• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Nyoro SF

Just like the BB and P4U2 arcade lobbies, everyone gravitates to one or two lobbies, regardless of region in the US.
Just easier to find matches that way.

And the depressing fact that the numbers are low enough to fit everyone in a lobby

Yeah it's really unfortunate. The connection qualities vary wildly because of it.

I'd join the WC lobby in P4U2 and it'd be nothing but zero and one-bars. :|

fader

Just like the BB and P4U2 arcade lobbies, everyone gravitates to one or two lobbies, regardless of region in the US.
Just easier to find matches that way.

And the depressing fact that the numbers are low enough to fit everyone in a lobby

yea I understand why they did it but I wish they went for less lobbies maybe 1 for west, 1 for south, 1 for midwest and 1 for north east and have bigger room sizes.

Rhapsody

Banned
You pick the Christmas colors like any other color, right?

Because I just DL'd that pack first as a test, since it's free, and I can't access them.

I think so. I don't think you need to do anything else to enable the DLC to work.

So yeah, sounds like you'll have to DL it off the JP/HK store.

GamerJM

Banned
Okay, so the online in this game is basically completely broken for me. I can't connect to any matches without getting a "Can't connect," or a "DNS error". This didn't happen for any other PS4 game except for the Destiny beta which I had similar issues with (full release version works fine though). I thought it was a weird issue with my PS4 since I was having separate unrelated problems with the internet in general on it for a few days, but now I can connect just fine and played a little bit of Garden Warfare without any issues.

So are my issues unique? Are people with crappy internet just basically not able to play this game online at all because it kicks them out in order to maintain the quality of netcode for everyone else or something?

FluxWaveZ

So are my issues unique? Are people with crappy internet just basically not able to play this game online at all because it kicks them out in order to maintain the quality of netcode for everyone else or something?

The online is just screwed up in all sorts of ways; hopefully the upcoming patch smooths things out. Before the NA launch, I had a lot of trouble getting into matches and also had to deal with a bunch of error messages.

Now my problem is the latency with other people, though I had great connections with the two people I've played against in this thread.

Marz

I just won 5 matches in a row against 3 different people. I think that upgrades me from total shit to mostly shit.

I lost to a Slayer spamming his rushdown moves with 19 frames of delay. Get the fuck off the internet if that is your situation. I couldn't even link P to itself by mashing.

Yea I don't see how these people that have eternally bad connections go online and have fun.

Like what is the point? Whenever I play fighting games online I just question the intelligence of the human race

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Forgot to mention the site doesn't work for me for some reason, I have to use the store on the system. Found the color pack under new releases but can't find the PS+ colors...

PS PLUS colors aren't slated to be released until 1/13 and will only be available from 1/13-2/10 for PS PLUS users (for free~)

Played and streamed for over 2 hours today.

Lost my first 20 matches but finally got the hang of online shenanigans and tactics and prevailed.

I don't have a main right now so I played elephet, ky, sol, millia and venom. Oh and just abit of ino ,chip, may and zato.

99 percent of all my matches were against ramlethal.

And boy oh boy are online Sol's scrubby as heck. OMG.

I plan on playing in a bit but right now am watching "marry me".

Played and streamed for over 2 hours today.

Lost my first 20 matches but finally got the hang of online shenanigans and tactics and prevailed.

I don't have a main right now so I played elephet, ky, sol, millia and venom. Oh and just abit of ino ,chip, may and zato.

99 percent of all my matches were against ramlethal.

And boy oh boy are online Sol's scrubby as heck. OMG.

I plan on playing in a bit but right now am watching "marry me".
This stuff confuses me, because I am seeing everyone.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
are these only going to be plus exclusive? no selling them later on?

Exclusive to PS PLUS members, and only available from 1/13-2/10. Japan is having a similar offer that starts a little earlier than ours.

The Christmas Color set, which is free to everyone starting today, will last from 12/23-1/13, so make sure to grab those as well!

And of course, make sure to grab Elphelt Valentine while she's free too! :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Exclusive to PS PLUS members, and only available from 1/13-2/10. Japan is having a similar offer that starts a little earlier than ours.

The Christmas Color set, which is free to everyone starting today, will last from 12/23-1/13, so make sure to grab those as well!

And of course, make sure to grab Elphelt Valentine while she's free too! :)

Dumb question, but the colors can still be chosen even after our PS+ expires?

Haha, took me a minute to get the "I Been Here For Years" Trophy.

Kinda want to give Elphelt and Sin a shot. They both look pretty fun, and I could use a sub for Millia.

xezuru

Won't be getting my LE until at least tommorow :[, well atleast someone other than me preordered from gamestop and I don't have to worry about my shipping guy throwing the package at my wall.

Isotope

Arcade Ramlethal is indeed bullshit; I could only get by her (Besides the fact I'm a scrub) by IKing her right after she uses her laser super.

Bebpo

Banned
I've yet to fight Ramlethal as a boss lol

Gone through Arcade mode 3 times so far, first as Ephemet, Sol Boss; Next as Ramlethal, don't remember who was the boss; then as Slayer, Zato-1 was the boss. I like how people have their own bosses.

AlexIIDX

You can, but use it sparingly, because smart opponents will pick up on it and Yellow Roman Cancel for a free combo if they see it coming. Plus, forward air-dashes are completely defenseless. Now, I'm still a total scrub, but here's what helped me advance from a total beginner:

Get some high-low mixups going (3K or 2D on their wakeup to get them block low, then hit them with a dust). Always be charging Mr. Dolphin while doing some space-control moves like standing HS, far S, or 2D, and also use him to end any strings you land on the opponent. Remember you can Roman Cancel S horizontal dolphin into either an air-dash or a fully charged 6HS > another Mr. Dolphin (as soon as 6HS starts, keep holding HS but hold back on the joystick and get ready to hit 6S or 6HS as soon as the anchor hits).

Use Mr. Otter any time you get space, or if your opponent likes to air-dash across the screen like an idiot. Learn which counter-hits lead to big combos (2HS counter on an airborne opponent, for example). Learn how to use Overhead Kiss (her command throw). Start with these combos and build from there:

Her BnB pretty much boils down to j.HS, j.D, Ensenga, with different starters, or some variation thereof. Start with this to get the basic idea:

Dust > Homing Jump > j. HS, j. S, j. HS, j. D, Ensenga (hcf + HS in the air)

Then you can do a more advanced, timing-based verson like:

Dust > Homing Jump > j.P (two hits), j.S, j.K, j.P (two hits), j.HS, j.D > Jump Cancel (hit up as soon as the j.D hits) > j.S, j.HS, j.D > Ensenga

If you see that the opponent only has a sliver of life left, you can Roman Cancel the last Ensenga to get another j.HS, j.D > Ensenga to finish them off. Otherwise, save the meter. If you have trouble getting the Dust, any close-range move, even S Horizontal Dolphin, can be Roman Canceled for a free Dust on hit.

Roman Canceled throw combos are next:

Forward throw (sends them behind you) > Roman Cancel > walk towards them juuuust a bit > Close S, 2HS, cancel into HS Vertical Dolphin. This can be expanded if you close S after the Dolphin.

Overhead Kiss > dash forward two steps > close S, j.K, j.HS, j.D > Jump Cancel > j.HS, j.D > Ensenga.

That's some basic stuff that will have you winning against the lower ranks in no time.

Wow thanks a lot for the tips...will be working on all of this!

edit: got some nice combos going based off this, thanks...I think its character specific cause it wasn't working on chip, but on Leo I was doing Dust > Homing jump > j. HS > j. S > j. P x2 > j. S > j. K > j. P x2 > j. HS > j. D > Ensenga....working on roman canceling the dolphin into the 6HS > dolphin but its really difficult for me right now.

Hey Rhapsody, I found a way to combo off of the double overhead without Eddie in corners:
j.K, fly, j.P, j.HS, j.D, land, j.S, j.HS, j.D

Also, why is Challenge 30 such a bitch? The second AA whiffs 90% of the time.

Rhapsody

Banned
Hey Rhapsody, I found a way to combo off of the double overhead without Eddie in corners:
j.K, fly, j.P, j.HS, j.D, land, j.S, j.HS, j.D

Also, why is Challenge 30 such a bitch? The second AA whiffs 90% of the time.

Oh, hm... I guess I'll try that when I get back from vacation.

And I actually haven't tried Zato's challenges yet. Only did Ky's, Elphelt's, and Potemkin's to completion.

I avoided his because I expected them to throw out some annoyingly hard stuff. lol

Naite

Yay. First time playing the PS3 version online and I got a 2F connection and won with a perfect.

Getting way more consistent frames than the PS4 matches so far.

Oh, hm... I guess I'll try that when I get back from vacation.

And I actually haven't tried Zato's challenges yet. Only did Ky's, Elphelt's, and Potemkin's to completion.

I avoided his because I expected them to throw out some annoyingly hard stuff. lol
Challenge 37 has three TKed Shadow Galleries on a row. :p

Top Bottom