• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

rookiejet

Alright, see ya then, Kimo. If anybody can't join (Xrd's player room search is funky), add me or send me a message at "rookiejet1" on PSN and I'll send and an invite

I guess I'll post these here too.

GGXrd Revelator Jack O' footage.

Loketest info.

More info.

Source

Jack-O'
- Ghost bags "level up" according to how long they stay on screen but spend more ghost gauge accordingly.
- Overhead and strike throw both look slow
- Organ's explosion explodes both bags and ghosts
- All of Jack O's Minions disappear if she gets hit
- 5HS first hit has jump cancel
- 2HS last hit has jump cancel
- 6P > 5S > aerial combo > strike throw is a thing (melty BLOOD)
- Wasn't mentioned in the loketest pdf but she has a 6HS
- Rushdown attack (2D) is slow but has invul

Source

Jack-O
Short reach in her normals
5HS looks like some capoeira move
She has a ghost icon for each one of hers above her Tension gauge; can't setup same ghost until icon refills
S Ghost summons a floating ghost, no idea about P and K
4D strike throw is used in combos
3HS is a sweep; no cancels
Ghost gauge takes quite a while to fill

Source

Jack-O:
2S' reach is so short you can't even connect 2K > 2S point blank
P Ghost is a floating sword ghost
6K is a short jump 2 hit kick downwards; no idea if overhead or low
K Ghost is a walking spear ghost
j.HS looks like one of KoF's Kula's moves. Can crossup.
After ghosts come out of bag, even if you pick up the bags they stay summoned; bags can stay summoned for as long as gauge lasts
Also some stuff for existing characters he tweeted

Ram
- They changed something about Ram's sword setup

Leo
- Damage output nerfs

Bedman
- Air Task B has less untech time apparently

Elphelt
- low airdash j.P > j.HS doesn't work.
- Less defense rate.

Hope you don't mind me quoting these here raven777.

ImpishHopefulBedbug.gif

For headphone users that don't want their eardrums destroyed by the videos that have no volume controls.

And Kancho face.

CGsz3yeUgAAITuz.jpg

Zissou

Man zato is the most one player gamey thing I've ever experienced in fighting games. I don't understand the balance decision of "make this dude the best at pressure" when they also gave him excellent neutral game as well.

Man zato is the most one player gamey thing I've ever experienced in fighting games. I don't understand the balance decision of "make this dude the best at pressure" when they also gave him excellent neutral game as well.

Honestly, Zato is too much for me. In theory, he's the best character, but few people can pull it off. Although, I don't disagree with you; he can absolutely wreck if played properly.

What I do against Zato is wait to see what he does after you're hit with that ground buzzsaw move.

It seems that there's usually a gap around that time where you can get out or do something.

Kimosabae

Banned
I think the character is justified due to reprogramming and training mode dedication required to excel with him. He's consistently been nerfed since the since the XX series' inception and the number of notable Zato player shave always been in the single digits at most (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'll be playing Zato at some point in the future.

vg260

Going to try to re-introduce myself to this game. I keep getting sidetracked.
Is there any logistical advantage to either one of these stick layouts:
K H HS
P _ D
vs.
P H HS
K _ D

It feels weird to me to have punch on the bottom, even though from my understanding P is usually weaker than K in a chain sequence and the top is the default. (or did I get that backwards?)

Zissou

My Zato salt is always strong because it's really hard to learn what to do in the neutral game and if you ever fuck up, the neutral game might be over for the the round, so there are very limited chances to learn.

K H HS
P _ D
vs.
P H HS
K _ D

It feels weird to me to have punch on the bottom, even though from my understanding P is usually weaker than K in a chain sequence and the top is the default. (or did I get that backwards?)

P at the bottom is the standard arcade layout. It makes sense when you think of it as increasing attack strength starting at P and ending at HS with D being a special/unique button.

Regardless of what layout you use (whatever is comfortable for YOU is always best anyway), I highly recommend this explanation of Guilty Gear's button scheme if you haven't already read it.

Essay

K H HS
P _ D
vs.
P H HS
K _ D

If by "H" you mean S, there's no general advantage between one over the other, besides the first layout being more common (say you want to jump in for someone and save time setting/worrying about buttons) and letting you play the pre-Xrd GG's in arcade. (Arcade Xrd lets you select that second layout and a few others.) Two of the OG's in my city use the second layout because "ST taught me jap should be in the top-left.

If you really are starting from scratch and want to play a particular character, look at what they actually have to do, execution-wise, and see if you can intuit which layout would be more natural for you. Like, if you want to play Faust, you're going to have to plink from the K button to some other button to do his drill cancels. Using K where "jab" would be gives me the choice from plink downward, instead of always upward.

Know if there is a skip-turn button, short of hitting O and then re-lining up? I keep trying to spread the love, but never get back in the queue before you ready-up, so I don't get to spectate.

Think that's the way it used to work. Now (X for me) puts you in the afk line-up.

Handy for when you don't want to watch the next match so you can escape.

8 thousand, 9 thousand, jeez that is a lot of games played. I mean I was doing poorly before, but this is definitely picking on the new guy.

I know because I do it too.

Edit: Not going to make excuses, that was enough one sided beatings for the day. Thanks for the lobby and games.

Safe-jumps all day! If your DP isn't 3 frame (i.e. Elphelt's super), it ain't worth shit!

GGs.

I forgot that was a thing. Not sure how to do it with Ky. GGs

8 thousand, 9 thousand, jeez that is a lot of games played. I mean I was doing poorly before, but this is definitely picking on the new guy.

I know because I do it too.

Edit: Not going to make excuses, that was enough one sided beatings for the day. Thanks for the lobby and games.

It's a real struggle until you get to the intermediate level. I am no where near there yet but it feels like one of those things that you do a bit of every day until you get there. Also watch videos of good players using your character every now and then and trying to incorporate something they do in your play.

Maybe next time we should set a limit of games, like 10-15 total. Should be enough data to think on afterwards and should prevent hours long sessions where one person is losing continuously.

Nah, I am ok with playing until I don't want to anymore. Looking at high level play is no help right now, when I can't even play at the most basic level. Higher level tactics need a supporting foundation of basic competency which I don't have.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Play Ky or Sol vs him if you want to give him a hard time and do it with a easy to learn character

OceanBlue

It's awesome that the thread activity has picked up. I'll have Internet next week so I hope I get the chance to play you guys. Need to learn the game lol.

Zissou

Ky's normals, and Sol's DP and Gunflame

Why are his normals noteworthy in this MU? Using Faust, have the time my ranged normals get beat by a random drill. How do you discourage Zato from doing drills in the neutral in general? I feel like I'm missing something.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why are his normals noteworthy in this MU? Using Faust, have the time my ranged normals get beat by a random drill. How do you discourage Zato from doing drills in the neutral in general? I feel like I'm missing something.

Ky isn't a long lanky bald asshole with huge hurtboxes

Zissou

Ky isn't a long lanky bald asshole with huge hurtboxes

Haha. Any idea on how the Faust vs. Zato MU is perceived? I'm not good enough to really know whether I should be doing better, but it seems impossible to not be where a drill is when he does one.

Nah, I am ok with playing until I don't want to anymore. Looking at high level play is no help right now, when I can't even play at the most basic level. Higher level tactics need a supporting foundation of basic competency which I don't have.

I think you only really see improvements after you sleep and wake up again.

At least for me I seem to notice small improvements when I play after waking up. I guess the brain re-organizes and puts things together while you're asleep if that makes any sense.

I think you only really see improvements after you sleep and wake up again.

At least for me I seem to notice small improvements when I play after waking up. I guess the brain re-organizes and puts things together while you're asleep if that makes any sense.
Sleep and rest is good for things that you've been practicing, like setups or execution or whatever.

But for me to learn, change, I need to play games. Lose a lot of games, get pushed out of my comfort zone, think about what I am doing and why. Games always start when you are still in your comfort zone and it takes a while to push you out the space where you just auto pilot everything to where you start to examine your actions more.

OceanBlue

Oh, lit me know if you want to join the group.

Who does Daji play now? Still Ram?
Yep. He's basically responsible for all of the Ram 1.1 tech lol. I'd even say he's the only Japanese Ram left but I don't know who Batako and Dei are playing so...

Rhapsody

Banned
If Zappa does get confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised if Batako switches to Zappa. I'm pretty sure he was a Zappa player back in the day.

Sayad

Yep. He's basically responsible for all of the Ram 1.1 tech lol. I'd even say he's the only Japanese Ram left but I don't know who Batako and Dei are playing so...
He was also responsible for a lot of Millia's tech before Ram's release, he was the Millia before Nakamora and Woshiege decided to grace the game with their presence.

Sayad

And you barely get anything, AI's flow chart is really shallow, barely does any combos and doesn't even play characters the way they're supposed to be played.

OceanBlue

And you barely get anything, AI's flow chart is really shallow, barely does any combos and doesn't even play characters the way they're supposed to be played.

I use it to help get execution jitters out of the way. It sucks messing up setups or missing hitconfirms when I need to think about I'm supposed to do while I'm playing. :(

Sayad

I use it to help get execution jitters out of the way. It sucks messing up setups or missing hitconfirms when I need to think about I'm supposed to do while I'm playing. :(
Yep, that's about the only thing the AI is useful for, an active combo doll to practice your confirms and setups on.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think the AI can still help people at the start. It's a matter of getting used to your gatlings and confirms.
You'll want to feel comfortable with those first as much as possible.

Top Bottom