• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

W.S.

I'm glad Arksys has the resources to do all this shit. Honestly though, I was one of the dudes who really liked Hard Corps Uprising, and I wish Arksys could do more non-fighting game stuff on the side. Always had a hidden dream that Koji Igarashi would be able to direct a fully funded Castlevania with ArkSys doing the gameplay systems.
I'm actually hoping they have enough resources to continue with Xrd because I'd like to see added fighters that are missing like Baiken, Johnny, Kliff, Zappa, etc.

Has this title been selling well? It seemed like it was practically vomited out before the new year with little marketing or anything.

Hit them up and see if you can get some sort of light refund at the least. They are normally pretty good about damaged goods
Yeah hit them up by email asking for some compensation cause this is the 4th LE I've ordered from them and had show up smashed or not at all in Dark Souls case. Also went to chat to speed things up and they sent out a replacement already that should be here tomorrow. So thats all I can really do I guess. Sucks more cause I was really looking forward to this.

Send an email to our support email
support(at)aksysgames|dot|com

And we should be able to send you replacement parts for anything that was damaged :)

Wow good to know. I'll keep that in mind if the amazon replacement shows up damaged as well.

Did not unwrap it but put more light on it to see what the damage really was, looks like what ever punctured it went right through the cardboard box so who knows what the artbook/case looks like inside :(

FluxWaveZ

Has this title been selling well? It seemed like it was practically vomited out before the new year with little marketing or anything.

Nope. Probably didn't do too hot in the west, either. Maybe it met their expectations, though, and their future plans for Guilty Gear past Xrd are untouched.

Grifter

Leo's out in JP. Feeling much like Kagura. Interesting cross-pollination between these latest Arc character designs. With the latest iterations, GG, BB, and P4A now all have gun characters and someone with Marvel teleport mix-ups.

k_hop

Sorry Disco, my Square / Kick is failing to work at random intervals and it's driving me bonkers. Gonna take a break.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
have they posted the prices for leo and the dlc colors?

Pricing will be as follows:

Leo - Playable Character = $7.99
Leo System Voice = $2.99 (like the rest)

Character specific additional colors = .99 cents per character

Additional Character Color bundle = $11.99
System Voice bundle = $34.99

Christmas Colors = FREE! (only available from 12/23-1/13, so make sure to grab them!)

GGXrd PSN avatars = .49 cents each.

Also, a little Chimaki told me...

There may be a new patch coming out later this week in the US~ >.> <.<

Prototype

I will pay for more colors.
.99¢ is OK imo.

No official date for them in the NA store?

Edit.

Gonna pass on Leo. Figure he'll be included in the next version of the game. $8 is a little steep for a character imo. Prolly would bite at 4.99.

Marz

I'm going to buy all of the DLC lol. Except for the system voices (probably get Slayers though).

Gotta support.

Pretty hyped for Leo, he's the only new character in Xrd who's design I like. Interested to see how he feels.

Mesoian

I'll use the credit I got through re-upping PS+ to buy the DLC.

They need to be smart about their DLC though. It may not be out of the question to expect Dizzy and Johnny as DLC, but if they go too nuts on the pricing, people are going to fucking riot.

Christmas Colors = FREE! (only available from 12/23-1/13, so make sure to grab them!)

Reasonably priced DLC from ArcSys? System voice prices aside I think I'll probably be picking up some colors at the prices that they're offering them.

Reasonably priced DLC from ArcSys? System voice prices aside I think I'll probably be picking up some colors at the prices that they're offering them.

They are using the same pricing structure they've used for BB in the past. I am glad they are sticking with it and it hasn't been affected by the "next-gen" tax. Going to hop on Leo once it hits.

Hopefully Testament/Baiken/Johnny/A.B.A/Robo-Ky/Order-Sol/Bridget/Dizzy/Anji/Jam/Zappa/Kliff get released in a bundle pack for $1 next month. Amirite?

Shouta

So on another note, I got my PS4 regular edition and my PS4 from Japan on Saturday. All setup and the game is ridiculously gorgeous. It's glorious. I haven't put much time in yet but I'm planning to for Northwest Majors and to beat up the local GG heads, lol.

They are using the same pricing structure they've used for BB in the past. I am glad they are sticking with it and it hasn't been affected by the "next-gen" tax. Going to hop on Leo once it hits.

Hopefully Testament/Baiken/Johnny/A.B.A/Robo-Ky/Order-Sol/Bridget/Dizzy/Anji/Jam/Zappa/Kliff get released in a bundle pack for $1 next month. Amirite?
I would literally pay double the price of Xrd for this (hell, I'd pay it for Anji, Baiken and Jam alone). Too bad it'll probably take like four years just to get everyone you mentioned.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Anji, A.B.A or Kliff.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so jealous of people getting their LE's. I think Canada is cursed when it comes to waiting for Aksys releases

I spoke with VGP and while their games take usually round 3 days to reach BC, due to the holiday season it may arrive closer to NYE. As long as my LE is in good condition I won't complain.

Ah lol sorry something came up that I needed to take care of. I am not trying to dodge, too hard. If you are having a decent connection though I'll continue to stay out.

so 20 dollars tomorrow... i miss the old days with no dlc... thanks for the info

zlatko

Banned
How does Leo play? I'm considering picking him up, but unsure if he's a character I'd fair okay with on pad.

Quarter circle motions? Full rush down? He seemed sorta like "gen" from SF series with the other stance.

4r5

YOOOO!!!

Is it even possible to anti air May's j.2H? That thing is nuts!!!

6P is situational, depends on a lot of variables. Namely, how good your character's 6P is.
As others have said, Blitz Shield is an option.

High-level response is to jump up and IB>airthrow.
Now, with the new RC system, if they YRC, you are still in a good position to airthrow, you may even throw their YRC. But if they RRC, the situation may reverse, with you in the air, and them on the ground.

Conservative reaction is to backdash.

Skilletor

How does Leo play? I'm considering picking him up, but unsure if he's a character I'd fair okay with on pad.

Quarter circle motions? Full rush down? He seemed sorta like "gen" from SF series with the other stance.

Nothing like Gen, really. He's charge and rekka character. His supers are both hcb,f motions (don't know number notations outside of qcf, lol).

He's going to be a character whose sweet zone is like two character spaces away. His 5k is like a faster version of Guile's knee, moves him forward a lot. His 5s is slow, but has super good range. Fireballs seem to be good at controlling space, and his rekkas are easy to hitco into.

Still feeling him out. I think I'm digging him, but not sure yet.

Any impression on that LE artbook yet? Not sure if I want that vs digital copy.

Theres been a few unboxing videos uploaded in the past day or so, I'd check those out to see if theres one that gives a decent look at it. Its in the box, if that gives an idea of what size to expect.

AlexIIDX

Got an email yesterday saying my LE would be here on the 26th so I was slightly bummed... Just got home from work and it's sitting at the front door! Did not expect that!...now I gotta get on that second batch of xrd sticks asap.

Papstr

Neo Member
I think I was facing you? GGs man, a good number of those were 2f throughout.

My match with Panii55 spiked to 19f and I just cut my losses and got out, no thank you.
Yeah I'm Jackie Chandler. It's a friend's account, I don't have a ps3, so I borrow his. Delay is so odd. It said 8F often, but like you said, it feltpr etty good at times! Fun playing you and Lostconfused so far

Volcynika

This shit isnt an artbook IT'S A GOD DAMN CODEX

*just got mine, IT'S GLORIOUS* A small book BUT A GLORIOUS BOOK

image.php

Excellent.

Top Bottom