• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Kimosabae

Banned
Could've sworn I read somewhere that a change was made to how Supers work, generally, which contributed to people using them on wakeup so much in Xrd. With the exception of I-No, I've never seen wakeup Super used in XX like it has been in Xrd.

Anyways, thanks for the help 4r5.

Sayad

Could've sworn I read somewhere that a change was made to how Supers work, generally, which contributed to people using them on wakeup so much in Xrd. With the exception of I-No, I've never seen wakeup Super used in XX like it has been in Xrd.
Wakeup Super wasn't as big of a concept before 09, maybe?! ;p

Biggest change: Street Fighter IV.

09ers confirmed ;)

Going to try to get a GGXrd stick at 12pm they only have around 100 MarkMan said so wish me luck guys :)

Just because I know a lot of people have been looking for a PS4 stick...

The Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3 is back in stock, while supplies last! - http://store.madcatz.com/Mad-Catz-G...htStick-Tournament-Edition-2-for-PS4-PS3.html

I've been stuck at the place order page for a few mins. Should I just wait it out? Or try to replace the order?

Edit: Been stuck on the place order page for over 20 mins and it just won't go through :( Probably going to call it quits pretty soon. Oh well.

Cheska

Same here! Nervous about refreshing.

I refreshed just to make sure it wasn't my internet bugging out or something. Still same thing just that little waiting icon.

Edit: And I am screwed... Says they are sold out now... PRobably shouldn't have refreshed I guess. I put my order in at 12pm exactly really bummed out now.

Cheska

I refreshed just to make sure it wasn't my internet bugging out or something. Still same thing just that little waiting icon.

Edit: And I am screwed... Says they are sold out now... PRobably shouldn't have refreshed I guess. I put my order in at 12pm exactly really bummed out now.

Exact same thing happened to me :( Super bummed about this. I even have MadCatz tweets set to send to my phone so I wouldn't miss out on a restock, placed an order as soon as I saw the notification went up, and still missed out.

I actually got a stick :O....don't hate me.

Gratz man. I think refreshing my page after like 10 mins was my downfall.

I really don't know what I am going to do now I haven't even been playing much because I hate pad and was hoping to get a stick this month, didn't think it was going to be this bad honestly. Should have just pre-ordered the P4A one, even if I don't like the blue sides but it's too late for that one.

Most of us were there at 12, and were stuck with a loading screen for over 20 minutes :(

The thing that sucks is I know there are those people who bought like 5 or more at once and pretty much screwed everyone else over. They need to have a 1 per customer type of thing for releases like this.

Edzi

Hey guys, I've got a couple questions for you. My plans to buy Xrd have been put on hold until I find a good PS4 arcade stick to buy (Well, I actually ordered a Hori ps3/ps4 stick yesterday, but then found out a newer model might be coming out in a month, so I'm just gonna return it and wait a bit and do more research), so I was considering buying GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS on PS3 to practice. Is the game similar enough to Xrd where this would be a good idea? Also, how's the online on that game, and is it still somewhat active?

Papstr

Neo Member
Hey guys, I've got a couple questions for you. My plans to buy Xrd have been put on hold until I find a good PS4 arcade stick to buy (Well, I actually ordered a Hori ps3/ps4 stick yesterday, but then found out a newer model might be coming out in a month, so I'm just gonna return it and wait a bit and do more research), so I was considering buying GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE PLUS on PS3 to practice. Is the game similar enough to Xrd where this would be a good idea? Also, how's the online on that game, and is it still somewhat active?
Online for it is pretty bad. As for the game itself, for the most part character knowledge and feel will carry over. A few system mechanics, like force breaks and slashbacks, are gone in Xrd. A few characters lost/gained/reworked some moves, but its better to go in familiar and make adjustments than to go in new imo.

If you want the most similar experience, #Reload on Steam is probably the most similar to Xrd.

If it is your only way of playing a GG game right now I'd say jump in it'll help you learn the franchises playstyle and will carry over. #Reload on steam is also a good place to start as most inspiration from that game came from #R instead of AC which added a few new systems and mechanics that added too many layers to the game IMO.

Also MC is opening up preorders for more TE2 stick for PS4/PS3 if you don't care about aesthetics at all pretty soon according to MarkMan. After what happened today I'd suggest preordering.

AlexIIDX

Is there a tell or something to Fausts door moves? Or do I just have to react as soon as he appears...Played a Faust online earlier and I literally got hit in the face with every door.

Edit: And noob question...does every character have an air throw?

Is there a tell or something to Fausts door moves? Or do I just have to react as soon as he appears...Played a Faust online earlier and I literally got hit in the face with every door.

Supposedly, jumping forward blocks all 3 versions. I haven't tested that yet, but it was someone's advice.

Only time I really use that move is to yrc it to start up pressure as most people aren't ready for Faust to randomly appear out of nowhere on the opposite side.

Videoneon

hmm, will definitely try it.

I want to say that jumping backwards works? If you get the back door should at least count as guarding if you don't move back far enough, right? I get the impression that there's a relatively simple way to evade any of the Faust teleports and that just using them by themselves sucks

Sayad

Is there a tell or something to Fausts door moves? Or do I just have to react as soon as he appears...Played a Faust online earlier and I literally got hit in the face with every door

Supposedly, jumping forward blocks all 3 versions. I haven't tested that yet, but it was someone's advice.
You need faultless defense to block them though. Another answer is blitz shield, works against all three of them, no directions needed. With Millia, just jumping in your place with FD make the ground ones whiff. :D Not sure if it's the same for other characters though.

Anyway, seems like a lot of people don't already know this, but air FD is not affected by side switch, you can hold FD in the air and it will stay active until you land even if they switch sides. This is extremely useful for getting out of Millia's mid screen air dash/side switch mixups(and other characters left/right shenanigans).

Grifter

You need faultless defense to block them though. Another answer is blitz shield, works against all three of them, no directions needed.

Damn, that is a serious answer to that move. I've always just jumped early + FD so the door doesn't open behind me.

Makes BS sound amazing but then again, TP + YRC is pretty damn amazing. I'm still pretty lost on whether that gives me any options besides blocking a point-blank mixup. Figured trying to jump or dash would cause a ton of start-up frames.

Top Bottom