• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

addyb

Sod it I think I'm gonna import a hori v4 in a couple of weeks. It's my birthday in 4 weeks anyway so may as well use what birthday cash I get. Could buy one now but would rather leave it incase I get any unexpected bills. I am quite happy with the DS4 but I loved using a stick for SFIV. It was my first time outside of playing it in an arcade. Some more fighters on the way as well and I'll be able to use it for mame on my laptop :)

Grifter

Couples guys have said there's cross-save between the PS4/PS3 versions. Has anyone made that work? I'm trying to sync up my PS4 copy.

MoxManiac

No real converters that I know of that don't require you constantly having it connected to a computer or is just a general pain in the ass.

Best thing would be to get your stick dual modded for both.

http://gummods.com/

This man offers reasonable modding services. But probably will cost you around $140, so it's just up to you if it's worth it. I did it for my stick and I haven't looked back. Works beautifully.

Thanks. But for that kind of price, I'd rather just wait and buy a madcatz TE that supports PS4 out of the box.

addyb

I'm all on my own online. Being a uk guy. Anyone up for a few matches? I'm easy pickings just need some practice with faust.

Essay

Couples guys have said there's cross-save between the PS4/PS3 versions. Has anyone made that work? I'm trying to sync up my PS4 copy.

Works for me. Log into PSN, boot up your PS3 version, go to Game Settings and then you'll see an option for Uploading your Save Data or something similar. Just select that, wait a second, then boot up your PS4 version and select the option underneath the previous one about Downloading your Save Data. It works in reverse too, without issue for me between HK and NA versions.

Interesting note, on my HK version, I unlocked Sin via the download key and finished his challenge mode trials before importing my save to the US version. Since the DLC is not cross-compatible between regions, Sin's trials were not unlocked and didn't add to my completed challenges count, but once I purchased him for the 200,000 World Dollars, it remembered that I had finished all his trials.

EDIT: Also, be advised that your R-Code online record will not update in this way. You must log into Network Mode for that to update.

addyb

Jeez just got taken apart by a militia rage player. Just hammered me in the corner and couldn't do anything. Lol.

Grifter

Think I'll drop Slayer and work on Elph for a while.

In the options there's a spot to upload and download your save to a server.

Works for me. Log into PSN, boot up your PS3 version, go to Game Settings and then you'll see an option for Uploading your Save Data or something similar. Just select that, wait a second, then boot up your PS4 version and select the option underneath the previous one about Downloading your Save Data. It works in reverse too, without issue for me between HK and NA versions.

Got it, thanks. I saw that and assumed it was just handling the PS cloud save. Didn't think it was a separate manual function or that they had their own infrastructure.

Speaking of the R-Code, can you edit stuff in there like previous Arc games? I haven't found the option.

On a related note, the GG stick's no longer listed on MadCatz's site. Was hoping to order one.

El Sabroso

you are right, I'm glad I preordered when there was a chance, haven't tested yet until it comes to me from where it arrived

I'm having a lot of touble with the tutorial with Sol Badguy where you have to do volcanic viper into some kind of kick?

I don't know, I keep thinking I'm doing it right and then I get one in and I can't figure out what I did to do it right. :/

Maybe I'm just to slow for these kinds of games. ;_; Damn you arthritis robbing me of enjoyment.

Papstr

Neo Member
I'm having a lot of touble with the tutorial with Sol Badguy where you have to do volcanic viper into some kind of kick?

I don't know, I keep thinking I'm doing it right and then I get one in and I can't figure out what I did to do it right. :/

Maybe I'm just to slow for these kinds of games. ;_; Damn you arthritis robbing me of enjoyment.

The window for it is pretty generous in Xrd. After you input volcanic viper do the input for the kick immediately. Usually makes it come out as soon as possible. Seems to have a big buffer window or something.

The window for it is pretty generous in Xrd. After you input volcanic viper do the input for the kick immediately. Usually makes it come out as soon as possible. Seems to have a big buffer window or something.

Thanks I'll try again tomorrow night probably.

Does anyone want to send me a friend request I keep asking people in TBFP threads to send me a FQ on PSN so I have people to play with and nobody ever does for anything. :(

I want to play with my fellow gaffers. :(

RoyaleDuke on PSN. :p

In that Mike-Z blogpost he mentioned something about YRC OS?

By that I think he meant missing a throw because your opponent jumped then YRCing to airthrow them.

Or he could be talking about the burst-bait where you have 25-49% meter and spam the RC input with all of your attacks so if your opponent bursts you will YRC since burst counts as not being in hit/block stun.

Papstr

Neo Member
In that Mike-Z blogpost he mentioned something about YRC OS?

You can input YRC during your combos to burst bait OS. If you have at least 25 meter but less than 50, you can input YRCs during your gatlings, and if they burst, you'll get a YRC and can block it. Since you have less than 50 meter, you won't get a RRC when your moves connect.

I think the OS can only really work in certain situations though, as if you're pressing 3 buttons for the YRC you might find yourself gatling normals that you didn't want. I have yet to mess with it.

Papstr

Neo Member
When in Conclusion conditions (opponent health bar is flashing, its your winning round, and you have at least 50 meter) instant kills become a bit more practical. The activation stance becomes a super freeze, so you can combo into them. One set up I do with Sol is, with 100 meter, I Wild Throw, RRC, instant kill activate, and then IK. Pretty handy since WT is unburstable, so it's game over if they get grabbed.

Sayad

People using burst to get out of I-No dash mix-ups or trying to hit me with red burst while I'm dashing toward them is the funniest shit ever. Got more burst grabs in the two sessions I played I-No than I did using Millia since launch!

Sayad

Hmm, I'm curious as to what do you BS? Dash mix-ups seems too risky to BS, but I can see it working against yolo dives...

Also, noticed I-No can counter poke Ky's far S with her 6P, is this something most characters can do(don't think it works with Millia's crappy 6P)?

I think the OS can only really work in certain situations though, as if you're pressing 3 buttons for the YRC you might find yourself gatling normals that you didn't want. I have yet to mess with it.
You want to be pressing different three buttons depending on the gatling route you want to take, it's really easy and more abuse-able than I thought it would be initially.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm, I'm curious as to what do you BS? Dash mix-ups seems too risky to BS, but I can see it working against yolo dives...

Also, noticed I-No can counter poke Ky's far S with her 2P, is this something most characters can do(don't think it works with Millia's crappy 2P)?

You want to be pressing different three buttons depending on the gatling route you want to take, it's really easy and more abuse-able than I thought it would be initially.

I died to fucking Pot sitting on the tip of the sword before shit was hilarious.

I just BS if I see her attacking

Papstr

Neo Member

Yea I figured this was the case. Haven't really sat down to experiment with it yet though.

fader

Also, noticed I-No can counter poke Ky's far S with her 2P, is this something most characters can do(don't think it works with Millia's crappy 2P)?

she counter pokes a lot of characters with 2P. Ram especially since they like to 5S at the start of the round.

Rhapsody

Banned
Stundipper you should be able to, but honestly ky can do max range greed severs vs quite a few characters even Ain does it lol

Yeah, the max range feels so nice since it's so hard for some to punish lol.

Almost forgot how small Ky's hurtbox is in Stun Dipper. Not just vertically, but horizontally too.
Was able to stop Leo's sonic booms in advance. I don't have Leo, so I'm not sure if Ky has no hurtbox on his legs, or if the sonic boom's hitbox was misleading on active frames.

All in all, I'm willing to take more risks with Ky now regarding Stun Dipper. I've been ignoring it too much and focused all my meter on just YRCs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, the max range feels so nice since it's so hard for some to punish lol.

Almost forgot how small Ky's hurtbox is in Stun Dipper. Not just vertically, but horizontally too.
Was able to stop Leo's sonic booms in advance. I don't have Leo, so I'm not sure if Ky has no hurtbox on his legs, or if the sonic boom's hitbox was misleading on active frames.

All in all, I'm willing to take more risks with Ky now regarding Stun Dipper. I've been ignoring it too much and focused all my meter on just YRCs.

It's not that it's small, it's that he has upperbody invince on it

Dlent

How am I supposed to discriminate in ranked if everyone is a four bar that mysteriously become 9F once actually in a game? I consistently have better connections choosing anyone that isn't 0 or 4 just because they're rare and I assume more accurate. At least when it works it works well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
How am I supposed to discriminate in ranked if everyone is a four bar that mysteriously become 9F once actually in a game? I consistently have better connections choosing anyone that isn't 0 or 4 just because they're rare and I assume more accurate. At least when it works it works well.
Ranked is the worst. Filter by 4+ bar players, select anyone, "connection has failed". :/

Top Bottom