working on this legendary for years now and I was honestly worried about it going to waste.

Do you know if the expansion is going to be paid? If so how much do you guess it will cost?

Thank you! I've been working on this legendary for years now and I was honestly worried about it going to waste.

Do you know if the expansion is going to be paid? If so how much do you guess it will cost?

I suspect 50 dollars. Perhaps 60.

It's going to be 2,5-3 years since the original game, they are going to justify it as a full valued product. They've made a big deal about the new land mass being not as big as the base game gw2, but it will be layered (like a layercake) and every area will have more replay value and variety of things going on to make it a more worthwhile experience.

If it hits at this price point I think they will include 1 or 2 new character slots for your account.

If it costs 40 USD, I think there won't be any added.

Most likely paid, no idea on the cost yet.

Snip.. .

Eww, I guess I got used to the free content updates with the living world and whatnot, but I guess Anet (Ncsoft) needs to make some profit too.

So how will the expansion owners and non owners interact? Will there be hidden areas and activities in the main map? The new legendaries and classes will be exclusive? Or is it just the story and cosmetics that are exclusives?

I know it may appears as stupid but GW2 is the only MMO I've ever played,so I honestly have no idea how it's going to be.

Zeroth

Eww, I guess I got used to the free content updates with the living world and whatnot, but I guess Anet (Ncsoft) needs to make some profit too.

So how will the expansion owners and non owners interact? Will there be hidden areas and activities in the main map? The new legendaries and classes will be exclusive? Or is it just the story and cosmetics that are exclusives?

I know it may appears as stupid but GW2 is the only MMO I've ever played,so I honestly have no idea how it's going to be.

It's pretty normal for expansions to be charged, since they add a considerable amount of content in a single package.

In regards to that, the game will work normally, the only exception is that expansion owners will have access to some maps and content that non-expansion players will not. Think of the expansion as a way to unlock more features, not as a separate game.

It's pretty normal for expansions to be charged, since they add a considerable amount of content in a single package.

In regards to that, the game will work normally, the only exception is that expansion owners will have access to some maps and content that non-expansion players will not. Think of the expansion as a way to unlock more features, not as a separate game.

I see! Well, as long as it doesn't create a big gap or pressure us to buy than it's all good... I'm saying this now but I'm sure I'm gonna end up buying it at some point too. I certainly got worth my money with GW2!

Thanks everyone for the replies, much appreciated :)

Retro

I highly doubt it will go that high. Prophecies, Nightfall and Factions all went for $50, but they were also standalone games. EotN was the only "true" Guild Wars expansion and that retailed at $40. For the sake of comparison, WoW's expansions were all $40 until the latest one, which they bumped up to $50 (and there was a bit of a fuss made about that).

WARNING: Total speculation:
GW2's price point and B2P model is something they can use to really stand apart, so while I think it will probably retail for $40, I wouldn't be shocked if they throw a fast one and price it lower just to be ultra-competitive. I also think it will include the base game for free so there's no confusion. If you have the game already, you get a character slot instead (since they're about $10, which is what they're selling the game for lately).

I'm not sure if we'll see any Deluxe or Collector's editions, or what they might even put in them, but I would be shocked if the base expansion is more than $50.

Tech-Wolf

Not like anyone will realized that I'm gone since I barely post in this thread, but I'm leaving for Tokyo for 2 week starting tomorrow. I still don't know what to brought back home from there. So if any one have a suggestion, I would gladly love it.

Zeroth

Not like anyone will realized that I'm gone since I barely post in this thread, but I'm leaving for Tokyo for 2 week starting tomorrow. I still don't know what to brought back home from there. So if any one have a suggestion, I would gladly love it.

Sushi.

Kidding, have a safe trip Tech, I'm sure some of the fluent gaffers here have plenty of suggestions of places and things to see

spiritfox

A waifu of course.

Ayumi

Hi! I'm back. Time to give this game a second try. Last time I didn't have enough time but now I want to play GW2 at least until FFXIV is released for Mac in June. I'm still in the GAF guild, it seems.

I'll try to look stuff up and not ask too many questions in here.. ; w ;

I live there so hopefully my opinion matters a bit.. maybe buy some game related items/merchandise? Or something you can't get your hands on/is more expensive wherever you live.

I'll try to look stuff up and not ask too many questions in here.. ; w ;

Nothing wrong with asking questions, but there is a good list in the first post of the OT with a lot of great info that you might find useful. Feel free to ask in guild chat too, for a bit more real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom