• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Shouta

Finally put some time into the game. Tried Ramlethal but she has too many microdash/IADs to get her combos outside of her strings. I'm really bad at those so it's gonna be impossible for me to play her effectively lol. Her sword stuff is easy after playing Ken and Koro so much in persona.

So I landed on Leo and I'm enjoying him. He's like Guile + Feilong lol. He doesn't require too much complex stuff either aside from a few links. He gets decent damage as well which was surprising. It'll probably be Leo and Chipp for now unless I can get a better feel for some of the other chars.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Finally put some time into the game. Tried Ramlethal but she has too many microdash/IADs to get her combos outside of her strings. I'm really bad at those so it's gonna be impossible for me to play her effectively lol. Her sword stuff is easy after playing Ken and Koro so much in persona.

So I landed on Leo and I'm enjoying him. He's like Guile + Feilong lol. He doesn't require too much complex stuff either aside from a few links. He gets decent damage as well which was surprising. It'll probably be Leo and Chipp for now unless I can get a better feel for some of the other chars.

We should play sometime :p
My mains in this game are Greed Sever and Stun Dipper.

Don't be a baddie :p

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
My fave Millia getting in Xrd was a given she's basically the Chun-Li of Guilty Gear. But I was shocked my other fave I-No was included in the initial roster. With how many characters they axed (due to resources I know) I thought many others would make it in over the guitar witch. What a pleasant surprise! :)

fader

My fave Millia getting in Xrd was a given she's basically the Chun-Li of Guilty Gear. But I was shocked my other fave I-No was included in the initial roster. With how many characters they axed (due to resources I know) I thought many others would make it in over the guitar witch. What a pleasant surprise! :)

are you speaking playstyle? or as a character?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

They tried to get characters in that were as unique as possible while still having ties to story stuff they could work with.

So basically only character that got axed in this process was Johnny as they wanted to pick between Slayer and Johnny for technical characters

Two questions.

1. Would you recomend this game to someone who isn't very adept at fighting games, is it easy to get into?

I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but I wan't to give the genre a fair shot, since this game and the upcoming Street Fighter V look incredible.

2. How difficult are the trophies?

As someone who isn't very good at fighting games, should I just forget trophies exist for this game?

Is Leo's projectile a charge motion?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Two questions.

1. Would you recomend this game to someone who isn't very adept at fighting games, is it easy to get into?

I'm not much of a fighting game fan, but I wan't to give the genre a fair shot, since this game and the upcoming Street Fighter V look incredible.

2. How difficult are the trophies?

As someone who isn't very good at fighting games, should I just forget trophies exist for this game?

1. The tutorial, missions and challenges are all great at teaching the ins and outs of the game. GG is the type of fighter you take one aspect of at a time to learn. Trying to learn it all at once is bad. That said a few characters are really hard to play but others are really easy.

2. Not sure, but if you want stuff to do the Medal mode is fun as you beat different challenges and level up a character in it and give them abilities they normally dont have.

Is Leo's projectile a charge motion?

The projectile and uppercut are his charge moves. The dash attacks are motions. His counter is just D when his back is turned lol

hypernima

Banned
They tried to get characters in that were as unique as possible while still having ties to story stuff they could work with.

So basically only character that got axed in this process was Johnny as they wanted to pick between Slayer and Johnny for technical characters

Slayer's technical?

hypernima

Banned
He can be, too bad every Slayer online is just Mappa Punch xN lol

I mean I do that, but only when I think I can get a hit :\

Very. Watch a high level slayer and try to replicate what he does ;)

Edit: Anyone want to play right now? If not I'll just pick on some randoms or something.

I don't know any high level Slayer's, its weird cause he feels kinda simple to me.
I'll be on later to play if you're still around.

Pejo

Damn the wait on this game is killing me. Best Buy still doesn't have any in stock since before new years. I tried buying the pre-owned but apparently they only exist in Siberia or somewhere not anywhere near to where I'm located (CA).

Normally this wouldn't be an issue and I'd just get it at Amazon but I only have a Best Buy gift card and money's tight at the moment.

Related: Does anyone know if you can buy PSN cards with Best Buy gift cards? I might just go that route.

Edzi

Damn the wait on this game is killing me. Best Buy still doesn't have any in stock since before new years. I tried buying the pre-owned but apparently they only exist in Siberia or somewhere not anywhere near to where I'm located (CA).

Normally this wouldn't be an issue and I'd just get it at Amazon but I only have a Best Buy gift card and money's tight at the moment.

I'm also stuck waiting since I want to get a new Arcade Stick first, but watching all the hype footage online is making it reeeeally hard. I was hoping to wait for a price drop, but I dunno how likely that is in the near future (especially since I'm considering digital this time so I don't feel tempted to re-buy the inevitable updated editions...).

K.Sabot

Fielding for games right now.

Located in middle america (OK), 2 bars with me generally consist of 4 frame delay.

Get decent connections with east coast, and somewhat poor with west unfortunately.

edit: I say I want to play, but here I am installing trophy information for 10 minutes.

Question with the ways throws work in the game. Can't I just map button press+hs for everything and have the ultimate gdlk option selects?

Or can you not map buttons like that?

K.Sabot

Question with the ways throws work in the game. Can't I just map button press+hs for everything and have the ultimate gdlk option selects?

Or can you not map buttons like that?

Pretty sure you can bind blitz shield, so it might work for characters whose only option is to OS their slash (like millia). Not sure if you can bind HS with any other buttons though.

Ordered from amazon couldn't find it at any game stop or every game stop employee is a lazy bastard that didnt bother to look. Should be getting in tomorrow so just in time for weekend matches. Cant wait.

K.Sabot

Why would I be scared :p

Because japan people freak out and bugger off when you try and observe their matches and I was being sort of facetious about it in a way that only I would get it.

Ordered from amazon couldn't find it at any game stop or every game stop employee is a lazy bastard that didnt bother to look. Should be getting in tomorrow so just in time for weekend matches. Cant wait.

I've heard from a lot of people that the physical release of this game was very low and is already running out, mostly because most stores only had 1-2 copies.

Shouta

Sometimes I see the dust effect while my character is already standing, and I'm like "omg! gotta block that" and crouch to block it... :(

Yeah, with a game that has tight inputs like this, even a few frames is deadly. It's even screwing with my rekkas, lol.

Shouta

Actually, you have the corner pressure setup down and you were properly playing neutral so it was good practice. I've only gotten like 30 games with Leo before I played so i needed to learn how to deal with shit. Got a better idea even if it's frustrating with delay screwing with me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Actually, you have the corner pressure setup down and you were properly playing neutral so it was good practice. I've only gotten like 30 games with Leo before I played so i needed to learn how to deal with shit. Got a better idea even if it's frustrating with delay screwing with me.

I play a pretty damn good millia player often. Learning to block all her shit with 2 frame delay made me feel super human haha

Shouta

It feels like there's more than just input delay but it might just be me. Game feels sluggish in 3 bar. I do know it was screwing me up more than you, S is the same start-up for Ky and Leo and every time I tried to press it immediately at the start, I lost to yours, lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It feels like there's more than just input delay but it might just be me. Game feels sluggish in 3 bar. I do know it was screwing me up more than you, S is the same start-up for Ky and Leo and every time I tried to press it immediately at the start, I lost to yours, lol.

I have about 1.3k matches played online already. I'm just used to the timing of when to press stuff now.

Top Bottom