• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

NEO0MJ

Thanks for playing me, Rhap. Q ran away for some reason :mad:

I kid, 9 frame delay is pretty bad. Still, I managed to learn a few things. I don't RC at all during matches, and don't plan my bursts well, either. I become truly trapped in the corner and can't escape pressure at all. Any other things I did wrong?

Seyavesh

ggs i guess

fuckkk i hate that i can't block or punish greed saber

i see the flashing big ass lights and im like ok time to block oops i already got hit

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, Q. I really do want to learn the mirror. So I'd appreciate if you don't mess around too much when you can.

Edit: GGs, NEO0MJ and Seyavesh (?). I need to take a break and get stuff done for the day.

Just got this today from amazon with a mayflash sega saturn controller adapter. Hopes it works, using ps3. This and saturn pad means burning thumbs for next few days lol. So ready for this, ill be on later tonight. User name on psn MechaWolf87. If you see me, be relentless, that's the only way for me to get better lol.

That clash video is pretty sick!

I also didn't think mission mode would be as hard as it is to get through, at least for me. I hope someone eventually releases a video demoing how to go through it.

Would people want to play some games tonight? I'm still pretty free at this game, been trying to learn Sol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was reflecting on our last set: is it better to dead angle that pressure, or blitz shield since your strings can often be predictable (but strong) and have small frame trap gaps in them?

If you have the balls to go for a blitz go for it, just don't do that when an upgraded charged stun edge is on top of you

My stick finally came in after being stuck in customs for a while. Damn it feels good to play on a stick again. I've been hitting training pretty hard this evening trying to get the timing for Potemkin Hammer Fall Break cancels and such.

That being said, would anyone be down for some fairly casual matches tomorrow against a super nooby Pot? My psn is Gimlianon if anyone is interested, I play on PS4.

If you have the balls to go for a blitz go for it, just don't do that when an upgraded charged stun edge is on top of you
Any tips for approaching when you have several of those stun edges set up?

My stick finally came in after being stuck in customs for a while. Damn it feels good to play on a stick again. I've been hitting training pretty hard this evening trying to get the timing for Potemkin Hammer Fall Break cancels and such.

That being said, would anyone be down for some fairly casual matches tomorrow against a super nooby Pot? My psn is Gimlianon if anyone is interested, I play on PS4.
Add my PSN: Karsticles.

I plan on playing a lot tomorrow.

I suck.

Onemic

How do you block inos pressure? Seems like at the very least you need to block two consecutive 50/50's if she gets a knockdown...and that's if she plays it safe.

I really want to watch this set between Ogawa and Koichi but can't thanks to the annoying anime voice in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApXZlgPwkE
I kept checking other taps thinking I have something else playing. ;__;

On related not note, El is a beast.
I watched this for an hour tonight. Sound off.

I think it is hilarious that with all the character diversity in GG, the character that might be Zato's hardest matchup has a dive kick.

Isn't I-No also a bad match up for Zato?
I don't know the full spread, I have just heard Ogawa say Elphelt is S tier, and players tend to create tiers based on their own matchup experience. Plus, that Elphelt I just watched gave Ogawa a harder time than anyone else I have seen. He even got perfected once.

I haven't seen an I-No give Ogawa a hard time yet. But really, the same seems really balanced amid all the crazy stuff in it.

Azure J

I really want to watch this set between Ogawa and Koichi but can't thanks to the annoying anime voice in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jApXZlgPwkE
I kept checking other taps thinking I have something else playing. ;__;

On a related not note, El is a beast.

Yessss more Koichi Elphet to watch.

It's so satisfying landing counter hit 6HS with Potemkin. It's basically a free dizzy.

I'm playing arcade mode on mania grinding for yencoins to unlock stuff with and finishing the arcade story mode for the characters. Potemkin's counterhit 6HS feels like the will of the universe itself when it smacks Ram and gives me a moment to breathe. :lol

NEO0MJ

It's so satisfying landing counter hit 6HS with Potemkin. It's basically a free dizzy.

The thing I don't like with Potemkin is if you send them too far and can't catch them in time to punish them. Also, I hate the new animation for Gigantic Blid EX? The old one was much cooler.

Sayad

I don't know the full spread, I have just heard Ogawa say Elphelt is S tier, and players tend to create tiers based on their own matchup experience. Plus, that Elphelt I just watched gave Ogawa a harder time than anyone else I have seen. He even got perfected once.
You should check this incredible Ogawa vs Machaboo set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rteP5v9FYxU

Hopefully Machaboo keep playing the game. Too many legends in GG, something like Topanga League for Xrd would be incredible.

4r5

What's wrong with Pot's DA? Every time I've seen him use it, it whiff, even if I'm almost in his face!

Pote's DA is about average, but you have to space and time very carefully against Pote, to protect against reversal PBuster or backdash, and doing so usually also saves against DA.

Starting to realize that Millia has some bad supers. They have slow start up and have very little priority on anything, including other's special attacks.

Top Bottom