• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

fader

Use VCL for oki too. It's really good if you airdash and go for left/right mixups and YRC it. It beats Blitz Shield and it catches most backdashes IIRC.

You can FD cancel the startup of her j.D for some mixups too. Kinda hard to do unless you use your burst though.

you can get it pretty consistently pre-burst if you hold down two buttons other than dust and plink 4 after dust

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm strange after playing the US release almost all of my online games have been 2frames :p

LOL the tutorial actually teaches you how to option select throws

Rhapsody

Banned
Use VCL for oki too. It's really good if you airdash and go for left/right mixups and YRC it. It beats Blitz Shield and it catches most backdashes IIRC.

You can FD cancel the startup of her j.D for some mixups too. Kinda hard to do unless you use your burst though.

Oh, I forgot about those weird mixups off of FD j.D.

I should probably mess with that next time around.

Prototype

I will work on this too.

I was playing a bit today and trying vcl oki a few times buy I need to learn when to do its over them while it still has active frames.

you can get it pretty consistently pre-burst if you hold down two buttons other than dust and plink 4 after dust
Forgot about that! That should make it easier with a burst.
Oh, I forgot about those weird mixups off of FD j.D.

I should probably mess with that next time around.

Yeah it really makes her mixup game even better. You can do j.D FDC into a j.K, fall and do a 2K, or just do a throw.

Tunahead

Edit: what the eff, and he does Naruto hand symbols?

Ninja hand symbols used to perform ninja magic have been present in like a million things in ninja fiction before Naruto did it, including a million Godfrey Ho films with the word "Ninja" in the title, each of them worse than the last. See "Cobra vs Ninja" for a particularly amazing example with kicking rad italo disco beats accompanying the frankly preposterous fights (and equally preposterous acting).

I just tried to link off of j.K, fly, j.K, j.HS for the last hour, and I then I watch an Ogawa video that makes me pretty sure it isn't possible without using Eddie. -_-

Does GG have any kind of hitstun decay during combos? If I do s.P, s.S (close), s.S, it all links very easily. But I just found out I can do j.K, fly, j.P, j.S, j.HS, s.P, s.S. except if the s.S is close, the combo drops often. If it is far, it doesn't.

Ninja hand symbols used to perform ninja magic have been present in like a million things in ninja fiction before Naruto did it, including a million Godfrey Ho films with the word "Ninja" in the title, each of them worse than the last. See "Cobra vs Ninja" for a particularly amazing example with kicking rad italo disco beats accompanying the frankly preposterous fights (and equally preposterous acting).
Where did it all start? Does it have some greater cultural relevance?

4r5

Rhapsody, help me understand something. I see Ogawa throw drills out all the time, even when Eddie isn't around. Why isn't he afraid of people punishing him when they whiff, and why don't I see maybe people punish the whiff? I feel like these are Dormammu Purifications, so I am scared to throw them out in the neutral.

Zato Drills do this weird thing where if they are cast close to you without hitting and you are crouching, if you stand up, you will be hit. Bizarrely enough, the reverse also can happen. And sometimes you can be in proximity guard, and you will be hit if you let go of block.

This effect has been drastically reduced in Xrd, but it is still in the game.

Why does Chipp's shuriken inconsistently make him pause in the air?

Chipp, consistently, alternates between a 'bad' shuriken throw, and a good shuriken throw. The bad throw is the one that will pause his velocity.

Edit: I should mention that I am trying these strings in the corner.

Was the guard bar jacked up?
I don't believe so.

Zato Drills do this weird thing where if they are cast close to you without hitting and you are crouching, if you stand up, you will be hit. Bizarrely enough, the reverse also can happen. And sometimes you can be in proximity guard, and you will be hit if you let go of block.

This effect has been drastically reduced in Xrd, but it is still in the game.

Chipp, consistently, alternates between a 'bad' shuriken throw, and a good shuriken throw. The bad throw is the one that will pause his velocity.
I actually noticed against Sol that I have sniffed drills, he stands motionless (training mode), and then gets hit by it at the end somehow.

4r5

I actually noticed against Sol that I have sniffed drills, he stands motionless (training mode), and then gets hit by it at the end somehow.

Yeah, character's idle hitboxes will shift as they go through their animations. As for magic drills, I'm not sure if Drill hitboxes are expanding, or if its the character's hitbox shifting around, or both.

Tunahead

Where did it all start? Does it have some greater cultural relevance?

I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure mystical hand seals have origins in religion. Evil spirts be gone, and all that. I assume Buddhism and/or Shinto for the Japanese version, but it should be noted that the Chinese equivalent has a lot of crazed Taoism practitioners. A notable example would be the drunken swordsman and bastard lunatic who assists the protagonist in A Chinese Ghost Story.

NEO0MJ

Just a super tiny taste, I don't want to post anymore because this is alone is probably bad enough as it is and they probably wont like me doing it xD

But this is literally a mega small taste of what's in here. Some pages are full of art others are full of text with history and terms. It's a really solid tiny book.

Jelly. I was tempted to buy the LE but I expect us to get more LEs in the future so I held off.

Rhapsody

Banned
I just tried to link off of j.K, fly, j.K, j.HS for the last hour, and I then I watch an Ogawa video that makes me pretty sure it isn't possible without using Eddie. -_-
I usually just try it with Eddie and not without. I know +R he can link off of it solo.

He probably can in other versions, but I never really bothered trying.
It's not really a situation I come across since it's hard to get a deep jump in like that without any help.

Jazz-ism

Banned
rhapsody, since you seem to have a good grasp on the character would you mind giving the players in this thread some general anti-zato tips? what problems do you face and who/what gives you issues?

Sayad

Pretty much every character I've tried have been fun enough to main, I'm afraid to give Chipp a try on the off chance that I'd end up liking him. ;p

Volcynika

Yaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss

B5iws0MCUAAL5Li.jpg

B5iwtSiCEAAFo1k.jpg

B5iwtuoCMAA4xDl.jpg

dem0neyes

ps4/ps3 xrd sticks finally cleared the port in LA so they should be hopefully be shipping today. Finally gonna be able to switch to the ps4 version.

Sigh, my Gamestop didn't get the LEs in yet. They didn't give me an estimate on when they would come in but they said they were gonna call me when they did. I'm really glad I picked it up on HK PSN in the meantime.

cerulily

My LE just delivered today, thankfully my house is vacant until Saturday and it is probably sitting out the in cold until then :s

wwm0nkey

Sigh, my Gamestop didn't get the LEs in yet. They didn't give me an estimate on when they would come in but they said they were gonna call me when they did. I'm really glad I picked it up on HK PSN in the meantime.
Probably today, they probably just haven't opened up their boxes yet.

Shouta

Why does Chipp's shuriken inconsistently make him pause in the air?

Edit: what the eff, and he does Naruto hand symbols?

Chipp's shuriken stops you in the air near the top of your jump but won't when you're coming down and towards your opponent, as I recall. My old GGX knowledge of Chipp is a bit rusty though.

I started with Ramlethal's trials last night. I'm up to I think 40 now. Most have been semi-easy but getting used to the hit stun so I can properly continue my combo is still taking some time. The trials had a lot of nice combo parts that I can probably use to investigate longer and more optimized combos which should be good. Only a few had instant air dashes or micro-dashes which should keep me from going nuts.

Top Bottom