• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Rhapsody

Banned
Things on my Potemkin to do list, use 6HS more, j.S for safe jumps, j.P for air to air blockstrings, and to stop dropping 6K > Hammerfall online.

My Potemkin's been doing fairly well here and there, but I'm neglecting certain things to help me get better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Looks like a combination of low Millia health and a cranked guard bar. Still made me go wide eyed though.

The best part is that was just from a single short block string lol Ky jacks the bar up so easy in this xD

Normally without the guardbar up it does about 40-45%

I think I'm going to retire my Millia from online, neutral is too painful. =/
I should pick up someone derpy like Elphelt for strictly online lol.

f. S gets me every fucking time.

Anyone up for a gaf PSN lobby later?

On knockdown? I believe that move works on anyone. I'm only able to throw out of it IF they mess up the timing. Otherwise, you'll have to block. The good news is that Millia basically has the same thing on knockdown with Tandem Top/Secret Garden set ups. Theoretically speaking anyway -- I'm not able to do anything yet.

edit: I'm dumb -- I was thinking of another move. I haven't had an issue against that move yet. Then again, I jump around like a moron.

4r5

Yo can somebody breakdown the Faust v Ky MU for me? Learning MUs is hard in GG :(

Out in the open, Faust is superior. Crouch-Walk under StunEdges and f.S, then poke back. Mostly it's your normals being better than Ky's.

On defense, things won't look good. But that's part of the package when you play Faust.

Zissou

Out in the open, Faust is superior. Crouch-Walk under StunEdges and f.S, then poke back. Mostly it's your normals being better than Ky's.

On defense, things won't look good. But that's part of the package when you play Faust.

Yeah- I know the MU in considered in Faust's favor, but I was wondering why. I originally was trying play at near full screen, but it seemed I couldn't do much to stop Ky from throwing fireballs (outside of a risky YOLO rerere). Seems like the way to play the MU then is to stay mid-range where I'm in F.S/drill cancel j.H range but outside the range of his normals?

Has there been any word on when/if a new batch of GGXrd sticks are coming? Or are the persona sticks the only ones available for the foreseeable future?

4r5

Yeah- I know the MU in considered in Faust's favor, but I was wondering why. I originally was trying play at near full screen, but it seemed I couldn't do much to stop Ky from throwing fireballs (outside of a risky YOLO rerere). Seems like the way to play the MU then is to stay mid-range where I'm in F.S/drill cancel j.H range but outside the range of his normals?

Sounds like you're figuring it out. Faust's advantage is his buttons and lowprofile/crouchwalk. You can lowprofile his stunedges from fullscreen, but you can't leverage your buttons from there. So you moved the match closer.

I'm thinking with the new RC system, you'd want to be close enough to discourage StunEdges, so he can't YRC them.

http://keeponrock.in/match/index/page/1/player1/562/character1/fa/player2/621/character2/ky#content

Azure J

My God my win success rate just jumped up exponentially just from finally getting how to take advantage of someone on knockdown with my character and learning what buttons to press against them. I feel so happy already. :lol

May is one of my favorite characters I've ever played seriously. Something just clicked from day one and I'm enjoying her immensely. It's so damn hard to watch matches of her though. Every single May I see plays the same way and does the same combos to the point where the only real difference I can see is people pressing buttons at different intervals. It's making it damn hard to take notes when I'm zoning out every five minutes.

rookiejet

Goooing myy waaay!

Faust is fun. I feel like I've to work less hard with him than Sin. I think I might troll it up with him for a bit, lol

Also, I'm hooked on Xrd's challenge and mission training modes. It's like the first thing I jump on. I'd like for combo trainers like this to be integrated into the training mode itself going forward so one could train user-created combos, with maybe an online-enabled library of sorts so people could easily share optimal combos (a similar library for pre-recorded dummy setups/punish training would be awesome too).

What's missing from current challenge mode implementations is visual/auditory feedback indicating ideal timing during playback. That would speed up learning/error correction I feel.

I would spend ALL day in a training mode like that.

Zissou

Sounds like you're figuring it out. Faust's advantage is his buttons and lowprofile/crouchwalk. You can lowprofile his stunedges from fullscreen, but you can't leverage your buttons from there. So you moved the match closer.

I'm thinking with the new RC system, you'd want to be close enough to discourage StunEdges, so he can't YRC them.

http://keeponrock.in/match/index/page/1/player1/562/character1/fa/player2/621/character2/ky#content

I keep forgetting about that site- learning a lot watching (mostly) Nage vs. Ain atm.

Goooing myy waaay!

Faust is fun. I feel like I've to work less hard with him than Sin. I think I might troll it up with him for a bit, lol

Also, I'm hooked on Xrd's challenge and mission training modes. It's like the first thing I jump on. I'd like for combo trainers like this to be integrated into the training mode itself going forward so one could train user-created combos, with maybe an online-enabled library of sorts so people could easily share optimal combos (a similar library for pre-recorded dummy setups/punish training would be awesome too).

What's missing from current challenge mode implementations is visual/auditory feedback indicating ideal timing during playback. That would speed up learning/error correction I feel.

I would spend ALL day in a training mode like that.

User-generated combos has gotta show up one of these days. I await a game that supports the combo equivalent of horse as some kind of online mode.

Top Bottom