• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Videoneon

Still new to this game but I get "online-Sol'd" every so often. Can anyone just double check this for me, please?

Riot Stomp, if you don't hit them out of it, you can just block all hits while standing right? And if you do decide to hit a Sol out, just use a projectile/decently ranged normal?

Raw Grand Viper is super terrible right? I get the impression that it actually takes longer than it may seem for the hit animations to come out, but I never know when it is. Maybe, right as Sol leaves the ground? There have been times when they use it maybe mid range to me and I try to hit them out and I get it wrong.

k_hop

Anyone around for games with an east coaster? PSN is qial. I might try and brush up on my super terrible Ky so brace yourself for my scrub-hood

Rhapsody

Banned
Still new to this game but I get "online-Sol'd" every so often. Can anyone just double check this for me, please?

Riot Stomp, if you don't hit them out of it, you can just block all hits while standing right? And if you do decide to hit a Sol out, just use a projectile/decently ranged normal?

Raw Grand Viper is super terrible right? I get the impression that it actually takes longer than it may seem for the hit animations to come out, but I never know when it is. Maybe, right as Sol leaves the ground? There have been times when they use it maybe mid range to me and I try to hit them out and I get it wrong.

Might be screen dependent, but I think a good amount of characters can crouch and make Riot Stamp whiff. But generally, just go for a 6P with your character since you'll have upper body invul (except for Elphelt). If you end up blocking it, he actually has advantage, so you'll want to hit him out of it before then.

And yeah, raw Grand Viper is pretty bad when it's used randomly (it's useful when the player knows what moves to beat out with it). Just punish it after blocking all the hits. Punishing it during might be a bit too difficult and risky online.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Might be screen dependent, but I think a good amount of characters can crouch and make Riot Stamp whiff. But generally, just go for a 6P with your character since you'll have upper body invul (except for Elphelt). If you end up blocking it, he actually has advantage, so you'll want to hit him out of it before then.

And yeah, raw Grand Viper is pretty bad when it's used randomly (it's useful when the player knows what moves to beat out with it). Just punish it after blocking all the hits. Punishing it during might be a bit too difficult and risky online.

The worst part about grand viper is that you can burst it mid hit, make sol dodge the burst, land before he does and punish his ass hard.

Skilletor

As a Chipp player, I say this from the bottom of my heart where hatred and rage dwell, make babies, and spawn fury and loathing:

Fuck Leo's Upper.

Skilletor

just bait it, it's a flash kick

Yes, well, obviously. :p

I just hate how much risk I'm at with Chipp vs. Leo, since I can't mix up the direction with teles or crossups at all. Leo doesn't have to guess where I'll be like everybody else. Down is down.

mostly, I just hate how much damage I take from it. I have to play really, really, really stupid against Leo.

I hate this damage system so much. Always have. Always will.

NEO0MJ

Mbrill82

Man I wanna get this game. I've been a fan of Guilty Gear since the first one came out in the US on PSX, I've never been huge into it because the complexity was a little beyond my skill level but I've always enjoyed playing it casually and LOVED the art.

The thing is I don't like playing fighting games on anything but arcade sticks and I don't own a PS4 stick yet. I just can't quite bring myself to buy a PS4 stick for only this game, although I know I'll get one eventually when other games start coming out. I also really don't wanna get it on PS3 even though I have a great PS3 stick that I love, I just don't want to play an inferior version if a better version is available.

He's a console character, so he won't be as well explored as the characters who debuted in the arcade version. Still, you can check these links out.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sin_Kiske_(GGXRD)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forum/306-sin-kiske/

http://keeponrock.in/match/index/page/1/character1/si/#content

<3 Thanks <3
The video links are great, now maybe I can learn some neutral game stuff instead of just jumping around hitting S hoping to land one.

K.Sabot

People still play on wireless after 9 years of the console
failfish.png

edit: I just returned to room from a match and it kicked the other guy off the setup hah.

Nyoro SF

failfish.png

edit: I just returned to room from a match and it kicked the other guy off the setup hah.

I just chalk it up to ignorance, I highly doubt these people know.

Even today, people are surprised when I tell them that wired is much better than wireless for latency.

Prototype

I hook up Internet for a living and the general public, regardless of age, is incredibly ignorant about the Internet,and how it works. Not to mention routers and modems.

hypernima

Banned
failfish.png

Can't afford to get a lengthy hook up to my room, in all of the houses I've been in.
It's not really easy for most.

This is why I wanted to play some Gaffers first. Went online and got completely destroyed by some Ky.

Seems blocking doesn't work.

Videoneon

ty

I should not be stressing about this as much when I play Chipp but I am still going for ridiculous things as I start out. There are times when I'm like "hell yes I could run under him and then crouch/I can do all sorts of shit to beat Riot Stamp" and then I get hit. At least I never really helpless in a match or even after I get stomped online

Azure J

I just found out that standing moves are air unblockable in Guilty Gear. Don't ask me how this is knowledge that is just coming to realization now.

Also fuck Riot Stomp. No move in any fighting game ever should be so stupid.

rookiejet

Depending on your electrical wiring, Powerline may actually be worse than wireless. Also, a lot of people don't have problems with wireless (your connection to me, Onemic, is one of the best I've had; only one other person ever did I manage a 1f connection to). More often than not the problem is due to port routing and not having UPNP enabled (perhaps it's that some routers default to a less strict NAT for Ethernet is why it seems to "fix" connection problems for people).

Uraizen

Banned
Depending on your electrical wiring, Powerline may actually be worse than wireless. Also, a lot of people don't have problems with wireless (your connection to me, Onemic, is one of the best I've had; only one other person ever did I manage a 1f connection to). More often than not the problem is due to port routing and not having UPNP enabled (perhaps it's that some routers default to a less strict NAT for Ethernet is why it seems to "fix" connection problems for people).

Valid concern, but unlikely.

Sayad

I just found out that standing moves are air unblockable in Guilty Gear. Don't ask me how this is knowledge that is just coming to realization now.

You can block them with Faultless Defense, basically, whenever you want to block while in the air, use FD.

Riot Stomp can be AAed by 6P(unless you're using Al) and it's easy to Blitz Shield, some characters can just crouch(without blocking) under it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Just 6P Riot Stomp for free.

My nickname for that move is the plain as day kick

Papstr

Neo Member

6P 6P 6P. I don't think there's a single 6P that RS would beat. If a Sol is doing it full screen, react with 6P and punish it hard. Heck you could probably beat it with j.P and all kinds of weird stuff. it loses to A LOT.

If he's doing it when his back is to the corner and you're in his face, then that's just a practical time for him to do it.

Azure J

Just 6P Riot Stomp for free.

My nickname for that move is the plain as day kick

Well yeah, I've gone into the lab and found the 2P answer already (but I'll take this new 6P tech as well), my issue is with dealing with wake up Riot Stomps.

Honestly, I think I just respect too much stuff in this game. Same problems I had with early Marvel are coming back again here. :lol

Rhapsody

Banned
I think the only thing I loved Riot Stamp for was in AC where you could FRC it for dumb surprise grabs or flashy sidewinders lol
Well yeah, I've gone into the lab and found the 2P answer already (but I'll take this new 6P tech as well), my issue is with dealing with wake up Riot Stomps.

Honestly, I think I just respect too much stuff in this game. Same problems I had with early Marvel are coming back again here. :lol

You use Ram and Ky, right? You shouldn't worry about their wakeup game with those characters.

Top Bottom