• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

ScOULaris

So is Dizzy currently the only paid DLC character that doesn't come with Revelator? Raven and Kum were made available as free downloads, right?

Pompadour

So is Dizzy currently the only paid DLC character that doesn't come with Revelator? Raven and Kum were made available as free downloads, right?

They were all free downloads at one point but no longer are (but you can unlock Raven in-game, anyway). So I'm not sure if Rev 2 is going to include these characters automatically or not. Typically, DLC characters are added to the next expansion automatically so that might still be the case here.

They could differentiate the disc version and upgrade DLC by including all DLC on the disc, as well.

ScOULaris

They were all free downloads at one point but no longer are (but you can unlock Raven in-game, anyway). So I'm not sure if Rev 2 is going to include these characters automatically or not. Typically, DLC characters are added to the next expansion automatically so that might still be the case here.

They could differentiate the disc version and upgrade DLC by including all DLC on the disc, as well.

Aw, that sucks. I just got the game for $20 on Amazon, so I'll put some time into before deciding weather or not I'll buy the DLC.

I might just wait for the Rev 2 DLC to get everything at once.

Pompadour

Can't you unlock them all with in game currency? Could sworn you can

Raven is unlockable through paying in-game currency or fishing (which is spending in-game currency for random items). Kum and Dizzy were free for the first week of their release but now are $8, I think. Unless they added them to the in-game store as part of an update, you have to pay real money for them.

I don't think this is a safe bet. The DLC was officially announced at 2000 yen (<$20 USD), and the game is available for $20 right now, temporarily through Amazon. We can probably agree that a full disc release is at least $40, but there is always a chance of it being more. When jumping on it now can also get you familiar with the game earlier, and potentially give you access to a pool of more new players early on to learn with (or, potentially the same pool of new players to play with when the DLC drops if you just wait and play around with the solo content until then), what's the disadvantage of jumping on it now?

I did this calculus assuming it was going to be $40, and I decided to buy it even though it might be more expensive now for the reasons you cite - I'd like to start learning the game now so I'm not entering cold when the disc is released in the summer or whenever.

Basically its the same decision as buying a game at launch vs. waiting a few months for it to drop $10, except in this case there's the risk the disc will be $50 and not $40 and the DLC will be $15 not $20. If you wait its also going to be what, like six months? For maybe ten bucks?

Slaythe

I have the japanese version anyway, so since they decided to lock english away from this release, I'll probably end up buying english Rev2.

I'm a fanboy.

I did this calculus assuming it was going to be $40, and I decided to buy it even though it might be more expensive now for the reasons you cite - I'd like to start learning the game now so I'm not entering cold when the disc is released in the summer or whenever.

Basically its the same decision as buying a game at launch vs. waiting a few months for it to drop $10, except in this case there's the risk the disc will be $50 and not $40 and the DLC will be $15 not $20. If you wait its also going to be what, like six months? For maybe ten bucks?

You made the correct decision in my book.

Not only for the reasons you stated, but also it allows you to see if you'll even like it. If it's not for you then you're out less money anyways. If you play it and dig it you'll probably not be sweating the 10 bucks in a couple months. The more you put into fighting games the less you approach them as a bargain shopper lol

I have the japanese version anyway, so since they decided to lock english away from this release, I'll probably end up buying english Rev2.

I'm a fanboy.

Same man. I bought the PS3 version digitally for Sign then PS4 physical at launch just so I wouldn't have to wait lol

I've purchased Revelator 3 times now(steam and PS4 physical and digital) and bought the batch color DLC on PS4.

I'll probably buy a physical version of Rev 2 just to have it.

You made the correct decision in my book.

Not only for the reasons you stated, but also it allows you to see if you'll even like it. If it's not for you then you're out less money anyways. If you play it and dig it you'll probably not be sweating the 10 bucks in a couple months. The more you put into fighting games the less you approach them as a bargain shopper lol

Yeah. Waiting a while for a price drop on a fighting game means you get in when most of the casuals/beginners (like me lol) have disappeared and then its harder to get into and have fun. Its the one genre I wouldn't mind paying day one prices for because its worth the extra money for more experience against other less experienced players. Then by the time the community slows a bit and only the hardcore remain hopefully you've improved enough to hang.

That's my theory anyway - I haven't actually bought a fighting game in its first month or two. Thinking I'll do it with Tekken 7 and/or Injustice 2.

Patch notes out for loketest tomorrow(today)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S1IDtZTciRAlKxtGlEH5VUuqzMwUGTxNjz08wWXe0T8/preview

Summary:

received_732754710207488.png

Slaythe

Ky Kiske
-6H changed to a new move.
-If 5D is YRC'd before the hitbox manifests, the projectile will still appear.

Looks like there's the chance I'm getting my useless yet so cool looking move back.

Naite

Slayer
-Changed the timing of when 2S’s hitbox changes. Hitbox improved during active frames.
-The next special move performed for a certain time after landing command grab will always be a counter hit.

I hope that means a wider hitbox. So sick of whiffing 2P>2S because I'm not sitting at point blank range.

Not feeling the command grab change, but then again I only use it for fake bite loops online til my opponent breaks free or gets dizzy

Slaythe

Not liking the sound of making her take more damage, either.

Already suspicious of this. Didn't need to be changed, and I expect to get something worse instead.

I think they're giving him this back :

GGAC_Ky_6H.png

Which I'm perfectly fine with if they update it some.

Hazzuh

Millia Rage
-jH changed to a new move.
-Input reception buffer on roll followups increased
-Digitalis startup faster, untech time increased
-S pin motion and untech time changed
-H pin added, motion is j214H
-Bad Moon gains additional properties when done above a certain height
-Secret garden hitbox appears later.
-Chroming roses disappear on hit.

Depending on how the new jH works Millia could be buffed, woohoo!

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with this. I downloaded Dizzy back when she was a free download but now that I bought the game and went to download her it doesn't let me. She appears with the $7.99 price yet on my account history it clearly says that I did got her once she was free and I even have the email from back then.

Slaythe

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with this. I downloaded Dizzy back when she was a free download but now that I bought the game and went to download her it doesn't let me. She appears with the $7.99 price yet on my account history it clearly says that I did got her once she was free and I even have the email from back then.

Just download her from the store DL history then.

Hubb

It is suppose to give you both versions. This may sound obvious, but have you tried selecting Dizzy in the game? If you are entitled to it your PS4 may have automatically downloaded it. It is a very small file.

The PS4 is weird, or at least different. Some DLC you buy when you go to the download list doesn't even give you the option to download it to the PS4. Like here is a part of my download list, I can download the stuff to my PS3 but not my PS4. Even though it won't let me select the option, the stuff is still accessible on my PS4.

It is suppose to give you both versions. This may sound obvious, but have you tried selecting Dizzy in the game? If you are entitled to it your PS4 may have automatically downloaded it. It is a very small file.

Already checked in the game and she's not there. I heard that when she was first released there was a glitch with her download so maybe this is part of the glitch?

Check the add-ons for the game on your ps4 menu.

Also try to access download list directly from ps4.
Already tried that and it just takes me to the store page with the $7.99 price tag.

Hubb

Already checked in the game and she's not there. I heard that when she was first released there was a glitch with her download so maybe this is part of the glitch?

It is possible, I never had an issue and I don't remember what happened around her release. Might want to search through this thread to see if anyone had a similar issue.

Caim

There's a lot of stuff on twitter buts almost all Japanese. Apparently Bedman's new move is an advancing two punch attack similar to Ryu's Forward HP (Solar Plexus Strike) from SFV.

Slaythe

Already tried that and it just takes me to the store page with the $7.99 price tag.

What happens if you click on the price tag ?

Korigama

I had the same problem of her (Raven and Haehyun as well, IIRC) showing up with a price tag when I first got my PS4. It resolved itself within about a half hour or so after I checked my library.

I had the same problem of her (Raven and Haehyun as well, IIRC) showing up with a price tag when I first got my PS4. It resolved itself within about a half hour or so after I checked my library.

Hopefully mine will get fixed as well since I'm having some friends come over Saturday to play and I would like to have her along with Raven.

Korigama

Hopefully mine will get fixed as well since I'm having some friends come over Saturday to play and I would like to have her along with Raven.
I may have checked again after installing the game as well. That may be something else leading to DLC not installing after it should be available.

joekusa

Have the same problem on the last Blazblue, an hour after it was fixed. Try later, after relaunch the console and check in your DLC content on the game dashboard page

Top Bottom