• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were somehow taking off defiance stacks from Lupi the last few times we fought him, and I think this might be why: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2n905i/gw2_paralyzation_sigil_bug/ I have that sigil in my offhand pistol and I sometimes use s/p 3 to evade through the grub/kick if I don't have any dodges left.

Will have to experiment with it a little more to see if that's still how it works, but kind of interesting to see how CC is calculated :eek:

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I highly doubt it as I bought them piecemeal one-by-one slowly across the past month or so. I don't think I even want to check to see how much gold I wasted.

Still worth a try. I had bought two of the same backpack skins shortly before I stopped playing. A year later I start playing again and see that they had introduced the Wardrobe. The skins were still in my mailbox so I was annoyed. Filed a ticket and they refunded my gems - and I had even bought them via gold to gem conversion.

Xanathus

Still worth a try. I had bought two of the same backpack skins shortly before I stopped playing. A year later I start playing again and see that they had introduced the Wardrobe. The skins were still in my mailbox so I was annoyed. Filed a ticket and they refunded my gems - and I had even bought them via gold to gem conversion.

Seems like I'd save 20% of the cost on getting it refunded, but I'm nearly done with most of the story quests and would rather not have to re-do them and it seems like a big problem for them to refund something like this. I think I'll just take the loss, it's only (sigh) 20% cheaper.

Spyware

Seems like I'd save 20% of the cost on getting it refunded, but I'm nearly done with most of the story quests and would rather not have to re-do them and it seems like a big problem for them to refund something like this. I think I'll just take the loss, it's only (sigh) 20% cheaper.
The only refund I've gotten is due to the Wardrobe system (where anyone with any sort of duplicate purchase got gems back for those) so I don't have much experience with this, but I don't see why you would have to re-do them?
If you tell them you just recently bought all parts and would have waited for this pack if you had known, the logical thing they would do is just refund you the difference in gems. Not remove the episodes, give you the gems and let you buy it again. It's worth a try to send a simple ticket in. Not much different from telling us about it you know ;) The worst they can say is no and nothing changes, the best that can happen is that you get some extra gems. Yay?

yukinon

grats on the fire
thanks brah!

Congrats!! Incinerator club :d
yayy!

best club :d

You do know that the recipe he is using is guaranteed to give the Legendary? Therefore he would only have to take the screenshot once.

lol

f'real though, i took around 10 screenshots fanboying with friends

I highly doubt it as I bought them piecemeal one-by-one slowly across the past month or so. I don't think I even want to check to see how much gold I wasted.

still, i think you should give it a shot!
their customer service is very friendly

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys, could I get reinvited to the guild? I think I was kicked out because I had 100+ days of inactivity, but stuff around for me has calmed down so I should be able to be fairly active!

# is aember.3942

bonus points for finding a GAFer?
Somebody got you added back yet?

nan0

Can I get an invite for the guild? My ID is nano.6435 and I'm on Riverside (EU).

Btw, is there any reason not to immediately use bonus items for luck, karma, exp etc.?

Minamu

Can I get an invite for the guild? My ID is nano.6435 and I'm on Riverside (EU).

Btw, is there any reason not to immediately use bonus items for luck, karma, exp etc.?
Luck is account bound so feel free to use them as you see fit. Same with karma really. Luck can be combined into bigger batches for less mouse clicks but it's far from necessary. You might want to save your exp boosts (if you're talking about the items you get from doing the daily quests) and use them on a new character for an easier time leveling up, but you could just as well pop them on your main character right away. There's no drawback to it either way. If you're talking about actual karma and exp boosters which are special items you activate, these are probably better to use later when events already give higher base karma and exp (although exp scales with your level anyway). Karma boosters in particular could be saved for the end game when you might want to go grind karma in the more difficult maps.

Invite sent.

Open guild panel and press represent if you want to see guild chat.

Since you are in an EU server you won't be able to play with us just chat.

If you want to do that you can transfer over to an NA server, many EU people have done it and they do not have any lag issues.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I did Sorrow's Embrace path 2 for the first time today. No wonder people don't run it - there's nowhere to stack. ^_^

aember

Somebody got you added back yet?
Oh as it's been mentioned above I was invited. Sorry, forgot to edit the post!

If you want to do that you can transfer over to an NA server, many EU people have done it and they do not have any lag issues.
Can confirm, Eastern Europe sitting on the NA GAF server. I average ~140-200 ping, but other than a couple jumpy people it feels like playing a single player game - no delays whatsoever.

Not that you'd be waiting for me, but seems like someone ran thier moose into the cable box outside so no internet for me.

Good luck with Karka Rush.

We need a guild Arah P4 event soon. There's a lot more people missing completion of that path than I had thought. It's got some good boss fights and a nice bit of challenge to it too.

What if we did something where we got a bunch of parties in Arah at the same time, all in the same Mumble channel, and everyone went through at the same pace? It would be fun to hear what sort of adventures and mishaps were going on in each of the parallel universes. (We'd also be able to help explain everything to a bunch of people at once.)

I just want more guild stuff to happen in general to be honest.

More people need to install SSDs. In sPVP it's Team [my name] like 90% of the time. The first person to load into the map is given the team name (excluding guild names).

My guardian at level 18 passed my engineer at 17. Definitely like it more than the engineer yet at the same time with a two-handed hammer I don't feel I use many abilities and mostly just rely on 1 and 2 for most fights.

I'm still tempted to bounce to another class to see what I think but at the same time I should probably get at least one class a bit higher to see what stuff becomes available at higher levels (mainly traits?).

Definitely really enjoying the game. I bought the second season pack last night so now I just need to stick to a character and hit level 80.

Retro

My guardian at level 18 passed my engineer at 17. Definitely like it more than the engineer yet at the same time with a two-handed hammer I don't feel I use many abilities and mostly just rely on 1 and 2 for most fights.

I'm still tempted to bounce to another class to see what I think but at the same time I should probably get at least one class a bit higher to see what stuff becomes available at higher levels (mainly traits?).

Definitely really enjoying the game. I bought the second season pack last night so now I just need to stick to a character and hit level 80.

Try to think of your weapon choices as sub-classes.

Guardian Hammer is a control weapon, so against your general open world enemies it's going to feel a little off. However, Zealot's Embrace (#3) is a ranged, straight-line immobilize (up to 5 targets, so good for pinching a clump of enemies in a choke point), Banish (#4) is a great knockback (not to mention satisfying as all hell) and Ring of Warding (#5) can be used for both defense (keeps enemies out of the ring) or control (keeps enemies inside the ring). Your auto-attack also generates AOE protection on the third hit. The end result is that It's useful as hell in dungeons and such, but not especially great for just wandering around leveling. For general PVE, Greatsword and Sword / Focus are pretty good (sword / torch is pretty good too). Staff is support-oriented but has some nice skills for roaming around leveling too.

If you want to see what a class has to offer in the long term, head to the Heart of the Mists; you're kicked up to 80, have access to all skills / traits / runes / sigils / weapons. There's some training golems to beat on, they should really toss some more stuff in there to beat up on.

Try to think of your weapon choices as sub-classes.

Guardian Hammer is a control weapon, so against your general open world enemies it's going to feel a little off. However, Zealot's Embrace (#3) is a ranged, straight-line immobilize (up to 5 targets, so good for pinching a clump of enemies in a choke point), Banish (#4) is a great knockback (not to mention satisfying as all hell) and Ring of Warding (#5) can be used for both defense (keeps enemies out of the ring) or control (keeps enemies inside the ring). Your auto-attack also generates AOE protection on the third hit. The end result is that It's useful as hell in dungeons and such, but not especially great for just wandering around leveling. For general PVE, Greatsword and Sword / Focus are pretty good (sword / torch is pretty good too). Staff is support-oriented but has some nice skills for roaming around leveling too.

If you want to see what a class has to offer in the long term, head to the Heart of the Mists; you're kicked up to 80, have access to all skills / traits / runes / sigils / weapons. There's some training golems to beat on, they should really toss some more stuff in there to beat up on.
I've thought of checking out the instant 80 area but I also like the rollout of stuff with each level (even if some are a little silly and come after I found something on my own).

I think I just like the two-handed hammer because it's currently the weapon I have with the most damage on it. So enemies often die more quickly to it than using some of the other weapons I have sitting around. I'll check swords out again, though. I used them for a little bit but the hammer simply out damaged them once I got the one I'm using.

TrounceX

I've thought of checking out the instant 80 area but I also like the rollout of stuff with each level (even if some are a little silly and come after I found something on my own).

I think I just like the two-handed hammer because it's currently the weapon I have with the most damage on it. So enemies often die more quickly to it than using some of the other weapons I have sitting around. I'll check swords out again, though. I used them for a little bit but the hammer simply out damaged them once I got the one I'm using.

Fwiw the entire game clicked for me the second I equipped a greatsword onto my Guardian. Before that I messed around with many different weapon combos (as well as professions) but nothing was really working.

The GS just has such a great flow to it and the 3 + 5 + 4 + 2 combo never gets old. I think it's by far the best Guardian PvE weapon. (hammer is king in WvW though).

spiritfox

Hammer's attack chain is higher DPS than GS's though. Hammer/GS is pretty popular for dungeons, using Hammer for standard attacks and Blasting and swapping to GS when 2 is off CD.

Ashodin

Fwiw the entire game clicked for me the second I equipped a greatsword onto my Guardian. Before that I messed around with many different weapon combos (as well as professions) but nothing was really working.

The GS just has such a great flow to it and the 3 + 5 + 4 + 2 combo never gets old. I think it's by far the best Guardian PvE weapon. (hammer is king in WvW though).

Why would you use 5 before 4 son, you need dem combos

The big thing with hammer is simply the fact that it drops PBAoE fields that give proection with the autoattack. It's really good. I"ll usually use greatsword and hammer in pve.

Zeroth

Hammer's attack chain is higher DPS than GS's though. Hammer/GS is pretty popular for dungeons, using Hammer for standard attacks and Blasting and swapping to GS when 2 is off CD.

Higher DPS with vulnerability on symbols and stuff, but it depends on keeping a lightfield on all the time. Optimized parties drop it in favor of GS because it doesn't have the light fields and there are other classes to blast stuff.

Higher DPS with vulnerability on symbols and stuff, but it depends on keeping a lightfield on all the time. Optimized parties drop it in favor of GS because it doesn't have the light fields and there are other classes to blast stuff.
With all this guardian DPS talk is it worth using the ghost hammer or sword abilities? I can't figure out why to use the hammer one since it lasts for less time and does less damage per swing. Does it Attack much more often? I toyed with the ghost sword as the numbers looked much better but then shelved it for the Passover (since I only have a couple slots to place things right now).

Those passives seem much better than any of the currently available options.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What is Arah?
baby don't hurt me
With all this guardian DPS talk is it worth using the ghost hammer or sword abilities? I can't figure out why to use the hammer one since it lasts for less time and does less damage per swing. Does it Attack much more often? I toyed with the ghost sword as the numbers looked much better but then shelved it for the Passover (since I only have a couple slots to place things right now).

I use both simultaneously in a gimmick build but for the most part as I understand it the spirit weapons aren't generally optimal on the whole. I usually see shouts and consecrations, depending on context.

Zeroth

Spirit Sword is decent, but the other options are usually much better. It's iffy because of the AI, which can mess up organized dungeon runs, so people usually avoid it. I think in overworld it's more fluid

Meditations and consecrations tend to bet your best bets, especially as you get more traits together. Wall of reflection, signet of judgement, and hold the line are solid.

I do the same combo. Jump to one of the enemies with 3, pull the others with 5, place symbol under them with 4 then use 2. Am i doing it wrong?
If you do 5 before 4, you can remove conditions off yourself and do more damage after pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom